Kulda signed by Sibir Novosibirsk (KHL)

Old
07-17-2012, 06:25 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEANYOUNGBLOOD17 View Post
Meech is better than Kulda..... Meech is better than Kulda...... Meech is better than Kulda........... I said it three times and dont find anything hilarious about the statement......it rings pretty true.......
1) Meech beat Kulda out at training camp( Jets brass thought he was better)
2) Meech has more poise/ expierience (Detrit Red Wings and captain of Detroit AHL team in 2010/11
3) Meech had 9 points in 15 ice cap playoff games & was an even plus/minus and by all reports was the ice caps best defenceman in their playoffs.
note:Kulda did lead the caps in a plus 18 category in 63 reg season games but was a minus 3 with 1 assist in 13 ice cap playoff games.

as the Jets defensman pecking order stood b4 training camp started this year; IMO

6) postma
7)Clitsome
8) MEECH
9)Kulda
10 ) REdmond and Redmond was closing fast..........

Kulda thought his chances for Nhl employment was limited to injury reserve or he would have stuck around.........
Not laughable, that was over the top. But clearly ahead, IMO, yes. Meech is a completely different defenseman. Meech has PROVEN he just cannot handle the NHL game. He is a great AHLer, a 8/9 defenseman AT BEST at the NHL level. Kulda's game translates MUCH better to the NHL. He is more in control, smarter, more effective defender. He will never rack up AHL points like Meech, but that's not his goal. Also, Jets management is FAR from perfect, the refused to give any former ATL prospect the SLIGHTEST chance last year, opting for terrible options instead (like Meech, Jaffray, Jones, etc).

I stand by the fact that Kulda should be an NHLer this year, and the Jets management team has proven they will not give him the time of day. I hope he spends a year or two in KHL and comes back over, since hopefully some team WILL give him the chance he deserves.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 06:31 AM
PostmanPat1919

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Not laughable, that was over the top. But clearly ahead, IMO, yes. Meech is a completely different defenseman. Meech has PROVEN he just cannot handle the NHL game. He is a great AHLer, a 8/9 defenseman AT BEST at the NHL level. Kulda's game translates MUCH better to the NHL. He is more in control, smarter, more effective defender. He will never rack up AHL points like Meech, but that's not his goal. Also, Jets management is FAR from perfect, the refused to give any former ATL prospect the SLIGHTEST chance last year, opting for terrible options instead (like Meech, Jaffray, Jones, etc).

I stand by the fact that Kulda should be an NHLer this year, and the Jets management team has proven they will not give him the time of day. I hope he spends a year or two in KHL and comes back over, since hopefully some team WILL give him the chance he deserves.
Apparently every other NHL team agreed with Jets management that Kulda wasn't going to play his way onto their NHL rosters. He was exposed to waivers and nobody was interested.

PostmanPat1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 06:38 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostmanPat1919 View Post
Apparently every other NHL team agreed with Jets management that Kulda wasn't going to play his way onto their NHL rosters. He was exposed to waivers and nobody was interested.
Very very different being exposed to waivers mid season as teams are gearing up to make a push to stay/get back in playoff contention before the deadline, and making him one of the very first cuts in camp without even really looking at him when he logged NHL games the year before. Jets never gave him a chance. Guaranteed he would have made some rosters this year.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 06:58 AM
Le Golie

Quote:
Very very different being exposed to waivers mid season as teams are gearing up to make a push to stay/get back in playoff contention before the deadline, and making him one of the very first cuts in camp without even really looking at him when he logged NHL games the year before. Jets never gave him a chance. Guaranteed he would have made some rosters this year.
I disagree. Every team in the league has young defenceman (or two or three in some cases) that are on the verge of being ready for the NHL. Some of them bully their way into a lineup and some become career AHL'ers. Kulda is a dime a dozen player and clearing waivers at any point in time is pretty clear evidence that nobody had room for a player like him.

Kulda himself played six years in North America chasing his NHL dream. Clearly he wanted to have a career in North America. If he had any confidence he was going to make an NHL roster this year why wouldn't he have singed his QO? He would have either made the Jets or been exposed to waivers again during training camp.

If he had any inkling that he was a sure bet for the NHL, he had an easy way to make it on to someone's roster.

Le Golie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 02:56 PM
Gil Fisher

I felt like the Jets were not interested in recalling Kulda from the AHL because they thought they'd lose him on waivers. I think they definitely were happy with his play.

Gil Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 04:07 PM
Le Golie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Fisher View Post
I felt like the Jets were not interested in recalling Kulda from the AHL because they thought they'd lose him on waivers. I think they definitely were happy with his play.
They did recall him... and he was on waivers... and they didn't lose him.

Le Golie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 04:37 PM
Duir
Registered Bunk

Quote:

If he were to translate his game into the NHL he would have dressed more than 15 games at 24 years old. It is time to give the likes of Melchiori, Redmond, and O'Neill a shot - from what I saw on Kulda, his play was good, but not NHL good. If he was NHL good he would be far higher on the depth chart than Postma, Flood, and Meech; they are there for a reason.

Duir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 10:11 AM
Gil Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Golie View Post
They did recall him... and he was on waivers... and they didn't lose him.
Cute.

Sorry for not being clearer, but I meant recall him after his initial stint. I felt that he played very well during that time; he had to go down to continue his development when others became healthy; and mgt felt that if they tried to bring him up again, they would lose him. Timing cn be everything on clearing waivers.

Gil Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote