HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We Need to Trade for Voracek's Rights

Old
07-21-2012, 05:49 PM
hockeydoug

vCash: 500
I like Voracek, but I'm not sure how much use he is to the Hawks overall. He's big but definitely not effective in the physical game, he's not very good (no better than Stalberg) at winning loose pucks, and he's more of a playmaker than a scoring forward. Besides he's best as a right wing and I believe he's lefty shot.

He probably makes the Hawks better right now because his cap hit won't be in the way, but if the Hawks were to compete for him in a trade, I don't think it's worthwhile. Signing him to a multiyear deal at the price he'll command doesn't make much sense for the team right now in my opinion.

hockeydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 06:12 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
I am high on him. I think he'll be very solid someday, but he should not start in the top-six. I used to slate him into there as a lock, but he should start on the third line.
I think Bolland could probably show him a thing or two about playing the grittier more defensive side of the game. Upside is that Bolland and Saad have plenty of offensive tools between them and could put up some points.

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 06:41 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Lol, what makes you think Bowman will actually trade for an impact player? The Hawks are by all accounts done with their offseason moves.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 03:41 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Lol, what makes you think Bowman will actually trade for an impact player? The Hawks are by all accounts done with their offseason moves.
that's why they made Doan an offer and now have to wait for his decision? Like we still could add Doan, Luongo & Voracek to what we have

At first Bowman waited for Parise, now he has to wait for Doan. Nothing wrong with that. Why make a trade when you can get a good player without giving up assets. That's a really stupid concept

We should go and get Hartnell, not Voracek

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 09:06 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
that's why they made Doan an offer and now have to wait for his decision? Like we still could add Doan, Luongo & Voracek to what we have

At first Bowman waited for Parise, now he has to wait for Doan. Nothing wrong with that. Why make a trade when you can get a good player without giving up assets. That's a really stupid concept

Agreed but why would Philly trade him? They are trying to win the Cup this year.

Illinihockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 10:15 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I know, but the Cap won't stay that high and if they get Weber, they need to trade a player for sure. A player with 3.5 million or more.

Meszaros
Briere
Hartnell
Coburn

They want a good D, I doubt it will be Mez or Coburn. Briere or Hartnell? Voracek who is younger and not a UFA to be?

I think we could finally realize a trade with futures for NHL talent with the Flyers. Morin + + for Hartnell

They need to get cheap promising players back without adding much salary. Voracek was the main piece of the Carter trade too

Old
07-22-2012, 11:22 AM
Hawkaholic

Pass, another type of player Chicago doesn't need.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 11:39 AM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
I know, but the Cap won't stay that high and if they get Weber, they need to trade a player for sure. A player with 3.5 million or more.

Meszaros
Briere
Hartnell
Coburn

They want a good D, I doubt it will be Mez or Coburn. Briere or Hartnell? Voracek who is younger and not a UFA to be?

I think we could finally realize a trade with futures for NHL talent with the Flyers. Morin + + for Hartnell

They need to get cheap promising players back without adding much salary. Voracek was the main piece of the Carter trade too
Hartnell is exactly what the Flyers need. He has good chemistry with G, doubt they trade him. Briere is the ultimate playoff performer, fan favorite, has NTC and iirc, he's custody has him staying i Philadelphia or something like that. He's not going anywhere. Coburn is very solid, probably will be Weber's pair if they get him.

Basically leaves Meszaros and Voracek. I think they prefer to dump Meszaros, they don't need him as much. 4 mil on 3rd pairing Dman? They can also replace him more easily, with Gustafsson/Bourdon/Gervais/Manning.

Voracek is also possibility if Meszaros alone won't get it done.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 12:00 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:

Give me a break - sources indicate that the Hawks are not even among the remaining teams still talking with Doan. He's not coming here.

Get Hartnell how, exactly? Philly isn't letting go of a guy who just scored 37 goals. Voracek is a more realistic option.

Old
07-22-2012, 02:00 PM
Hawkaholic

Wait till next year and offer sheet Simmonds.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 02:00 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Wait till next year and offer sheet Simmonds.
That guy is awesome.

Cullksinikers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 02:16 PM
ndgt10

One of the most conservative GM's in the league (Bowman) and we are talking about offer sheets? Come on now!

ndgt10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 02:19 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndgt10 View Post
One of the most conservative GM's in the league (Bowman) and we are talking about offer sheets? Come on now!
No, we aren't talking about them.

I suggested we trade for his rights. If Weber and Doan are in Philly, Voracek is out. Do you think Holmgren will not explore trading his rights and just take compensation for a potential OS that may not even happen?

Old
07-22-2012, 02:28 PM
ndgt10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
No, we aren't talking about them.

I suggested we trade for his rights. If Weber and Doan are in Philly, Voracek is out. Do you think Holmgren will not explore trading his rights and just take compensation for a potential OS that may not even happen?
If they get Weber I don't see them adding Doan. Even if they did get both, they would move Meszaros way before Voracek.

ndgt10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 02:39 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndgt10 View Post
If they get Weber I don't see them adding Doan. Even if they did get both, they would move Meszaros way before Voracek.
The second part is true.

Old
07-22-2012, 05:32 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Give me a break - sources indicate that the Hawks are not even among the remaining teams still talking with Doan. He's not coming here.

Get Hartnell how, exactly? Philly isn't letting go of a guy who just scored 37 goals. Voracek is a more realistic option.
sources say? they never said we are out and don't have a chance to get Doan.
I agree that he's not coming here but Bowman waits until Doan signs.

Old
07-22-2012, 06:15 PM
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Hartnell is exactly what the Flyers need. He has good chemistry with G, doubt they trade him. Briere is the ultimate playoff performer, fan favorite, has NTC and iirc, he's custody has him staying i Philadelphia or something like that. He's not going anywhere. Coburn is very solid, probably will be Weber's pair if they get him.
Basically leaves Meszaros and Voracek. I think they prefer to dump Meszaros, they don't need him as much. 4 mil on 3rd pairing Dman? They can also replace him more easily, with Gustafsson/Bourdon/Gervais/Manning.

Voracek is also possibility if Meszaros alone won't get it done.
25 P, 20:39 TOI/G, +6, 33rd in hits among D-men (in 62 games)...sounds like someone the Hawks could use on the 2nd pairing.

CPHawksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 06:51 PM
madgoat33

I'd love meszaros or coburn

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 07:57 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
sources say? they never said we are out and don't have a chance to get Doan.
I agree that he's not coming here but Bowman waits until Doan signs.
You will defend this guy to no end... sources have listed the teams "still in the running," and they do not include Chicago.

Bowman isn't sitting around doing nothing because he's "waiting until Doan signs." He's sitting around doing nothing because he's conservative to a fault and somehow thinks the exact same roster as last year is going to be much better the next year.

He made a halfhearted effort for Doan (as far as we know, a single offer was made and that's it since). Hooray, points to him. Now, after seemingly hundreds of signings and more than a few trades in the NHL this offseason, the Hawks come away with no one.

Old
07-22-2012, 08:03 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
The "wish list". If you don't know what that means, better to keep your yap shut.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 08:04 PM
TwistedWrister90

i'd be happy with simmonds. hits, good on the PP, can knock some crackas out. could see him putting up 50 points.

maybe shaw bolland simmonds?

hartnell is who i'd really want on the hawks though

TwistedWrister90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 08:32 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
You guys are dreaming if you think this Philly guys will come cheap. I say go after them for sure but price will be rate.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 04:02 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

but they would be worth it... other than Jagr or Whitney.

Now we need to go after Dubinsky