HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

11'/12' Offseason/Trades/Proposals: FOR CRYING OUT LOUD WHERE ARE THE RUMORS!??

Closed Thread

Old
07-20-2012, 05:02 PM
Badger Mayhew

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiinleaf View Post
This team may be at this time the softest physical team to ever play in the NHL
You are so delusional.

Old
07-20-2012, 05:09 PM
delirium trigger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
Theyve got a legit blue chip prospect at C and one of the best young goalies in the league locked up for a while. They're not even close to where we were.

calgary, on the other hand......
Well Cole, gionta, and gomez ain't getting any younger and aren't very good. markov is a right off, subban is still a huge ?, so a goalie and a couple prospects isn't much to build on.
They are like the last 4 or 5 years of the sundin era. It's Now or never... Especially with camellari for bourque trades being there post season push go-to move.
If reimer can accomplish 80% of what he did his first season than Montreal is gonna be under our feet.

Last edited by delirium trigger: 07-20-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Old
07-20-2012, 05:18 PM
number72

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium trigger View Post
What else do you think he's doing all game when he's stuck on the bench. Who cares about a guy that plays 5 min.. team toughness comes from strong on the boards and puck players who can hit and play significant minutes. Armstrong is an ok guy for that, but he won't be much use. Kulemin, frattin, JVR and lupul ain't being moved of the puck by anyone in montreals top 6, u could probably add Grabo to that list too.
The same leaf team as last year + JVR makes the leaf tough now?
If you are comparing top 6 - neither team are all that tough.

But I'm not sure if Burke agrees with you convenient definition - he said numerous time he wanted to add size and grit particularly to the bottom 6. And yes the Habs have out executed Burke in this area in one off season.

Old
07-20-2012, 05:24 PM
delirium trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
The same leaf team as last year + JVR makes the leaf tough now?
If you are comparing top 6 - neither team are all that tough.

But I'm not sure if Burke agrees with you convenient definition - he said numerous time he wanted to add size and grit particularly to the bottom 6. And yes the Habs have out executed Burke in this area in one off season.
Are you slow? I never compared the leafs to anyone, i said they were on the soft side of the east, I only said that physically they can r4p3 Montreal. Montreal is a wet sponge compared to the leafs.
The leafs system under Wilson didn't allow our guys to use their strength, carlyle is gonna wake up the beast

Old
07-20-2012, 05:38 PM
number72

Quote:
Are you slow? I never compared the leafs to anyone, i said they were on the soft side of the east, I only said that physically they can r4p3 Montreal. Montreal is a wet sponge compared to the leafs.
The leafs system under Wilson didn't allow our guys to use their strength, carlyle is gonna wake up the beast
Why you heff to be so mad. No I'm not slow - I'm calling you on BS.

At any rate, now you are sort of implying that the leafs have always been truculent, gritty and tough but they simply missing a coach like Carlyle. And so you basically all this talk about Burke saying he needs to add gritty, tough players was more nonsense.

Old
07-20-2012, 05:48 PM
Faltorvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
Theyve got a legit blue chip prospect at C and one of the best young goalies in the league locked up for a while. They're not even close to where we were.

calgary, on the other hand......
Max Pac, PK, Price,Gally, Beau, Tinord, Kristo, Gallagher,

Not great but not empty either, now Calg that is us coming outa the lockout.

Old
07-20-2012, 06:10 PM
RonEllisFan

hmmmm,,,, trade rumours, what was the original op????

Old
07-20-2012, 06:16 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonEllisFan View Post
hmmmm,,,, trade rumours, what was the original op????
Its summer. Cut us some slack

Old
07-20-2012, 06:31 PM
Badger Mayhew

Anyone else want to try trading Lupul for a centre, and throw Kadri/Van-Riemsdyk in the top line?

Old
07-20-2012, 06:33 PM
Pinto
Burn Them All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Mayhew View Post
Anyone else want to try trading Lupul for a centre, and throw Kadri/Van-Riemsdyk in the top line?
I'd rather flip JVR for a center than Lupul. At least we know lupul has proven chemistry with Kessel.

Old
07-20-2012, 06:39 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Quote:
No.

Hes UFA at seasons end anyways, so his value wont be very high in terms of an established C. Trading him for a C prospect is a backwards move.

Old
07-20-2012, 06:40 PM
ChuckWoods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
I'd rather flip JVR for a center than Lupul. At least we know lupul has proven chemistry with Kessel.
What about Lupul in the Centre slot if JVR doesn't workout there in camp?

Loops has played Centre in his day as well, so if we're just throwing players in that slot in camp, then why not throw Lupul there!

JVR - Lupul - Kessel

or

Lupul - JVR - Kessel

Either way, we're throwing a player into a spot that they're not exactly use to playing at this level.

Burke really needs to acquire a Centre man to really balance this lineup out.

Old
07-20-2012, 06:47 PM
Pinto
Burn Them All

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckWoods View Post
What about Lupul in the Centre slot if JVR doesn't workout there in camp?

Loops has played Centre in his day as well, so if we're just throwing players in that slot in camp, then why not throw Lupul there!

JVR - Lupul - Kessel

or

Lupul - JVR - Kessel

Either way, we're throwing a player into a spot that they're not exactly use to playing at this level.

Burke really needs to acquire a Centre man to really balance this lineup out.
Never knew Lupul played center before. Thought he was always a RW before coming here.

I'd really prefer a natural center between Lupul-Kessel buts it's worth a look I guess.

Old
07-20-2012, 06:57 PM
delirium trigger

Quote:
Never knew Lupul played center before. Thought he was always a RW before coming here.

I'd really prefer a natural center between Lupul-Kessel buts it's worth a look I guess.
If he can adjust as well as He has to left wing, maybe center won't be too hard

Old
07-20-2012, 06:57 PM
ChuckWoods

Quote:

I could be mistaken, but if I remember correctly...which I may not...is that Loops had some time there in Junior, and played spot minutes there early in his career.

Similar to JVR.

Edit: I do personally think JVR is a better fit at Centre tho if you're going to try and play someone out of position. But I would prefer to see him as our 2nd line LW in the future.

Last edited by ChuckWoods: 07-20-2012 at 07:06 PM.
Old
07-20-2012, 06:59 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 166
Thing about JVR is just using his size to tie the guy up and let one of the other guys pick up the puck. If the coaches had some good face-off skills they should really be able to help JVR out in using his size on the draws..

Old
07-20-2012, 07:26 PM
Pinto
Burn Them All

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckWoods View Post
I could be mistaken, but if I remember correctly...which I may not...is that Loops had some time there in Junior, and played spot minutes there early in his career.

Similar to JVR.

Edit: I do personally think JVR is a better fit at Centre tho if you're going to try and play someone out of position. But I would prefer to see him as our 2nd line LW in the future.
I agree. I'd like to see eventually:

Lupul - legit #1 - Kessel
JVR - Grabovski - Kulemin/Kadri/Frattin

Old
07-20-2012, 09:03 PM
delirium trigger

Quote:
Ummmmmmm, no.

Old
07-20-2012, 09:12 PM
delirium trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
Why you heff to be so mad. No I'm not slow - I'm calling you on BS.

At any rate, now you are sort of implying that the leafs have always been truculent, gritty and tough but they simply missing a coach like Carlyle. And so you basically all this talk about Burke saying he needs to add gritty, tough players was more nonsense.
Well did you think komi, ott, brown, Armstrong, dupuis, beauchamin were going to thrive on a fast north south style game? I didn't. Wilson saw more merit in tailoring his game to the top 6 guys and that's why all the bottom 6 have been a revolving door. There are very few large rough guys that can skate and think the game really well, so you need to put them in a system that doesn't expose there IQ and speed, and that's what carlyle says he's going to do. But the fact is, any way you want to look at it, or average it, or segment it, or line specify it, the leafs are bigger and tougher than Montreal. Period. Are they big enough to compete in the east? I dunno, maybe not.

Old
07-20-2012, 09:19 PM
SarcazemKadri

If Webers offer sheet with Philly goes through, they will obviously be looking to shed capspace. I've always been a fan of voracek and believe he could break out at anytime.

Hes an RFA and is certainly looking for a raise after a 50pt season.

Offer sheet?

Old
07-20-2012, 10:06 PM
delirium trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarcazemKadri View Post
If Webers offer sheet with Philly goes through, they will obviously be looking to shed capspace. I've always been a fan of voracek and believe he could break out at anytime.

Hes an RFA and is certainly looking for a raise after a 50pt season.

Offer sheet?
Trade?

Old
07-20-2012, 10:22 PM
SarcazemKadri

Quote:
Trade?
yes, meant to add trade too.

Old
07-20-2012, 10:58 PM
Dreakmur

Quote:
If it lands us a legit 1st line center, yes.

The only three that are even possibly available are Paul Stastny, Ryan Getzlaf, and Jamie Benn. I'd happily include Lupul in a package for any of those guys.

Joffrey Lupul, Mikhail Grabvski, and Cody Franson for Jamie Benn (with a long-term contract)

Old
07-20-2012, 11:03 PM
Alexander Baigle

Quote:
Trade?
Not as fun or adventurous...

Old
07-21-2012, 12:16 AM
Ritzie

Pretty funny all the "tough guy" experts speaking about the Habs have not even mentioned Ryan White. The Habs are way tougher than the Leaf squad at the moment. BB better do something soon, because the Sabres, Habs and Sens have gotten a lot tougher. Our team IS soft.

And anyone who thinks Frattin should be moved out for some half-ass player needs their ****ing head examined. He's EXACTLY what this team is lacking. Tough, doesn't back down, lays the body and goes hard to the net. How many people talk about "potential" and "ceiling" and don't see it in our own backyard. I'm a Burke fan, but if he actually moved Fratts for an unproven Bernier or some other lateral move, I'll lose my ****. That's not even a lateral move. That's going backwards. I'm sure all you Kule slurpers will go on about how he "does all the little things", but I'll take Fratts over Kule any day of the week.

/rant

Closed Thread