HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

PK Subban being shopped ?

Closed Thread

Old
07-21-2012, 09:07 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8spokesontheB View Post
You surprise me with this post, LL. I'm sure you know that Subban is no Datsyuk; they are not even close to being the same caliber player at their respective positions. Pernell is good...he's not a "superstar" defenseman. C'mon now.
LL wants more than Franzen as the main piece if he's trading Subban, that was his point.

Old
07-21-2012, 09:48 AM
birdman31383

Maybe Sather can make a call....

Old
07-21-2012, 10:10 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
You surprise me with this post, LL. I'm sure you know that Subban is no Datsyuk; they are not even close to being the same caliber player at their respective positions. Pernell is good...he's not a "superstar" defenseman. C'mon now.
As others have said, you missed my point.

I mean, should I suggest:

Chara for Emelin, Weber and a 2nd?

How about:

Bergeron for Eller, palushaj and a 3rd?

Hmmm, all legit players right? Let's switch it up:

Hamilton for Diaz, Kristo and a 3rd.

I mean, an NHL D with top 4 potential, a top 6 prospect and a 3rd! Oh wait, I bet even if I make that a 2nd, you tell me no. Hamilton hasn't even played an NHL game or an AHL game but you'd say no. Why? Because why trade quality for quantity.

I don't consider Subban like Datysuk, I was merely making a point on the quantity vs quality debate.

What's interesting is, montreal doesn't need quantity, it NEVER did. I think from 2003 to like 2007 we can almost make a line-up of NHL players(including fringes) but thats quantity which hasn't helped montreal lately.

Old
07-21-2012, 11:13 AM
TOGuy14

Coming from a Leafs fan:

I hate the way Subban plays, I think he is a gutless spinless POS, but at the same time I would also say he is easily a #2 D-man already, and probably good enough to be a #1 on a bunch of teams.

Stop treating him like a bust.

Old
07-21-2012, 11:27 AM
8spokesontheB
Cry Havoc!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
As others have said, you missed my point.
I guess I just disagree. I think Franzen and a pick is pretty much Subban's value at quality. Player for player I mean, not necessarily as relates to a team's particular needs. You lose me when you start making hypothetical trades involving players superior to Subban for comparison, like Datsyuk, Chara, or Bergeron.

Old
07-21-2012, 11:43 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
I guess I just disagree. I think Franzen and a pick is pretty much Subban's value at quality. Player for player I mean, not necessarily as relates to a team's particular needs. You lose me when you start making hypothetical trades involving players superior to Subban for comparison, like Datsyuk, Chara, or Bergeron.
I'm surprised you disagree really. I never argued value. Value might be there. Hell, Beaulieu+2nd in 2013 is probably fair value for hamilton, but do you do it? No, because it makes no sense to do so. Besides the fact Franzen is 32 and subban is nearly 10 years younger it would make no sense for the habs. The point is, you think this is about value, it isn't. It's about building a team. I can give you a ton of assets which may add up to Bergeron's value but you'll say no because he's your #1 center and you need him, not to mention if I offer Cole+ it still makes no sense as cole is much much older relative to bergeron. I can make a proposal for anyone based on 'value' but 'value to a team' is completely different. For montreal, subban won't be traded for quantity, I consider a 32 year old winger who made 25-30 goals and 50-60 points in his prime(which he's falling out of it) to be quantity or just plain illogical.

I'd rather add to Subban and get Ryan than trade subban and get a package.

Old
07-21-2012, 12:05 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

While I understand that it's not "sexy" and doesn't make a good conversation piece, Subban is not being shopped. It has been confirmed that Don Meehan (Subban's agent) is meeting with Marc Bergevin next week and the consensus is that the meeting is to finalize the new contract.

Move along, nothing to see here...

Old
07-21-2012, 05:27 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
If you want to have fun go compare Chara's first two full seasons in the NHL to Subban's. Then come back here and tell us about Subban's "quality" compared to Chara's. Subban is a top pairing d-man and is only in his second season. His numbers in his 1st two seasons put Chara's to shame. No, Subban today is not as good as Chara of today. Subban of tomorrow, though? I am willing to wait and see while holding Subban. Franzen and a pick is not close to Subban's current value, never mind adding his potential.

Did you know only 13 defencemen in the NHL had over 22 minutes played per game with 100+ blocked shots, 100+ hits, AND over 30 points? Subban was one of them. Yes, he is definitely worth more than Franzen and a pick.

Old
07-21-2012, 06:02 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Old
07-21-2012, 06:44 PM
SDig14

I feel bad for fans of the teams like the Jets and Habs dealing with silly proposals for kane and Subban.

I can't wait until every 3rd proposal is trying to trade/offer sheet Hall, Ebs, and RNH in 1/1/2 years respectively.

Old
07-21-2012, 07:01 PM
clownquestionbro*

if you want subban: best prospect, 1st round pick, 2nd round pick and top 4 dman.

Old
07-21-2012, 07:17 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by clownquestionbro View Post
if you want subban: best prospect, 1st round pick, 2nd round pick and top 4 dman.
You're embarassing Habs fans with things like this man. There have been some good proposals in this very thread that didn't involve giving up as much, you should go take a look. And no we're not dealing Subban for a prospect as the main piece, even if he comes with a 1st and 2nd.

Old
07-21-2012, 07:42 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Based on that 1 post(i didnt see others) I didn't see him say that. I'm sure in the business there are friends and people you are on good terms with that you avoid making such offers for unless necessary. When it comes time for Philly's RFAs it's not crazy to suggest habs would feel no sense of restraint in regards to their players. Does it mean it will happen? Nah. Does it mean philly should be scared? Nope. You make the best team possible and you do what you gotta do but that doesn't mean montreal would be happy on the situation either. Only normal.
montreal is a wealthier team than philly. plain and simple. if subban were offer sheeted by home-grin habs would match and find a way to screw the flyers at some point. i would hope so anyway.

Old
07-21-2012, 08:08 PM
oilsands
shut 'em down.

I hear Subban might be shopped - any truth to this>?

Old
07-21-2012, 08:28 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
montreal is a wealthier team than philly. plain and simple. if subban were offer sheeted by home-grin habs would match and find a way to screw the flyers at some point. i would hope so anyway.
I was merely assuming that flyers put forth a price that is way past Subban's paygrade. Which makes it irrelevant if habs can afford it or not.

Old
07-21-2012, 08:29 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilsands View Post
I hear Subban might be shopped - any truth to this>?
NO!

Meehan and Bergevin will sit down next week to get a deal done, it should be done by early August.

Then all these stupid threads will finally stop and some of these folks can get a life!

Old
07-21-2012, 09:34 PM
Shinsuke Nakamura
King of Strong Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
Coming from a Leafs fan:

I hate the way Subban plays, I think he is a gutless spinless POS, but at the same time I would also say he is easily a #2 D-man already, and probably good enough to be a #1 on a bunch of teams.

Stop treating him like a bust.
I think you meant spineless, but in any event, I'm pretty sure Subban has a spine, since Brad Marchand nearly got knocked out by it.

Old
07-21-2012, 10:38 PM
EagleBelfour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haute Couturier View Post
Brayden Schenn + Luke Schenn

for

Subban + Thrower
In 10+ pages, it's the only proposal made by another team fan I would very much seriously consider. I would take that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster Doofus View Post
Nino Neidreitter, Griffon Reinhart/Donovan/DeHaan, 2013 1st, and Mark Streit is probably the best the Isles can do if they want to hold onto Strome longterm and still have a good roster now.
And this one.

Last edited by EagleBelfour: 07-21-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Old
07-21-2012, 10:44 PM
BOLD MacT Trade
GoldMoldisMacTBold

Quote:
As an Oiler fan, pass.

Old
07-21-2012, 10:48 PM
AmartZing

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBelfour View Post
In 10+ pages, it's the only proposal made by another team fan I would very much seriously consider. I would take that.

And this one.
+1

Old
07-21-2012, 10:55 PM
candyman82

Quote:
Is Subban really that good of a player? Isn't this going to be just his third year in the NHL?

Old
07-21-2012, 11:26 PM
clownquestionbro*

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
Is Subban really that good of a player? Isn't this going to be just his third year in the NHL?
first pairing dman, plays well in all areas of the ice, can score, hit, agitate, fight, only 22 and will get better and not even close to becoming an ufa.

Old
07-22-2012, 02:06 AM
Habsrback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
If you want to have fun go compare Chara's first two full seasons in the NHL to Subban's. Then come back here and tell us about Subban's "quality" compared to Chara's. Subban is a top pairing d-man and is only in his second season. His numbers in his 1st two seasons put Chara's to shame. No, Subban today is not as good as Chara of today. Subban of tomorrow, though? I am willing to wait and see while holding Subban. Franzen and a pick is not close to Subban's current value, never mind adding his potential.

Did you know only 13 defencemen in the NHL had over 22 minutes played per game with 100+ blocked shots, 100+ hits, AND over 30 points? Subban was one of them. Yes, he is definitely worth more than Franzen and a pick.
Excellent post. The matter of the fact is, all other 29 teams would drool over the possibility of getting Subban. No, he is not a superstar yet, but compare him to most of today's superstars after two years playing (on top of this with a very weak 2011-12 defensive corps due to injuries) and you will realize that he fares pretty well.

Old
07-22-2012, 08:14 AM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
first pairing dman, plays well in all areas of the ice, can score, hit, agitate, fight, only 22 and will get better and not even close to becoming an ufa.
I love Subban, but he can not fight well. Actually, he should not fight. Ever. That dance he had with Marchand lat year was embarrassing. I agree with everything else.

Old
07-22-2012, 08:17 AM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
As I told some Bruins an earlier, go compare Subban's first two seasons to Chara's and tell me what you see. Subban is comparable. To many of the leagues elite defenders if you compare his first two seasons to theirs. So, yes, Subban IS that good of a player and is still improving!!

Closed Thread