HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Long Island roller hockey

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-20-2012, 01:44 AM
  #126
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
Is that surface painted? Like that poly-eurethane paint?
No paint as far as I'm aware of....

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 03:16 AM
  #127
birdman31383
Registered User
 
birdman31383's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: LI
Country: United States
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
Astoria

Good pick up games 36 & crescent. Saturday @ 1 if its not too hot.

birdman31383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 10:43 AM
  #128
nyrmetros
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,345
vCash: 500
We had a full game with 2 goalies at whitestone last night.. Lights go off at 10:15.

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 12:23 PM
  #129
1Knee1T
OHH MAMMA DONT U CRY
 
1Knee1T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,184
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
Is that surface painted? Like that poly-eurethane paint?



Yeah, I'd love to play there. You play at Baldwin and/or LB?
I go to Baldwin a lot in the fall and spring with dudes from my team. During the summer it's usually too hot for me or the rink is crammed with people so we go down later in the day when it's cooler out and less crowded.

1Knee1T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 11:53 AM
  #130
ReggieDunlop68
Hey Hanrahan!
 
ReggieDunlop68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 729
vCash: 500
For inline hockey, which company makes the most comfortable and effective boot?

I know what comfort is relative, but I figure that the boot is what I'm most concerned with because I can always customize the skate with a better chassis, bearings, and wheels.

I also, IMHO, think that a lot of the newer and more expensive boots don't have a traditional look because they have odd finishes.

Thank you in advance for the feedback.

ReggieDunlop68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 10:08 AM
  #131
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World
 
CM Lundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 8,537
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TullyNYR View Post
I go to Baldwin a lot in the fall and spring with dudes from my team. During the summer it's usually too hot for me or the rink is crammed with people so we go down later in the day when it's cooler out and less crowded.
Where do you play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strauss View Post
For inline hockey, which company makes the most comfortable and effective boot?

I know what comfort is relative, but I figure that the boot is what I'm most concerned with because I can always customize the skate with a better chassis, bearings, and wheels.

I also, IMHO, think that a lot of the newer and more expensive boots don't have a traditional look because they have odd finishes.

Thank you in advance for the feedback.
I'd say Bauer. Their boots are amazing.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 10:28 AM
  #132
Eddie Johnstone
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1
vCash: 500
So what time are you guys skating in Smithtown today, Sun. 7-22?

want to come check it out, though I dont have my equipment here...

Eddie Johnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 04:51 PM
  #133
1Knee1T
OHH MAMMA DONT U CRY
 
1Knee1T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,184
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
Where do you play?
I play at Hot Skates in Lynbrook every season, usually in the Gold or Silver division. We're in Silver right now. My buds from high school asked me to play on their team at Sportime in Bethpage for the summer so I'm there right now also. I forget what division we are but it's not a very good league skill wise, I'm assuming it's the lowest or second lowest. The rink and refs are awesome though.

What about you?

1Knee1T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 11:53 AM
  #134
JanErixon20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by esidebill View Post
Isn't there Rapid Fire in Moriches? That's in Suffolk though.
That's way out east. I played at Skate Safe which is off of 110, near the LIE and Southern State.

JanErixon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 11:57 AM
  #135
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 8,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Johnstone View Post
So what time are you guys skating in Smithtown today, Sun. 7-22?

want to come check it out, though I dont have my equipment here...
Hey dude, we played yesterday around 4:30...it was awesome. We had about 15 people there, and got a great 4-4 game going with two goalies.

We have a group on Facebook called 'Armory Hockey' look for it.

nevesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 11:58 AM
  #136
JanErixon20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
Where do you play?



I'd say Bauer. Their boots are amazing.
I agree. Most of my equipment is Bauer. Stick, skates (both roller and ice), gloves. Shinguards are from Shock Doctor I think. Not sure, bought them online because they were on sale.

Anyway, I'm interested in playing, either just pickup or that thing versus the other team boards. I'm taking summer off from league hockey so just getting some skating in would be fine by me.

JanErixon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 12:00 PM
  #137
JanErixon20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Hey dude, we played yesterday around 4:30...it was awesome. We had about 15 people there, and got a great 4-4 game going with two goalies.

We have a group on Facebook called 'Armory Hockey' look for it.
Just saw it....nice picture of Tavares on the home page! You guys play mostly Sundays?

JanErixon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 12:59 PM
  #138
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 8,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanErixon20 View Post
Just saw it....nice picture of Tavares on the home page! You guys play mostly Sundays?
Not sure if thats the right one. This is though...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/216142381742909/

Yes, we play mostly weekends, Sat/Sun, Sundays are usually the most often.

nevesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 01:24 PM
  #139
JanErixon20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Not sure if thats the right one. This is though...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/216142381742909/

Yes, we play mostly weekends, Sat/Sun, Sundays are usually the most often.


Yeah, different one! I'll "like" it and try to get down there if you guys need a player or two.

EDIT:

Whoops, have to join it...

JanErixon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 08:27 AM
  #140
JanErixon20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 438
vCash: 500
Any word on this game?

JanErixon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 08:35 AM
  #141
jskramer83
Registered User
 
jskramer83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,066
vCash: 800
I unexpectedly got very busy at work, so haven't had much time to do research, probably won't till end of august. You all know how it is or if you don't you will in the future, so enjoy it while you can.

I will do my best, not sure if I am going to be able to find the time. Each teams board Philly, Jersey, Islanders all have a thread going on about this game, if someone with more free time wants to try and take over for me.

jskramer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 08:54 AM
  #142
birdman31383
Registered User
 
birdman31383's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: LI
Country: United States
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TullyNYR View Post
I play at Hot Skates in Lynbrook every season, usually in the Gold or Silver division. We're in Silver right now. My buds from high school asked me to play on their team at Sportime in Bethpage for the summer so I'm there right now also. I forget what division we are but it's not a very good league skill wise, I'm assuming it's the lowest or second lowest. The rink and refs are awesome though.

What about you?
i play at hotskates too, looking to get in at bethpage as well, throw me a message if your looking for another foward in either league.

birdman31383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 09:20 AM
  #143
JanErixon20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TullyNYR View Post
I play at Hot Skates in Lynbrook every season, usually in the Gold or Silver division. We're in Silver right now. My buds from high school asked me to play on their team at Sportime in Bethpage for the summer so I'm there right now also. I forget what division we are but it's not a very good league skill wise, I'm assuming it's the lowest or second lowest. The rink and refs are awesome though.

What about you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman31383 View Post
i play at hotskates too, looking to get in at bethpage as well, throw me a message if your looking for another foward in either league.
I played one season at Sportime and hated it, never went back. Only good thing about it was the rink size.

JanErixon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 09:57 AM
  #144
Mio41
Ron Harris #3
 
Mio41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TullyNYR View Post
I play at Hot Skates in Lynbrook every season, usually in the Gold or Silver division. We're in Silver right now. My buds from high school asked me to play on their team at Sportime in Bethpage for the summer so I'm there right now also. I forget what division we are but it's not a very good league skill wise, I'm assuming it's the lowest or second lowest. The rink and refs are awesome though.

What about you?
You still play with my son the Ranger intern Tully?

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 10:02 AM
  #145
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 5,358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanErixon20 View Post
I played one season at Sportime and hated it, never went back. Only good thing about it was the rink size.
Sportime in Amagansett is supposed to have an awesome rink.

Anyone play at Rapid Fire in Moriches? That's where I play.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 12:25 PM
  #146
JanErixon20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Sportime in Amagansett is supposed to have an awesome rink.

Anyone play at Rapid Fire in Moriches? That's where I play.
Years ago...it was OK. I played at Skate Safe mainly.

JanErixon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 04:28 PM
  #147
JaeTM
Registered User
 
JaeTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,052
vCash: 500
Is there anywhere in Suffolk County where there's a rink that is easily accessible for pick up games like the ones you guys are talking about? I just can't make it out to Nassau/NYC/NJ to play pick up hockey lol.

I've found this place in Smithtown in a park but the rink is kind of small. Fun though.

Oh, looking for a place that is indoor wheel preferred. The asphalt just eats up my wheels.

JaeTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 01:39 PM
  #148
JanErixon20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeTM View Post
Is there anywhere in Suffolk County where there's a rink that is easily accessible for pick up games like the ones you guys are talking about? I just can't make it out to Nassau/NYC/NJ to play pick up hockey lol.

I've found this place in Smithtown in a park but the rink is kind of small. Fun though.

Oh, looking for a place that is indoor wheel preferred. The asphalt just eats up my wheels.
Not that I know of, especially with the wheels.

I use to play at Ostego Park (I think) years back for random pick up games. There was one summer where we'd have a game there every night. Haven't been there in years though.

JanErixon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 11:01 PM
  #149
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World
 
CM Lundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 8,537
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TullyNYR View Post
I play at Hot Skates in Lynbrook every season, usually in the Gold or Silver division. We're in Silver right now. My buds from high school asked me to play on their team at Sportime in Bethpage for the summer so I'm there right now also. I forget what division we are but it's not a very good league skill wise, I'm assuming it's the lowest or second lowest. The rink and refs are awesome though.

What about you?
I play down at Sportime usually, I've played in all of the divisions there, A, B, C, Rec, but I try to stay away from the lower divisions. Lot of guys who hack and just try to go after you and take you out.

Hot Skates I've played a couple of games at, but I hate the low ceiling there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanErixon20 View Post
I agree. Most of my equipment is Bauer. Stick, skates (both roller and ice), gloves. Shinguards are from Shock Doctor I think. Not sure, bought them online because they were on sale.

Anyway, I'm interested in playing, either just pickup or that thing versus the other team boards. I'm taking summer off from league hockey so just getting some skating in would be fine by me.
True, like I said, if we play down at Baldwin, I'll let you know. PM Me if you want and I'll let you know more.

Where are all of you guys from anyway?

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 12:04 AM
  #150
1Knee1T
OHH MAMMA DONT U CRY
 
1Knee1T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,184
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman31383 View Post
i play at hotskates too, looking to get in at bethpage as well, throw me a message if your looking for another foward in either league.
What division/team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
You still play with my son the Ranger intern Tully?
Hahah yep, good ol' Kyle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
I play down at Sportime usually, I've played in all of the divisions there, A, B, C, Rec, but I try to stay away from the lower divisions. Lot of guys who hack and just try to go after you and take you out.

Hot Skates I've played a couple of games at, but I hate the low ceiling there.



True, like I said, if we play down at Baldwin, I'll let you know. PM Me if you want and I'll let you know more.

Where are all of you guys from anyway?
Yeah, Hot Skate's rink is really tiny. At least it's cheap.

1Knee1T is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.