HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Subban VS Doughty

View Poll Results: Can Subban be a better offensive D man than Drew Doughty ?
Yes 79 40.31%
No 117 59.69%
Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-20-2012, 04:47 PM
Coach Brisebois*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
You really don't make much sense..
maybe you don't understand sense?

Coach Brisebois* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 04:48 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
You really don't make much sense..
CoachBrisebois is methodically dissing elite Dmen. His is a sour grapes attitude.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 05:05 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
CoachBrisebois is methodically dissing elite Dmen. His is a sour grapes attitude.
Lets just make it easier for people. Subban is the greatest. He has no faults. Last year he was amazing, took the next level to star status. Is on par with the greats in the league. Just ignore the numbers, ignore the results. Subban is what he is, he is just getting better while the rest get worse.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 05:26 PM
Coach Brisebois*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
Lets just make it easier for people. Markov is the greatest. He has no faults. Last year he was amazing, took the next level to star status. Is on par with the greats in the league. Just ignore the numbers, ignore the results. Markov is what he is, he is just getting better while the rest get worse.
fixed that for you

Old
07-20-2012, 06:19 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Brisebois View Post
fixed that for you
Markov has played how many games in 3years? How is he the greatest? Not even close to it.

Point is, you are comparing a top 5 Dman (top 10 at worst), to Dion freaking Phaneuf.

You have nothing against Doughty, you just think Mitchell and Scuderi are the ones making him look good.
You also think Shea Weber isn't as good as advertised.
And then you think PK progressed really well last year.

I think you've proven yourself incapable of properly evaluating defensive talent.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 06:40 PM
DAChampion

There are very few people who know how to evaluate defensemen properly.

Does anybody?

DAChampion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 07:10 PM
Coach Brisebois*

Quote:
Markov has played how many games in 3years? How is he the greatest? Not even close to it.

Point is, you are comparing a top 5 Dman (top 10 at worst), to Dion freaking Phaneuf.

You have nothing against Doughty, you just think Mitchell and Scuderi are the ones making him look good.
You also think Shea Weber isn't as good as advertised.
And then you think PK progressed really well last year.

I think you've proven yourself incapable of properly evaluating defensive talent.
or maybe most other people are. i defended gorges when people were hating on him, same with bonk and spacek.

you cant evaluate a d without looking at the entire corps... Doughty has been well surounded... his first year the kings didn't have that strong d, and it didn't look great for him, but in his sophomore (so yeah he didn't have a sophomore slump.. i forgot he had that miserable first year) they shored it up a bit and offensively up front the kings had better forwards (plus Handzus had a great year that year defensively), with Mitchell coming in the next year.

if you look at Subban, he was similarly surrounded in his rookie year, but this year we got to see what he looked like with nobody but a great defensive D partner.

in a year where Doughty's team won the cup filled with star filled lineup, Subban scored the same amount of points while playing with callups due to injury.

Old
07-20-2012, 09:22 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
There are very few people who know how to evaluate defensemen properly.

Does anybody?
I've been watching the Habs for close to 70 years but I'm not one of the few cognoscenti who really know how to evaluate Dmen properly. I don't have to because there are so many experts on this board who are eager to make up my mind for me. I'm told how great PK Subban is. Never mind what I see, I am admonished to take their word for it and not look critically. What I see with my untutored eye is a very talented but imperfect Dman. Yes, #76 is really good, the best the Habs have drafted in years. Sadly, the #76 I see isn't the legendary PK Subban I hear about.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 09:32 PM
Harpo
Lyle forever

Anything is possible.

Doughty is better as of now.

One of them could turn out being the next Wade Redden.

Whether or not Subban surpasses Doughty, I still think he is the most exciting player we had in decades, and I'm very pleased.

Harpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 10:37 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I've been watching the Habs for close to 70 years but I'm not one of the few cognoscenti who really know how to evaluate Dmen properly. I don't have to because there are so many experts on this board who are eager to make up my mind for me. I'm told how great PK Subban is. Never mind what I see, I am admonished to take their word for it and not look critically. What I see with my untutored eye is a very talented but imperfect Dman. Yes, #76 is really good, the best the Habs have drafted in years. Sadly, the #76 I see isn't the legendary PK Subban I hear about.
I think we're excited because we're not used to seeing potential greatness from our youth.

He's not elite now, but he's very good and he has the potential to be a future Norris trophy winner.

DAChampion is online now   Reply With Quote