HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

BREAKING: Travis Snider traded to Pittsburgh for SP Brad Lincoln

Closed Thread

Old
07-22-2012, 07:28 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

vCash: 500
It's great seeing Snider play well. Here's hoping he's up for good. I'd take him any day over guys like Thames and Davis.

I think Lawrie, Rasmus and Snider will be scary good players for a long time.

07-22-2012, 09:04 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

baltimore just keeps winning

Old
07-22-2012, 09:33 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodman19 View Post
I wonder when Stroman gets promoted to the next level.
I'll take an educated guess and say 6-7 outings total and they'll think about moving him to Lansing. If you figure he'll pitch every 3 days or so, that's almost a month. I'd say if he pitches well in that time he'll see a promotion. Skipping a level is a possible scenario aswell.

Old
07-22-2012, 09:36 PM
Woodman19
#TeamBernier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
I'll take an educated guess and say 6-7 outings total and they'll think about moving him to Lansing. If you figure he'll pitch every 3 days or so, that's almost a month. I'd say if he pitches well in that time he'll see a promotion. Skipping a level is a possible scenario aswell.
New Hampshire next?

Old
07-22-2012, 09:41 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodman19 View Post
New Hampshire next?
It's possible. Who knows.

Old
07-22-2012, 09:44 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
Pretty sure I remember reading somewhere that he would move to AA immediately if he played well in Vancouver and could sell a call-up if he plays well in AA. He isn't necessarily at Vancouver to move up through levels. He is just there to get his feet wet since he hadn't pitched in a while.

Old
07-22-2012, 09:53 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Pretty sure I remember reading somewhere that he would move to AA immediately if he played well in Vancouver and could sell a call-up if he plays well in AA. He isn't necessarily at Vancouver to move up through levels. He is just there to get his feet wet since he hadn't pitched in a while.
Well I'll take your word for. I didn't really hear any specifics as to what they plan to do with him. All I know is that they're trying to get him up to the bigs as soon as they can without ruining his development. I know that sounds contradictory but he's clearly got the maturity and 'stuff' to go with it.

Old
07-22-2012, 10:08 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Looked pretty good on gameday too. Threw just 68 pitches through 6, 50 of which were strikes. 5 of those 8K's were swinging strikes too.
That's the stat that bounced out at me while checking out the boxscore. Only 4 hits aswell.

When would be the appropriate time to move either Sanchez, Nich, Syndi up a level? Not saying they should do so now, but curious what you guys think.

Old
07-22-2012, 10:17 PM
Dwight K Schrute

Quote:
That's the stat that bounced out at me while checking out the boxscore. Only 4 hits aswell.

When would be the appropriate time to move either Sanchez, Nich, Syndi up a level? Not saying they should do so now, but curious what you guys think.
Probably start next season in dunedin.

Old
07-22-2012, 10:35 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Dejong pitched 2 scoreless innings 0h 0bb 2k

Old
07-22-2012, 11:03 PM
91Kadri91

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
Dejong pitched 2 scoreless innings 0h 0bb 2k
Wasn't that yesterday?

Well, I guess a couple days ago now.

Old
07-22-2012, 11:04 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Kadri91 View Post
Wasn't that yesterday?

Well, I guess a couple days ago now.
Likely. I rarely check in on them but noticed him in the boxscore so figured I'd post it as I believe that was his first start

Old
07-22-2012, 11:11 PM
91Kadri91

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
Likely. I rarely check in on them but noticed him in the boxscore so figured I'd post it as I believe that was his first start
No, I'm pretty sure it was second.

Not that it really matters, as what is important is that he's performed very well so far. I'm pretty sure he didn't allow a run in his first appearance either.

Old
07-23-2012, 12:41 AM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Cooper walks it off with a 3run jack in the bottom of the 10th. LV wins 7-5. Nice day for him. 4-4, 2 walks, 1hr, 3rbi.

Sierra's hitting pretty well too. Tonight he was 3-4, a walk, 1hr, 3rbi. Up to 58rbi.

Old
07-23-2012, 08:35 AM
AlienWorkShop
No Ben! No!

Quote:
Cooper walks it off with a 3run jack in the bottom of the 10th. LV wins 7-5. Nice day for him. 4-4, 2 walks, 1hr, 3rbi.
Kind of funny that despite this line: .300/.385/.514, you could argue Cooper is struggling after hitting .364/.439/.535 last year haha. Improved his OPS from .678 to .764 in his time in the majors though, so he's still well on his way to AAAA oblivion.

Other notes:
Nate Robertson's 2 starts with LV:
- 2 IP 6 H 4 R 1 K 0 BB 0 HR
- 1 IP 4 H 3 R 1 K 1 BB 1 HR

He may be on a pitch limit and perhaps there's some bad luck there... but it's probably safe to say this reclamation project has gone bust.

May have been mentioned already, but Mark Sobolewski was called up to LV. 3 for 10 so far. Had a rough start in AA, but his numbers started to shoot up as the year went on. Has hit decently throughout the minors, but can't take a walk.

Sean O'Sullivan's been pitching very well in LV since we acquired him in June. 1.35 ERA 2.78 FIP 0.93 WHIP over 6 starts. His MLB track record is pretty terrible and we're probably settled 4-5 starter-wise for the time being, but something to consider.

It was pretty clear he wasn't ready in the short-time he was with the Jays, but Sam Dyson's NH numbers are still pretty impressive: 0.64 ERA 3.12 FIP 1.04 WHIP

I'd mentioned these two earlier after they were hitting it up in Lansing. Both now in Dunedin and over a short period:
Jon Berti: .233/.313/.367
Kevin Pillar: .348/.348/.522

So who knows, but encouraging to see a couple late round picks deservedly move up. I know nothing about their actual potential, but both have shown base-stealing acumen, which suggests they're athletes too.

Kind of funny to see that Kevin Ahrens and Justin Jackson (recently demoted) are still scuffing it in Dunedin (and struggling). John Tolisano's repeating AA and has an OPS of .745, so, meh.

They're both struggling mightily in Lansing, but I'm always wondering whether Kenny Wilson (.685 OPS) and Gus Pierre (.622 OPS) can turn it around given their physical tools. They're still young, but yeah.

Michael Crouse has an OPS of .468 since his demotion to Lansing. It was probably a bit unfair to lump him and Knecht (.684 OPS with Dunedin) in with Marisnick after they all excelled in Lansing's outfield last year, but disappointing regardless.

KC Hobson, repeating Lansing, has been hitting well since the A-ball all-star game with an OPS of .815 (.914 over his last 10). If I remember right, he had some hype when we signed him.

Chris Hawkins, who I also think had some hype, has managed a decent batting average of .272 in Lansing, but has struggled to get on-base or hit for power, leading to a .674 OPS. He ripped it up in rookie ball, so who knows.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:13 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Snider is playing very well so far.

Lind has also been incredible since returning (.319 AVG, .372 OBP).

Very happy to see these guys turning it around so far. Hope they can keep it up.

Gomes still has a lot of potential too. He's look fairly solid for a first time call-up and a guy most people on this very forum had written off before the season started. As he adapts more, I expect his K numbers to drop a lot - I think he's trying a little too hard because he had so much success right off the bat.

Old
07-23-2012, 11:23 AM
Nazem Gretzky
Eller 4 Selke

Send a message via AIM to Nazem Gretzky
So that Hill for Johnson trade is looking prettty brutal right about now.

Oh, and there are A LOT of good SPs available in FA this year.

I'd like us to get at least 1 of:

Hamels
Grienke
Harden
Jackson
Liriano

Old
07-23-2012, 11:39 AM
shully
Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amazing Ralph View Post

Hamels
Grienke
Harden
Jackson
Liriano
One of those things is not like the others...

Old
07-23-2012, 11:48 AM
Woodman19
#TeamBernier

Quote:

Hamels
Grienke
Harden
Jackson
Liriano
Of that group, Hamels is pretty set on going to the Dodgers , Greinke to Atlanta. Jackson recently fired Scott Boras as his agent and would indicate he wants to stay in Washington. Harden "was" good about 5 years ago and is nothing but an injury prone reliever at this point. Of the list only Liriano I see as a possibility.

You forgot Sanchez with the marlins by the way, hes one of the best availible this year.

Old
07-23-2012, 11:59 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Snider is playing very well so far.

Lind has also been incredible since returning (.319 AVG, .372 OBP).

Very happy to see these guys turning it around so far. Hope they can keep it up.

Gomes still has a lot of potential too. He's look fairly solid for a first time call-up and a guy most people on this very forum had written off before the season started. As he adapts more, I expect his K numbers to drop a lot - I think he's trying a little too hard because he had so much success right off the bat.
Snider and Lind also seem to be pretty good buddies so I think they'll feed off each other. Hopefully, they keep rolling.

Old
07-23-2012, 01:19 PM
captn

Quote:

Hamels
Grienke
Harden
Jackson
Liriano
Has the "look" of the trade changed since the end of last season when both became free agents?

Why would you list Harden who hasn't pitched this year and the 2 years before had an ERA above 5, a WHIP around 1.5 and could only pitch around a half season.

And even Liriano who has "potential" is not "good". He was pulled from the Twins rotation this year.

Old
07-23-2012, 01:36 PM
Nazem Bozak

Dempster to the braves

Old
07-23-2012, 02:01 PM
Hyperglide

Is it safe to say Baltimore is the real deal? It's almost August and they are still playing well.

Old
07-23-2012, 02:07 PM
Bozak42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperglide View Post
Is it safe to say Baltimore is the real deal? It's almost August and they are still playing well.
how long have toronto's hot starts lasted the last couple of years? i think mid july is where we lost the division lead last year

Old
07-23-2012, 02:13 PM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

vCash: 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolai Schenn View Post
Dempster to the braves
Looks like its for Randall Delgado which is a pretty decent haul...22 year old with a 4.11 FIP for the Braves this year. Was ranked pretty high on most prospect lists. Jays comparable is likely a slightly higher upside Drew Hutchison (most people have Delgado as a 2/3 instead of Hutchison's 3/4).

Also some rumours that Garza might go for Zach Lee who was just in Law's midseason top 50...if that's the case AA would likely have to trade Sanchez to acquire him (which I would do but that's an aside).

Closed Thread