HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Board 2012 Prospect Rankings #26-30

View Poll Results: Pick your top 5 remaining prospects
Josiah Didier, D 92 73.60%
Greg Pateryn, D 99 79.20%
Olivier Archambault, LW 74 59.20%
Colin Sullivan, D 28 22.40%
Michael Cichy, C 7 5.60%
Joe Stejskal, D 9 7.20%
Maxim Trunev, RW 19 15.20%
Alain Berger, RW 13 10.40%
Erik Nystrom, LW 77 61.60%
Peter Delmas, G 9 7.20%
Robert Mayer, G 0 0%
Dustin Walsh, C 30 24.00%
Ian Schultz, RW 64 51.20%
Magnus Nygren, D 50 40.00%
Phillippe Lefebvre, LW 3 2.40%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-20-2012, 09:55 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Habs Board 2012 Prospect Rankings #26-30

Here is the installment for ranks #26-30, You have multiple choices, please pick 5..

1. Alex Galchenyuk, C (Sarnia Sting, OHL) - 100% of votes.
2. Nathan Beaulieu, D (St. Johns Sea Dogs, QMJHL) - 43.84% of votes.
3. Jarred Tinordi, D (London Knights, OHL) - 58.16% of votes.
4. Louis Leblanc, C/RW (Hamilton Bulldogs, AHL) - 53.51% of the votes.
5. Sebastien Collberg, RW (Frolunda, SEL) - 56.04% of the votes.
6. Brendan Gallagher, RW (Vancouver Giants, WHL) - 87.38% of the votes.
7. Morgan Ellis, D (Shawinigan Cataractes, QMJHL) - 47.98% of the votes.
8. Danny Kristo, RW (North Dakota, NCAA) - 67.96% of the votes
9. Dalton Thrower, D (Saskatoon Blades, WHL) - 50.00% of the votes.
10. Michael Bournival, C (Shawinigan Cataractes, QMJHL) - 42.41% of the votes.
11. Mac Bennett, D (Michigan Wolverines, NCAA) - 29.13% of the votes.
12. Tim Bozon, LW (Kamloops Blazers, WHL) - 31.94% of the votes.
13. Patrick Holland, C (Tri City Americans, WHL) - 28.19% of the votes.
14. Aaron Palushaj, RW (Hamilton Bulldogs, AHL) - 38.24% of the votes.
15. Darren Dietz, D (Saskatoon Blades, WHL) - 44.85% of the votes.
16. Black Geoffrion, LW/C (Hamilton Bulldogs, AHL) - 29.85% of the votes (wins tie-break by virtue of votes in poll #15).
17. Steve Quailer, RW/LW (Northeastern, NCAA) - 29.85% of the votes (loses tie-break by virtue of votes in poll#15).
18. Mark MacMillan, LW (North Dakota, NCAA) - 18.40% of the votes.
19. Brady Vail, C (Windsor Spitfires, OHL) - 30.77% of the votes.
20. Charles Hudon, LW (Chicoutimi Sangueneens, QMJHL) - 16.67% of the votes.
21. Gabriel Dumont, C (Hamilton Bulldogs, AHL) - 21.90% of the votes.
22. Alexander Avtsin, RW (Hamilton Bulldogs, AHL) - 20.59% of the votes (wins tie-break by virtue of votes in poll #21).
23. Joonas Nattinen, C (Hamilton Bulldogs, AHL) - 20.59% of the votes (loses tea-break by virtue of votes in poll #21).
24. Brendon Nash, D (Hamilton Bulldogs, AHL) - 37.61% of the votes.
25. Daniel Pribyl, C (HC Sparta Praha, Czech Elite League) - 45.36% of the votes.

I've added Michael Cichy, C to the poll

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 10:00 AM
Takashi

Didier, Pateryn, archambault, schults, nygren

Takashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 10:10 AM
Scotianhab

Pateryn, Didier, Archy, Schultz, Nygren.

Scotianhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 10:11 AM
danyhabsfan

Ill trust Timmins and take Nystrom as one of the 5.

He said he could be a steal.

danyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 10:14 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I picked Didier, Archambault, Nystrom, Nygren and Sullivan.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 10:30 AM
Et le But

Didier
Pateryn
Nystrom
Archambault
Nygren

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 10:40 AM
Kboum

In few years, I think Vail andMacMillan will be the prospects that will surprise us the most!

Kboum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 11:33 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

I'm an idiot, I voted for four guys only.

I picked:
-Pateryn
-Didier
(both obvious choices IMO)
-Archambault (he has the talent, can he get his work ethic and attitude in check?)
-Nystrom (shinny new toy effect works on me this time, as I find him very intriguing)

Of those remaining, I also like Berger, who has done very well in Switzerland, playing in a man's league, Schultz who will most likely get a call up next season, we'll see what he's made of and Walsh, who has interesting stats in the NCAA but can't stay healthy.

I've heard a few things about Nygren, I know some posters here like him, but what I've heard from SEL fans doesn't inspire me much. I know absolutely nothing of Sullivan and Cichy. From what I understand, Stejskal was not very impressive in his stint with the Dogs last season. We'll see how he does this year. And finally, I'm not sure I would even bother with Trunev, who I wish would come over but who is obviously happy in the KHL.

Gabe84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 04:15 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Went with:

Josiah Didier
Dustin Walsh
Ian Schultz
Olivier Archambault
Colin Sullivan

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 04:42 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Pateryn
Archambault
Didier
Schultz
Nygren

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 06:53 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

41 votes for Schultz, lol. You guys... mad crazy. His absolute upside is 13 forward who likes to throw punches (most likely a career minor leaguer who does mostly the same).

Right now I'm kind of laughing at those who cast a vote for Schultz instead of Berger. Berger has the skating and puck skills to go with that size, and could turn into a permanent 4th liner somewhere, at least. The "most knowledgeable fan base in the league" has really let me down over the past 10 picks or so.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 07:16 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Went with:
Josiah Didier (had a good season in the NCAA as a freshman and only heard good things so far, kinda surprised to see him outside the top 25)
Ian Schultz (has potential to be a gritty 4th liner willing to fight and he showed good progression, hopefully he can pick up where he left off and become what I thought Conboy was gonna become)
Olivier Archambault (one of the few realistic boom-or-bust prospect remaining, I liked the things I saw in the preseason games he was part of, he's good at stickhandling and Timmins seems to be high on him. I expected a better season since he was on a new team and with a fresh start but at this point who cares, he has more NHL potential than the forwards remaining here)
Colin Sullivan (has all the tools to be a good bottom pairing defenseman, he's commited to Boston College next year so we'll see what happens but he has some potential especially at this point of the rankings)
Erik Nystrom (this year's intriguing prospect, I'm kinda surprised he hasn't been voted in earlier than now. People around here love those homerun type of picks, just look at Trunev and Avtsin a couple years ago. Timmins is really high on him and our european scout kept an eye on him so chances are that he's not some out of the dark pick for ***** and giggles)
HM: Trunev (if he showed any signs that he'd be interested in coming over he'd be in the top 15 without a doubt but there's no sign right now that he'll ever go oversea)
Pateryn (has a similar package to another prospect in our organization called Brendan Nash minus the pro experience and with log jam on our defense and how old he is I don't see him having a chance at cracking the NHL unless the injury bug feels like ****ing with us once again)
Dustin Walsh (didn't play much this year because of an injury but he has nice size and he's a centerman, we'll see in a year or two when he comes to the AHL)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
41 votes for Schultz, lol. You guys... mad crazy. His absolute upside is 13 forward who likes to throw punches (most likely a career minor leaguer who does mostly the same).

Right now I'm kind of laughing at those who cast a vote for Schultz instead of Berger. Berger has the skating and puck skills to go with that size, and could turn into a permanent 4th liner somewhere, at least. The "most knowledgeable fan base in the league" has really let me down over the past 10 picks or so.
The same Alain Berger that's too slow to do anything at the pro level? The guy could barely crack our decimated by injuries AHL squad last year and he only had a single goal in 47 games. If you're gonna call out a community for lacking knowledge, how about you do your own research first. There's a reason why this year Schultz got the call-up and not Berger.

Last edited by Chris Cutter: 07-20-2012 at 07:28 PM.
Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 07:35 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:

I think you're underrating Schultz. I know it's just stats but he had a nice 2nd half to the season (22 points in last 45 games) and he's shown great improvement in his game from year to year. Both Berger and Schultz have huge skating issues but at least Schultz has some aspects to his game that we may benefit from if he pans out. He also actually showed to be some use at the Pro level as well.

I mean...we just gave Prust 2.5M. He had worse stats in junior even with the over ager year. In the first couple seasons in the AHL as a 21 and 22 year old he put up 26 and 27 points. At 21, Schultz put up 23 points with all pretty much coming in the last 45 games (around 0.5pts/game). If he can maintain or perhaps even improve that 0.5pts/game we might have ourselves a big guy who can fight but also play a little.

This late in the prospect ranking, especially considering the lack of depth compared to 5+ years ago, Schultz shouldn't be a surprise vote.

Old
07-20-2012, 07:40 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

I will eat my ****ing socks if Archambault does anything noticeable in his pro career.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 07:43 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:

You can't consider yourself knowledgeable and state that Berger is a good skater. Berger is nothing short of awful and is actually a worse skater than Schultz. Berger will never play in the NHL and Schultz most likely will.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 09:01 PM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
I will eat my ****ing socks if Archambault does anything noticeable in his pro career.
Before or after you wash them?

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 09:03 PM
onice

Quote:

I guess your friends and family call you Modest.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 09:29 PM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Didier, Pateryn, Nystrom, Schultz, Nygren.

Berger will amount to nothing more than a fringe AHL/ECHL player. I have so many doubts on Archambault, mainly his attitude. I love Delmas but his upside is, at most, a #1 AHL goaltender.

I love Didier, Nygren, Pateryn and Nystrom as projects and believe they are all capable of doing something. Schultz may very well be a 13th forward, tough guy but the chances of him playing in that role with the Habs is more likely than Archambault playing any role with the Habs, at any point. That's why I went with him.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 09:33 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

One of the reasons I didn't vote for Pateryn is because he was a Leafs pick. Does that count as a legit concern?

Old
07-20-2012, 09:37 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 591
Pateryn
Didier
Berger
Nygren
Delmas

JayKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 09:52 PM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
One of the reasons I didn't vote for Pateryn is because he was a Leafs pick. Does that count as a legit concern?
It's Prospect Rankings, not Prospects 'who were drafted by the Habs' Rankings.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 09:55 PM
NLHabsFan

Poor Mayer, only one getting no love

I hope he is put into the ECHL this year and Delmas gets some good time with the Bulldogs. I think there is some potential there, lets see what he got.

NLHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 11:34 PM
Shutdown

Pateryn, Nystrom, Sullivan, Didier, Archambault.

It was tough not to vote Nygren in, but I think I like Sullivan more. I'm hoping for a solid rookie season at BC. I wonder how him and Matheson compare in their first year.

Shutdown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 10:03 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
The same Alain Berger that's too slow to do anything at the pro level? The guy could barely crack our decimated by injuries AHL squad last year and he only had a single goal in 47 games. If you're gonna call out a community for lacking knowledge, how about you do your own research first. There's a reason why this year Schultz got the call-up and not Berger.
As long as I'm getting called out by the hockeyreference.com "research" of others here...

Look, Berger's a year younger, is bigger than Schultz, has more puck skills than Schultz (imo of course), and I'm not concerned which one of them would win a sprint between the bluelines right now, because when you have the size and puck skills, straight line speed becomes faaaaaar less relevant. Man, despite the number of times that it gets repeated around here just how long it takes guys with the bigger bodies to develop, many of y'all around here seem uber quick to completely dismiss them at age 21, lol.

But in any event, when I look at these lists and vote for players, I think to myself whether or not I'd trade Player A 1-for-1 vs Players B->Z. And I wouldn't be willing to trade Berger to get Schultz, so...

Old
07-21-2012, 10:06 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
I guess your friends and family call you Modest.
No, they call me "Mister".