HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Yandle - Krejci

Old
07-20-2012, 04:36 PM
NewJackEdwards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie27Seguin19 View Post
Krejci is number 1 center in:

Colorado
pheonix
columbus
nashville
edmonton
st louis
dallas
calgary
minnesota ( I may sound homerish, but i take krejci before koivu) krejci has better point totals and i like better

thats 9 of 15 teams lol
I disagree with Dallas and Minnesota. Colorado and Edmonton are close.

NewJackEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 04:42 PM
Art.Vandelay
@kash2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
Be prepared for the droves of people massively overrating Yandle thinking he's worth way more than what he is.

Guy couldn't hit his way out of a wet paper bag. Turns the puck over three times as much as he takes it away, and plays a total of 30 seconds a night on the PK.
You are pretty much correct on all 3 points. But he was also the 3rd highest scoring defenseman in the NHL in 2010-2011 and even though though he struggled some he was 14th last season. Those numbers are why other GM's are interested in bringing him over.

Art.Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 04:53 PM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
Be prepared for the droves of people massively overrating Yandle thinking he's worth way more than what he is.

Guy couldn't hit his way out of a wet paper bag. Turns the puck over three times as much as he takes it away, and plays a total of 30 seconds a night on the PK.
I can't wait to see him in a Bruins' uniform. not!

Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 04:56 PM
b in vancouver

Quote:

Colorado
pheonix
columbus
nashville
edmonton
st louis
dallas
calgary
minnesota ( I may sound homerish, but i take krejci before koivu) krejci has better point totals and i like better

thats 9 of 15 teams lol
Thanks for posting that. I was just going through me head thinking about it and came to the same conclusion. Although in Minny and maybe Dallas it would be more of a 1a 1b situation like it is in Boston. RNH and Duchene will probably become more effective - but not yet. And it's not that far off on a few others. Getzlaf never exactly tore it up this year (and that's with Perry on his wing) and J.T. isn't the dominant force he once was either.

Although he is definitely partially to blame for the anemic power-play the past two years, he isn't alone in it, and hasn't been able to add another 10 pts. or so that a lot of #1 centres are able to and that with Bergeron also on the team and with the way they roll 4 lines he doesn't see as much ice-time as a lot of other #1 centres. Something like 8th among centres for even strength points last year and 5th the year before where he also lead the Bruins in points on their cup run.

On the negative side he isn't 6'4" and his spin move inside the blue line wasn't nearly as effective this year but I think much of that had to do with Horton not being their to receive the pass or crash the net.

b in vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 05:23 PM
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

Quote:

Colorado
pheonix
columbus
nashville
edmonton
st louis
dallas
calgary

thats 9 of 15 teams lol
Krejci would not play in front of Benn, RNH, Stastny/Duchene. He's at best even with most of those team's #1 centre. Notice how all the teams you listed are in the West? It's because you obviously don't watch the west and you're looking at this solely at a points perspective and the West is the more defensive conference.

Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 05:26 PM
letowskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I'd prefer Phoenix to keep Yandle and move younger, more unproven D for a little help up front. Obviously guys like Rundblad, Summers, Stone, Schlemko, and Goncharov aren't going to get us players the caliber of Krejci, but I think we can get some decent, solid, younger depth up front by moving them. Possibly even older players that have a few good years left.

Either way, trading a player like Yandle seems like an overreaction.
I think someone like Gormley probably has enough value to be the center piece in landing someone of Krejci's caliber. A lot less proven, so we would have to add, but probably not that much given how the Bruins will be hurting on D in the future without Chara.

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 05:28 PM
letowskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confound View Post
I originally liked the idea of Krejci getting traded for an elite winger like Ryan, but I would also trade Krejci in a heartbeat for Yandle.

Chara-Seidenberg
Yandle-Hamilton
Ference-McQuiad

That is a sick defense and probably the best in the league when Hamilton has a few years experience. Chara-Seids-Yandle-Hamilton, holy **** that defense is great.

Trade Boychuk in a package for Yandle if the Yotes need a d-man coming back, I think Krejci and Boychuk for Yandle and maybe a good prospect from PHX would work for both teams.
What would it take to form a fair deal for Krejci + Marchand? What would the Yotes need to add to Yandle to make that work?

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 05:47 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

From a Boston perspective I'd love Yandle, but anymore than a 1 for 1 with Krejci and I pass. Boston's team is based on the concept of rolling all 4 lines. Krejci is important to that concept. Our defense isn't a weakness of the club either.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 05:48 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by letowskie View Post
What would it take to form a fair deal for Krejci + Marchand? What would the Yotes need to add to Yandle to make that work?
Boston won't trade 2 top 6 forwards. We're looking to add 1 if possible.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 05:54 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:

Colorado
pheonix
columbus
nashville
edmonton
st louis
dallas
calgary

thats 9 of 15 teams lol
Terrible.
O'Reilly/Duchene/Stastny are all better either offensively or equal offensively while being better two way players.
RNH takes this with virtually any development.
I'd take Backes.
I'd take Benn.
You're absolutely being homerish, Koivu is the better player.

Also, how are you not listing Buffalo here?

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 06:00 PM
Ozamataz Buckshank

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post

Probably because he was listing Western Conference teams...

Ozamataz Buckshank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 06:49 PM
Zdeno33Lucic
BruWins

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
Terrible.
O'Reilly/Duchene/Stastny are all better either offensively or equal offensively while being better two way players.
RNH takes this with virtually any development.
I'd take Backes.
I'd take Benn.
You're absolutely being homerish, Koivu is the better player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
Krejci would not play in front of Benn, RNH, Stastny/Duchene. He's at best even with most of those team's #1 centre. Notice how all the teams you listed are in the West? It's because you obviously don't watch the west and you're looking at this solely at a points perspective and the West is the more defensive conference.

If u smart (you know whats) were following the thread you wouldnt be talking, he said western conference teams, hence the reason for there only being west team

Last edited by Zdeno33Lucic: 07-20-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Zdeno33Lucic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 07:00 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
interesting logic... By this logic Yandle is a top pairing Dman...Krejci is a nice #2C but is about to be taken over by Seguin.

No sane GM trades a top pairing Dman for a 60pt #2C making 5.25M..

If Krejci is that good (playoffs MVP etc) then keep him and trade Seguin or Bergeron for Yandle+
Yandle isn't even the #1 dman in Phoenix, nevermind in Boston, where he'd be behind Chara, perhaps Hamilton too in a couple of seasons.

And somebody PLEASE explain to me why Krejci is a "#2 center" ??? He's a #1 in Boston, led Boston to a Cup as it's #1, led the NHL in playoff scoring as Bostons #1 center. A previous poster already discredited this notion a few pages back where he showed where Krejci ranks in terms of centers.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 07:09 PM
reffree

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJF View Post
Well argued.

So why is he expendable?
In reality he's not, he just doesn't fit in the mold of what a Boston Bruins player should be to the croud who was excited about the Exelby signing

reffree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 07:36 PM
Zdeno33Lucic
BruWins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Yandle isn't even the #1 dman in Phoenix, nevermind in Boston, where he'd be behind Chara, perhaps Hamilton too in a couple of seasons.

And somebody PLEASE explain to me why Krejci is a "#2 center" ??? He's a #1 in Boston, led Boston to a Cup as it's #1, led the NHL in playoff scoring as Bostons #1 center. A previous poster already discredited this notion a few pages back where he showed where Krejci ranks in terms of centers.
Yup.. But this is HF boards so you know ...

Zdeno33Lucic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 07:41 PM
b in vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
I thought the question was about the west. It wasn't me who came up with the list but I agreed with it. I live in Vancouver and watch quite a bit of the western conference. Not that RNH, Statsny and Duchene aren't great young talents but I'm firmly in the camp that for the next one or two years Krejci would simply help both Edmonton and Colorado win more games. Minnesota and Dallas would be almost the exact same situation he's in now with Bergeron.

b in vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 07:45 PM
323 Krejci 7

i wouldnt mind having yandle but i wouldnt give up krejci for him. like others have said, yandle is pretty soft, and turns the puck over a lot. He would be a great addition on the power play though

323 Krejci 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 07:45 PM
jokerboysmith

Yandel for Krejci is fair value, no need for either team to add...

jokerboysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 08:23 PM
Kershaw

They are elite don't get me wrong, but I don't consider them better players than the Toews or Kopitars.

Last edited by Majik1987: 07-20-2012 at 09:44 PM. Reason: qdp
Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 08:35 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguin2Marshmont View Post
An offensive defenseman thriving in Boston? Where do you get that idea? Seriously.
2008-2009
Dennis Wideman
79 Games Played
13 Goals
37 Assists
50 Points
+32

Looks good to me.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 10:48 PM
dkollidas

What about Yandle-Korpikoski for Kreji-Boychuk. Each get a forward and a D.

Phoenix gets their #1 center, allowing Vermette to play on the #2 scoring line, and Hanzal to be in a true shutdown role on #3 line. They get a guy in Boychuk who keeps their defense strong and allows guys like Gormley and Rundblad time to develop. They'll have OEL-Michalek, Kesla-Morris, Schlemko-Rundblad/Gormley etc. Also, Kreji has a few fellow Czechs there in Phoenix he might enjoy playing with.

Boston gets a winger to replace Seguin's move to center, a guy with good speed and a two-way game who can kill penalties and fill in the top-6 if necessary. And then they get a guy who can be a top pairing guy if they want, and is a Bostonian.

dkollidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 10:58 PM
Xgp

I'm not a fan of either team but I like this a lot. Value is close, and the teams may be able to add an additional player of need to benefit further.

Xgp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 02:07 AM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by letowskie View Post
I think someone like Gormley probably has enough value to be the center piece in landing someone of Krejci's caliber. A lot less proven, so we would have to add, but probably not that much given how the Bruins will be hurting on D in the future without Chara.
you think a player with almost no NHL experience is worth a 60-70 point 1st line C with 6 years NHL experience? I hate to see what you think a player like Hanzal would be worth - maybe Ryan Button?

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 02:20 AM
Magnifique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confound View Post
I originally liked the idea of Krejci getting traded for an elite winger like Ryan, but I would also trade Krejci in a heartbeat for Yandle.

Chara-Seidenberg
Yandle-Hamilton
Ference-McQuiad

That is a sick defense and probably the best in the league when Hamilton has a few years experience. Chara-Seids-Yandle-Hamilton, holy **** that defense is great.

Trade Boychuk in a package for Yandle if the Yotes need a d-man coming back, I think Krejci and Boychuk for Yandle and maybe a good prospect from PHX would work for both teams.
I didn't read the whole thread because I didn't feel like reading all that bs. But, I like this deal.

Magnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 03:41 AM
heathfilms*

[QUOTE=Kershaw;52761581]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJF View Post
Well argued./QUOTE]

Yandle is big time overrated. He gets soft QOC, spoonfed offensive zone starts and isn't good defensively. He was a disaster in the playoffs.
really he was a disaster GP 16 G 1 A 8 PTS 9 +/- +5 you call that a disaster please man yandle is a #1 dman in the NHL and to be honest I would put him top 15 in the NHL

heathfilms* is offline   Reply With Quote