HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Visnovsky trying to void trade to Isles - UPDATE: More Drama (post #510)

Closed Thread

Old
07-23-2012, 12:18 PM
KH1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noreaster96 View Post
Smyth, ehrhoff, visnovsky are all solid players he traded for, moulson, grabner, parenteau, Nabokov were all very goo pick ups off of the "garbage" heap, he's signed a bunch of young potential impact players to team friendly long term deals.

But yeah, no he sucks.

To people who believe that it's been snows fault for not getting FAR' to sign here I think this should be the nail in the coffin to that argument. Players just don't want to play here, even when they are forced to be here via trade. The islanders were rebuilding for a long time, that's why their roster was bad the last few years... As a star player would you want to go to the rebuilding team or the team who could win now? Pretty obvious there. People need to wake up and see that while snow sure as heck aint perfect, hes not anywhere close to bein the problem
Every team he's ever put together has finished in the bottom 5 of the league.

Yeah, he sucks.

Old
07-23-2012, 12:22 PM
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!

vCash: 1130
I want to wait and see what the final outcome is, Sorry we are not Club Med for players but Nabakov came and played and then got signed and I guess he likes it here and is now a fan favorite.

I wont blame Garth but the culture of losing that follows this team has a lot to do with these things happening to us every year. That falls on Wang!!

We really need a new owner

Old
07-23-2012, 12:26 PM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

vCash: 50
You hear that? That's Mike Komisarek packing his bags and getting ready to come home.

Old
07-23-2012, 12:30 PM
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!

vCash: 1130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Jonsson View Post
You hear that? That's Mike Komisarek packing his bags and getting ready to come home.
and Wade Redden!! We reached the Cap Floor everyone!!

Old
07-23-2012, 12:37 PM
CodeE

What's the point of trading if every player we trade for is gonna be a giant baby and refuse to play for the team?

Old
07-23-2012, 12:39 PM
scott99

It's so obvious that Viz is going to win this one, and we will get our 2013 #2 pick back. After all, this is our Islanders we are talking about. Got excited when we traded for Erhoff's rights, look at what happened, got excited when we got Visnovsky.....Nobody wants to play for the Islanders, can you really blame them ? ****** piece of garbage owner who doesn't care about the team or putting a good team out there, a joke of a GM (though he tries hard), a ****hole for an arena in the middle of nowhere.

Old
07-23-2012, 12:42 PM
Islanderfan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Min Misconduct View Post
Satan?!?!?!? Really???

I guess if we needed a vet presence I could live with him.
To be fair, the guy was a monster in the playoffs a couple of years ago with the Devils.

Old
07-23-2012, 12:55 PM
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!

vCash: 300
We've been Lubed!

Old
07-23-2012, 12:55 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
It's always something with us, there's nothing easy about rooting for this team and this is just yet another crappy thing to happen to this team. I don't think he'll win it though should be interesting..

I'm curious as to what other guys on the team feel about this.. I'm sure most of them realize it's part of the biz but some have to be a tad ticked off about it.

Old
07-23-2012, 01:03 PM
Fantom

i guess i am the only one here.
The guy had a NTC the ducks need to talk to the player before they trade him. the ducks are 100% at fault and she be fined or something. It sucks that he was traded to us and he sad something i get that. For all u know he wanted to stay with the ducks or retire etc. he could bite the bullet and deal with it but he was not supposed to be traded at all. I do not blame him in any way. there is a reason there are NTC for players. teams cant just say o well lets just trade him and now its there problem.

Old
07-23-2012, 01:09 PM
Renbarg

So is this NTC in effect throughout the contract or just the 5th year? Because if it is just the 5th year than Viz does not have a leg to stand on, as the NTC goes in to effect on July 1.

Old
07-23-2012, 01:10 PM
LAPPY13

I am done with Visnovsky, and dont want him on the Islanders anymore. Snow should just sign one of the dozen or so UFA d-men that are still out there and move on. Carlo Colaiacovo, Michal Rozsival, Pavel Kubina, Kurtis Foster, Matt Gilory, Steve Eminger etc. They might not have Visnovsky talent but at least if they sign here you know they want to play for us. Bye Bye Visnovsky cant wait to booooooo you when we play against you!

Old
07-23-2012, 01:13 PM
Hyphistos

Hey guys, I'm new here (at least in a posting role, been reading here for two years) so sorry for starting with a "what if" question, but in the case that this trade really will be undone, what do you think would happen?

Would Snow simply do nothing (as he supposedly said that he is basically done) or do you think he would target another player? If so, is there any comparable replacement still out there? (I would imagine in the most cases it would cost more than a 2nd rounder if we are talking about a trade). I'm just asking because I'm from Europe and of course you know the market better and I felt that already with the Vis trade the off-season was only a small improvement and this trade was from my point of view the most important. So without a d-man of that caliber it would be really hard to see an improvement at all.

Old
07-23-2012, 01:14 PM
peter021

I'm going to attempt to play devil's advocate here, just for a second.

If a player has been good and or lucky enough to have earned a NTC clause in his contract and found out he was traded without that clause being honored, I can understand why he might be upset.

Now, he may not have a leg to stand on with this and it may or may not be part of a larger desire not to play for the Islanders. We simply don't know if that's the case. Of course the fact he's just raising this now is interesting and i'm in no way defending him.

Just speaking in terms of the NTC, agents and players fight hard to get those in their contracts and I can at least understand that point of where Visnovsky's coming from.

I wouldn't want to be traded to the Islanders, and I'm a fan!

Old
07-23-2012, 01:18 PM
kasper11

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter021 View Post

If a player has been good and or lucky enough to have earned a NTC clause in his contract and found out he was traded without that clause being honored, I can understand why he might be upset.

Now, he may not have a leg to stand on with this and it may or may not be part of a larger desire not to play for the Islanders. We simply don't know if that's the case. Of course the fact he's just raising this now is interesting and i'm in no way defending him.

Just speaking in terms of the NTC, agents and players fight hard to get those in their contracts and I can at least understand that point of where Visnovsky's coming from.

I agree with this. I don't blame him, if he has a NTC in effect. It isn't like he was traded from Anaheim to LA. This is across the country to a bottom feeder. He feels he should not have been traded here without consent and therefore wants it undone. I don't blame him.

If he loses, I expect him to be a professional and give the Isles everything he has.

Old
07-23-2012, 01:23 PM
Poulin 0n My St1ck

vCash: 50
Does anyone know whether this was a mistake on behalf of Snow - that he should have known about this NTC - or a misrepresentation by Murray and Snow was unaware of this supposed NTC? Basically, who is at fault for this deal being put through? I mean it's been a month and now this comes up...?

I don't feel like sifting through all of these comments. Just the facts ma'am.

Edit: Regardless of Visnovsky's claim, this is so pucking typical for this **** to happen, I mean after all we are the Islanders. It's so sickening to have to deal with this time and time again as a fan. The laughing stock we are as a team every season, the political nonsense regarding the building lease, the ****** half-empty building we play in now, the 15-year DiPietro contract, Yashin, Milbury, Spano, and of course Charles Wang...where do I direct my anger? At this point, I'd rather have this franchise be disbanded or shipped off LI.

And I hope Viz goes back to the Ducks and Carkner ends his career. Adios, good luck trying to finish your career overseas.

Last edited by Poulin 0n My St1ck: 07-23-2012 at 01:34 PM.
Old
07-23-2012, 01:28 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPPY13 View Post
I am done with Visnovsky, and dont want him on the Islanders anymore. Snow should just sign one of the dozen or so UFA d-men that are still out there and move on. Carlo Colaiacovo, Michal Rozsival, Pavel Kubina, Kurtis Foster, Matt Gilory, Steve Eminger etc. They might not have Visnovsky talent but at least if they sign here you know they want to play for us. Bye Bye Visnovsky cant wait to booooooo you when we play against you!

Everyone was saying the same things about Nabokov when he refused to show and now everyone loved how he played last year and he's re-signed.. Let it play out before killing a guy doing what he feels is in his best interest. This guy will end up on the Islanders.

Old
07-23-2012, 01:30 PM
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KH1 View Post
Every team he's ever put together has finished in the bottom 5 of the league.

Yeah, he sucks.
And every time he tries to put together a team he has to do it on a shoestring budget for a team playing in the worst building in the league and the worst owner in sports. Yea, sign me right the **** up if I am an NHL player.

Old
07-23-2012, 01:30 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter021 View Post

I don't blame Vis for not wanting to be traded to the NYI.

However, if the league rules that the trade is valid, I expect Snow to say he has zero intention of trading Vis, that if Vis wants to play in the NHL, it will be for the NYI.

Old
07-23-2012, 01:32 PM
JKP

People, we need to relax until we know what's going to play out here. I know we're prone to jump off the deep end at the slightest little bump, but let's keep our powder dry until we know what the outcome is, ok?

Old
07-23-2012, 01:36 PM
peter021

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I don't blame Vis for not wanting to be traded to the NYI.

However, if the league rules that the trade is valid, I expect Snow to say he has zero intention of trading Vis, that if Vis wants to play in the NHL, it will be for the NYI.
I think that's exactly how Snow should play it too. We'll see how this all plays out.

Old
07-23-2012, 01:42 PM
19 in a row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantom View Post
i guess i am the only one here.
The guy had a NTC the ducks need to talk to the player before they trade him. the ducks are 100% at fault and she be fined or something. It sucks that he was traded to us and he sad something i get that. For all u know he wanted to stay with the ducks or retire etc. he could bite the bullet and deal with it but he was not supposed to be traded at all. I do not blame him in any way. there is a reason there are NTC for players. teams cant just say o well lets just trade him and now its there problem.
I hear ya, I was actually wondering if there is a precedent for additional compensation if the Ducks are found at fault. This move was made right before free agency and (don't laugh but) there was the possibility if we had known this earlier that we would have made additional moves. That ability is now hampered due to the time that has passed during which many of the free agents have signed and teams have made other moves firming up their rosters. If there is negligence on the Duck's part in not correctly recognizing the clause when they made the trade then I wonder if the league would award us more than our 2nd back. If it is the leagues fault for approving then I guess that we are just **** out of luck.
However, I am guessing that the trade gets upheld ... if not whoever does the legal contract review for the Duck's and/or NHL should be looking for new employment after making this kind of error.

Old
07-23-2012, 01:53 PM
camper

Who needs him,don't want to play? stay home!

Old
07-23-2012, 02:33 PM
Bexlyspeed

of course we dont want a guy here that doesnt want to play for us. but on the other hand will everyone who gets traded here, no trade clause or not, try to shun us? honestly tis franchise needs a complete overhaul and it wont happen in NY either. im afraid that by 2015 im not going to have a hockey team to cheer for anymore.

Old
07-23-2012, 02:35 PM
Hipietro

Quote:
Originally Posted by camper View Post
Who needs him,don't want to play? stay home!
That's a cute way of looking at things, but the Islanders need him. Pretty badly.

Closed Thread