Old
07-23-2012, 03:16 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by unifiedtheory View Post
I was thinking that very thing.

I wonder if Chiarelli knew he could get Nash for essentially Pevvy, Boychuk, Spooner or Knight and a 1st rounder.
Well it kind of blows up in his face when he says Columbus was asking for too much, and the guy gets moved for 3rd line guys and spare parts.

I think all this does is essentially prove to me that PC had zero interest in adding a high priced player like Nash (The cost to obtain was too high? Sure.) or Parise (But we made a significant offer? Right.).

Once Ryan gets moved to wherever he goes for 10 cents on the dollar, we can all get back to hoping that Horton can come back to play and stay healthy, since that's clearly been the plan all off season.

Old
07-23-2012, 03:17 PM
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss The Ring View Post
The problem with that is that none of this has been addressed.
I think goaltending is fine. Your'e a Tuukka guy. I think he will have an elite level season. It's the least of my concerns.

Health? We can't really "address" health. Either Nathan Horton is healthy and scores 25-30 or he isn't. We don't know until we know. He's my only health related concern.

The powerplay has not been dealt with, I agree. That said, I think it's more of a coaching thing and HOPEFULLY that will be addressed with a scheme alteration and more Seguin.

Old
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
Philadelphia and Pittsburgh. Those 2 teams have more potential offensive firepower than the Bruins but are definitely lacking in defense & goaltending- the two elements that win championships.

Even if the Flyers do get Weber the rest of their D isn't going to make the other 29 NHL teams crap their pants in fear of playing against them. And I don't see anyone playing D for the Penguins that scares anyone either.
Weber
Timmonen
Coburn
Schenn
Meszaros
Grossman
Gervais/Bourdon

I think you are seriously selling that group short. That's pretty comparable to the B's.

Old
stick9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
Philadelphia and Pittsburgh. Those 2 teams have more potential offensive firepower than the Bruins but are definitely lacking in defense & goaltending- the two elements that win championships.

Even if the Flyers do get Weber the rest of their D isn't going to make the other 29 NHL teams crap their pants in fear of playing against them. And I don't see anyone playing D for the Penguins that scares anyone either.
No way is this team better than Pitt. Sorry, I can't by that even without Staal. They have more firepower up front and are more proven in net. BOS gets the edge on D though.

Old
Ratty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Where's the Bobby Ryan thread?
Still active. see "Ryan for Krejci".

Old
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
How did that work out last time?
Didn't Zhamnov win 2 Hart Trophies with us?

Old
Baddkarma
El Guapo to most...

Send a message via AIM to Baddkarma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.

When you guys are done panicking, perhaps we can look at this with maybe a bit of perspective.

Anointing the Rangers as a better team than we are because they got a round deeper into the playoffs is asinine. What I see is equivalent teams -- one with one set of strengths and weaknesses, one with another. People are going to be all menstrual about this because we lost in the first round last year and people are dumb. I get that. Don't feed into it by overreacting.

We're still one of the 2 or 3 best teams in the East, and we still have all the room we had before the Nash trade to make improvements. If Horton is healthy I still don't hate our chances against the Rangers. Lundqvist scares me more than that offense TBH.
Did the Rags improve? Yes
Have the Bruins? No
Did the Rags handle Bs last year? Yes
Is there reason to believe with the loss of Thomas the Bruins will be better? No
Can the Bruins expect to score more against the Rags? No
Can the Rags expect to score more against the Bruins? Perhaps, on the PP for sure.

CDJ

So the Rangers got Nash for a box of Sather's taint sweat. Excellent work Howson.

Old
07-23-2012, 03:18 PM
Ivyy13
Resu Deretsiger

Despite Columbus getting a terrible return..At least I think they did.. They don't look all that bad.

Dubinsky, Anisimov, Umberger, Prospal, Brassard, Foligno, Johansen, Atkinson.

Johnson, Wiznewski, Tyutin

Still need a goalie though.

Old
BoyntBergie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
Paille does not equal Dubinsky... and Erixon has a much higher ceiling than Krug
Anisimov isn't Peverley either.

Call me crazy, but I don't think this deal is anywhere near as bad as people are making it out to be.

People are down on Dubinsky cause he had an off year but he's still a very good player. He's 2 seasons removed from being the rumored centerpiece in a Kessel to NYR deal that most of us were fine with, some (myself included) even excited about the prospect of.

Erixon projects to be a solid top 4 D at least.

Anisimov is a big, young center coming into his own who had a very strong post season.

Add in a 1st, and I don't think this is a bad deal at all for the BJs.

None of those guys has the sizzle Nash does, but they got 3 good, young players who should be part of their core for a long time.

Old
bruinmann77

I soory but the b"s still need scoring and Ryan would help with healthy Horton. But one issue is in goal can RASk stay healthy and can he be the #1 man. Until then this team a big question mark.PC waiting for second round of trades to happen to make a move.

Old
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
QFT.

No team is perfect.
Question: Did NY get better today? Just wondering.

Old
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan12 View Post
Despite Columbus getting a terrible return..At least I think they did.. They don't look all that bad.

Dubinsky, Anisimov, Umberger, Prospal, Brassard, Foligno, Johansen, Atkinson.

Johnson, Wiznewski, Tyutin

Still need a goalie though.
That is a lottery team lineup. If we were icing that band of idiots I'd take the year off.

Old
07-23-2012, 03:19 PM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBergy View Post
Gotta say, with Weber in the fold that Philly defense automatically becomes strong enough to give that team an extra round in the playoffs minimum.
Gotta say, noooooooooooooooooope.

It's like the bruins were until we got Seidenberg. Whenever their bigtime #1 is not on the ice, goals against will happen. And they don't exactly have Tim Thomas between the pipes or a strong defensive system to bail them out.

Quote:
He is the equivalen of our Chara, a huge minute-eater that means we see 10 minutes less of Andrei Mezsaros every time we play them.
And who's the other defenseman that even Chara has to have on hand to play dominant hockey when he's resting to make an entire defense click? Meszaros?

They don't have a Seidenberg or even a Boychuk on that defense. It's Weber and Not Much. This is the 08-09 version of the defense. The one that utterly fell apart when a couple guys got hurt and Chara was playing through something.

And again -- their goaltender is very mediocre, and won't be saving their butts like Timmy did.

Quote:
In fact, the top 4 of Philly >>> the top 4 of Boston with Weber there
Not even a little bit. Not even freaking close, unless Pronger is healthy and ROFLMAO.

Old
07-23-2012, 03:19 PM
TP
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1235307

Closed Thread