HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agency Thread

Old
07-23-2012, 01:51 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
I have no idea how Howson still has a job lol.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 01:54 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
I have no idea how Howson still has a job lol.
We could at least wait to see what the return is before castigating the guy for this one.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 01:55 PM
Terrorsenko

vCash: 500
Dreger and Bobby McKenzie at TSN say it's Nash for Anismov, Dubinsky, Erixon and a first round pick.

Terrorsenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 01:56 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

Rofl its an awful package for the admittedly overrated Nash

Dolph Ziggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 01:57 PM
CarvinSigX

vCash: 2616
It's not THAT bad of a trade considering Nash wanted out and everyone knew it. If Erixon pans out (I don't think he will) then this may work out for Columbus. They were already a lottery team...May as well start from scratch.

CarvinSigX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 01:58 PM
Terrorsenko

I'm just glad he went East.

Terrorsenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 01:58 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
We could at least wait to see what the return is before castigating the guy for this one.
I did, I just didn't post it. Columbus should finish last again.

Old
07-23-2012, 02:00 PM
STL fan in IA

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassjaw View Post
Dreger and Bobby McKenzie at TSN say it's Nash for Anismov, Dubinsky, Erixon and a first round pick.
That's quite the haul IMO. That said, this is the Blues board so if you really want to talk about a CLB-NYR trade, please head on over to the trade/free agent board.

STL fan in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 02:08 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

And Howson added to it lol.

Old
07-23-2012, 02:08 PM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL fan in IA View Post
That's quite the haul IMO. That said, this is the Blues board so if you really want to talk about a CLB-NYR trade, please head on over to the trade/free agent board.
well, you are right but the moves our division rivals make or don`t make this off-season is not only relavant to our off-season, its the most interesting part from our POV(by far, so far)

frostyflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 02:33 PM
STL fan in IA

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyflo View Post
well, you are right but the moves our division rivals make or don`t make this off-season is not only relavant to our off-season, its the most interesting part from our POV(by far, so far)
Well, just make sure to make clear how you think a trade involving two other teams impacts the Blues then. That'll make it kosher here.

Old
07-23-2012, 11:06 PM
STEVIE RAY BLUES

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
Actually the first post of this page suggested Semin as a mentor for Tarasenko.
That may be but that was not my post. I posted about 3 days ago that

I thought Semin would be worth a look. I love that Nash was traded out

of the west! Just wish our Blues could make a move at either end to

put us over the top.....sigh....maybe the deadline.

STEVIE RAY BLUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 02:15 PM
TimtheDJ84

vCash: 560
Nashville has apparently matched Philly offer...I think that's a good thing.

TimtheDJ84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 02:44 PM
STL fan in IA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimtheDJ84 View Post
Nashville has apparently matched Philly offer...I think that's a good thing.
Not surprising. The cost of the contract is less of a killer than giving up arguably the best d-man in the league for draft picks.

Nash will still have a good team with Weber, Rinne, Trotz as coach and an underrated offense but they might have to penny pinch elsewhere to afford Weber's contract so in that sense, them matching this contract could end up helping the Blues almost as much as if they'd let Weber go.

I'll be interested to see if anything comes of Weber's agents words of Weber wanting to play in Philly and that he didn't want to be on a rebuilding team (Nashville). I don't really seem them as being in rebuilding mode but I can't think that those comments would sit well with Poile, the rest of mgmt, coaches, some of his teammates, etc.

Old
07-24-2012, 03:13 PM
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word

vCash: 518
Nashville has shown that they know how to run a franchise on a budget and as long as Trotz is at the helm I think they'll be competitive. They may take a step back this year but they still have a legit shot at the playoffs as long as Weber and Rinne are healthy. They seem like a D-man and goalie factory so I wouldn't be surprised if, whichever youngin' is paired with Weber, takes a big step and does a decent job filling in Suter's shoes. We shall see though.

HANDZ 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 04:08 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
Weber can't be traded for a year, but he'll still have great trade value on this contract down the road.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 04:20 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HANDZ 57 View Post
Nashville has shown that they know how to run a franchise on a budget and as long as Trotz is at the helm I think they'll be competitive. They may take a step back this year but they still have a legit shot at the playoffs as long as Weber and Rinne are healthy. They seem like a D-man and goalie factory so I wouldn't be surprised if, whichever youngin' is paired with Weber, takes a big step and does a decent job filling in Suter's shoes. We shall see though.
Kinda stinks for Nashville. If I'm not mistaken, they added a minority partner not too long ago who was going to help them be able to up their payroll to be able to keep Rinne, Weber, and Suter. Even with the extra cash, the way that the deal is structured, Nashville might have to simply tread water for the next three or four years before they can take that step forward. Which is very good news for the Blues. However, then the window ends because the Preds will have a 31-36 year old Weber for relatively cheap.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 04:22 PM
STL fan in IA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
Weber can't be traded for a year, but he'll still have great trade value on this contract down the road.
Yeah, just think about how much NSH will have to pay him in the next 365 days though. $13M bonus today, $1M salary over the course of the 2012-13 season (if there is one) and then another $13M bonus due on 7/1/13. Ridiculous but I'm glad they matched it. I absolutely abhor offer sheets and am glad NSH have the finger to Philly, Holmgren and Snider - the owner who had the audacity to make this 13 yr offer less than a week after he was a part of the owners group that requested that the players be limited to 5 yr contracts going forward in CBA negotiations.

Old
07-24-2012, 04:51 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Hey guys, Rangers fan here. There's a discussion going on over on our boards about Jason Arnott. A couple of our fans have claimed that the general review from you guys is that he's no longer very good defensively at this point in his career.

I've been able to find some stuff on here talking about him playing a 150ft game due to his lack of speed, but that's he's still defensively sound in that role, but that's it. I haven't been able to find what they are talking about. I also understand that he and Hitchcock had some kind of falling out over practice during the playoffs.

So my question is this:

If you are expecting a 3rd line C who is defensively responsible and can provide 15-20g and 30-40 points, would he be a good pickup?

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 04:56 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Hey guys, Rangers fan here. There's a discussion going on over on our boards about Jason Arnott. A couple of our fans have claimed that the general review from you guys is that he's no longer very good defensively at this point in his career.

I've been able to find some stuff on here talking about him playing a 150ft game due to his lack of speed, but that's he's still defensively sound in that role, but that's it. I haven't been able to find what they are talking about. I also understand that he and Hitchcock had some kind of falling out over practice during the playoffs.

So my question is this:

If you are expecting a 3rd line C who is defensively responsible and can provide 15-20g and 30-40 points, would he be a good pickup?
On the defensive side, I think Arnott has to play with a defensive winger who can play the role of center in the defensive end. At the end of the season, Sobotka was on his line and handle the center defensive responsibilities. Arnott is essentially a winger when it comes to defense.

As far as offense goes, the production wasn't there late in the season. I'd project 10-15 goals and 25-35 points.

He still has a little bit left in the tank, but for a contending team, I don't think he is good enough. He would have to be in the perfect situation.

Old
07-24-2012, 05:14 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post

So my question is this:

That would be the absolute most I think you could get out of him. I'm not sure I'd bet on him reaching that

Dolph Ziggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 05:33 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

I think he could score at that pace, but I'm not sure he is healthy enough to play 82 games. He is a guy who should probably be getting nights off throughout the season at this point in his career. But if you have solid 13-14 forwards he could certainly be a contributing player still. Sounds like he kind of hit rock bottom at the end of last season though.

Crumblin Erb Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 07:44 PM
stlweir

Despite his lack of speed he still manages to be defensively responsible and he can still fire the puck. He got some PP time which helped his goal scoring totals. I think he can score goals forever, the question is when does he become so slow that even his positioning can't over come his lack of speed.

stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 01:23 PM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor

I don't think Columbus has playoff potential, but I think they'll be a tougher team to play against this year than they were last year. Anyone team that's taking them for granted will be in for a surprise, IMO.

EastonBlues22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 06:12 PM
tvillewr4

sorry couldnt post earlier from my phones.

i would like to thank bleedblue1223 for admirably representing the blues posters on here...

in particular, today when oilers fans on the main board decided to offer bot 6, defenseman, and or futures for captain backes... i mean GTFO!!

he responded rnh+ (which i completely agreed with, esp when the opposing fans come drooling for everything that Backes is)

then they proceeded to bash him for 3-4 pages..what a joke

tvillewr4 is offline   Reply With Quote