HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pro scout watching Yzerman?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-19-2006, 07:24 AM
  #1
SGY19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 555
vCash: 500
Pro scout watching Yzerman?

I happend to come across an article on the ESPN website that lists the hero and villians of each series in the playoffs. Obviously for the Detroit-Edmonton series the villian is Pronger. The hero is Yzerman. They said a bunch of nice things about Yzerman. Anyways at the bottom of the Yzerman column it has a comment from a top pro scout about Yzerman playing excellent lately. Should we be concerned that a pro scout is watching Yzerman? Does that mean that some team is actually interested in Yzerman?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playof...ory?id=2412721

SGY19 is offline  
Old
04-19-2006, 09:04 AM
  #2
octopi
Registered User
 
octopi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 30,958
vCash: 500
Ummmm...what?95% chance of Yzerman retiring this season, 5% chance of him playing one more season, only with the Wings.

Hey, by any chance have you ever posted under the names of Alexey, Andie or Julie?

octopi is offline  
Old
04-19-2006, 09:19 AM
  #3
SGY19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by octopi
Ummmm...what?95% chance of Yzerman retiring this season, 5% chance of him playing one more season, only with the Wings.

Hey, by any chance have you ever posted under the names of Alexey, Andie or Julie?
No, I haven't posted under those names.

It just caught me by surprise to see a pro scout commenting on Yzerman. He had to have been watching him or he wouldn't be able to even comment. Usually when a scout is watching a certain player it means their team is interested in him. I know there has been alot of talk about Yzerman retiring, but there is still a very slight chance that he might play next year and who knows if the Red Wings will have enough salary cap space.

It probably means nothing, but you never know.

SGY19 is offline  
Old
04-19-2006, 09:23 AM
  #4
O'shizzle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 1,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGY19
No, I haven't posted under those names.

It just caught me by surprise to see a pro scout commenting on Yzerman. He had to have been watching him or he wouldn't be able to even comment. Usually when a scout is watching a certain player it means their team is interested in him. I know there has been alot of talk about Yzerman retiring, but there is still a very slight chance that he might play next year and who knows if the Red Wings will have enough salary cap space.

It probably means nothing, but you never know.
Never heard of "advance scouts" before?

O'shizzle is offline  
Old
04-19-2006, 09:25 AM
  #5
Higgy4
Registered User
 
Higgy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,548
vCash: 500
The playoffs are starting in 3 days. Scouts are everywhere man.

Higgy4 is offline  
Old
04-19-2006, 09:29 AM
  #6
norrisnick
Registered User
 
norrisnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16,295
vCash: 500
SGY has posted under the aliases of drw19, DRW0619, and DRW2006 at various forums, tho.

norrisnick is offline  
Old
04-19-2006, 09:34 AM
  #7
SGY19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by O'shizzle
Never heard of "advance scouts" before?
Yes, I just forgot about that. It probably was just that and nothing else.

SGY19 is offline  
Old
04-19-2006, 10:54 AM
  #8
Goldark
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: United States
Posts: 2,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by octopi
Ummmm...what?95% chance of Yzerman retiring this season, 5% chance of him playing one more season, only with the Wings.

Hey, by any chance have you ever posted under the names of Alexey, Andie or Julie?

Haha, mlive lurker, I assume? Or if you post there, what's your username?

Goldark is offline  
Old
04-19-2006, 02:16 PM
  #9
12CUPS4US
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 49
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGY19
Yes, I just forgot about that. It probably was just that and nothing else.
Correct me if I'm wrong ( I'm usually not! ) but the writer of the story used this 'top pro scout about Yzerman playing excellent lately' as a way to say " look he must be playing good cause a pro scout is probably the LAST guy to notice this good play of his", nothing more , nothing less.

12CUPS4US is offline  
Old
04-19-2006, 08:01 PM
  #10
SGY19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12CUPS4US
Correct me if I'm wrong ( I'm usually not! ) but the writer of the story used this 'top pro scout about Yzerman playing excellent lately' as a way to say " look he must be playing good cause a pro scout is probably the LAST guy to notice this good play of his", nothing more , nothing less.
It could be that too. You never know. Lately alot of teams like Chicago, Minnesota, etc. have been gushing over Yzerman. It's possible that one of them sent a scout to watch Yzerman and see if he's someone they should try to steal from the Red Wings in the offseason if he decides to play. He's not the player he used to be, but with his leadership skills he could possibly help get some other team headed in the right direction or even be an inspiration.

SGY19 is offline  
Old
04-19-2006, 08:45 PM
  #11
Heaton
#disapointment
 
Heaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rochester, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 17,183
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Heaton
If Yzerman leaves Detroit I'll castrate myself, that's how sure I am that he'll never leave.

Saying Yzerman won't leave Detroit is like saying the Ocean is wet, wow, isn't that obvious?!

Heaton is offline  
Old
04-19-2006, 11:22 PM
  #12
Higgy4
Registered User
 
Higgy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGY19
It could be that too. You never know. Lately alot of teams like Chicago, Minnesota, etc. have been gushing over Yzerman. It's possible that one of them sent a scout to watch Yzerman and see if he's someone they should try to steal from the Red Wings in the offseason if he decides to play. He's not the player he used to be, but with his leadership skills he could possibly help get some other team headed in the right direction or even be an inspiration.
Ok, stop already. You sound like a blubbering idiot.

Higgy4 is offline  
Old
04-19-2006, 11:26 PM
  #13
A Good Flying Bird*
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton
If Yzerman leaves Detroit I'll castrate myself, that's how sure I am that he'll never leave.

Saying Yzerman won't leave Detroit is like saying the Ocean is wet, wow, isn't that obvious?!
Dude I am as certain as can be that Yzerman will never leave Detroit.
But after reading your post, I'm reminded that nothing is certain.
I would not wager my wang on anything.

A Good Flying Bird* is offline  
Old
04-19-2006, 11:39 PM
  #14
Motown Beatdown
Need a slump buster
 
Motown Beatdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Indianapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 8,561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by norrisnick
SGY has posted under the aliases of drw19, DRW0619, and DRW2006 at various forums, tho.
DetRW and Ryan

Motown Beatdown is offline  
Old
04-20-2006, 12:02 AM
  #15
O'shizzle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 1,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWI19
DetRW and Ryan
So instead of there being 3 or 4 retarded posters on the Wings boards, it's just the one retarded guy posing as 3 or 4 different posters? That makes me feel a little better.

O'shizzle is offline  
Old
04-20-2006, 09:20 AM
  #16
SGY19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanCommunications
Dude I am as certain as can be that Yzerman will never leave Detroit.
But after reading your post, I'm reminded that nothing is certain.
I would not wager my wang on anything.
Before this season I just always assumed that Yzerman would retire as a Red Wing and then eventually take a management position with the Red Wings, but now I'm not so sure that will happen. If the Red Wings can cut his ice-time down the way they did this season, what's to stop them from letting him go? For the most part if it was up to Yzerman he'd probably stay with the Red Wings. The only reason he would probably leave is if the Red Wings don't want him anymore. I don't know if you listened to any of Yzerman's interviews lately, but now he's saying he just wants to stay involved in hockey whereas before he used to say he wants to stay in Detroit and eventually take a management position with the Red Wings. It's actually mentioned in the bottom of this article, http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...an-cover_x.htm .

SGY19 is offline  
Old
04-21-2006, 07:50 AM
  #17
MotownLegend19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 47
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to MotownLegend19
Sgy19 ****

were you born stupid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGY19
Before this season I just always assumed that Yzerman would retire as a Red Wing and then eventually take a management position with the Red Wings, but now I'm not so sure that will happen. If the Red Wings can cut his ice-time down the way they did this season, what's to stop them from letting him go? For the most part if it was up to Yzerman he'd probably stay with the Red Wings. The only reason he would probably leave is if the Red Wings don't want him anymore. I don't know if you listened to any of Yzerman's interviews lately, but now he's saying he just wants to stay involved in hockey whereas before he used to say he wants to stay in Detroit and eventually take a management position with the Red Wings. It's actually mentioned in the bottom of this article, http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...an-cover_x.htm .

MotownLegend19 is offline  
Old
04-21-2006, 08:24 AM
  #18
Hitokiri
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 65
vCash: 500
SGY19 is the reason the ignore feature was invented, I suggest giving it a try. He is either a troll (my assumption) or has a level of hockey knowledge that rivals the american sports media (ie, none). any credability he ever had is long gone, trust me, you'll be doing yourself a favor by editing him out of your forum veiwing.

Hitokiri is offline  
Old
04-21-2006, 08:33 AM
  #19
sarcastro
Registered User
 
sarcastro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,277
vCash: 500
Yzerman going to play for the Wild is maybe the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

sarcastro is offline  
Old
04-21-2006, 04:56 PM
  #20
kruezer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,279
vCash: 500
Pro Scouts watch games for more reasons than just to see who their team should trade for.

I am willing to bet this was an Oiler or Avalanche pro scout they were talking to that had been scouting the team in preperation for their potential playoff matchup.

kruezer is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.