HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Improved teams

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-20-2012, 05:39 PM
  #26
turkinaa
Registered User
 
turkinaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 915
vCash: 500
Depending on how Weber shakes out and if any other trades are made, I'm not 100% against giving Semin a 1 year deal that would be higher in salary than say a 2 year deal. If he can spend an entire season getting paid here and performs well, it'll just help him next offseason (he might get the money and length of a deal he is looking for). If he really wanted to jump to the KHL for a larger pay day (this season or next), no loss.

turkinaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 05:55 PM
  #27
flyersfan018
Registered User
 
flyersfan018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,285
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkinaa View Post
Depending on how Weber shakes out and if any other trades are made, I'm not 100% against giving Semin a 1 year deal that would be higher in salary than say a 2 year deal. If he can spend an entire season getting paid here and performs well, it'll just help him next offseason (he might get the money and length of a deal he is looking for). If he really wanted to jump to the KHL for a larger pay day (this season or next), no loss.
Would rather have Doan for a year or 2 but doubt that happens.

flyersfan018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 11:09 PM
  #28
turkinaa
Registered User
 
turkinaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan018 View Post
Would rather have Doan for a year or 2 but doubt that happens.
Doan might not want to play with us especially if the rumors were true to the offer he received (like a 4 year deal, 30 +/- mil contract). He will either stay in the desert or go to a team that will either (a) pay him the most money and/or (b) a place where he could win/play with someone he really wants to play with. I'm all for getting Doan on a 1 or 2 year deal, but when it comes down to it I don't want to pay that much for him, sign him to a long term deal, and a part of me thinks that he doesn't want to play here. A short term, expensive deal seems more likely for Semin than it does a long term, moderate/expensive contract for Doan from the Flyers.

turkinaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 08:14 AM
  #29
rban*
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,894
vCash: 500
I guess it goes without saying that if we land Weber, we are improved immeasurably.

rban* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 08:50 AM
  #30
Damaged Goods
Registered User
 
Damaged Goods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkinaa View Post
Depending on how Weber shakes out and if any other trades are made, I'm not 100% against giving Semin a 1 year deal that would be higher in salary than say a 2 year deal. If he can spend an entire season getting paid here and performs well, it'll just help him next offseason (he might get the money and length of a deal he is looking for). If he really wanted to jump to the KHL for a larger pay day (this season or next), no loss.
If this Weber things go through and Meszaros is a cap casualty, I'd be thrilled to get Semin for 2 years / $11 M. That way we probably get the last two years of his expected prime and he's off the books by the time new contracts kick in for Giroux, Couturier and Schenn.

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 08:56 AM
  #31
turkinaa
Registered User
 
turkinaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
If this Weber things go through and Meszaros is a cap casualty, I'd be thrilled to get Semin for 2 years / $11 M. That way we probably get the last two years of his expected prime and he's off the books by the time new contracts kick in for Giroux, Couturier and Schenn.
Good point and I agree. By the time he comes off the books we'll need his space and hopefully have some new blood in the pipeline who can come in and play from the draft (plus I'm sure we'll make a few trades/signings between then).

turkinaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.