HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Weber email campaign

Old
07-23-2012, 09:17 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
maybe though it shows them that if we do lose Weber, they need to bring in some replacements to make the city happy.

What I'm hoping is they're either taking their time to match Weber or their making deals that fall in line if we don't sign Weber, like trading a few of the picks back to Philly for roster players, dealing the picks and players for Ryan, along with signing Semin.

If we're going to lose our identity this summer let's go the other way, we tried the best defense, now let's score some goals and be exciting. We still have a ton of talent on the blueline as green as it may be, it's still a lot of talent.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 09:22 AM
lstcyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
maybe though it shows them that if we do lose Weber, they need to bring in some replacements to make the city happy.
They're going to need to bring in some replacements to get to the salary cap minimum!

Last edited by lstcyr: 07-23-2012 at 09:23 AM. Reason: left out a word
lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 09:56 AM
randymc2641

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Vieille Garde View Post
Cleveland tried this with Lebron James. I have a feeling it will have the same success rate with Weber.
And these cases are the same how?

randymc2641 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 10:05 AM
La Vieille Garde
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by randymc2641 View Post
And these cases are the same how?
I suspect Weber is really hoping the Preds don't match the offer. I'll be shocked if he wants to stay in Nashville. I hope I'm wrong.

La Vieille Garde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 11:20 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
Quote:
I suspect Weber is really hoping the Preds don't match the offer. I'll be shocked if he wants to stay in Nashville. I hope I'm wrong.
again, if he really wanted out, and that was his main consideration, then the LAST thing he should have done is sign an offer sheet, because now its out of his hands and he could be stuck here for the rest of his career.

to me the offer sheet proves that Webers overriding concern was getting the absolute maximum cash over the rest of his life, and he wont care whether he gets it in Nashville or Philly.

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 11:37 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
again, if he really wanted out, and that was his main consideration, then the LAST thing he should have done is sign an offer sheet, because now its out of his hands and he could be stuck here for the rest of his career.

to me the offer sheet proves that Webers overriding concern was getting the absolute maximum cash over the rest of his life, and he wont care whether he gets it in Nashville or Philly.
Agreed.

Weber's agent on the other hand really wants him in a big market.

and I'd guess Weber has to wonder if being in a small market has prevented him from getting the Norris. Really be honest with yourself; do you really believe Weber doesn't win the Norris last year or this year if he's in a larger market?

Old
07-23-2012, 11:52 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I don't think Weber wins it in 2011 if he is in a big market. Lidstrom was going to get his career achievement Norris then. I do think, however, that he wins last month if he were in a large market. Karlsson won based on offense alone, and the only reason for that is offense is flashy to guys who, generally speaking, spend most of their time watching a single team (so a lot of them won't see Karlsson play very often). Of course, that means the largest concentration of them will only see Weber once or twice per year. If he ends up in Philly I guarantee he wins a Norris after only one or two more nominations.

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 12:11 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Agreed.

Weber's agent on the other hand really wants him in a big market.

and I'd guess Weber has to wonder if being in a small market has prevented him from getting the Norris. Really be honest with yourself; do you really believe Weber doesn't win the Norris last year or this year if he's in a larger market?
Agents are nothing but money grubbing parasites so given the fact that this is the last contract Weber will ever sign, and he's going to get the money no matter what, the only thing that would benefit the agent is if he thinks he can get Shea some huge endorsement money in Philly that he cant get here, and I just dont see it....

I think the agent mainly wants to make a name for himself to attract other superstars...

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 01:29 PM
La Vieille Garde
Rookie User

Quote:

Excellent point, and I'm going to take the situation to mean that, rather than what I was afraid it meant.

La Vieille Garde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 01:51 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Agents are nothing but money grubbing parasites so given the fact that this is the last contract Weber will ever sign, and he's going to get the money no matter what, the only thing that would benefit the agent is if he thinks he can get Shea some huge endorsement money in Philly that he cant get here, and I just dont see it....

I think the agent mainly wants to make a name for himself to attract other superstars...
Disagree, if Weber were on a big market team he'd have a ton more endorsements. No offense but you don't see it because you don't play hockey and don't look at the adds for the gear, lots of players lesser than Weber have better endorsement deals. Even Bridgestone used Doughty in their commercial over Weber. That's just an example, I don't know the actual specifics but you're kidding yourself if you don't think Weber's name would be bigger in a bigger market.

Last edited by triggrman: 07-23-2012 at 03:59 PM.
Old
07-23-2012, 03:10 PM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
Quote:
Was my initial thought, too, but if you look at the structure of the contract, while they obviously have the option of matching the contract, there is no reasonable way to do so. Philly knows it, the agent's know it, and Weber knows it. It might not have been about "the" place to play as much as "one of" the places, but it does look like it's about not only maxing salary dollars as well as "brand Shea", but making sure Nashville really can't exercise their rights and Weber gets out, gets rich, is protected in case of another concussion, and is competitive for a cup.

I wanted to see the kids get a chance, guess we're going to.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 04:45 PM
randymc2641

Quote:
But emails to LaBron who was leaving and emails to ownership of a team that isn't leaving are totally different.

randymc2641 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 04:49 PM
ChesterCopperpot1*

Wow I got a response from Henry just now. It's not automated either lol

ChesterCopperpot1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:05 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandyfan84 View Post
Wow I got a response from Henry just now. It's not automated either lol
Anything good or the same basic message as the automated ones he sent out earlier?

I didn't get more than a read receipt from Poile ... nothing at all form Cigarran's account.

101st_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:08 PM
ChesterCopperpot1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Anything good or the same basic message as the automated ones he sent out earlier?

I didn't get more than a read receipt from Poile ... nothing at all form Cigarran's account.
I'll post what he sent me. It's nothing earth shattering but it's nice to known he replied. He even sent is from his iphone.

Cory

Thanks for taking the time to write, and of course for the support for so many years. Your efforts during the summer of '07 and that spirit truly helped to save the team, we truly appreciate your passion and work.

I would like to elaborate beyond our official statement (pasted below), but it is imperative that we speak with one voice as an organization right now. I hope you understand why this is in the team's best interest.

"We are in receipt of the offer sheet signed between the Philadelphia Flyers and Shea Weber. Under the rules pertaining to an offer sheet, the Predators have one week to decide whether to match or accept the compensation.* We have stated previously that, should a team enter into an offer sheet with Shea, our intention would be to match and retain Shea. Our ownership has provided us with the necessary resources to build a Stanley Cup-winning team. Due to the complexity of the offer sheet, we will take the appropriate time to review and evaluate it and all of its ramifications in order to make the best decision for the Predators in both the short and long-term.

Once that window is over, I look forward to talking to you, and running into you at games for years to come.

Again thanks for taking the time to send me the note,

Sean

Sent from my iPhone so please excuse any of my "smart type" mistakes

Old
07-23-2012, 05:09 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandyfan84 View Post
I'll post what he sent me. It's nothing earth shattering but it's nice to known he replied. He even sent is from his iphone.

Cory

Thanks for taking the time to write, and of course for the support for so many years. Your efforts during the summer of '07 and that spirit truly helped to save the team, we truly appreciate your passion and work.

I would like to elaborate beyond our official statement (pasted below), but it is imperative that we speak with one voice as an organization right now. I hope you understand why this is in the team's best interest.

"We are in receipt of the offer sheet signed between the Philadelphia Flyers and Shea Weber. Under the rules pertaining to an offer sheet, the Predators have one week to decide whether to match or accept the compensation.* We have stated previously that, should a team enter into an offer sheet with Shea, our intention would be to match and retain Shea. Our ownership has provided us with the necessary resources to build a Stanley Cup-winning team. Due to the complexity of the offer sheet, we will take the appropriate time to review and evaluate it and all of its ramifications in order to make the best decision for the Predators in both the short and long-term.

Once that window is over, I look forward to talking to you, and running into you at games for years to come.

Again thanks for taking the time to send me the note,

Sean

Sent from my iPhone so please excuse any of my "smart type" mistakes
Change the name, and I have the same email in my box.

101st_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:49 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Yeah I got the same one

Old
07-23-2012, 06:57 PM
ChesterCopperpot1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Change the name, and I have the same email in my box.
Here I was thinking I was special.

Old
07-24-2012, 03:31 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I think it's time to start the Thank You Email Campaign. I sent mine. Short and sweet

Old
07-24-2012, 03:44 PM
PFL615

I just sent mine. No reason not to tell these guys thank you. Finally some legit absolute stars on this team for years to come.

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 05:38 PM
ninetynine*

Now buy season tickets!

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote