HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Arnott to Nashville?

Old
07-22-2012, 01:37 PM
UConn126
Bass Player.

vCash: 500
Arnott to Nashville?

With Weber being a huge question mark for the Preds right now, do you think they consider bringing back their ex-captain Jason Arnott? Obviously he's not the same player he used to be, but he could provide some of the leadership lost with Suter and potentially Weber.

Anyone else think Arnott could be a fit with Nashville?

UConn126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 01:39 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Since Radulov isn't returning it's definitely possible...

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 01:51 PM
Boondock

I'm hoping the Canucks will try to get Arnott on one of those inexpensive 1-year Vet deals from a player who might be looking at 1 last shot at a cup. 1 - year $2 Million, an opportunity to be the 2nd line C while Kesler is out and a rock solid veteran 3rd line C for a cup run. If that doesn't happen then I'm okay with him going back to the Preds, but do they need C's with Legwand/Fisher/Wilson (I know he plays wing too)/ Guastad/Smith - seems a little redundant.

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 01:55 PM
Lifetimebluesfan

I wanted the Blues to bring him back and have suggested they should in these boards, but apparently there are reports he left the team early in the LA series because they benched him.. I hope he goes for one more year somewhere, but STL wont be the place

Lifetimebluesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 02:10 PM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifetimebluesfan View Post
I wanted the Blues to bring him back and have suggested they should in these boards, but apparently there are reports he left the team early in the LA series because they benched him.. I hope he goes for one more year somewhere, but STL wont be the place
He looked pretty solid any game I saw him in (not many 3-4) did his play warrant being benched?

Old
07-22-2012, 02:15 PM
Boxscore
pre-Dead Puck Era

This makes a lot of sense and is exactly something "like" the Predators would/should do when they move on post-Weber and Suter.

They will end up returning some of the Flyers compensation picks to them for players (Read, Meszaros, Gustafsson) and adding Arnott and a couple other character/leader types via free agency will be necessary from a cap floor standpoint as well as a team chemistry standpoint.

Arnott
Read
Meszaros
Gustafsson

Would just be the beginning of the roster rebuild.

Young players like Ryan Ellis, Jon Blum and Roman Josi will take on more significant roles as well. Hal Gill will be among the leadership group with players such as a Jason Arnott.

Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 02:16 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
He looked pretty solid any game I saw him in (not many 3-4) did his play warrant being benched?
It was about a dispute about practicing. Arnott didn't want to practice, and Hitchcock didn't like that.

He clearly showed his age as the season went on, but in the right situation with the right linemates, he can still be somewhat effective.

He is nothing more than a 3rd line center, and will need a defensive winger to handle some of the defensive duties.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 02:18 PM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
It was about a dispute about practicing. Arnott didn't want to practice, and Hitchcock didn't like that.

He clearly showed his age as the season went on, but in the right situation with the right linemates, he can still be somewhat effective.

He is nothing more than a 3rd line center, and will need a defensive winger to handle some of the defensive duties.
Hansen and Higgins?

Old
07-22-2012, 02:26 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Didn't he leave Nashville on a bad note? I can't see him returning there.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 02:35 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
Hansen and Higgins?
If they can play the role of center in the defensive end, then they would be fine. Arnott was pretty much a winger on the defensive end with us and defended one of the defensemen.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 03:30 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Not only is there no room for him in Nashville, he is regarded as our worst captain in history and didn't leave on the greatest terms. He should go play with Dumont in the Swiss league

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 04:01 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Not only is there no room for him in Nashville, he is regarded as our worst captain in history and didn't leave on the greatest terms. He should go play with Dumont in the Swiss league
How did he leave? I really don't know.

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 04:09 PM
zachws6

vCash: 1480
I enjoyed him in a Blues sweater this past season. I'd think he could still have an effective role. He is slow, but sees the ice very well and causes some havoc in front of the net.

zachws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 04:13 PM
Oshie97

I don't know why but he seems to always leave on bad terms with teams. He had a pretty solid yr but I'm not sure he has enough to be affective in the playoffs unless he signs mid season.

Oshie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 04:17 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
How did he leave? I really don't know.
It wasn't as dramatic as the stories from St Louis but Nashville basically asked him to waive his NTC because the team had moved on. He had 1 year left. He was traded for a 2nd and Halischuk

He wasn't a good captain or leader, from what I could tell. Obviously I wasn't there so I really have no clue, but just my opinion.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote