HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New League Format 2012-2013

Old
07-21-2012, 07:42 PM
Polakdave
Official Sens' Polak

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Polakdave Send a message via MSN to Polakdave Send a message via Yahoo to Polakdave
New League Format 2012-2013

Forgive me if this has been already mentioned, but is the new league format confirmed for next season, or not yet? If so, do we need to come top-8 of the two "eastern" divisions, or just top-4 in our own? Our division would be?:
Boston
Buffalo
Florida
Montreal
Ottawa
Tampa Bay
Toronto

If so, I think the playoffs should be pretty achievable. In theory, Boston is the only lock, so we have to beat out 6 teams for 3 spots, and I think we're better than Tampa, Toronto, and Montreal.

Polakdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 07:55 PM
kex

I don't think the new format was approved

kex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 07:57 PM
Polakdave
Official Sens' Polak

Send a message via AIM to Polakdave Send a message via MSN to Polakdave Send a message via Yahoo to Polakdave
Quote:
Originally Posted by kex View Post
I don't think the new format was approved
Ah, ok cool. I'm kind of out of the loop here :p

Polakdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 07:59 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

NHLPA shot it down right before the deadline. It wont happen now because of scheduling constraints.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 08:13 PM
tony d
Ours for next 7 yrs.

Yeah it got shot down, I expect something new to be implemented for 2013-2014 given a new CBA and hopefully a solution to the Phoenix issue.

07-22-2012, 04:38 PM
thinkwild
Veni Vidi Toga

And what a bummer that it was shot down too eh? Man, we had a chance for one of the greatest things that all hockey fans love - two asterisk seasons. Two seasons where we change things up before changing things up a 2nd time by bringing in 2 new teams or allowing 2 teams to go bankrupt and fold. This would have been the perfext asterisk for that scenario, and then the owners could do it without negotiating with the players then when we actually know what is happening.

Now all that may happen, but we will have had no opportunity for the 2 asterisk seasons beforehand!

And all because it increased travel for teams in general, created new 2 year temporary rivalries, and made it an unbalanced opportunity to make the playoffs depending on whether you were in a one of the 7 team or 8 team conferences.

Man how can the players be selfish to fans eh. Bettman worked really hard to get that best he could compromise from a group of owners that couldnt agree and a small majority of them really believed this was a good idea and wanted to do it.

But the PA shot it all down. All these great things for fans. All because they wanted to take a shot across the bow of the owners for cba talks.

Now they will probably have to negotiate some sort of realignment that is fairer, lessens travel, and makes better rivalries. And is only done once, when they actually do expand or contract next time. How lame is that? I hope the PA is happy with themselves.

thinkwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 09:50 AM
Upgrayedd

So i suppose Winnipeg will also be staying within the Eastern Conference?

Upgrayedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 09:55 AM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrayedd View Post
So i suppose Winnipeg will also be staying within the Eastern Conference?
for 1 more season at least

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote