HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 3)

Closed Thread

Old
07-18-2012, 09:39 PM
Ottomatic

vCash: 500
In tomorrow's Windsor Star there's an article about Pavelka coming back to play for us next year - so it looks like our goalie situation is filled for the time being.

Old
07-18-2012, 10:13 PM
Percyma

After the season starts, I wouldn't be surprised if Rychel ships out Pavelka and picks up a non-import goalie before making a deal for Sergei Tolchinsky from the Sault

Old
07-18-2012, 10:33 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
Was Travis Scott involved in the penalty box brawl or something? I'm a bit confused why that fighting major for him is some indicator of when the brawl happened. I'm almost certain it was 93/94 because I vividly remember all my highschool buddies ripping on me for missing that game, but in 94/95 that wouldn't have happened because we all went to different towns for university that year and didn't go to many of the games.
In 93/94, he had four PIM. The next year, he had 23, which makes me believe he got 2/5/10, thus the major against Cloutier.

Old
07-19-2012, 09:36 AM
NHL Fanatic

Ho-sang confirmed he will be playing wing this fall.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrh...051940763.html

Old
07-19-2012, 10:15 AM
punch1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percyma View Post
After the season starts, I wouldn't be surprised if Rychel ships out Pavelka and picks up a non-import goalie before making a deal for Sergei Tolchinsky from the Sault
You've been reading my mail (mind). Somewhere along the line I heard rumours he (Pavelka) was homesick and was staying in Latvia. Now it sounds as if he's coming back. He was ordinary at best last year, having great games and very poor games.

There are teams with extra overagers and overage goaltenders that will be dealing after the trade window opens up again (Aug 1st).

This team as it sits would be hard pressed to contend for anything but a lower playoff finish. We do have (2) 1st round import picks next year and a few extra picks in the next few years that can be used in deals.

2013: 1st, 3rd, LON 3rd, ERI 5th, ERI 7th, 9th, SAR 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, SUD 13th, 14th, KGN 15th
2014: 1st, SAR 2nd, NIA 2nd, SAG 2nd, OTT 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th
2015: 1st, NIA 2nd, SUD 2nd, 4th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th
2016: 1st, 2nd, SAR 2nd, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, SSM 15th (*)
2017: 1st, 2nd, SAR 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th
2018: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th

Hopefully WR can parlay some of the extra picks along with the likes of Czinder and Devlin for a couple of players that can move us up in the playoff race.

Old
07-19-2012, 12:40 PM
spits2timechamps

[/QUOTE]
Hopefully WR can parlay some of the extra picks along with the likes of Czinder and Devlin for a couple of players that can move us up in the playoff race.[/QUOTE]

Im all for getting rid of Devlin (undrafted and few more bodies that may take his spot) but it seems alot of people have things against Czinder. I know hes not a superstar by any means, and I know hes not the greatest skater in the "O" but some of you guys must not have watched the spits 2 years ago when Czinder stepped or "fell" on the ice his first season. As far as im concerned he should have got most improved player on this team period. His skating has improved dramatically, his hand eye, his shot, his passing, he even got a little more physical. When you go from this:

50 - 2g - 1a- 3 pts

to

68 - 15g - 15a- 30 pts

You have to at least give this guy a chance, This is his 3rd year in which as most ohl fanatics know its his crucial year that every player would either be classed as a ohl player or a future nhl player. If we trade him he better not be a throw in type deal or I know a whole section who will show theyre displeasure.

Old
07-19-2012, 05:31 PM
punch1943

Hopefully WR can parlay some of the extra picks along with the likes of Czinder and Devlin for a couple of players that can move us up in the playoff race.[/QUOTE]

Im all for getting rid of Devlin (undrafted and few more bodies that may take his spot) but it seems alot of people have things against Czinder. I know hes not a superstar by any means, and I know hes not the greatest skater in the "O" but some of you guys must not have watched the spits 2 years ago when Czinder stepped or "fell" on the ice his first season. As far as im concerned he should have got most improved player on this team period. His skating has improved dramatically, his hand eye, his shot, his passing, he even got a little more physical. When you go from this:

50 - 2g - 1a- 3 pts

to

68 - 15g - 15a- 30 pts

You have to at least give this guy a chance, This is his 3rd year in which as most ohl fanatics know its his crucial year that every player would either be classed as a ohl player or a future nhl player. If we trade him he better not be a throw in type deal or I know a whole section who will show theyre displeasure.[/QUOTE]

You apparently are a huge fan of Czinder however you must admit he's a 3rd liner unless all of a sudden he changes his style. At this point (overager) his chances of making the NHL are slim but he could be a better OHL player than he's shown.
He probably will not score much more than last year if as much. His +/- was -9 on last years team which all in all is not too shabby. As a 3rd liner you'd like a player to be a bit more physical than Czinder. I don't mean a fighter, I mean tougher in the corners and in front of the net.
If the Spits want to bring in an overager who can score Czinder would be the
the logical choice to be traded over the 2 D-Men and if the Spits want to bring in an overage goalie he'd probably be the odds on favourite to get moved/waived.
In my humble opinion he would at best be a throw in in any deal.

Old
07-20-2012, 09:04 PM
jughead42

http://blogs.windsorstar.com/2012/07...ll-in-windsor/

I saw this online and figured it was worth a share. There's not much new in the article, but the video they have is worth checking out. I've only seen Ho Sang at the prospects camp and in this video, but I voted that he's the next Taylor Hall in the poll. I'm sold on him. He may not be the same player as Taylor Hall but he's most certainly going to be that elite offensive threat that every champion needs. If they plunk him on a line with Rychel who do they put between them? I'd love to see Clarke get the gig and shut up his critics who want to package him for unicorns and pixie dust.

Another guy who doesn't get any respect around here is Pavelka. Everyone is so fixated on getting somebody else so we don't waste an import slot on an overage goalie our memorial cup bid year that they are overlooking just how great this kid played for us. If I lined up the goalie's we've had over the last couple years in order of how confident I felt with them in the net, it would go Gubauer, Pavelka, Campbell, Passingham, Engelage. It took a bit for him to get comfortable in Windsor, but once he found his groove Pavelka was consistently one of our best players every night. Campbell, Passingham, and Engelage never gave me the same confidence each game that Pavelka did. Give the kid a bit of credit. I'm ecstatic he's coming back to Windsor and I won't be surprised if he has a great season for us.

Old
07-20-2012, 09:32 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:

I saw this online and figured it was worth a share. There's not much new in the article, but the video they have is worth checking out. I've only seen Ho Sang at the prospects camp and in this video, but I voted that he's the next Taylor Hall in the poll. I'm sold on him. He may not be the same player as Taylor Hall but he's most certainly going to be that elite offensive threat that every champion needs. If they plunk him on a line with Rychel who do they put between them? I'd love to see Clarke get the gig and shut up his critics who want to package him for unicorns and pixie dust.

Another guy who doesn't get any respect around here is Pavelka. Everyone is so fixated on getting somebody else so we don't waste an import slot on an overage goalie our memorial cup bid year that they are overlooking just how great this kid played for us. If I lined up the goalie's we've had over the last couple years in order of how confident I felt with them in the net, it would go Gubauer, Pavelka, Campbell, Passingham, Engelage. It took a bit for him to get comfortable in Windsor, but once he found his groove Pavelka was consistently one of our best players every night. Campbell, Passingham, and Engelage never gave me the same confidence each game that Pavelka did. Give the kid a bit of credit. I'm ecstatic he's coming back to Windsor and I won't be surprised if he has a great season for us.
I see what u are saying about Clarke and Pavelka
I think u will see Marchese lineup with Rychel and HoSang,and Clarke lineup with Vail and Johnson

Old
07-20-2012, 10:21 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:

Pavelka is 19 years old chances are you won't have him as an OA because you have 2 1st round import picks in 2013. The team isn't gunning for a championship this upcoming year just as they weren't with a 19 year old Jack Campbell in net. Why keep Pavelka around? This has to be bizzaro Jughead you had more confidence in Passingham than Engelage? Where did the confidence come with Passingham?

Old
07-21-2012, 05:40 AM
jughead42

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Pavelka is 19 years old chances are you won't have him as an OA because you have 2 1st round import picks in 2013. The team isn't gunning for a championship this upcoming year just as they weren't with a 19 year old Jack Campbell in net. Why keep Pavelka around? This has to be bizzaro Jughead you had more confidence in Passingham than Engelage? Where did the confidence come with Passingham?
I give you that having two imports in 2013 makes an overage Pavelka less likely, but if he plays great this season it wouldn't be impossible to trade those assets to make room.

As far as having more confidence in Passingham than Engelage, that was how I really felt. I'm not saying Passingham was awesome, only that I felt slightly less nervous with him between the pipes than with Engelage. Engelage gave me the shakes more than Passingham did, even if he was a better goalie.

Old
07-22-2012, 02:53 PM
ExtremeHockeyFan

Ho-Sang starting the season with Kerby Rychel is pretty likely. Ho-Sang should be able to excel on the wing. It's a smart move the coaches are making by putting him on the outside.

Old
07-23-2012, 05:48 PM
Spits82

wow, check this out.

http://windsorspitfires.com/article/...alumni-weekend

Old
07-23-2012, 07:24 PM
Sec108

I wonder if ellis will be there.????

Also how many people does that Tec arena hold.My God it will be bedlam with tickets on sale at the door only.

Old
07-23-2012, 08:09 PM
jughead42

I love that the Spits are doing stuff like this. I don't really remember us having any sort of real alumni events in the past, probably because most of our top alumni like Paul Giolnardo and Dave Geris couldn't get their shift off at McDonalds to play in a charity game. These days we have a lot more active players to draw a crowd, and its a huge benefit for minor hockey and the Spitfire organization to have a strong alumni.

Old
07-24-2012, 12:17 PM
OHLTG

Love the idea, but the location isn't ideal. Is there any reason they couldn't have this at the WFCU? It's going to be packed, and kind of uncomfortable.

Old
07-24-2012, 02:11 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Love the idea, but the location isn't ideal. Is there any reason they couldn't have this at the WFCU? It's going to be packed, and kind of uncomfortable.
It's in conjunction with Tecumseh Minor Hockey... doesn't make sense to have it at the WFCU Center.

Old
07-24-2012, 04:01 PM
big papa

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
im sure they added some more seats sence the Cheifs left and they did have some of the U-17 games

Old
07-24-2012, 05:41 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by big papa View Post
im sure they added some more seats sence the Cheifs left and they did have some of the U-17 games
I think it can hold about 1100 people at max

Old
07-24-2012, 09:28 PM
big papa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
I think it can hold about 1100 people at max
it holds 600 According to this site http://www.tecumseh.ca/townhall/depa...creation/arena so my guess would be around 900-1000 if people are aloud to stand. So looks like you should get there ASAP saturday if you want a seat

Old
07-24-2012, 11:23 PM
OurHometown
HFB Partner

Windsor Spitfires to take on local media in Charity Softball 3 Pitch Classic

The Windsor Spitfires and the Riverside Minor Baseball Association are preparing to host the Fourth Annual Spitfires vs Media & Celebrities Charity Softball 3 Pitch Classic.

READ MORE....
http://www.ourhometown.ca/windsor/news/NL0056.php

Old
07-25-2012, 04:58 AM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by big papa View Post
it holds 600 According to this site http://www.tecumseh.ca/townhall/depa...creation/arena so my guess would be around 900-1000 if people are aloud to stand. So looks like you should get there ASAP saturday if you want a seat
When the Chiefs won their championship, they we having crowds around 1100.

Old
07-25-2012, 05:27 AM
big papa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
When the Chiefs won their championship, they we having crowds around 1100.
is that including the people standing ??? did they add more seats when they got u-17 games???

i wonder if they would have tried for this game to be played in the barn if it was not closing, would have been awesome to see a bunch of former spits play in the last every hockey game to be played in the barn.

Old
07-27-2012, 09:50 PM
mini2z

Found this on Jim Parker's twitter feed
http://www.saultstar.com/2012/07/25/...ling-out-trade

Old
07-28-2012, 01:45 AM
OHLTG

I'd LOVE for them to land Tolchinsky. Would make my off-season.

So, I'm driving to work tonight and am downtown. This van, of sorts, (holds 15 ppl?) stops and lets people off. I didn't think anything of it, until I realized who they were:

Hall, Henrique, Cundari, Wellwood, Nemisz, Shutron, Shugg, Mitchell...to name a few. Whole cluster of them. Can't wait to see 'em on the ice tomorrow!

Closed Thread