HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Hershey (AHL) and Reading (ECHL) 2012-13 Season

Old
07-21-2012, 08:05 AM
sk84fun_dc

vCash: 500
Hershey (AHL) and Reading (ECHL) 2012-13 Season

Hershey AHL (or AHL/ECHL) Contracts for the 2012-13 Season

Coaching Staff: Mark French and Troy Mann
G: Sergei Kostenko
D: Julien Brouillette, Steven Oleksy, Patrick Wellar, Scott Wietecha
F: Barry Almeida, Alex Berry, Mathieu Beaudoin, Joel Champagne, David Civitarese, Jon DiSalvatore, Jon Kalinski, Boyd Kane (Captain), Matt Pope, TJ Syner, Jeff Taffe, David Vallorani

AHL vets per AHL rule, including some players under contract with Washington:

F: DiSalvatore (H/vet), Hamill (W/tw vet), Kane (H/vet), Potulny(W/vet), Taffe (H/vet)
D: Stafford (W/vet), McNeill (W/tw vet)

Reading/ECHL contracts for the 2012-13 season

Head coach: Larry Courville
G:
D: Garrett Clarke, Adam Comrie, Derrick LaPoint, Bryant Molle, Denny Urban, Brad Walch
F: Julien Cayer, Ethan Cox, Tyler Gron, Chris Langkow, Trevor Lewis, Kirk MacDonald, David Marshall, Ian O'Connor, Yannick Tifu, Jesse Todd

Last edited by Langway: 10-01-2012 at 03:23 PM.
sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 08:09 AM
sk84fun_dc

Aucoin re-ups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb11xchamps View Post
My initial thoughts on this are that Aucoin is a depth signing for Washington, or another move is going to be made in Hershey to accomodate him. Hershey dealt with the 6 veterans last year and eventually Richmond was shipped out so I doubt this happens again. I could see McNeil being moved because of the Stafford signing and Hershey having a good amount of puck movers already, but I can't figure out which veteran would be moved considering the only vet on a Washington contract is Potulny. It will be interesting to see what happens
Yes, they started the season last year with an extra vet and yes, eventually Richmond was traded. That was not the first season in recent years where they have carried an extra vet to start the season, it has happened in other years, too.

I have had this McNeill conversation with a couple of people and posted elsewhere about it this morning. As far as the 2 tweener vets, one can play in a vet slot, but I’ve wondered about Patrick McNeill’s situation given the lack of opportunity in the org. and whether he’d be a candidate for a move either per request or the organization moving on. Just my speculation, no idea what will happen.

With the unknowns of the NHL CBA, injuries, call-ups, etc., it's too early to know what will happen.

As of now:

AHL vets per AHL rule:

F: DiSalvatore (H/vet), Hamill (W/tw vet), Kane (H/vet), Potulny(W/vet), Taffe (H/vet)

Last edited by sk84fun_dc: 07-21-2012 at 06:21 PM.
Old
07-21-2012, 08:12 AM
Langway
Intangibles

The stacking continues. They can now roll three fairly potent scoring lines I'd think, which is potentially good for a guy like Galiev although there's going to be quite the competition in camp both at F & D.

Langway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 08:14 AM
sk84fun_dc

Hershey roster discussion:

Goalies: Grubauer and Sabourin (with Anderson in Reading)

Defensemen: Brouilette, Flemming, Kundratek, Marshall, McNeill (T), Oleksy, Schilling, Stafford (V), Stevenson, Wellar, Wietecha

Forwards: Almeida, Aucoin (V), Beaudoin, Berry, Carman, Civitarese, Clackson, DiSalvatore (V), Galiev, Hamill (T), Kane (V), Mitchell, Paquette, Pope, Potulny (V), Stoa, Syner, Taffe (V), Vallorani

Obviously, expect some players may start and/or play most, if not all, of the season in Reading. No idea what the organization's intent is for Paquette this season after the loans last season.

Old
07-21-2012, 08:19 AM
hb11xchamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc View Post
Aucoin re-ups.

Yes, they started the season last year with an extra vet and yes, eventually Richmond was traded. That was not the first season in recent years where they have carried an extra vet to start the season, it has happened in other years, too.

I have had this McNeill conversation with a couple of people and posted elsewhere about it this morning. As far as the 2 tweener vets, one can play in a vet slot, but I’ve wondered about Patrick McNeill’s situation given the lack of opportunity in the org. and whether he’d be a candidate for a move either per request or the organization moving on. Just my speculation, no idea what will happen.

With the unknowns of the NHL CBA, injuries, call-ups, etc., it's too early to know what will happen.

As of now:

AHL vets per AHL rule:

F: Aucoin (W/vet), DiSalvatore (H/vet), Hamill (W/tw vet), Kane (H/vet), Potulny(W/vet), Taffe (H/vet)
I agree with a lot of what you had posted. I could see Patrick McNeill easily leaving. He hasn't gotten an opportunity with Washington and was passed on the call up depth chart by Kundratek last season. Patrick is hitting that point in his career where his NHL window might not last much longer.

As for the veterans, I'm not sure about the attitudes of Taffe, DiSalvatore, and Stafford but I am sure they are more of a team player then Danny Richmond was last year. Rumors were that Richmond constantly would mope and it got bad in the locker room which is why the trade was made. Hopefully they can all get along and French and Yingst have a good plan intact so the same doesn't happen this year

hb11xchamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 08:22 AM
hb11xchamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
The stacking continues. They can now roll three fairly potent scoring lines I'd think, which is potentially good for a guy like Galiev although there's going to be quite the competition in camp both at F & D.
If Aucoin is in Hershey, a Galiev-Aucoin-DiSalvatore line would look pretty nice. Aucoin would be a great playmaker for Galiev and DiSalvatore could create space and be a good net presence

Old
07-21-2012, 08:25 AM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb11xchamps View Post

As for the veterans, I'm not sure about the attitudes of Taffe, DiSalvatore, and Stafford but I am sure they are more of a team player then Danny Richmond was last year. Rumors were that Richmond constantly would mope and it got bad in the locker room which is why the trade was made. Hopefully they can all get along and French and Yingst have a good plan intact so the same doesn't happen this year
Yes, the rumors were around about the vet situation and about Richmond.

(hey, could you do me a favor and edit your post to not quote everything so this doesn't get so lengthy)

Again, it's early with the unknowns of the NHL CBA and whether the NHL season will start on time, plus perhaps someone is hurt and might not start the season on time. Not surprised that even if it meant a vet issue in the short-term that Yingst/McPhee re-signed Aucoin. (not obviously with the updates, they didn't sign Aucoin)

Last edited by sk84fun_dc: 07-21-2012 at 06:21 PM.
Old
07-21-2012, 05:28 PM
sk84fun_dc

Ha, and of course, the Aucoin signing information was wrong.

Aucoin signed with Toronto.

Old
07-30-2012, 10:32 AM
pelts35.com

Not prospect related, but Bears related. Pictures of my Phantoms and Bears themed goalie mask.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 02:54 PM
WetHog

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Very sharp looking mask.

Hockey goalie masks are one of the coolest things in professional sports. Love checking out new ones every year.

WetHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 07:20 PM
royals119

Updated Royals roster.

Active
Player Name # Pos HT WT Shoots Born
Cox, Ethan 25 C 5'10 193 L Richmond, BC
Gron, Tyler 17 RW 5'11 201 R Spruce Grove, AB
Langkow, Chris 19 C 6'1 193 R Vegreville, AB
LaPoint, Derrick 26 D 6'2 197 L Eau Clarie, WI
Lewis, Trevor 11 F 5'11 181 L Lititz, PA
Molle, Bryant 23 D 6'3 221 L Anchorage, AK
O'Connor, Ian 16 F 6'0 206 L Londonderry, NH
Tifu, Yannick 10 C 5'11 193 L Brossard, PQ
Urban, Denny 7 D 5'10 177 R Pittsburgh, PA
Walch, Brad 2 D 6'1 211 L Saginaw, MI

I'm hearing the Royals camp will be small. With a significant portion of the roster coming from Hershey/Washington, including both goalies, and a lot of the ECHL contracts getting invited to Hershey's camp, there won't be a lot of players in Reading until Hershey breaks camp. I wouldn't be surprised to see Reading sign some "camp fodder" just to have enough bodies to run workouts for the guys who don't get invited to Hershey.

royals119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 02:21 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Bears signed Joel Champagne
http://www.hersheybears.com/news/detail.php?id=3866

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 07:54 PM
hb11xchamps

Bears Unveil New logos.

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Hershey_MediaCenter_copy.jpeg‎ (16.7 KB, 3 views)

Old
08-30-2012, 06:17 AM
CapsCast

I'm not a big fan of the new logo/jersey. It's not terrible, but I like the older ones better.

CapsCast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 01:51 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmt1355 View Post
I'm not a big fan of the new logo/jersey. It's not terrible, but I like the older ones better.
I think that would make a fine shoulder patch, but not a fan of that for the main crest on the jersey.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 04:37 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

I really like the jerseys and logo, but they don't really scream "Hershey Bears" to me for some reason. I do like the aesthetic of it, just doesn't mesh with the aesthetic I expect from Herhsey. Hopefully that changes as I grow more used to them.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 05:00 PM
Liberati0n
Full Hammock

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
I really like the jerseys and logo, but they don't really scream "Hershey Bears" to me for some reason. I do like the aesthetic of it, just doesn't mesh with the aesthetic I expect from Herhsey. Hopefully that changes as I grow more used to them.
Isn't that kind of the point of changing logos/schemes though?

I don't follow Hershey but I like the logo that was posted above.

Liberati0n is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 06:57 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
I think that would make a fine shoulder patch, but not a fan of that for the main crest on the jersey.
Agreed.

Carlzner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Langway
Intangibles

http://www.csnwashington.com/hockey-...89&feedID=6357
Quote:
“We had a good talk,” Sjogren said. “I told him I was going to come over and do everything to play here again. I’m ready to play North American hockey.”

Ironically, if there is an NHL lockout, Sjogren likely would begin this season where he began last – in Hershey, making $67,500 a season. If he played for the Caps he’d earn $900,000.

“I don’t want to go anywhere else, so I’ll probably stay here and play in the AHL,” Sjogren said of a potential work stoppage. “You have to play somewhere. I think the AHL is going to be a good league during the lockout, so I think it’s the best option for me right now.”
@RenLavoieRDS: NHL and NHLPA agreed to put a special waiver period in place, starting right now until September 15...
@RenLavoieRDS: That way, veteran players of the AHL, with 2 way contract, are going to have the right to play for their farm team.
@RenLavoieRDS: They won't have to be put on re-entry waivers if they are call back 3 days before the start of the season.

Last edited by Langway: 09-12-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old
09-13-2012, 11:47 AM
Langway
Intangibles

@SWhyno: #Caps on waivers today: Dany Sabourin, Ryan Potulny, Kevin Marshall, Patrick McNeill, Matt Clackson, Garrett Stafford, Ryan Stoa, Zach Hamill.

Everyone that would have been expected. It would seem that Carman remains waiver-exempt.

There's some question whether it will be permissible to sign locked out players to AHL deals after 9/15. Being able to do so would, say, allow Johansson to play in Hershey if preferred.

Old
09-13-2012, 04:25 PM
Bure

Line predictions for Hershey anyone??

Bure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 11:24 AM
Langway
Intangibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure View Post
Line predictions for Hershey anyone??
@Aportzline: Told #AHL to allow NHL clubs to sign current 2-ways to AHL-only contracts after 9/15, but only if they were on AHL "clear" list last spring.

So we can rule Johansson out.

Potulny - Taffe - DiSalvatore
Stoa - Hamill - Galiev/Beaudoin
Kane - Sjogren/Carman - Beaudoin/Galiev
Some combo of Clackson, Almeida, Sjogren, Carman, Champagne, Civitarese, Mitchell, Berry, Pope, Vallorani

Schilling - Orlov
McNeill - Stafford
Brouillette/Marshall - Kundratek
Wellar/Oleksy

Holtby
Sabourin

2/3C looks suspect. It'd be nice if someone like Vallorani could provide an immediate impact and take hold of a scoring-line center spot. It's not clear what the plans are with Orlov. Him being available would seem to impact Kundratek's role the most (and likely ticket Flemming back to the ECHL, if that wasn't already the case).

Old
09-14-2012, 03:06 PM
Bure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
@Aportzline: Told #AHL to allow NHL clubs to sign current 2-ways to AHL-only contracts after 9/15, but only if they were on AHL "clear" list last spring.

So we can rule Johansson out.

Potulny - Taffe - DiSalvatore
Stoa - Hamill - Galiev/Beaudoin
Kane - Sjogren/Carman - Beaudoin/Galiev
Some combo of Clackson, Almeida, Sjogren, Carman, Champagne, Civitarese, Mitchell, Berry, Pope, Vallorani

Schilling - Orlov
McNeill - Stafford
Brouillette/Marshall - Kundratek
Wellar/Oleksy

Holtby
Sabourin

2/3C looks suspect. It'd be nice if someone like Vallorani could provide an immediate impact and take hold of a scoring-line center spot. It's not clear what the plans are with Orlov. Him being available would seem to impact Kundratek's role the most (and likely ticket Flemming back to the ECHL, if that wasn't already the case).

Thanks, I'm curious to see the plans for Orlov as well.

I'm guessing he's going to play in Hershey.

Bure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 03:33 PM
Liberati0n
Full Hammock

Too bad about Johansson. A year in Hershey would've been good for him.

Liberati0n is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 04:23 PM
Langway
Intangibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure View Post
Thanks, I'm curious to see the plans for Orlov as well.

I'm guessing he's going to play in Hershey.
Yeah, looks that way:
Quote:
In other Caps news on Friday, the team assigned 21 players to AHL Hershey and loaned forward Tom Wilson to Plymouth of the OHL.

The players reassigned to AHL Hershey are: Mike Carman, Stanislav Galiev, Garrett Mitchell, Danick Paquette, Mattias Sjogren, Matt Clackson, Zach Hamill, Ryan Potulny and Ryan Stoa; defensemen Brett Flemming, Tomas Kundratek, Dmitry Orlov, Cameron Schilling, Dustin Stevenson, Kevin Marshall, Patrick McNeill and Garrett Stafford; and goaltenders Brandon Anderson, Philipp Grubauer, Braden Holtby and Dany Sabourin.