HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Improved teams

Old
07-20-2012, 05:39 PM
turkinaa

vCash: 500
Depending on how Weber shakes out and if any other trades are made, I'm not 100% against giving Semin a 1 year deal that would be higher in salary than say a 2 year deal. If he can spend an entire season getting paid here and performs well, it'll just help him next offseason (he might get the money and length of a deal he is looking for). If he really wanted to jump to the KHL for a larger pay day (this season or next), no loss.

turkinaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 05:55 PM
flyersfan018

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkinaa View Post
Depending on how Weber shakes out and if any other trades are made, I'm not 100% against giving Semin a 1 year deal that would be higher in salary than say a 2 year deal. If he can spend an entire season getting paid here and performs well, it'll just help him next offseason (he might get the money and length of a deal he is looking for). If he really wanted to jump to the KHL for a larger pay day (this season or next), no loss.
Would rather have Doan for a year or 2 but doubt that happens.

flyersfan018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 11:09 PM
turkinaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan018 View Post
Would rather have Doan for a year or 2 but doubt that happens.
Doan might not want to play with us especially if the rumors were true to the offer he received (like a 4 year deal, 30 +/- mil contract). He will either stay in the desert or go to a team that will either (a) pay him the most money and/or (b) a place where he could win/play with someone he really wants to play with. I'm all for getting Doan on a 1 or 2 year deal, but when it comes down to it I don't want to pay that much for him, sign him to a long term deal, and a part of me thinks that he doesn't want to play here. A short term, expensive deal seems more likely for Semin than it does a long term, moderate/expensive contract for Doan from the Flyers.

Old
07-21-2012, 08:14 AM
rban*

I guess it goes without saying that if we land Weber, we are improved immeasurably.

rban* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 08:50 AM
Damaged Goods

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkinaa View Post
If this Weber things go through and Meszaros is a cap casualty, I'd be thrilled to get Semin for 2 years / $11 M. That way we probably get the last two years of his expected prime and he's off the books by the time new contracts kick in for Giroux, Couturier and Schenn.

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 08:56 AM
turkinaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
If this Weber things go through and Meszaros is a cap casualty, I'd be thrilled to get Semin for 2 years / $11 M. That way we probably get the last two years of his expected prime and he's off the books by the time new contracts kick in for Giroux, Couturier and Schenn.
Good point and I agree. By the time he comes off the books we'll need his space and hopefully have some new blood in the pipeline who can come in and play from the draft (plus I'm sure we'll make a few trades/signings between then).