HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Free Agency Thread - Part Fünfzehn: Predators Kickstarter Edition

Closed Thread

Old
07-21-2012, 06:52 PM
clefty
What?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
Not only that, but he plays C
No he doesn't.

Old
07-21-2012, 06:54 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
Kennedy is also a solid depth player, I wouldn't move him unless he's a piece in a deal for a legit top 6 winger (unlikely) or an upgrade on the defense and physicality on the third line. Raymond is just a softer, faster Kennedy. The lack on ice awareness and tunnel vision that people hate about Kennedy are just as big of an issue with Raymond, the difference is Raymond isn't willing to pay the price or go into high traffic areas to make up for it.

Kennedy does fine on the third line here, I don't like the idea of adding a perimeter player to the bottom six when so much of the team's success is predicated on its cycling.
agreed. I'd want to either add size or defense if we are trading him for a different third liner.

Old
07-21-2012, 07:48 PM
leafspensfan

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=10687

Don't know if this was posted, but it's quite depressing...

Old
07-21-2012, 07:59 PM
Til the End of Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordie View Post
I want the Flyers to acquire Weber, but just not for 4 1st rounders. If Polie can somehow get Holmdumb desperate enough to give up Brayden Schenn,Couturier a young defensman off the roster and draft picks you will see a Philly team become a one line, one defensive pairing team with no goaltender but plenty of journeymen. I think even Dan Bylsma would be able to overcome that and beat them regularly.
i just cant agree with this. not even a little.

schenn and couturier werent even impact players for the flyers for the entire season. they stepped it up in the playoffs, but the flyers were still a good team without them making major contributions.

adding weber makes the flyers an exponentially better team, even if they lose some of their other depth players. adding weber and just losing the draft picks... jesus.

Old
07-21-2012, 08:00 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafspensfan View Post

he's planning to visit with us early this coming week

Old
07-21-2012, 08:01 PM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Poile wanted Schenn & Couturier in a trade prior to the offer sheet. Homer said no way.
He's not gonna trade 'em now either.

Old
07-21-2012, 08:02 PM
Flyers Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
That was his 2nd visit to Philadelphia

Old
07-21-2012, 08:02 PM
jdc147
Black & Gold!

Quote:

He's doing the rounds. Pittsburghs turn next week.

Edit:
Quote:
Memo to myself - type/post faster!

Old
07-21-2012, 08:03 PM
leafspensfan

Quote:
Where does it say that :S

Old
07-21-2012, 08:03 PM
OnMyOwn
Extremist

I'm telling you, they'll offer an 8-10 year deal...they don't give a **** about age

Old
07-21-2012, 08:09 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers Time View Post
That was his 2nd visit to Philadelphia
well then I guess its a lock
Quote:
Where does it say that :S
http://insidepittsburghsports.com/st...ng-days/51075/

Old
07-21-2012, 08:13 PM
DegenX
#FireMorehouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post

Smart ass. Hey, I admitted a number of times I wouldn't complain if he was signed for a reasonable deal, I just think he'll be another one and done at the end of the year. There ain't no fire in his belly!
Ya, I know ... but I was having .gif withdrawal and couldn't pass up the opportunity As for Sasha, I think last season he showed some fire. Hunter isn't the only defensive minded coach he's played for. When he played in Russia he played for the Super League's version of Hitchcock. I think/hope/believe he'll do well with/for the Pens.

Old
07-21-2012, 08:19 PM
SEALBound

I'm gonna be sick if NYR end up with Nash, Philly ends up with Weber, one of them ends up with Doan, and we end up with nothing because we won't give someone like Semin more than 2 years...

Old
07-21-2012, 08:38 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
I'm gonna be sick if NYR end up with Nash, Philly ends up with Weber, one of them ends up with Doan, and we end up with nothing because we won't give someone like Semin more than 2 years...
Yeah, the idea of standing pat, basically, concerns me a bit. What if trade deadline prices are absurd again? Do you stand pat there too? At some point you've got to stick your neck out a little.

Old
07-21-2012, 08:42 PM
mr sidney crosby

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
My predictions:

Rick nash: New york rangers
Bobby Ryan: Philly flyers
Shane doan: LA kings
Alexander Semin: Pittsburgh penguins
Shea webber: Nashville Preds

Old
07-21-2012, 08:47 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr sidney crosby View Post
My predictions:

Rick nash: New york rangers
Bobby Ryan: Philly flyers
Shane doan: LA kings
Alexander Semin: Pittsburgh penguins
Shea webber: Nashville Preds
Don't think the Flyers get Ryan. But I could live with those things happening. There might not be a single player in the league I want the Flyers to get less than Weber. If they don't get him, I will be happy even if they get Ryan or Nash or something.

Old
07-21-2012, 08:51 PM
mr sidney crosby

Quote:
Don't think the Flyers get Ryan. But I could live with those things happening. There might not be a single player in the league I want the Flyers to get less than Weber. If they don't get him, I will be happy even if they get Ryan or Nash or something.
How many more days does nashville have to match that offer?

Old
07-21-2012, 08:52 PM
Henrik To Daniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty View Post
No he doesn't.
Well he is listed as a C on all major hockey sites so I'm assuming he played C in junior and not on the Pens because of the big 3.

If we go into next season with Malhotra with our 3rd line C we are in trouble

Old
07-21-2012, 08:55 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:
If they do not get Weber, everything is going to be fine. Nash and Ryan are trades and the first thing both GMs will be asking Holmgren for will be Couturier. I really don't see them getting Nash over NYR without putting at the very least Schenn on the table.
The way their fans are talking up Read on the trade boards is getting obscene, it's like the Hawks fans with that horrible Stalberg character. But Mason Raymond is scum, right? Never fails to amuse me.

Old
07-21-2012, 08:55 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Well he is listed as a C on all major hockey sites so I'm assuming he played C in junior and not on the Pens because of the big 3.

Nah, he's played wing pretty much exclusively as a pro, including in the AHL. It's not Crosby and Malkin, his game is just more suited for playing as a winger. Like I said, the Pens converted Pascal Dupuis to center before using Kennedy there, and Dupuis had never played center before at any level.

Old
07-21-2012, 08:57 PM
SinfulCobraZ
87SidGeno71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
Yeah, the idea of standing pat, basically, concerns me a bit. What if trade deadline prices are absurd again? Do you stand pat there too? At some point you've got to stick your neck out a little.
I wish Shero went all out. I wished he asked Parise if the Penguins offer was the top and if not I would have been prepared to offer him upto 8.5 million. Most people think its an over payment which I agree but with the bets player in the world taking such a huge discount leaving so much left on the table, why not put that to good use and make this window to the cup useful. That's one thing I don't like about this Penguins management because I always feel like we are in the dust when the Flyers and NYR are always making big moves for marquee players and we're left with the leftovers. Just go all in on a winger for once and actually get a superstar player like Ryan.

Overall, I am just very frustrated with the lack of a winger that we have been looking for so long and have yet to even find one. I wish we sign Semin and he works his butt off and proves everyone wrong and we will finally have that winger we always wanted.

Old
07-21-2012, 08:57 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:

ya I've wondered why he's listed as C for years. I have never once seen him play center in WBS or Pittsburgh.

Old
07-21-2012, 08:58 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:

Yeah, I'd love to trade you TK, but if he is your 3C next season you aren't likely any less in trouble. Sorry.

Old
07-21-2012, 08:59 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulCobraZ View Post
I wish Shero went all out. I wished he asked Parise if the Penguins offer was the top and if not I would have been prepared to offer him upto 8.5 million. Most people think its an over payment which I agree but with the bets player in the world taking such a huge discount leaving so much left on the table, why not put that to good use and make this window to the cup useful. That's one thing I don't like about this Penguins management because I always feel like we are in the dust when the Flyers and NYR are always making big moves for marquee players and we're left with the leftovers. Just go all in on a winger for once and actually get a superstar player like Ryan.

Overall, I am just very frustrated with the lack of a winger that we have been looking for so long and have yet to even find one. I wish we sign Semin and he works his butt off and proves everyone wrong and we will finally have that winger we always wanted.
Why do you think we should run our team more like the Flyers or Rangers? Just because it's more exciting?

Old
07-21-2012, 09:01 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
ya I've wondered why he's listed as C for years. I have never once seen him play center in WBS or Pittsburgh.
I think those sites are just lazy with details like that, a lot of that stuff is never updated. Forecaster was calling Nick Boynton a young defenseman with franchise potential when he was 30 years old and barely holding down a job as a #6 defenseman.

Closed Thread