HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Visnovsky trying to void trade to Isles - UPDATE: More Drama (post #510)

Closed Thread

Old
07-23-2012, 07:29 AM
kuwo

vCash: 500
Visnovsky trying to void trade to Isles - UPDATE: More Drama (post #510)

A very interesting interview with Višňovský was published today in a slovak newspaper. He claims that according to his modified NTC, he should have been asked by Ducks to make a list of 10 teams he would accept a trade to. However in Anaheim they feel, that the NTC was canceled after his previous trade (from Kings to Oilers). So he is considering his options. He could file for arbitration and its result could have an impact on the trade validity. Snow and co. are trying to persuade him no to do it and Višňovský was already offered a 2 year extension. However he has no intention signing any extensions before his current contract expires. Višňovský also said, that Snow is trying to convince Miroslav Šatan to return to LI. He is still undecided whether he should do it or not.

here's the ling to that article, unfortunately it's in slovak

http://sport.aktuality.sk/c/134129/n...o-na-arbitraz/

Last edited by kuwo: 07-23-2012 at 07:38 AM.
Old
07-23-2012, 08:16 AM
Aucoin3

Visnovsky wants out Snow wants Satan in

Not sure how reliable this is but according to this article Visnovsky is going through an NHLPA arbitrator to void the contract. Visnovsky also claims that Garth Snow has reached out to Miro Satan with an offer, my guess would be a training camp tryout.

If Visnovsky is going to keep making waves I say send his ass back to Anaheim. I was very excited to get him but if he doesnt want to be here lets void the deal get our pick back and find someone who does want to be here.

http://www.newyorkislanderfancentral....html?spref=tw

Old
07-23-2012, 08:29 AM
Mr Wentworth
Arch Duke of Raleigh

MOTHER EFFER!

Satan...eh?
The only reason I would sign him would to so he can have NHL minutes and Nino could go to the Bridge.

Old
07-23-2012, 08:34 AM
seafoam
Fluorescent Adolescent

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aucoin3 View Post
Not sure how reliable this is but according to this article Visnovsky is going through an NHLPA arbitrator to void the contract. Visnovsky also claims that Garth Snow has reached out to Miro Satan with an offer, my guess would be a training camp tryout.

If Visnovsky is going to keep making waves I say send his ass back to Anaheim. I was very excited to get him but if he doesnt want to be here lets void the deal get our pick back and find someone who does want to be here.

This, it's sad that he's complaining about playing professional hockey...has hasn't played on the Island yet. At least give it a shot, he'll most likely be shipped out to a playoff team come the trade deadline anyway.

He probably has talked to Ryan Smyth

Old
07-23-2012, 08:36 AM
isles31
Poster Excellont

Quote:

If this is true, Anaheim really fudged us over bc we went a month thinking this trade is good to go and couldve spent that time trying to make another trade for a dman(who knows if it wouldve happened). Visnovsky seems like a real whiny b#@#$...kinda like nabokov last year, no?

Old
07-23-2012, 08:41 AM
seafoam
Fluorescent Adolescent

This is the best I can do with translating the article...

Quote:
The 35-year-old and BEKA NHLPA players' association is "Kačerov" Višňovský violated clause in a contract under which he for the first four of the club could not change the contract without his consent, in the fifth year may do so only in one out of ten teams on the list by itself hockey. Ducks by the "islanders" and sent though not mentioned by Višňovský list. "In Anaheim, they think that clause trejd with my consent in exchange for leaving Edmonton fell into what they claim to lead the NHL. Another view is not gambling association NHLPA, and the wonder of the arbitration court proceedings. While it is not clear whether I win it, but I talked about it with my agent Neil Sheehy. he says to arbitration, we could learn who is right. Chances are, it balanced. it is up to me, as I choose. I would be the first hockey player with such a problematic point of the contract, which would have turned to the arbitral tribunal. If the dispute eventually succeed, I would again become a player in Anaheim. But after the June exchange, I would probably abode there, and obviously, I really wrote a list of ten of clubs, which would I wanted to play and where would I be able to send. There wonder if I will go ahead or not wait for it, "he told Sport newspaper Lubomir Visnovsky, who is preparing for the new season in Bratislava. If the experienced defender decided to stay at NY Islanders, in season 2012/2013 might not be the only Slovaks in the report "islanders". Club general manager Garth Snow is lanári striker Miroslav Satan, who has the Islanders played in the past. "Garth Snow phoned me once that it was negotiating with Miroslav Satan. Maybe I should not notify the media too, but told me to break it to come back to Long Island, where he played in the past," he told Sport Ľ. Visnovsky.

Old
07-23-2012, 08:43 AM
seafoam
Fluorescent Adolescent

Quote:

Why not Ziggy!?

Old
07-23-2012, 08:44 AM
kuwo

Višňovský did not say he doesn't want to play here. He said in that inteview that he has nothing against the Islanders. He is undecided whether to do it or not. Also I don't think he has a case here, because he was traded to Oilers before that NTC kicked in and i don't think the Oilers decided to honor the clause. Ultimately I think he will be an Islander and he will play well. However I can't remember an interview with him where he wasn't whining or complaining about something.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:03 AM
Aucoin3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuwo View Post
Višňovský did not say he doesn't want to play here. He said in that inteview that he has nothing against the Islanders. He is undecided whether to do it or not. Also I don't think he has a case here, because he was traded to Oilers before that NTC kicked in and i don't think the Oilers decided to honor the clause. Ultimately I think he will be an Islander and he will play well. However I can't remember an interview with him where he wasn't whining or complaining about something.
I was as excited as anyone when we landed him but at this point if we can get this deal voided and recieve the pick we gave back I would jump at it. He seems way to high maintence for me. When we traded for Wisniewski all he said was how excited he was to join the team. We need another guy like that.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:13 AM
JKP

Always drama around here.

We desperately need make the POs and have the kids go on a little post-season run to brighten the outlook.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:15 AM
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!

Quote:
if he doesnt want to be here lets void the deal get our pick back and find someone who does want to be here.
]
That's the problem. NO ONE wants to be here.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:16 AM
kasper11

ACcording to Stape on twitter, Visnovsky filed the grievance.

I don't really get it...if the clause came into effect in the fifth year, it was not in effect until July 1, 2012, the day the new year for the NHL begins. He was traded before that, therefore the clause was not in effect.

https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday/sta...06265041698816

Last edited by kasper11: 07-23-2012 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Added link
Old
07-23-2012, 09:17 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Big Brock

Quote:
Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday
Lubomir Visnovsky has filed a grievance through the NHLPA to void his trade to #Isles, claiming his no-trade clause is still valid.
Ridiculous...

Old
07-23-2012, 09:18 AM
Fantom

Quote:

That is what i sad when we got him. I was shocked that he was ok going to the island with his NTC.
However this trade happened a few ago. SO i am not sure how good the or reliable this news is. I dont blame the guy if he did not wave his NTC he should still be a duck.
I wonder how something like this could be ratified though. How do you cancel a trade weeks later. It is not the islanders fault that the ducks might have broken the rules of a contract. Would the NHL somehow punish the ducks for such a blunder. Also if i the isles and this is true why keep the guy.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:20 AM
kuwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper11 View Post
ACcording to Stape on twitter, Visnovsky filed the grievance.

I don't really get it...if the clause came into effect in the fifth year, it was not in effect until July 1, 2012, the day the new year for the NHL begins. He was traded before that, therefore the clause was not in effect.

https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday/sta...06265041698816
wow, he decided pretty quickly...

Old
07-23-2012, 09:20 AM
Hershey Hockey
#AskNeal

Visnovsky trying to void trade to Isles

Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday
Lubomir Visnovsky has filed a grievance through the NHLPA to void his trade to #Isles, claiming his no-trade clause is still valid.

Came here to see if anyone made a thread on it yet. This is great.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:22 AM
Renbarg

Old
07-23-2012, 09:26 AM
HyeDray
HFB Partner

VERY disappointed to say the least.

I read this post as well... http://www.newyorkislanderfancentral....html?spref=tw

He did not say if he would report or not, but this just has the Nabokov, Muller feel to it all over again.

If I am Snow, I begin looking for another top 4 right now. If the trade is validated by arbitration and he ends up as an Islander, I would find out if the guy intends to give it his all and be "here." If not, then trade him right away. Enough wasting time on this BS.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:27 AM
IslesNorway

So much for "focusing on the Isles" that he said after the trade. What a way to endear himself to a new set of fans!

Old
07-23-2012, 09:27 AM
TROLLPOSO

This is making me sick to my stomach. What the hell did we as fans do to deserve this %^&*^!!!!

Old
07-23-2012, 09:30 AM
xECK29x

Get the pick back and flip it for Ballard and be done with it. This is also a problem for Anaheim, clearly they wanted to move him and filled his spot with Sourey

Old
07-23-2012, 09:32 AM
ĺboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to ĺboriginal
the four consecutive cups was obviously a deal with the devil and this is retribution time. this sucks ass. watch the trade get voided, and he ends up getting traded back to the oilers helping to solve their need and butt****ing ours. le sigh

Old
07-23-2012, 09:34 AM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
Ok, so you swallow 27 million for one season. Hefty! Reason enough for it to be darn near impossible for the Preds to match.

But better than swallowing 110 million total.

And guys, Weber is not Bobby Orr, nor does he have guys like Esposito, Bucyk and Cashman heading the attack up front. This man is NOT taking that Predators team to the holy land. They simply don't have enough of the rest of the pieces, especially with Suter now gone as well.

I'm afraid it's looking like it's back to scratch for Poile.
If i was nash i would let him go. I mean the 4 picks might not be what webber if worth. I just think that such a contract would hurt them for years to come.
I also see alot of people saying just trade the guy in a season or two. How do we know that he would even be moveable. That seems like a HUGE risk. Plus teams at that point would know there reason for trying to move him and low ball perhaps. Is the risk worth there finical risk of icing a bad team and then Weber demanding a trade ?

Old
07-23-2012, 09:36 AM
Janson
fireSNOW

Seems like he waited to see if Snow was gonna bring in more help before trying this ploy otherwise he could have pulled this **** weeks ago. Inactivity during free agency hurts us again.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:36 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Big Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ĺboriginal View Post
the four consecutive cups was obviously a deal with the devil and this is retribution time. this sucks ass. watch the trade get voided, and he ends up getting traded back to the oilers helping to solve their need and butt****ing ours. le sigh
Ducks* but I understand your point.

Closed Thread