HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mtl - Philly

Closed Thread

Old
07-20-2012, 06:00 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

vCash: 500
I don't understand threads like this. I mean seriously, what did you ever hope to achieve?

Old
07-20-2012, 06:00 PM
Montreal Shadow

Bad deal. Couturier has only one season of 27pts and a decent playoffs series. That's far from being ''proven''. He could turn out really good or just decent, too fresh yet. Would be stupid to trade him for a prospect or two. The Flyers also want to win now, not in 3-4 years.

Galchenyuk was the 2nd highest touted forward of the previous draft and hasn't done a thing yet. Would be even stupider to trade him considering he probably has a much higher ceiling than Couturier. Not saying he will reach it, but take no chance.

Old
07-20-2012, 06:36 PM
Jray42

vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Shadow View Post
Bad deal. Couturier has only one season of 27pts and a decent playoffs series. That's far from being ''proven''. He could turn out really good or just decent, too fresh yet. Would be stupid to trade him for a prospect or two. The Flyers also want to win now, not in 3-4 years.

Galchenyuk was the 2nd highest touted forward of the previous draft and hasn't done a thing yet. Would be even stupider to trade him considering he probably has a much higher ceiling than Couturier. Not saying he will reach it, but take no chance.
He played almost exclusively on the fourth line, and took on the lead defensive role of our forward corps.

He had a "decent" playoff series? You obviously weren't watching.

Old
07-20-2012, 06:46 PM
number72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstickytoes View Post
Alex Galchenyuk + 2nd rounder.
for
Sean Couturier.

if not enough given id add in another prospect or draft pick.. wtv.

stupid and useless i know..
and some of you will start criticizing but idc.
i just really like Couturier as a player and since hes a Quebecer
it would be nice to have him as a montreal canadien.

im not saying that this trade would ever happen.
im just saying it would be sweet if we can deal something
out with philly, like this kind of trade for Couturier.
id be ready to overpay...
I'm not sure Couturier is Quebecois but I see the value of having hometown players on the team has to demonstrate respect for the culture of Quebec. Why not target players that grew up in the area like Bergeron, Briere, Letang, Lecavlier etc.

Old
07-20-2012, 07:01 PM
Mario1981

This trade is bad for both teams...Philly is not trading a young player for a young player. They are looking to win now. If and it's a big if they think about trading couturier it's part of a package for a proven star. And do you really think Montreal trades there 3ov pick they've been bragging since the draft. Give your head a shake

Old
07-20-2012, 07:11 PM
YuioIklo

vCash: 100
Couturier has only had one great year in the NHL... yeah, but how many seasons has he played already? I don't expect him to have multi good seasons in one year. The guy played a defensive role like a veteran, while he was a rookie. He also managed to get 27 points playing on the 4th line and on the PK. Put him on the top 9 and he probably hits 40 pts, maybe even 50, while being a heck of a defensive player and a rookie. He will be something special in a few years.

Old
07-20-2012, 07:19 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:

How can you say he has a higher ceiling? What backs that up?

Old
07-20-2012, 07:24 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
Timmins drafted him.

Old
07-20-2012, 07:26 PM
clownquestionbro*

Couturier is a 3rd liner, with chances of being a 2nd liner. Galchenyuk has the potential to be a superstar 1st line center, his downside is a 2nd liner which is what Couturier HOPES to be. Habs SAY OH HELLL NAH.

Old
07-20-2012, 07:38 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
I'm not sure Couturier is Quebecois but I see the value of having hometown players on the team has to demonstrate respect for the culture of Quebec. Why not target players that grew up in the area like Bergeron, Briere, Letang, Lecavlier etc.
He's not a Quebecois...he's from New-Brunswick.

As for the deal, I think the Habs should keep Galchenyuk. He's just the player they need. Couturier is good, and he's more proven, but I think Galchenyuk will be able to carry a team on his shoulder while Couturier won't be that guy. The stats will probably be similar, but Gally just look like a special player on and off the ice.

Old
07-20-2012, 07:39 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clownquestionbro View Post
Couturier is a 3rd liner, with chances of being a 2nd liner. Galchenyuk has the potential to be a superstar 1st line center, his downside is a 2nd liner which is what Couturier HOPES to be. Habs SAY OH HELLL NAH.
That's a clown statement, bro.

Old
07-20-2012, 07:40 PM
Krishna

vCash: 50
The flyers wouldnt include him in a trade for weber.. Why would they include him in this?

Old
07-20-2012, 07:41 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by clownquestionbro View Post
Clown response, bro.

Neither team trades either unless it's a massive overpayment.

Old
07-20-2012, 07:45 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Couturier projected as a Jordan Staal type and Galchenyuk as a potential elite offensive talent? I'm referring to ceilings here.

Old
07-20-2012, 07:46 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

It makes no sense for either team. It doesn't make sense for the Flyers to trade for a player that can't help them right away and it doesn't make sense for the Habs to trade away a player they have put so much hopes on. Couturier is better right now obviously but it doesn't really matter for the Habs who certainly won't contend for the cup next year.

Old
07-20-2012, 07:49 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
but thats the point of my trade proposal.
it can work both ways.
if we give Galchenyuk couple of years in the NHL
and he becomes a star or a much better player than Couturier.
i wouldn't want to make the trade anymore.
But if Galchenyuk ends up not being better then Couts,
flyers won't want...
risky trade for both.
but i personally think the chances are that Galchenyuk will become a better player.
but that's my opinion. loll
So please reiterate the point of Montreal making this trade?....

Old
07-20-2012, 08:11 PM
MakeTheGoalsLarger

habs drafted their first big talented centerman since I don't know..... Jean Beliveau ?? lol

Galchenkyuk is exactly the type of player that the habs need.

Galchenyuk is one of the least likely players to be traded in the NHL. And that includes star players with a NTC

Old
07-20-2012, 08:28 PM
Montreal Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jray42 View Post
He played almost exclusively on the fourth line, and took on the lead defensive role of our forward corps.

He had a "decent" playoff series? You obviously weren't watching.
Exactly, he is far from proven. One season of 27pts doesn't make you ''proven'', 4th line or not.

Yeah it was a decent series. Nothing really great. That whole series was a bit of a joke anyway.

Quote:
Galchenyuk is one of the most highly touted prospect of the last draft. Some project he will be a superstar type center. I don't think anybody said Couturier has that kind of ceiling right? I'm not saying Galchenyuk will be better, just saying he is viewed as having a much higher ceiling.

Old
07-20-2012, 08:29 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Galchenyuk is one of the most highly touted prospect of the last draft. Some project he will be a superstar type center. I don't think anybody said Couturier has that kind of ceiling right? I'm not saying Galchenyuk will be better, just saying he is viewed as having a much higher ceiling.
A different ceiling would be a better explanation IMO. We need galchenyuk's offensive upside more than Couturier's two way potential.

Old
07-20-2012, 08:33 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Couturier was one of the most highly touted prospects of the draft before and only gaine ground this year. Many have said he can be a star center. What, is Gally projected to be Sidney Crosby 2.0?

Old
07-20-2012, 08:33 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Couturier projected as a Jordan Staal type and Galchenyuk as a potential elite offensive talent? I'm referring to ceilings here.
Couturier was a much better offensive forward than Staal was coming out of juniors. Couturier could potentially be a #1 center that plays Selke caliber defense. However, like Staal, he is stuck on a team that is deep at center so he might get pigeon-holed into more of a defensive role.

I don't really see Gally's ceiling being much higher if at all. For me he is also a risk because he missed the entire season and you're relying on hope that he would have continued to progress from his 16 year old season. We also don't really how his knee will hold up over a full season.

Old
07-20-2012, 08:38 PM
Greenstickytoes*

Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
Couturier is quebecer. his dad is Sylvain Couturier played for kings and he was born
and raised in quebec. he is also french haha

Old
07-20-2012, 08:47 PM
Greenstickytoes*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
So please reiterate the point of Montreal making this trade?....
Couturier is a quebecer... he maybe wasn't born or brought up but his
parents are pure quebecers.
i want a big Quebecer centermen in montreal that is young and talented.

Old
07-20-2012, 09:00 PM
Krishna

Should have drafted one because you aren't getting couturier

Old
07-20-2012, 09:03 PM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Quote: