HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fantasy Hockey Talk

Old
07-21-2012, 01:31 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 50
Another question, with Jags and JVR out, Voracek will be probably be on the top line. If he plays with G all season, he should have a career year. What kind of realistic projections do you guys expect from him, 60-65 points?

I have Voracek in my pool also. And if Weber ends up in Philly, I already have a deal in place to flip Petro for Weber. I'm a huge Flyers fan, their my 2nd team behind the Flames.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 01:33 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
I love the main boards

From an avalanche fan : Couturier wouldn't crack their lineup because he is a 4th line player

edit : also said landeskog was better defensively
What a load of garbage, Couturier would be battling Statsny for their 2nd line job.

Old
07-21-2012, 01:34 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1#post52792431

Pens fans actually think they got better through some twisted logic. lol.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 01:43 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Another question, with Jags and JVR out, Voracek will be probably be on the top line. If he plays with G all season, he should have a career year. What kind of realistic projections do you guys expect from him, 60-65 points?

I have Voracek in my pool also. And if Weber ends up in Philly, I already have a deal in place to flip Petro for Weber. I'm a huge Flyers fan, their my 2nd team behind the Flames.
With voracek having a full year with Giroux, he could get 60-65 points.. But we are also interested in Doan.. So he could end up being the 1st line RW

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 01:53 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
With voracek having a full year with Giroux, he could get 60-65 points.. But we are also interested in Doan.. So he could end up being the 1st line RW
True, but Doan is not a top line RW anymore. He is an ideal 2nd line RW. He has slowed down somewhat over the last couple years, but he still adds alot of grit and character and can produce offense, hence why he is perfect for the 2nd line slot.

But Doan seems like the kind of guy that Lavy would love, so maybe he DOES slot in on the 1st. Personally, I think Voracek would be a much better option there.

Old
07-21-2012, 01:55 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
True, but Doan is not a top line RW anymore. He is an ideal 2nd line RW. He has slowed down somewhat over the last couple years, but he still adds alot of grit and character and can produce offense, hence why he is perfect for the 2nd line slot.

But Doan seems like the kind of guy that Lavy would love, so maybe he DOES slot in on the 1st. Personally, I think Voracek would be a much better option there.
Doan at his worst is still slightly better than Voracek at his best. We need someone who can put up more goals with giroux and Doan has a better chance of doing that..

Personally, I'd prefer Semin on Giroux's wing

Old
07-21-2012, 02:24 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Doan at his worst is still slightly better than Voracek at his best. We need someone who can put up more goals with giroux and Doan has a better chance of doing that..

I agree with that, but I will say that Doan plays a grinding style and I wonder if at the age of 35-36 if he'll be able to keep up with Giroux all season. Voracek has younger legs and may be a better option? Regardless, Doan would be a great fit in Philly.

And yeah, Semin and Giroux would be scary as hell for the rest of the NHL.

Old
07-22-2012, 09:08 AM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 300
This Landeskog vs Couturier thread is hilarious.

King Forsberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 09:12 AM
FLYERMANIAA

So as i understand it they can be two separate deals the Flyers sign him...then lets say send voracek and read...draft picks or minor league talent to save face and or clear cap space for the Flyers as some have speculated...thanks for you thoughts guys.. you guys may have already discussed this just catching up...

Quote:

I respectfully disagree doan is far superior...as a leader and scorer...put him on a line with giroux and or briere its not close...Voracek will never reach the level of play doan has in his career...of course his down fall now is his age...

Last edited by SnS: 07-22-2012 at 03:04 PM.
FLYERMANIAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 09:19 AM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERMANIAA View Post
I respectfully disagree doan is far superior...as a leader and scorer...put him on a line with giroux and or briere its not close...Voracek will never reach the level of play doan has in his career...of course his down fall now is his age...
YOu just agreed with what I said

Old
07-22-2012, 09:20 AM
FLYERMANIAA

oops my bad...thought you said he was slightly better...

really doesnt matter i dont believe philly is a destination for him...its just a feeling i have...

Nice to be on these boards its been a while...lots of great hockey talk and insight here...

Last edited by SnS: 07-22-2012 at 03:03 PM.
FLYERMANIAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 09:25 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Nice to be on these boards its been a while...lots of great hockey talk and insight here...
Just wait... If you are around for the season and once one losing streak begins, this place goes up in flames and all rational goes straight out the window.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 11:43 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Yeah they should be fired since half their team had mental malfunctions against us in the Playoffs. Also they don't seem to have anybody who can cure Malkin's "ugly" and Cindy's crying disease..

Quote:
Pens dismiss medical staff

While teams have been busy signing players and reshaping their squads this off-season, the Penguins have made some drastic changes, but not to their roster.

Instead, Pittsburgh cleaned house with their medical staff.

The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported, via ProHockeyTalk, that the Penguins fired their entire medical staff, which was led by Dr. Charles Burke, the team’s head physician since 1988.

“Burke, 57, who oversaw center Sidney Crosby’s concussion treatment and Mario Lemieux’s career-long back problems, told the Tribune-Review on Thursday night he was informed July 10 that he and the team’s medical staff were being dismissed,” wrote Rob Rossi and Josh Yohe of the Tribune-Review.

"Burke twice cleared Crosby to return to play last season, but Crosby has played in only 63 regular-season games dating to January 2011, when he suffered his concussion.

"Michael Collins, a clinical psychologist with extensive neuropsychology training who heads the UPMC Sports Medicine Concussion Program, also played a key role in Crosby’s treatment for this injury."

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-phil...757&feedID=695

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 12:59 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Thats your opinion but not fact. Doan has never been considered a prolific scorer, but rather more of a consistent and reliable contributor. He has broke 70pts only twice in his lengthy career. To say that at Voracek's young age that he will never be accomplish that I think is a little premature. Voracek's numbers at this point in his career are actually quite similar to Doan's when he was that age. He could very well develop into a player that puts up similar numbers.

In a keeper pool, who would you guys keep between Voracek and Couturier?

Old
07-22-2012, 04:04 PM
A Clerk
Schennergy

i have a general question about players coming out of college, what are the chances of a player going undrafted and playing all four years then getting on an nhl squad?

A Clerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 05:55 PM
Krishna

Matt Read

Old
07-22-2012, 06:17 PM
A Clerk
Schennergy

Quote:
Matt Read
yes that was the example I was thinking about, but it is a pretty uncommon thing no?

Old
07-22-2012, 06:36 PM
Krishna

Was St Louis undrafted?

Old
07-22-2012, 06:43 PM
A Clerk
Schennergy

Quote:
Was St Louis undrafted?
i believe so, I am not too educated on the American college players and their route to the NHL

Old
07-22-2012, 07:08 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Clerk View Post
i believe so, I am not too educated on the American college players and their route to the NHL
Most are usually drafted then go to college and after a year or two come to the NHL/AHL

very few go the ****** bag way that schultz went

Old
07-22-2012, 07:08 PM
Appleyard

vCash: 165
More common than you think actually, there are quite a few every year signed after 4years at college and not being drafted, and a decent percentage end up playing in the NHL, here are some notable ones who played 4 years at college:

Dan Boyle, Martin St. Louis, Brian Rafalski, Dwayne Roloson, John Madden, Jeff Halpern, Jason Blake, Matt Gilroy, Steven Reinprecht, Andy Greene, Brett Lebda, Rene Bourque, Stephen Gionta, Mathieu Darche, Mark Cullen, Mike Weaver, Joel Ward, Wade Dubielewicz, Keith Aucoin, Ty Conklin, (technically... 4 years at college, only played in 3 of them due to transfer rules), Ben Holmstrom, Harry Z, Jason Krog, Thomas Pock, Tom Preissing, Tim Stapleton, Aaron Volpatti...

Pretty decent list really.

Adam Oates played 3 and was undrafted as well.

The Flyers especially sign maybe 1 a year.

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 08:21 AM
Krishna

Slovak newspaper is quoting Lubo Visnovsky saying two interesting things (http://sport.sme.sk/c/6467071/visnov...o-satanom.html).

First one is a hint that Islanders are interested in Miro Satan: "Garth Snow called me that they are in negotiations with Miroslav Satan. I probably should not tell this to the media, but he told me that they are trying to persuade him to return to Long Island, where he played in the past."

I take this with a grain of salt, however the second part of the article is really interested. Apparently, Visnovsky believes that there is a problem with his trade to the Islanders. In his contract (originally signed with the Kings), there was a clause that in the 5th year of his contract he could only be traded to a team from a 10-team list that he provides. The Ducks did not get any list from him. He says that the Ducks believe that this clause is no longer valid, since he waived his no-trade clause when he was traded from Edmonton. He also says that the NHLPA does not agree with this and he (Visnovsky) with his agent are considering to apply for an arbitration to invalidate the trade.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:12 AM
Krishna

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Versteeg settles. 4 year deal.

and

TEAM 1200 ‏@TEAM1200Ottawa
Kaspars Daugavins gets 1 year, 1 way contract with #Sens. Worth 635K.

Old
07-23-2012, 10:14 AM
4thline4life
The Mased God

Quote:
Slovak newspaper is quoting Lubo Visnovsky saying two interesting things (http://sport.sme.sk/c/6467071/visnov...o-satanom.html).

First one is a hint that Islanders are interested in Miro Satan: "Garth Snow called me that they are in negotiations with Miroslav Satan. I probably should not tell this to the media, but he told me that they are trying to persuade him to return to Long Island, where he played in the past."

I take this with a grain of salt, however the second part of the article is really interested. Apparently, Visnovsky believes that there is a problem with his trade to the Islanders. In his contract (originally signed with the Kings), there was a clause that in the 5th year of his contract he could only be traded to a team from a 10-team list that he provides. The Ducks did not get any list from him. He says that the Ducks believe that this clause is no longer valid, since he waived his no-trade clause when he was traded from Edmonton. He also says that the NHLPA does not agree with this and he (Visnovsky) with his agent are considering to apply for an arbitration to invalidate the trade.
haha, poor islanders, no one ever wants to be traded there.

4thline4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 01:11 PM
Krishna

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Rick Nash trade to New York Rangers in process now. Details to follow.