HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Roster 2012-2013 - Part II

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-21-2012, 11:06 PM
  #451
Broad Street Elite
Registered User
 
Broad Street Elite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I thought i remember capgeek stating that the schenn contract only lowered the first season. This season is different. Might be wrong but thought thats what he said.
You are right. The bonus regarding games played only applied to last season. Schenn's (and several other ELCs) would still be lower if there's a cushion, but we'll see. You can't figure in the good aspects of a new CBA without considering what might not be there (a 70 mill cap), so just use one or the other.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 11:51 PM
  #452
hockeyphan25
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 494
vCash: 500
I don't understand the point of blowing this team up (IE trading numerous core players and picks for Weber, Ryan, or Nash) Last year couldn't have worked out much better after trading Richards and Carter for youth (considering what happened to Pronger). After last season, the teams priorities should have been
1. Bring in a assistant coach or consultant who can help implement better team defense (as bad as our d was at times I don't think the individual dmen were that bad except Carle)
2. DO NOT resign Carle and let Gus and Bourdon get their shot (It would have been nice to sign Garrison but that didn't happen)
3. Sign Voracek (he is underrated like no other, is only 22, will most likely put up over 50 points, was one of our better two way players, is probably the best on the team at getting the puck up the ice and in the o-zone, and would have cost less than $4.5m).
4. Don't re-sign Jagr (with the youth moving up, one of the top 6 would have to go and I'd go with Jagr considering his health last year and how he slowed down as the season went on) Even after trading JVR I would have let him go because he wanted too much money for what he brings at this point.

With that, we would have had a better team than last year, and we were pretty damn good last year. I'd expect Couturier and B.Schenn to be much better this year and most of Voracek, Read, Simmonds, Gus, Bourdon, Wellwood, and Rinaldo to be better than last year. Also Carle is gone.

Trading JVR for L. Schenn is not that big of a deal because they are both in the same boat (even though I think we should have received a pick in that deal) and we could use a promising young dman more than a promising young forward. However when you combine that with the loss of Jagr, it brings a need for another forward and makes Voracek's signing 10x more important.

hockeyphan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 12:15 AM
  #453
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 81,673
vCash: 50
We already didn't re-sign carle or jagr

Your post is about 3 weeks too late

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 12:38 AM
  #454
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,290
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyphan25 View Post
I don't understand the point of blowing this team up (IE trading numerous core players and picks for Weber, Ryan, or Nash) Last year couldn't have worked out much better after trading Richards and Carter for youth (considering what happened to Pronger). After last season, the teams priorities should have been
1. Bring in a assistant coach or consultant who can help implement better team defense (as bad as our d was at times I don't think the individual dmen were that bad except Carle)
2. DO NOT resign Carle and let Gus and Bourdon get their shot (It would have been nice to sign Garrison but that didn't happen)
3. Sign Voracek (he is underrated like no other, is only 22, will most likely put up over 50 points, was one of our better two way players, is probably the best on the team at getting the puck up the ice and in the o-zone, and would have cost less than $4.5m).
4. Don't re-sign Jagr (with the youth moving up, one of the top 6 would have to go and I'd go with Jagr considering his health last year and how he slowed down as the season went on) Even after trading JVR I would have let him go because he wanted too much money for what he brings at this point.

With that, we would have had a better team than last year, and we were pretty damn good last year. I'd expect Couturier and B.Schenn to be much better this year and most of Voracek, Read, Simmonds, Gus, Bourdon, Wellwood, and Rinaldo to be better than last year. Also Carle is gone.

Trading JVR for L. Schenn is not that big of a deal because they are both in the same boat (even though I think we should have received a pick in that deal) and we could use a promising young dman more than a promising young forward. However when you combine that with the loss of Jagr, it brings a need for another forward and makes Voracek's signing 10x more important.
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills

orange is better is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 12:40 AM
  #455
hockeyphan25
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
We already didn't re-sign carle or jagr

Your post is about 3 weeks too late
I assume your being sarcastic. If not, you misread, I was writing what they should have done, not what they should do now.

hockeyphan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 12:44 AM
  #456
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,290
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyphan25 View Post
I assume your being sarcastic. If not, you misread, I was writing what they should have done, not what they should do now.
I can only speak for myself; I knew what you meant, but I think it's crazy to suggest that this team should not give up assets for weber. He's the best defenseman in the league, and if we let this team develop for centuries they wouldn't be as good as they'd be with weber. If you have a chance to get Shea weber without gutting your team, you do it, end of story. If all we have to give up for weber is either 4 1sts, or voracek and Meszaros and a couple of those firsts, this team will be better and I will be ecstatic. As should you.

orange is better is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 12:59 AM
  #457
hockeyphan25
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
I can only speak for myself; I knew what you meant, but I think it's crazy to suggest that this team should not give up assets for weber. He's the best defenseman in the league, and if we let this team develop for centuries they wouldn't be as good as they'd be with weber. If you have a chance to get Shea weber without gutting your team, you do it, end of story. If all we have to give up for weber is either 4 1sts, or voracek and Meszaros and a couple of those firsts, this team will be better and I will be ecstatic. As should you.
I would be ecstatic too, especially if its only 4 1sts but the talk about trading Couturier and or/ multiple forwards scares me. If we trade two of Couturier, B. Schenn, Voracek, or Read. We're going to have a forward problem. Voracek and Mez with two firsts coming back seems to be the most favorable trade being mentioned. I'd definitely be happy with that trade. Just hoping it doesn't turn into him gutting the team.

hockeyphan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 07:37 AM
  #458
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyphan25 View Post
I would be ecstatic too, especially if its only 4 1sts but the talk about trading Couturier and or/ multiple forwards scares me. If we trade two of Couturier, B. Schenn, Voracek, or Read. We're going to have a forward problem. Voracek and Mez with two firsts coming back seems to be the most favorable trade being mentioned. I'd definitely be happy with that trade. Just hoping it doesn't turn into him gutting the team.
I really don't know why people are so scared of Schenn and Couturier being traded. Homer has stated numerous times he is not trading them. If he wanted to he would have traded them for Weber and Ryan already. Both of them teams demanded those players via trade and Homer said no thank you. That is part of the reason he offer sheeted Weber. Homer pretty said "you think you have leverage by trying to demand high for Weber? Well he isn't happy there and you cannot pay him so lets see if we can play a game of chicken". The rest is history.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 08:50 AM
  #459
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 11,701
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Shea Weber ($7.850m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Shea Weber ($7.850m)
Shea Weber ($7.850m) / Shea Weber ($7.850m) / Shea Weber ($7.850m)
Shea Weber ($7.850m) / Shea Weber ($7.850m) / Shea Weber ($7.850m)
Shea Weber ($7.850m) / Shea Weber ($7.850m) / Shea Weber ($7.850m)
Shea Weber ($7.850m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Shea Weber ($7.850m) / Shea Weber ($7.850m)
Shea Weber ($7.850m) / Shea Weber ($7.850m)
Shea Weber ($7.850m) / Shea Weber ($7.850m)
Shea Weber ($7.850m) /
GOALTENDERS
Shea Weber ($7.850m)
Shea Weber ($7.850m)
BUYOUTS
Shea Weber ($7.850m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $900,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $700,243,373; BONUSES: $200,705,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $487,337,300

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 09:06 AM
  #460
YuioIklo
Registered User
 
YuioIklo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Quebec
Country: Martinique
Posts: 1,342
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Shea Weber ($7.850m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Shea Weber ($7.850m)
Shea Weber ($7.850m) / Shea Weber ($7.850m) / Shea Weber ($7.850m)
Shea Weber ($7.850m) / Shea Weber ($7.850m) / Shea Weber ($7.850m)
Shea Weber ($7.850m) / Shea Weber ($7.850m) / Shea Weber ($7.850m)
Shea Weber ($7.850m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Shea Weber ($7.850m) / Shea Weber ($7.850m)
Shea Weber ($7.850m) / Shea Weber ($7.850m)
Shea Weber ($7.850m) / Shea Weber ($7.850m)
Shea Weber ($7.850m) /
GOALTENDERS
Shea Weber ($7.850m)
Shea Weber ($7.850m)
BUYOUTS
Shea Weber ($7.850m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $900,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $700,243,373; BONUSES: $200,705,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $487,337,300
Needs more Giroux.

YuioIklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 09:07 AM
  #461
feedingschennzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 343
vCash: 500
CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Bobby Ryan ($5.100m)
Wayne Simmonds ($1.750m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Matt Read ($0.900m)
Ruslan Fedotenko ($1.750m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Danny Briere ($6.500m)
Mike Knuble ($2.000m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Eric Wellwood ($0.580m)
Zac Rinaldo ($0.544m)
DEFENSEMEN
Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m) / Shea Weber ($7.854m)
Braydon Coburn ($4.500m) / Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m)
Luke Schenn ($3.600m) / Marc-Andre Bourdon ($0.709m)
Bruno Gervais ($0.825m) / Andreas Lilja ($0.738m)
GOALTENDERS
Ilya Bryzgalov ($5.667m)
Michael Leighton ($0.900m)
BUYOUTS
Oskars Bartulis ($0.100m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $68,034,694; BONUSES: $2,705,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $2,165,306

When you wish upon a star...

feedingschennzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 09:09 AM
  #462
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdugan View Post
CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Bobby Ryan ($5.100m)
Wayne Simmonds ($1.750m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Matt Read ($0.900m)
Ruslan Fedotenko ($1.750m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Danny Briere ($6.500m)
Mike Knuble ($2.000m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Eric Wellwood ($0.580m)
Zac Rinaldo ($0.544m)
DEFENSEMEN
Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m) / Shea Weber ($7.854m)
Braydon Coburn ($4.500m) / Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m)
Luke Schenn ($3.600m) / Marc-Andre Bourdon ($0.709m)
Bruno Gervais ($0.825m) / Andreas Lilja ($0.738m)
GOALTENDERS
Ilya Bryzgalov ($5.667m)
Michael Leighton ($0.900m)
BUYOUTS
Oskars Bartulis ($0.100m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $68,034,694; BONUSES: $2,705,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $2,165,306

When you wish upon a star...
So how did we trade for Ryan?

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 09:16 AM
  #463
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB
 
dingbathero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: St. John's, NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
So how did we trade for Ryan?
Vora +

Also would NOT want Knuble back.... I'd rather Jay Pandolfo.

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 09:24 AM
  #464
feedingschennzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
So how did we trade for Ryan?
Voracek Mez and if we had to a small pick or prospect.

feedingschennzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 09:28 AM
  #465
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
Also would NOT want Knuble back.... I'd rather Jay Pandolfo.
Don't want either player to be quite frank.


Quote:
Originally Posted by cdugan View Post
Voracek Mez and if we had to a small pick or prospect.
Would be nice but i don't think Murray will agree to that trade. He wants a higher return. At the moment it doesn't look to be a bad situation right now in Anaheim where the asking price would drop. I don't think Ryan will be moved unless the supreme offer comes to Murray. He still has the cards in his hands unless Ryan starts showing any discontent.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 09:03 PM
  #466
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 11,701
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuioIklo View Post
Needs more Giroux.
The rest of the Girouxs were traded for Weber.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 10:42 PM
  #467
ninetynine*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Behind you...
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
Vora +

Also would NOT want Knuble back.... I'd rather Jay Pandolfo.
Yeahhhh, Anaheim's not doing that deal

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 08:58 PM
  #468
jd2210
Registered Non User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Great White North
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,461
vCash: 500
So TSN has our 4th line center as being Betts. Do they know something we don't or are they just that out of touch with reality?

jd2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 10:36 PM
  #469
lancer247
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,880
vCash: 500
Hartnell - Giroux - Voracek
Schenn - Briere - Simmonds
Read - Coots - Rusty
Talbot -Arnott - Wellwood/Sestito

Kimo - Mez
Coburn - Schenn
Grossman - Gervais/Bourdon

Bryz
Leighton

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 01:41 PM
  #470
BleedOrange
Future Star
 
BleedOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Oshawa Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,920
vCash: 500
Sarah Baicker ‏@sbaickerCSN

RT @dshoalts Shane Doan wants $30-million over four years if he leaves Phoenix Coyotes, source says. That will scare off more than Detroit

BleedOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 01:46 PM
  #471
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange View Post
Sarah Baicker ‏@sbaickerCSN

RT @dshoalts Shane Doan wants $30-million over four years if he leaves Phoenix Coyotes, source says. That will scare off more than Detroit
Mother of god

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 02:06 PM
  #472
YuioIklo
Registered User
 
YuioIklo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Quebec
Country: Martinique
Posts: 1,342
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
So TSN has our 4th line center as being Betts. Do they know something we don't or are they just that out of touch with reality?
Weird. I wouldn't be against the idea if Betts was healthy, but I don't think he is. The guy is likely done, sadly.

YuioIklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 09:54 AM
  #473
RoDu
Registered User
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,354
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange View Post
Sarah Baicker ‏@sbaickerCSN

RT @dshoalts Shane Doan wants $30-million over four years if he leaves Phoenix Coyotes, source says. That will scare off more than Detroit
sweet swizzling skidmarks what the Helheim is wrong with this guy?

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 02:15 PM
  #474
ninetynine*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Behind you...
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,730
vCash: 500
Guys, stop making insane trades for Ryan and co., teams will export more back than Vora and a 1st, and in fact, the Ducks wouldn't pull the deal without Couts, which means the deal won't happen, so get Ryan out of your heads.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Danny Briere ($6.500m) / Shane Doan ($7.400m)
Ruslan Fedotenko ($1.750m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jakub Voracek ($4.250m)
Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Wayne Simmonds ($1.750m)
Zac Rinaldo ($0.544m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Matt Read ($0.900m)
Jody Shelley ($1.100m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m) / Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m)
Braydon Coburn ($4.500m) / Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m)
Luke Schenn ($3.600m) / Andreas Lilja ($0.738m)
Bruno Gervais ($0.825m) /
GOALTENDERS
Ilya Bryzgalov ($5.667m)
Michael Leighton ($0.900m)
BUYOUTS
Oskars Bartulis ($0.100m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $68,541,944; BONUSES: $2,705,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,658,056

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 02:34 PM
  #475
Tripod
Registered User
 
Tripod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,388
vCash: 500
This year is the year that I say we should build our future top 6. Go with:

Brayden Schenn ($3.110m)/ Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jakub Voracek ($4.250m
Matt Read ($0.900m)/ Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Wayne Simmonds ($1.750m)
Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Danny Briere ($6.500m) / Wellwood
Ruslan Fedotenko/ Maxime Talbot / Zac Rinaldo ($0.544m)

Braydon Coburn ($4.500m) / Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m)
Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m)/Luke Schenn ($3.600m)
Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m) / Bruno Gervais ($0.825

Tripod is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.