HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tickets for Devils/Rangers still avail

Old
04-20-2006, 09:06 PM
nyrmessier011

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
The game starts at 3

Saturday is suppose to be a real crappy day also, cold in the 40's and rain.
next sun game 5 on April 30...isn't it a 6 oclock game?

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2006, 09:09 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011
next sun game 5 on April 30...isn't it a 6 oclock game?

Oh my fault, I guess I just read someone talking about going to game 1 and then got your post mixed up and thought you were talking about Saturdays game.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2006, 10:11 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Haha, are there really still tickets left?

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2006, 10:13 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription
Haha, are there really still tickets left?
Yep, go buy some.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2006, 10:15 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
Yep, go buy some.
I already have games 1, 5, and 7!!

If I could make game 2, I would go. But I have a class that I CANNOT miss that night

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2006, 10:21 PM
Balej20*

Quote:

If I could make game 2, I would go. But I have a class that I CANNOT miss that night
boo to class

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2006, 10:23 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:

Nah its ok...its just obvious that your not a real Ranger fan.

jk

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2006, 10:26 PM
Block More Shots

Quote:

I was thinking about going crazy and buying game 5 tix too (I already have game 2 tickets) but there are none on ticketmaster anymore. Only Game 7 tickets available and I will go buy 2 or 3 if I think there's a chance (I know there's a refund option but I'd rather not go through the hassle). I mean, Rangers-Devils happen very rarely so I think everyone should be jumping at the opportunity.

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2006, 10:50 PM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
Ya, earlier today Game 1 tix were still available, I was able to find 4 tix in the 100's together.

RothmanHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2006, 03:16 PM
greasch#4

I'm going to game 1 with a Devils fan... hey he had the tickets. I bet the swamp will be 50/50 Rangers fans/Debbies fans.

greasch#4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2006, 04:28 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92hatchattack
uyes sir!!! where u sitting .... man, rangers to devils fans is going to be 1:1..... those devils fans are pathetic!!!
That's totaly BS man, I mean why are we pathetic, because our fanbase is small? Small it is it's still a loyal dedicated bunch in every way the Ranger fans are for their team, it's not out fault we have only a fraction of what yours is, to call us pathetic is classless and uncalled for.

04-21-2006, 05:16 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God
That's totaly BS man, I mean why are we pathetic, because our fanbase is small? Small it is it's still a loyal dedicated bunch in every way the Ranger fans are for their team, it's not out fault we have only a fraction of what yours is, to call us pathetic is classless and uncalled for.
i'm not going to call anyone pathetic...but it is weak that they can't get 19,000 or so of their fans to attend playoff games or even a once in a lifetime # retirement ceremony. it's kind of like the atlanta braves...despite winning the division for over a decade straight they could barely sell out their early round playoff games. not exactly a great fanbase. while i agree that you may only have a fraction of the Rangers fanbase are you really telling me you don't even have enough to sell 19,040 seats per game? if not than maybe the organization should consider relocating.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2006, 05:23 PM
NYR469

Quote:
i have respect for all the true, diehard fans that show up all year long and whether there are 20,000 or 20 i'll respect that group because they are true fans. the part that is pathetic is the fact that 12,000 show up during the regular season and then nj gets to the finals and suddenly 19,000 people are there, everyone and their mother is walking around with devil jerseys on. those are the people that are sad and are the ones that give a bad name to true devil fans like yourself. if you are one of the REAL fans than i don't consider you a part of the 'joke' group.

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2006, 05:30 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue
i'm not going to call anyone pathetic...but it is weak that they can't get 19,000 or so of their fans to attend playoff games or even a once in a lifetime # retirement ceremony. it's kind of like the atlanta braves...despite winning the division for over a decade straight they could barely sell out their early round playoff games. not exactly a great fanbase. while i agree that you may only have a fraction of the Rangers fanbase are you really telling me you don't even have enough to sell 19,040 seats per game? if not than maybe the organization should consider relocating.
They sold out both retirement ceremonies, Dano's was almost sold out in a month in advance, I know because I tried getting tickets.

But keep in mind that we have one of the most expensive ticket prices - no idea why - me and brother bought tickets upstairs in the corner for $60 bucks a piece, that's insane, you want to take your family of four to a Devils hockey game it could cost you $250 bucks before you even walk into the door. If you have a huge fanbase like the Ranger, Habs, Leafs and Wings for instance I could understand the jacking up the prices, but when you have a small fanbase it makes so sense to drive up the prices the way the Devils do.

Me and my brother went to just about every playoff game in 2003 and it ended up costing us each almost $1500 bucks when everything is said and done, that's a huge chunk of change to spend watching one team play hockey and that's just the playoffs.

The fanbase is there, believe me, there is just not enough of them willing to be taken to the cleaners.

Ronnie Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2006, 05:39 PM
EventHorizon
Bring Back Ties!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerSteve
Section 217 right here!!!! Anybody else going to be going nuts? I sure as hell hope we see a lot of Ranger fans there like normal. If we take Game 1 regardless of hte margin of victory, it sure as hell will put hte Devils and their fans back into a shell.
Section 217 huh. Good Luck dude.

EventHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2006, 05:59 PM
nyray

Thanks for the heads up...just got 2 in section 128 row 17 a few seconds ago

nyray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2006, 06:44 PM
NYR469

lmao i just checked and found 2 tix in section 126, better seats than i got last night

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2006, 10:57 PM
g52*

Send a message via AIM to g52*
Quote:
They sold out both retirement ceremonies, Dano's was almost sold out in a month in advance, I know because I tried getting tickets.

But keep in mind that we have one of the most expensive ticket prices - no idea why - me and brother bought tickets upstairs in the corner for $60 bucks a piece, that's insane, you want to take your family of four to a Devils hockey game it could cost you $250 bucks before you even walk into the door. If you have a huge fanbase like the Ranger, Habs, Leafs and Wings for instance I could understand the jacking up the prices, but when you have a small fanbase it makes so sense to drive up the prices the way the Devils do.
Well the way they can get away with that is the cheap lower bowl seats. I would kill to have seats at the lower bowl in the Garden that cheap.

g52* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2006, 05:33 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

here's the parts I don't understand

Quote:

Me and my brother went to just about every playoff game in 2003 and it ended up costing us each almost $1500 bucks when everything is said and done, that's a huge chunk of change to spend watching one team play hockey and that's just the playoffs.

The fanbase is there, believe me, there is just not enough of them willing to be taken to the cleaners.
NJ has one of the largest, if not the largest per captia incomes in the country. So people's affordability is somewhat of a question, unless of course the fan base is on the lower end of the financial spectrum. NJD's have been around now for many, many years so the rationale of why they have a small fan base is rather hard to digest let alone fanthom at this point in time.

The 2nd question is that every devil fan has come to the conclusion that with the new building there will be an increase in their fans attending the game. Initially I believe that to be true. I also believe that eventually the novelty of going to a new building will fade after the 1st or 2nd year. I've read many a devil fan post about how things will be less expensive at the new building. I seriously doubt that. NJD will use the pricelist from the dump and place it on the new arena. If anything I think it will actually be higher. They are going to want to recoup their $100M ASAP.

It is sad though that somewhere around 1/3 of the building is going to be filled with your rivals fans for a huge playoff series. I saw a posting for the final NHL attendance and I was not surprised that NJD ranked in the bottom 5-6. The teams that they were with had absolutely terrible seasons and so you can make excuses for, but NJ? At some point in time that fab base that is loyal is not going to be sufficient to support the franchise financially. While cap issues maybe resolved by an increase in the cap, there remains the ability to spend to the cap limits.

Do you think that either McGillis or Molgilny will be recalled for the playoffs?

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote