HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Yandle - Krejci

Old
07-20-2012, 01:54 PM
WJF

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguin2Marshmont View Post
An offensive defenseman thriving in Boston? Where do you get that idea? Seriously.
Based on the production of your forwards and your middle-of-the-pack PP.

Yandle plays on a team with a 29th placed PP and doesn't even start on it because Tippet uses it to reward hard-working players, hence why it's 29th.

WJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 01:57 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

vCash: 500
How about:

To Boston : Keith Yandle

To Phoenix: David Krejci + Jared Knight + 2nd 2013

Yandle < Krejci

Knight would add another forward in which Phoenix wants to add. But still..

Yandle< Krejci + Knight

So add a 2nd ? I'm a Yandle but I think that would be pretty fair.

Yandle = Krejci , Knight , 2nd 2013

Thoughts?

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 02:03 PM
Oates2Neely

Krejci is a #1 center. Yandle is a nice offensive dman, but would be a #2 dman in Boston,, and that's if Hamilton doesnt pass him up in a couple years.

No sane GM trades a #1 center for a dman who will be the #2 on his blueline.

B's pass. Krejci is very very under-valued here, he is yet to hit his prime years, the best is yet to come. Did I mention he led the playoffs in scoring in 2011?? As the Bruins #1 center, he led the team to a Stanley Cup victory. Not too shabby.

Oates2Neely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 02:03 PM
WJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
There is no guarantee of this.

ES.

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stati...12+13+14+15+16

First in O-Zone starts.

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stati...2+13+14+15+16#

Last in QOC. (Against 3rd, 4th line players)

This is your prototypical sheltered defenseman.
You're putting too much emphasis on these esoteric stats. At the end of the day, it's production that counts. I don't care if you're starting in the O-zone or not, winning face-offs and putting pucks in the net is no easy thing in this league. Sedins are near the top of the league in o-zone starts - i guess that means they are "sheltered", unidimensional players then, doesnt it?

Yandle is not a #4 d-man. When he does get traded, and I believe he will - you will see what type of value he will return. I can guarantee you that whatever it is, it will be =/> Krejci.

Defense is well known as a position that takes longer to develop - this is why guys like Nik Lidstrom and your boy Chara are able to do what they do. Do you know any dominant centermen who are 35 years +?? They typically peak much earlier. See: Vincent Lecavailier.

Old
07-20-2012, 02:04 PM
NewJackEdwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
How about:

Yandle < Krejci

Yandle< Krejci + Knight

Thoughts?
I'm assuming you mean Yandle > Krejci? Either way it's overpayment from the Bruins.

NewJackEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 02:04 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
How about:

Yandle < Krejci

Yandle< Krejci + Knight

Thoughts?
You really think Boston is interested in trading Knight for a 2nd?

Oates2Neely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 02:19 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Krejci is a #1 center. Yandle is a nice offensive dman, but would be a #2 dman in Boston,, and that's if Hamilton doesnt pass him up in a couple years.

No sane GM trades a #1 center for a dman who will be the #2 on his blueline.

B's pass. Krejci is very very under-valued here, he is yet to hit his prime years, the best is yet to come. Did I mention he led the playoffs in scoring in 2011?? As the Bruins #1 center, he led the team to a Stanley Cup victory. Not too shabby.
interesting logic... By this logic Yandle is a top pairing Dman...Krejci is a nice #2C but is about to be taken over by Seguin.

No sane GM trades a top pairing Dman for a 60pt #2C making 5.25M..

If Krejci is that good (playoffs MVP etc) then keep him and trade Seguin or Bergeron for Yandle+

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 02:20 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
You really think Boston is interested in trading Knight for a 2nd?
Got the < backwards. Just noticed thanks to someone.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 02:23 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJF View Post
Yes, but then you lose Connolly/Lombardi in the offseason and are back to square one.

Krejci at least gives us a three years of a guy at the peak (rather than twighlight) of his career with valuable (and recent) Stanly Cup playoff experience.

I would feel much better going into the playoffs with Krejci next year and face a team like the Kings or Canucks than go in with a Connolly or Lombardi masquerading as a no. 1 center (and likely on the IR anyway).

If we want to compete next year against strengthened rivals (the Wild and the Stars) - we need a legit center ice man. Enough of these Yanic Perrault/Daymond Langkow experiments.

A legit center ice man will cost you either a Yandle or $100 million/13 years contract during the offseason.
Of course Connolly and Lombardi are just one year bandaids. That's why they won't cost much to acquire. With this ownership mess we are in, we might as well use patch work for one more summer and hope that things are better next season.

Let's say for ***** and giggles...

1. We re-sign Shane Doan
2. We move a mid round pick for say Tim Connolly

...we still have tradeable assets in Rundblad, Summers, Stone, Schlemko, and Goncharov to move for more scoring help if we decide more scoring help is actually needed.

07-20-2012, 02:24 PM
BruinsNeedaRussian

Too risky for Boston. Not all dman fit well on this team. Yandle, while fine on both ends might not work and Krejci is at a low in value.

BruinsNeedaRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 02:29 PM
NewJackEdwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
interesting logic... By this logic Yandle is a top pairing Dman...Krejci is a nice #2C but is about to be taken over by Seguin.

No sane GM trades a top pairing Dman for a 60pt #2C making 5.25M..

If Krejci is that good (playoffs MVP etc) then keep him and trade Seguin or Bergeron for Yandle+
Or they could just keep all 3 and let Hamilton step up and take the open D spot.

NewJackEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 02:34 PM
t0pshe1f
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJackEdwards View Post
Or they could just keep all 3 and let Hamilton step up and take the open D spot.
Bingo. We don't need another D-man. We just picked up two depth guys in Exelby and Johnson and also have Krug to fill in the 7th man spot. The only need Boston has at this time is a right winger in case Nathan Horton isn't 100% at the start of the season. Other than that, no thank you to all of these trade rumors around Yandle, Nash, or Ryan. This is essentially the same roster that brought a Stanley Cup to Boston only two years ago, except it's a young core that now has 2 years more experience and is only getting better. I like Chiarelli's decision to stand pat.

t0pshe1f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 02:36 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJackEdwards View Post
and PHO could do the same and let Hanzal work his way into a top 2C role.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 02:37 PM
WJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Of course Connolly and Lombardi are just one year bandaids. That's why they won't cost much to acquire. With this ownership mess we are in, we might as well use patch work for one more summer and hope that things are better next season.

Let's say for ***** and giggles...

1. We re-sign Shane Doan
2. We move a mid round pick for say Tim Connolly

...we still have tradeable assets in Rundblad, Summers, Stone, Schlemko, and Goncharov to move for more scoring help if we decide more scoring help is actually needed.
The problem with this is that we've done nothing to improve our lineup. You've resigned Doan and replaced Langkow with Connolly (who is on the IR half the time anyway).

Who can you realistically obtain for a Rundblad or Schlemko? We need impact forwards now. If Doan leaves, that just compounds the problem. We need people who can step in to top-6 roles. With the addition of a Connolly or Lombardi - it would feel like we've done nothing to improve the club, while teams like the stars and wild have vastly improved.

Old
07-20-2012, 02:39 PM
Trap Jesus

I hate the idea of trading Krejci because it changes the dynamics of Boston being able to roll four lines with complete confidence. This would leave Boston's third line being Kelly and two rookies as opposed to Peverley filling in for one of those rookies should Krejci stay in Boston (which is a HUGE difference), not to mention the top 6 not being as good as well. That being said, I'd jump at Krejci for Yandle straight up. I'd be willing to add, but I'm not sure how much.

Trap Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 02:43 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
You're putting too much emphasis on these esoteric stats. At the end of the day, it's production that counts. I don't care if you're starting in the O-zone or not, winning face-offs and putting pucks in the net is no easy thing in this league. Sedins are near the top of the league in o-zone starts - i guess that means they are "sheltered", unidimensional players then, doesnt it?
That's why the Sedins get criticized. They are incomplete, one-dimensional hockey players, but they are forwards and forwards are expected to score. Defenseman that are pure offense-oriented, with sheltered minutes is a different story.

Quote:
Yandle is not a #4 d-man. When he does get traded, and I believe he will - you will see what type of value he will return. I can guarantee you that whatever it is, it will be =/> Krejci.
We'll see.

Quote:
Defense is well known as a position that takes longer to develop - this is why guys like Nik Lidstrom and your boy Chara are able to do what they do. Do you know any dominant centermen who are 35 years +?? They typically peak much earlier. See: Vincent Lecavailier.
Chara is not my boy. I'm a Rangers fan. I don't get why Krejci is getting knocked for being consistent in his career while Yandle has some untapped potential at the same age.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 02:45 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
With the addition of a Connolly or Lombardi - it would feel like we've done nothing to improve the club, while teams like the stars and wild have vastly improved.
Life as a Phoenix Coyotes fan.

Basically we just hope. We hope Lombardi can rebound and unlike Langkow not have his game completely fall off of a cliff around the half way point of the season, eventually ending up the fourth line center in the playoffs. We hope that Michalek can pick up where he left off and become a huge upgrade on two other older players who's games took huge nose dives down the stretch in Aucoin and Roszival. We hope that younger guys like Hanzal, Boedker, and OEL continue to progress. We hope that Yandle rebounds from a tough year. We hope that Vermette being in our line up for a full season makes a big impact and that Steve Sullivan fits in and stays healthy. Finally that Mike Smith isn't a flash in the pan and can continue is magic.

Quote:
Who can you realistically obtain for a Rundblad or Schlemko? We need impact forwards now.
Just spit ballin' but what about David Rundblad for Brenden Morrow? Dave Tippett favorite, and rumored to be on the block. Dallas could certainly use a player like Rundblad, and if they are looking to turn the page on Morrow, why not? Rundblad's probably NHL ready enough for that squad.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 02:51 PM
InvalidUsername

Wait, Yandle is a #1 defenseman? He's not even the #1 defenseman on HIS OWN TEAM.

In the playoffs Yandle wasn't 1st in TOI for defenseman on PHX. He wasn't second either. OR THIRD!

Even the PHX guy on the last page had him penciled into the SECOND PAIR of his projected lineup. He gets easy, offensive ice time and a **** LOAD of PP time. A minute+ more than anyone else on that whole team. 13th most in the ENTIRE LEAGUE for defensemen.

Shouldn't one of the pre-requisites of being a #1 defenseman be, oh I don't know, playing DEFENSE?!? Yandle isn't even trusted to play on the PK. How many #1 Defenseman can't kill penalties?

I'm no Bruins fan, but David Krejci is more of a #1 center than Keith Yandle is a #1 defenseman. At least Krejci leads his team in ice time when it counts.

Last edited by InvalidUsername: 07-20-2012 at 02:57 PM.
InvalidUsername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 02:56 PM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

I wouldn't add that's for sure. I'd like Yandle on the Bruins but not for Krejci +

Bruinsfan_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 03:07 PM
Art.Vandelay
@kash2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvalidUsername View Post
Wait, Yandle is a #1 defenseman? He's not even the #1 defenseman on HIS OWN TEAM.

In the playoffs Yandle wasn't 1st in TOI for defenseman on PHX. He wasn't second either. OR THIRD!

Even the PHX guy on the last page had him penciled into the SECOND PAIR of his projected lineup. He gets easy, offensive ice time and a **** LOAD of PP time. A minute+ more than anyone else on that whole team. 13th most in the ENTIRE LEAGUE for defensemen.

Shouldn't one of the pre-requisites of being a #1 defenseman be, oh I don't know, playing DEFENSE?!? Yandle isn't even trusted to play on the PK. How many #1 Defenseman can't kill penalties?

I'm no Bruins fan, but David Krejci is more of a #1 center than Keith Yandle is a #1 defenseman. At least Krejci leads his team in ice time when it counts.
During the regular season, Yandle led the team in TOI. During the playoffs, the Coyotes spent alot of time on the PK. Yandle does not play the PK so his minutes were lower.

Art.Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 03:13 PM
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez

I don't trade Krech for Yandle but unlike most Bruin fans, I really like David Krejci.

unifiedtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 03:17 PM
InvalidUsername

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art.Vandelay View Post
During the regular season, Yandle led the team in TOI. During the playoffs, the Coyotes spent alot of time on the PK. Yandle does not play the PK so his minutes were lower.
I know. He had 14 seconds more than OEL, who's your actual #1 defenseman. As proven by the playoffs.

InvalidUsername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 03:24 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Be prepared for the droves of people massively overrating Yandle thinking he's worth way more than what he is.

Guy couldn't hit his way out of a wet paper bag. Turns the puck over three times as much as he takes it away, and plays a total of 30 seconds a night on the PK.

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 03:28 PM
Art.Vandelay
@kash2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvalidUsername View Post
I know. He had 14 seconds more than OEL, who's your actual #1 defenseman. As proven by the playoffs.
OEL is why I"m ok with moving Yandle. As the season went on, Tippett showed more an d more faith in him. I think OEL will be even better this year and be able to replace Yandle's production.

The Coyotes have very few young offensive players and nobody in the pipes with potential to be 1st or 2nd line types. They need someone to build around. I'd be ok with parting with Yandle for that type of player.

Art.Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 03:30 PM
Zdeno33Lucic
BruWins

vCash: 1346
Quote:
Only because our current "#1" (Vermette) is really a "#3"

Put Krejci on any team in the West and he's a No. 2 everywhere but Columbus.

Yandle would likely become your "#1" in 1 or 2 years time anyway, once Chara begins to fade. He also has an extra year under contract over Krejci.
Krejci is number 1 center in:

Colorado
pheonix
columbus
nashville
edmonton
st louis
dallas
calgary
minnesota ( I may sound homerish, but i take krejci before koivu) krejci has better point totals and i like better

thats 9 of 15 teams lol

Zdeno33Lucic is offline   Reply With Quote