HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

11'/12' Offseason/Trades/Proposals: FOR CRYING OUT LOUD WHERE ARE THE RUMORS!??

Closed Thread

Old
07-22-2012, 09:10 AM
LaPlante94

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
He was MVP for the Marlies for like one and a half series. The same could be said for D'Amigo as well.. People really get far too excited for one player.

Frattin showed signs, but he didn't show the same signs in the NHL. Hopefully he's working his tail off and coming in a better player..

I'm getting prepared for the herds of people coming in here sometime next year saying we should've traded this guy..
Didn't show the same signs in the NHL? He came into the NHL straight from college and got off to a slow start scoring wise which was expected but lit it up near the end of the season.

IMO Joe Thornton is one of the better power forwards in the league but my favorite is Corey Perry

Old
07-22-2012, 09:14 AM
samwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPlante94 View Post
Didn't show the same signs in the NHL? He came into the NHL straight from college and got off to a slow start scoring wise which was expected but lit it up near the end of the season.

IMO Joe Thornton is one of the better power forwards in the league but my favorite is Corey Perry
Lit it up...? How do you define lighting it up haha?

Old
07-22-2012, 09:32 AM
Drew311
Catch The Taste

Tumbleweeds.

Old
07-22-2012, 09:53 AM
DirtyDion03
Big Wheel

vCash: 166
Quote:

He didn't light up the NHL at all. Maybe the AHL at the end of the year.. But don't kid yourself.

Old
07-22-2012, 10:20 AM
LetzgoEggo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Tumbleweeds.
Honestly!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=iIIuR-HjFho

It's either the new CBA that is stalling talks or an old fashioned Mexican standoff.

Old
07-22-2012, 10:34 AM
Marco Esquandolas
Registered Abuser

vCash: 1170

Old
07-22-2012, 10:35 AM
LaPlante94

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwitch View Post
Lit it up...? How do you define lighting it up haha?
He played like 70 games maybe a little more and it took him like 30+ games to score his 1st goal I believe so once he got that 1st goal he got a lot of confidence and started scoring a lot more. Would of scored like that all year could of easily had a 20 goal season

Old
07-22-2012, 10:47 AM
LaPlante94

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
He didn't light up the NHL at all. Maybe the AHL at the end of the year.. But don't kid yourself.
You must forget he came straight to the NHL from college. He still scored 8 goals and all 8 of those came in his last 40 games because it took him like 30+ games to pot his 1st.

Old
07-22-2012, 11:04 AM
samwitch

Quote:
He played like 70 games maybe a little more and it took him like 30+ games to score his 1st goal I believe so once he got that 1st goal he got a lot of confidence and started scoring a lot more. Would of scored like that all year could of easily had a 20 goal season
did not light it up in any shape or form. I like Frattin, but you're reaching. Maybe he played better or improved as the season went on, but his play wasn't as good as you are making it out to be lol.

Old
07-22-2012, 11:12 AM
ItsOurGame

Quote:
Frattin played 56 games and had 5 goals over his last 30 game, equaling a .16 goals per game pace, or 13.6 goals over an 82 game period. Don't make things up.

Old
07-22-2012, 11:13 AM
SteveV*

Frattin was playing quite well towards end of the year. Watched a game on LaughableTV the other day, Frattin and Grabo dominated every shift. People slagging Frattin are pretty clueless, thankfully our management understands.

Frattin is a top six forward, and I won't be surprised in the least if he pots 25 this year if given any PP time. Speed, great board play, heavy shot, defensively responsible, physical, what more do you want? Guy comes out of college and people expect instant gratification. Asinine.

Old
07-22-2012, 11:23 AM
Pyromaniac3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
Frattin was playing quite well towards end of the year. Watched a game on LaughableTV the other day, Frattin and Grabo dominated every shift. People slagging Frattin are pretty clueless, thankfully our management understands.

Frattin is a top six forward, and I won't be surprised in the least if he pots 25 this year if given any PP time. Speed, great board play, heavy shot, defensively responsible, physical, what more do you want? Guy comes out of college and people expect instant gratification. Asinine.
We are not putting any expectations on him. Some of you guys are overrating to the point where he is better than Kulemin. Kulemin in his worst season was better offensively while being superior in every other department.

Old
07-22-2012, 11:30 AM
Drew311
Catch The Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromaniac3 View Post
We are not putting any expectations on him. Some of you guys are overrating to the point where he is better than Kulemin. Kulemin in his worst season was better offensively while being superior in every other department.
By the time Frattin has 300 NHL games under his belt there is a good chance he'll be a better player than Kulemin.

Old
07-22-2012, 11:31 AM
LaPlante94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromaniac3 View Post
How many NHL seasons has Kulemin had compared to Frattin? Frattin came straight from college to the NHL pretty much and still put up 8 goals in 56 games. College players usually take a few years to make a impact in the NHL and even though he didn't make much of an impact he put up pretty good numbers. .

Old
07-22-2012, 11:33 AM
Drew311
Catch The Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by joffreyLUUPUL View Post
"The calm before the storm"

The Toronto Maple Leafs Sign Keith Aucoin.

Will be really good for the Marlies. Puts up huge numbers in the AHL.

Old
07-22-2012, 12:21 PM
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzie View Post
I will say, initially using the term 'prototypical' was not the best choice of words on my part. None the less, I consider him a power forward type player - particularly when viewed against the rest of the Leaf roster - which was my original point. He's played 57 games in the NHL? I certainly expect his game to continue to evolve and IMO he will be a solid PF in this league. I don't think it's "downright stupidity" to expect that. Biggs could be promising in a few years, but will have to show he can actually score at the NHL level and I think Ashton will struggle to make any real contribution to this team. Whatever the definition, this team needs a PF or two and I wouldn't trade/package a young player who has that potential without getting one in return.
OK, we agree then. Frattin is not a prototypical PF but not being classified as such doesn't take away from his value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
So apparently Dustin Brown is not a power forward, but Pacioretty is? Alright then.
Note the use of the term "prototypical". Brown is 10lbs heavier than Kadri and the same height. That is not prototypical PF size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
It's not like there is a cut off in size when classifying a power forward. It is the style of game that they play. If they are physical, can drive the net and use their strength to work effectively in the dirty areas, they should be considered a power forward. Dustin Brown is a power forward.
Not everyone who plays physical is a prototypical power forward.

Closed Thread