HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mtl - Philly

Closed Thread

Old
07-20-2012, 11:36 PM
Greenstickytoes*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
No doubt Couturier is gonna be a hell of a player. Habs should focus on identifying homegrown talent instead of trading for it at a premium though.

I understand what you're saying, but we're always gonna lose trades like that. Stick to what you drafted and believe in.

As for the Timmins comment. He didn't screw up the Gagne draft, he wasn't around. He did well in 2007(pacioretty, subban, mcdonagh, weber, etc..) and sure in 2006 he got fischer instead of giroux or just about anyone, but it happens. We move on.

Bergevin added scouts to Timmin's draft and made him focus on just drafting. I think we'll see more results and perhaps more local talent in the future. Be patient.

If we drafted all the quebecers/french instead of the ones we have now we'd also lose.

Pouliot over Price for example? That would be good?

Not everything works as you hope. You can't keep good but remove bad. Nothing is foolproof. understand that.
we had theodore back then so yea we would have won... and who knows how pouliot
would play if he was put with players like Gagne, Giroux, Perron and P.Bergeron. players like Briere would have came to montreal also because of gagne.
im sure Ribeiro would have played better aswell.
we prob would have never traded Begin, Latendresse and Lapierre either.
this would completely change the whole dynamic of the team.
And yes we would be way better then we are today.

Old
07-20-2012, 11:38 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstickytoes View Post
im explaining why i want Couturier...
what is there to get over?? loll relax..
Except him being a Quebecer isn't even true. Being a Quebecer means you were born in the province of Quebec. Couturier was born in Phoenix.

Old
07-21-2012, 12:09 AM
Sasso09

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGSHOTBAUER View Post
risk for both teams but its a higher risk for the Habs since Gally is supposed to be better than Couty. I would do it as well, since Couty is in fact a quebecer but unfortunately the NHL doesn't work that way. both teams will keep their respective players no matter what nationality they are unless one of the teams offer a trade that would be stupid to refuse.
But the chances are really low for that to happen.
so keep prayin because its far from close to happenin.
How is galchenyuk supposed to be better than couturier? Couturier was the consensus 1st overall going into the year and only fell to 8th because of sickness. Couturier should still have been a top 3 pick, in a redraft he would be top 3 with RNH and Landeskog. I'd say they have even projections, with couturier strengthening his value by playing excellent in his limited role in his first year.

Old
07-21-2012, 12:11 AM
dkollidas

neither of these young guys will be traded any time soon. Just not going to happen.

Old
07-21-2012, 12:12 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasso09 View Post
How is galchenyuk supposed to be better than couturier? Couturier was the consensus 1st overall going into the year and only fell to 8th because of sickness. Couturier should still have been a top 3 pick, in a redraft he would be top 3 with RNH and Landeskog. I'd say they have even projections, with couturier strengthening his value by playing excellent in his limited role in his first year.
Galchenyuk was supposed to challenge for #1 as well. Sickness held couturier back and an injury held alex back. Obviously the injury is more concerning but they were both top talents in their respective drafts.

Old
07-21-2012, 12:13 AM
Sasso09

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Galchenyuk was supposed to challenge for #1 as well. Sickness held couturier back and an injury held alex back. Obviously the injury is more concerning but they were both top talents in their respective drafts.
I agree, I have them projected even... Galchenyuk maybe scoring 10-15 more points a year, couturier being selke level defense.

Old
07-21-2012, 10:04 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Ok, so this thread derailed itself. But it seems like the main point, that neither team would go for the OP proposal, was already the consensus.
/thread

Closed Thread