HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Yandle - Krejci

Old
07-21-2012, 10:04 AM
Ten Thousand Hours

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
2008-2009
Dennis Wideman
79 Games Played
13 Goals
37 Assists
50 Points
+32

Looks good to me.

That was a completely different team. If we traded Krejci for Yandle, Lucic, Bergeron and Thornton would be the only forwards remaining from that team. We actually had a power play that year. We had forwards who could skate and play in transition. Now we have 1, maybe 2 (the guys in my username). Yandle would be underutilized Boston.

Ten Thousand Hours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 11:14 AM
cobra427

[QUOTE=heathfilms;52783531]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post

really he was a disaster GP 16 G 1 A 8 PTS 9 +/- +5 you call that a disaster please man yandle is a #1 dman in the NHL and to be honest I would put him top 15 in the NHL
Agreed...Yandle actually played very well defensively in the playoffs so I don't see the knock on him there. He was second in the league among defensemen in 2010-2011 behind Lindstom in scoring. The guy was a little off, offensively last year but he is still young, and he could win the Norris trophy this year. Remember, Phoenix has very little offense to help him get points.

cobra427 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 12:08 PM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

What I find interesting is Yandle appears to be much highly regarded in NHL circles than he is on his own team or by the masses here. Make no mistake, GMs consider him an elite #1 d-man and any return in a trade would be huge.

Rabid Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 05:30 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Yandle appears to be much highly regarded in NHL circles than he is on his own team
????
Why would you say that?
Look for him to have a bounce back year (at least in his overall regular season stats). I can see him putting up to 60 points if not more (if there is a 82 games) next season...

DesertDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 06:05 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger View Post
What I find interesting is Yandle appears to be much highly regarded in NHL circles than he is on his own team or by the masses here.
Though there are a couple Yotes fans on here that always propose trading him, the majority of us still value Yandle very highly - hence our reticence in entertaining trade offers. He's a talented offensive d-man w/ the potential of being a perennial 60 point scorer. He is also a gamer w/ leadership qualities who has committed to staying in Phoenix. We can't ask for much beyond that.

IPreferPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 06:12 PM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
Though there are a couple Yotes fans on here that always propose trading him, the majority of us still value Yandle very highly - hence our reticence in entertaining trade offers. He's a talented offensive d-man w/ the potential of being a perennial 60 point scorer. He is also a gamer w/ leadership qualities who has committed to staying in Phoenix. We can't ask for much beyond that.
There seems to be a perception that Phoenix is anxious to move Yandle but the reality is he's not being shopped (teams are making offers that's it). It's a one sided conversation at this point.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 06:15 PM
ZetterBurger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger View Post
What I find interesting is Yandle appears to be much highly regarded in NHL circles than he is on his own team or by the masses here. Make no mistake, GMs consider him an elite #1 d-man and any return in a trade would be huge.
and rightfully so.

ZetterBurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 10:34 PM
PlayMakers
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
There seems to be a perception that Phoenix is anxious to move Yandle but the reality is he's not being shopped (teams are making offers that's it). It's a one sided conversation at this point.
The source for this thread (Elliot Friedman) made it sound like PHX was pursuing Krejci, not the other way around. He says the Coyotes are looking for offense and he thinks they really like Krejci, even thougn he's not sure Krech is available...

07-21-2012, 11:21 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Can we scale this back? Drop Krejci and Yandle, add Rundblad and Peverley? I know it's not as flashy and it's a big name to a big market, and there's no home town angle, but if the Bruins are looking for a mobile, offensive threat from the blueline, Rundblad could make some sense.

Maybe Rundblad+Torres+decent asset for Peverley (Raptor Jesus) ? Something along those lines? Anything workable there?

07-21-2012, 11:26 PM
Lord Ahriman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Can we scale this back? Drop Krejci and Yandle, add Rundblad and Peverley? I know it's not as flashy and it's a big name to a big market, and there's no home town angle, but if the Bruins are looking for a mobile, offensive threat from the blueline, Rundblad could make some sense.

Maybe Rundblad+Torres+decent asset for Peverley (Raptor Jesus) ? Something along those lines? Anything workable there?
Not happening. Horton is a question mark and we already need another top 6 winger (IMO).

Lord Ahriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 11:56 PM
wintersej

if krejci isn't a number 1, neither is Yandle

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJF View Post
It's usually what happens when you trade an a No. 2 center for a No. 1 D-Man - you need to add pieces.

I know, unjust.
If Krejci is a #2 in your eyes, than Yandle should be as well. Where are Yandle's Norris trophies and Stanley Cup rings? He must not be a true #1 d-man. He wouldn't be on the Bruins. You could make an argument Yandle would be the #2 on LA, Chi, Nas, Ott, Stl, Mtl, Det, Tor, Min, Wpg, or Pit.

wintersej is offline   Reply With Quote