HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

11'/12' Offseason/Trades/Proposals: FOR CRYING OUT LOUD WHERE ARE THE RUMORS!??

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-20-2012, 05:02 PM
  #876
Badger Mayhew
Registered User
 
Badger Mayhew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,633
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiinleaf View Post
This team may be at this time the softest physical team to ever play in the NHL
You are so delusional.

Badger Mayhew is offline  
Old
07-20-2012, 05:09 PM
  #877
delirium trigger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
Theyve got a legit blue chip prospect at C and one of the best young goalies in the league locked up for a while. They're not even close to where we were.

calgary, on the other hand......
Well Cole, gionta, and gomez ain't getting any younger and aren't very good. markov is a right off, subban is still a huge ?, so a goalie and a couple prospects isn't much to build on.
They are like the last 4 or 5 years of the sundin era. It's Now or never... Especially with camellari for bourque trades being there post season push go-to move.
If reimer can accomplish 80% of what he did his first season than Montreal is gonna be under our feet.


Last edited by delirium trigger: 07-20-2012 at 05:19 PM.
delirium trigger is offline  
Old
07-20-2012, 05:18 PM
  #878
number72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium trigger View Post
What else do you think he's doing all game when he's stuck on the bench. Who cares about a guy that plays 5 min.. team toughness comes from strong on the boards and puck players who can hit and play significant minutes. Armstrong is an ok guy for that, but he won't be much use. Kulemin, frattin, JVR and lupul ain't being moved of the puck by anyone in montreals top 6, u could probably add Grabo to that list too.
The same leaf team as last year + JVR makes the leaf tough now?
If you are comparing top 6 - neither team are all that tough.

But I'm not sure if Burke agrees with you convenient definition - he said numerous time he wanted to add size and grit particularly to the bottom 6. And yes the Habs have out executed Burke in this area in one off season.

number72 is offline  
Old
07-20-2012, 05:24 PM
  #879
delirium trigger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
The same leaf team as last year + JVR makes the leaf tough now?
If you are comparing top 6 - neither team are all that tough.

But I'm not sure if Burke agrees with you convenient definition - he said numerous time he wanted to add size and grit particularly to the bottom 6. And yes the Habs have out executed Burke in this area in one off season.
Are you slow? I never compared the leafs to anyone, i said they were on the soft side of the east, I only said that physically they can r4p3 Montreal. Montreal is a wet sponge compared to the leafs.
The leafs system under Wilson didn't allow our guys to use their strength, carlyle is gonna wake up the beast

delirium trigger is offline  
Old
07-20-2012, 05:38 PM
  #880
number72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium trigger View Post
Are you slow? I never compared the leafs to anyone, i said they were on the soft side of the east, I only said that physically they can r4p3 Montreal. Montreal is a wet sponge compared to the leafs.
The leafs system under Wilson didn't allow our guys to use their strength, carlyle is gonna wake up the beast
Why you heff to be so mad. No I'm not slow - I'm calling you on BS.

At any rate, now you are sort of implying that the leafs have always been truculent, gritty and tough but they simply missing a coach like Carlyle. And so you basically all this talk about Burke saying he needs to add gritty, tough players was more nonsense.

number72 is offline  
Old
07-20-2012, 05:48 PM
  #881
Faltorvo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 10,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
Theyve got a legit blue chip prospect at C and one of the best young goalies in the league locked up for a while. They're not even close to where we were.

calgary, on the other hand......
Max Pac, PK, Price,Gally, Beau, Tinord, Kristo, Gallagher,

Not great but not empty either, now Calg that is us coming outa the lockout.

Faltorvo is offline  
Old
07-20-2012, 06:10 PM
  #882
RonEllisFan
Registered User
 
RonEllisFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rjukan
Country: Norway
Posts: 345
vCash: 500
hmmmm,,,, trade rumours, what was the original op????

RonEllisFan is offline  
Old
07-20-2012, 06:16 PM
  #883
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North
 
blasted_Sabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Muskoka
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonEllisFan View Post
hmmmm,,,, trade rumours, what was the original op????
Its summer. Cut us some slack

blasted_Sabre is offline  
Old
07-20-2012, 06:31 PM
  #884
Badger Mayhew
Registered User
 
Badger Mayhew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,633
vCash: 50
Anyone else want to try trading Lupul for a centre, and throw Kadri/Van-Riemsdyk in the top line?

Badger Mayhew is offline  
Old
07-20-2012, 06:33 PM
  #885
Pinto
Burn Them All
 
Pinto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hagersville, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,304
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Mayhew View Post
Anyone else want to try trading Lupul for a centre, and throw Kadri/Van-Riemsdyk in the top line?
I'd rather flip JVR for a center than Lupul. At least we know lupul has proven chemistry with Kessel.

Pinto is offline  
Old
07-20-2012, 06:39 PM
  #886
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North
 
blasted_Sabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Muskoka
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Mayhew View Post
Anyone else want to try trading Lupul for a centre, and throw Kadri/Van-Riemsdyk in the top line?
No.

Hes UFA at seasons end anyways, so his value wont be very high in terms of an established C. Trading him for a C prospect is a backwards move.

blasted_Sabre is offline  
Old
07-20-2012, 06:40 PM
  #887
ChuckWoods
Registered User
 
ChuckWoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
I'd rather flip JVR for a center than Lupul. At least we know lupul has proven chemistry with Kessel.
What about Lupul in the Centre slot if JVR doesn't workout there in camp?

Loops has played Centre in his day as well, so if we're just throwing players in that slot in camp, then why not throw Lupul there!

JVR - Lupul - Kessel

or

Lupul - JVR - Kessel


Either way, we're throwing a player into a spot that they're not exactly use to playing at this level.


Burke really needs to acquire a Centre man to really balance this lineup out.

ChuckWoods is offline  
Old
07-20-2012, 06:47 PM
  #888
Pinto
Burn Them All
 
Pinto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hagersville, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,304
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckWoods View Post
What about Lupul in the Centre slot if JVR doesn't workout there in camp?

Loops has played Centre in his day as well, so if we're just throwing players in that slot in camp, then why not throw Lupul there!

JVR - Lupul - Kessel

or

Lupul - JVR - Kessel


Either way, we're throwing a player into a spot that they're not exactly use to playing at this level.


Burke really needs to acquire a Centre man to really balance this lineup out.
Never knew Lupul played center before. Thought he was always a RW before coming here.

I'd really prefer a natural center between Lupul-Kessel buts it's worth a look I guess.

Pinto is offline  
Old
07-20-2012, 06:57 PM
  #889
delirium trigger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
Never knew Lupul played center before. Thought he was always a RW before coming here.

I'd really prefer a natural center between Lupul-Kessel buts it's worth a look I guess.
If he can adjust as well as He has to left wing, maybe center won't be too hard

delirium trigger is offline  
Old
07-20-2012, 06:57 PM
  #890
ChuckWoods
Registered User
 
ChuckWoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
Never knew Lupul played center before. Thought he was always a RW before coming here.

I'd really prefer a natural center between Lupul-Kessel buts it's worth a look I guess.
I could be mistaken, but if I remember correctly...which I may not...is that Loops had some time there in Junior, and played spot minutes there early in his career.

Similar to JVR.


Edit: I do personally think JVR is a better fit at Centre tho if you're going to try and play someone out of position. But I would prefer to see him as our 2nd line LW in the future.


Last edited by ChuckWoods: 07-20-2012 at 07:06 PM.
ChuckWoods is offline  
Old
07-20-2012, 06:59 PM
  #891
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn
 
DirtyDion03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,229
vCash: 166
Thing about JVR is just using his size to tie the guy up and let one of the other guys pick up the puck. If the coaches had some good face-off skills they should really be able to help JVR out in using his size on the draws..

DirtyDion03 is offline  
Old
07-20-2012, 07:26 PM
  #892
Pinto
Burn Them All
 
Pinto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hagersville, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,304
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckWoods View Post
I could be mistaken, but if I remember correctly...which I may not...is that Loops had some time there in Junior, and played spot minutes there early in his career.

Similar to JVR.


Edit: I do personally think JVR is a better fit at Centre tho if you're going to try and play someone out of position. But I would prefer to see him as our 2nd line LW in the future.
I agree. I'd like to see eventually:

Lupul - legit #1 - Kessel
JVR - Grabovski - Kulemin/Kadri/Frattin

Pinto is offline  
Old
07-20-2012, 09:03 PM
  #893
delirium trigger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Mayhew View Post
Anyone else want to try trading Lupul for a centre, and throw Kadri/Van-Riemsdyk in the top line?
Ummmmmmm, no.

delirium trigger is offline  
Old
07-20-2012, 09:12 PM
  #894
delirium trigger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
Why you heff to be so mad. No I'm not slow - I'm calling you on BS.

At any rate, now you are sort of implying that the leafs have always been truculent, gritty and tough but they simply missing a coach like Carlyle. And so you basically all this talk about Burke saying he needs to add gritty, tough players was more nonsense.
Well did you think komi, ott, brown, Armstrong, dupuis, beauchamin were going to thrive on a fast north south style game? I didn't. Wilson saw more merit in tailoring his game to the top 6 guys and that's why all the bottom 6 have been a revolving door. There are very few large rough guys that can skate and think the game really well, so you need to put them in a system that doesn't expose there IQ and speed, and that's what carlyle says he's going to do. But the fact is, any way you want to look at it, or average it, or segment it, or line specify it, the leafs are bigger and tougher than Montreal. Period. Are they big enough to compete in the east? I dunno, maybe not.

delirium trigger is offline  
Old
07-20-2012, 09:19 PM
  #895
SarcazemKadri
Registered User
 
SarcazemKadri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 798
vCash: 500
If Webers offer sheet with Philly goes through, they will obviously be looking to shed capspace. I've always been a fan of voracek and believe he could break out at anytime.

Hes an RFA and is certainly looking for a raise after a 50pt season.

Offer sheet?

SarcazemKadri is offline  
Old
07-20-2012, 10:06 PM
  #896
delirium trigger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarcazemKadri View Post
If Webers offer sheet with Philly goes through, they will obviously be looking to shed capspace. I've always been a fan of voracek and believe he could break out at anytime.

Hes an RFA and is certainly looking for a raise after a 50pt season.

Offer sheet?
Trade?

delirium trigger is offline  
Old
07-20-2012, 10:22 PM
  #897
SarcazemKadri
Registered User
 
SarcazemKadri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 798
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium trigger View Post
Trade?
yes, meant to add trade too.

SarcazemKadri is offline  
Old
07-20-2012, 10:58 PM
  #898
Dreakmur
Registered User
 
Dreakmur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Orillia, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Mayhew View Post
Anyone else want to try trading Lupul for a centre, and throw Kadri/Van-Riemsdyk in the top line?
If it lands us a legit 1st line center, yes.

The only three that are even possibly available are Paul Stastny, Ryan Getzlaf, and Jamie Benn. I'd happily include Lupul in a package for any of those guys.

Joffrey Lupul, Mikhail Grabvski, and Cody Franson for Jamie Benn (with a long-term contract)

Dreakmur is online now  
Old
07-20-2012, 11:03 PM
  #899
Alexander Baigle
Registered User
 
Alexander Baigle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Great White North
Country: Ethiopia
Posts: 761
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium trigger View Post
Trade?
Not as fun or adventurous...

Alexander Baigle is offline  
Old
07-21-2012, 12:16 AM
  #900
Ritzie
Registered User
 
Ritzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 497
vCash: 500
Pretty funny all the "tough guy" experts speaking about the Habs have not even mentioned Ryan White. The Habs are way tougher than the Leaf squad at the moment. BB better do something soon, because the Sabres, Habs and Sens have gotten a lot tougher. Our team IS soft.

And anyone who thinks Frattin should be moved out for some half-ass player needs their ****ing head examined. He's EXACTLY what this team is lacking. Tough, doesn't back down, lays the body and goes hard to the net. How many people talk about "potential" and "ceiling" and don't see it in our own backyard. I'm a Burke fan, but if he actually moved Fratts for an unproven Bernier or some other lateral move, I'll lose my ****. That's not even a lateral move. That's going backwards. I'm sure all you Kule slurpers will go on about how he "does all the little things", but I'll take Fratts over Kule any day of the week.

/rant

Ritzie is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.