HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Carcillo Taking shots at Laviolette and Leighton

Old
07-21-2012, 08:14 PM
MsWoof

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bort Sampson View Post
2010-2011: Almost upset in 6 by a 7 seed in first round.
2011-2012: Beat Cup favorites (division rivals Richards/Carter never were able to beat) handily in first round.

Yup, much better off.
Second round loss in both seasons. And going out with a whimper to boot but yeah, we did much better.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 08:15 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarley zelepukin View Post
Just because Danny is a mediocre NHLer with a tendency to do and say stupid things on the ice doesn't mean he's not right. About Leighton anyway.

I don't know exactly where the "no respect" stuff comes from, so it's hard to say he's right or wrong to think that.
He's totally right about Leighton. Obviously there was more going on in the dressing room than we know about but players and coaches aren't always going to agree or get along. We saw how Stevens treated Downie while he was coach, he could have and should have either played him or put him in the AHL but he sat in the press box night after night.

Old
07-21-2012, 08:26 PM
Bort Sampson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Second round loss in both seasons. And going out with a whimper to boot but yeah, we did much better.
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, but I just noticed who is in your avatar, so I'm going to walk away from this "debate" before it begins.

Bort Sampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 08:26 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

As out of his ****ing mind as he was, Lavy actually cooled him down a bit. He should be thanking him for his contract in CHI and the ability to be playing alongside Kane and Hossa and Sharp and Toews (depending on the night). The lack of respect is Carcillo being bitter and talking out of his ass. He was an unleashed animal in PHX. Granted he piled up points when he wasn't in the penalty box or press box, he was clearly out of control.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 08:31 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
As out of his ****ing mind as he was, Lavy actually cooled him down a bit. He should be thanking him for his contract in CHI and the ability to be playing alongside Kane and Hossa and Sharp and Toews (depending on the night). The lack of respect is Carcillo being bitter and talking out of his ass. He was an unleashed animal in PHX. Granted he piled up points when he wasn't in the penalty box or press box, he was clearly out of control.
He was an unleashed animal in the OHL as well. Never wanted him here after the crap he pulled and the lengthy suspensions he served while playing in the O.

Old
07-21-2012, 08:32 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2minutes4slashing View Post
Remember the Islanders game, where Nielson (I think) said something to Briere in the FO circle, Briere went high on him, and Carcillo came in and clotheslined him? Then DiPietro came out looking for anyone, Pronger grabbed him, and DiPi pretty much could be lip-read saying "anyone but you Prongs" and Pronger said "Anyone?! Alright!*rolls eyes* HEY CARBOMB, want a goalie?!" Carcillo and DiPi were about to dance before Richie and the linesmen saved DiPi's life

Kid's career here was loaded with highs and lows. Too bad he's being a dick now.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 08:42 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, but I just noticed who is in your avatar, so I'm going to walk away from this "debate" before it begins.
Sarcastic how? The team lost in the second round both years, that's where it begins and ends.

Old
07-21-2012, 08:47 PM
Bort Sampson

Quote:
Sarcastic how? The team lost in the second round both years, that's where it begins and ends.
That's the only thing remotely similar about both playoff runs. Considering both playoff scenarios were entirely different, it'd be foolish to compare their relative results.

I've seen your posts around here and on the main board. Richards and Carter were great here. Let's move on though, huh?

edit: I mean this respectfully. I'm not even saying they were better, I'm just saying they were incredibly different, and comparing the results is useless given the difference in context.

Last edited by Bort Sampson: 07-21-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old
07-21-2012, 08:50 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Carcillo might be right about Leighton but he's was pretty much a non factor in the series. He was a clown. This guy was worried more about arguing with the refs than just shutting the **** up and play the game. I will admit i was a Carcillo fan. I still am in terms of him being a scrappy kid but he showed how he lacks any temperament to play a consistent game where he could be focused on his skill and just playing the game.

After he hit Carter i pretty much realized this guy was a clown. Don't really care. I'd like to see Rinaldo knock him into next week.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 09:02 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
Carcillo might be right about Leighton but he's was pretty much a non factor in the series. He was a clown. This guy was worried more about arguing with the refs than just shutting the **** up and play the game. I will admit i was a Carcillo fan. I still am in terms of him being a scrappy kid but he showed how he lacks any temperament to play a consistent game where he could be focused on his skill and just playing the game.

After he hit Carter i pretty much realized this guy was a clown. Don't really care. I'd like to see Rinaldo knock him into next week.
That hit on Carter was one of the funniest things I've ever seen in a hockey game.

Old
07-21-2012, 09:08 PM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haute Couturier View Post
Upshall was ridiculously overrated by some fans, but that trade still blew chunks. Holmgren overpaid for an inferior player because he can't get enough of knuckledragger "fan favorites."
Upshall is a 3rd line energy player who will pop in a few goals here and there, can play on the 2nd line in a pinch, drive the opposition nuts (remember him vs Chara?), and is a player who loved being a Flyer with all his heart.

But I agree - the trade was brutal. A 2nd rounder going with the better player of the two is messed up no matter how much you like or dislike Carcillo. The worst part was that Homer was forced to do so through sheer incompetence where the salary cap is concerned.

However, around here, being frustrated with the stupidity is equated to being an Upshall lover. It's stupid, but it is what it is. What can you do?

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 09:09 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
That hit on Carter was one of the funniest things I've ever seen in a hockey game.
What was more funny was how bad Kopecky embarrassed him by getting in his face. You know it hurt his poor little feelings at how he reacted.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 09:31 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

I love all these former Flyers like Lupul taking pot shots at the Flyers. Cowardly little bitter boys. Dale Kushner and Claude Boivin had more productive impact than Carbum ever did...

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 09:34 PM
Ryker

Quote:
That's some incredible logic.

Going from 1st to 3rd in the division isn't better off.
It might be under the circumstances. The Pens got Crosby back and the Rangers got much better, as well. His logic is definitely flawed, though (unless he's not actually saying that last year was better than the year before, I couldn't quite tell whether he was just retorting to MsWoof). But basically, with the play-off system in place there's not really a clear metric showing what's better or not, other than the binary winning or not winning the Cup. We had the same amount of points in the regular season, and I think this is as close as you can come to "objectively" evaluating a season.

Anyway, with both seasons being so similar in the outcome, I think anyone claiming one was better than the other, and thinking that's anything but subjective, is a fool.

Last edited by Ryker: 07-21-2012 at 09:44 PM.
Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 09:57 PM
Bort Sampson

Quote:
That's some incredible logic.

Going from 1st to 3rd in the division isn't better off.
Once again, comparing the results of two different seasons played under different circumstances/scenarios is completely useless and itself very illogical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
It might be under the circumstances. The Pens got Crosby back and the Rangers got much better, as well. His logic is definitely flawed, though (unless he's not actually saying that last year was better than the year before, I couldn't quite tell whether he was just retorting to MsWoof). But basically, with the play-off system in place there's not really a clear metric showing what's better or not, other than the binary winning or not winning the Cup. We had the same amount of points in the regular season, and I think this is as close as you can come to "objectively" evaluating a season.

Anyway, with both seasons being so similar in the outcome, I think anyone claiming one was better than the other, and thinking that's anything but subjective, is a fool.
That's pretty much it, I was replying to snark with snark, and displaying how under any subjective measure (such as both being eliminated in the same round), one could use flawed logic to make flawed conclusions.

However, I never said they were better, and even said that directly:

Quote:
edit: I mean this respectfully. I'm not even saying they were better, I'm just saying they were incredibly different, and comparing the results is useless given the difference in context.
MsWoof has hated the Richards/Carter trades on this board and the main board since the trades were made, I was just having some fun with that.

Last edited by Bort Sampson: 07-21-2012 at 10:16 PM.
Old
07-21-2012, 10:23 PM
bauer

i lost all respect for Carcillo after this..

embellishing a hit is one thing, but downright faking it is utterly embarrassing. the guy's a clown. always was, always will be.

bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 10:54 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Once again, comparing the results of two different seasons played under different circumstances/scenarios is completely useless and itself very illogical.

That's pretty much it, I was replying to snark with snark, and displaying how under any subjective measure (such as both being eliminated in the same round), one could use flawed logic to make flawed conclusions.

However, I never said they were better, and even said that directly:

MsWoof has hated the Richards/Carter trades on this board and the main board since the trades were made, I was just having some fun with that.
Ah OK, should've read the whole tread before replying

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 10:54 PM
Go For It

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
I love all these former Flyers like Lupul taking pot shots at the Flyers. Cowardly little bitter boys. Dale Kushner and Claude Boivin had more productive impact than Carbum ever did...
Devils Advocate: What does it say that all of these ex-players find the need to trash the Philadelphia organization? How often do you hear this happening to other teams?

Go For It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 11:06 PM
The Flin Flon Bomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
Devils Advocate: What does it say that all of these ex-players find the need to trash the Philadelphia organization? How often do you hear this happening to other teams?
All? How many have their been? There are a lot of ex-flyers out since we seem to make a trade every 30 seconds. What percentage of the dozens of active ex-flyers have trashed the team?

The Flin Flon Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 11:13 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Doesnt say jack crap....they were minor blips in a successful organization's history and that Shane Doan's agent just described as a class act and that the best defenseman in hockey just signed an offer sheet with. Those turds are all just bitter rejects..

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 11:28 PM
2minutes4slashing

Bleh...Carcillo was entertaining , he brought energy and could pop in a goal now n then , he's ok in my book.

2minutes4slashing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 12:20 AM
DumpyD

Quote:
Especially since everything said by these players has long been speculated by us and the media. Everyone knows our goaltending sucked, that there were issues between Laviolette and a segment of the team, and trading Richards and Carter could come back to make us look bad.

But hey, let's make ad hominem attacks because people talking about our team makes us feel bad.

DumpyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 12:25 AM
Brostradamus
LegionOfDoom Reunion

Quote:
Lupul and Carcillo (I could also see Versteeg as the type of person to say something but he didn't that I'm aware of). Just seems like the locker room was very divided between the young guns and the vets. At least, thus far, the group of young players we have now seem more mature (Couturier instantly comes to mind) and level headed than some of the other young players we have had recently. I really enjoy watching the team we have now grow together and just have fun which was something that was always missing during the Carter/Richards era with the amount of pressure placed upon them. Every piece added to this team just seems to enjoy the "party" so to speak and I think we are going to see that even more with the additions of Luke Schenn with his brother, Talbot getting to play with his buddy Gervais, and if Weber comes here, with the Schenn brothers and Hartnell. Exciting time to be a Flyers fan.

Brostradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 01:16 AM
BillDineen

Well I would have zero respect for any coach that didn't like their players boozing it up and partying during the season as well.

BillDineen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 02:30 AM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Yeah. I wouldn't bother with her. Only thing she says is "management sucks, Richards and Carter blah blah blah". Move the **** on.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote