HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Nash, Delisle, Cond. 3rd Rnd to Rangers for Dubinsky, Anisimov, Erixon, 1st Rnd

Closed Thread

Old
07-23-2012, 02:24 PM
FlaggerX

vCash: 500
This deal isn't near as bad as everyone is making out. Both Dubinsky and Anisimov are young, play with energy and have both potted better then fifty point seasons in the NHL. They aren't the scorer Nash was, but we weren't going to get that. Erixson is a legit top pairing defensive prospect, and he's signed for a while. Feel real good about the blue line depth chart her and in both pro leagues. Plus a first.

This could have been a lot worse.

Old
07-23-2012, 02:24 PM
Roadman
Moving On

What is really interesting about this is the same people that have ragged on Rick Nash over the last few years are the same ones that are crucifying Howson for not getting more for him.

I post, therefore I am.
Old
07-23-2012, 02:25 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Erixon is Jeff Carter Part II waiting to happen. Bundle him into a package for a right winger or a goalie.
Frolik for Erixon?

Fro can play both sides

Old
07-23-2012, 02:26 PM
MFRONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
What is really interesting about this is the same people that have ragged on Rick Nash over the last few years are the same ones that are crucifying Howson for not getting more for him.
Best post of the thread.

Old
smitty10

Ouch. Why would Howson add for that? Not a very good deal straight up for Nash let alone after adding picks +...

Old
RDriesenUD

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie

Quote:
I would imagine the minor leaguer going to NYR from CBJ is because CBJ would have been over 50 contract limit with additions from NYR.

Old
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaggerX View Post
This deal isn't near as bad as everyone is making out. Both Dubinsky and Anisimov are young, play with energy and have both potted better then fifty point seasons in the NHL. They aren't the scorer Nash was, but we weren't going to get that. Erixson is a legit top pairing defensive prospect, and he's signed for a while. Feel real good about the blue line depth chart her and in both pro leagues. Plus a first.

Anisimov has never potted more then 44 pts

Old
Bobcat110

PLEASE LET THERE BE A LOCKOUT.

Old
07-23-2012, 02:27 PM
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners

vCash: 2000
We didn't get enough.

I am hoping for a long work stoppage, that way I won't have to watch the garbage that has become CBJ hockey

Old
07-23-2012, 02:28 PM
cslebn

looking at the depth chart now (too soon I know) but I have know idea what lines could possibly be made out of this team. The least I can say is, good luck trying to match a shut down pair with our top line now all you other teams!

Old
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandJacketFan View Post
But you are missing my point.

My point is that neither deal should have been good enough to get Rick Nash.
Fair enough. I thought your initial point was the prior deal was better, which I disagree with. Maybe. (still processing).

Old
ClevelandJacketFan
Awesome Mascots!

The only way I'd be happy with this trade is if it is a lead up to a Bobby Ryan trade.

Old
crashthenet

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaggerX View Post

Don't take this the wong way but you're not seeing this right. The rangers gave up nothing of consequence to them.

Erixon was not making the team this year, Aisimov was totaly expendable and Dubinsky had played his way down in the line-up.

Old
07-23-2012, 02:29 PM
MidnightRanger

Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
Both Dubinsky and Anisimov are great glue guys. Dubinsky has captain potential. Both can swing between 3rd and 2nd lines. I think Anisimov has great potential to become a much better player than he is now, he is still a pup. Whereas Brandon is what you see is what you get, except he had a down year last year but he can score 20-25 goals easily on any other year. Anisimov is a great defensive player as well as both are excellent penalty killers that will sacrifice body and soul for their team.

Old
KevyD
Make It 30!!!!

As someone who HATES the Rangers, this deal makes me ill.

Old
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 50
I know you guys are pissed because there's a low chance of any of the pieces you received reaching a "superstar" level, but Dubinsky and AA are very good pieces to have on your team regardless. I will certainly miss them, but I'm happy with this deal.

I have to say this about Dubinsky though, he had a down year this past season, BUT before then it was a heated debate among Rangers fans about who is better between him and Callahan, and also who would be a better captain. Dubinsky, when he is playing at the level he's capable of, is a definite 2nd liner. He carries the puck pretty well and is a heart and soul player. He has a lot of swagger as well and will definitely drop the gloves to protect team mates. Definite captain material, and at the very least he can serve as a great role model to your younger guys.

He really is a very good player, a guy any team would love to have. Sure his cap hit is slightly high, but I have no doubts that he can match his value relative to it in the upcoming season. He has a lot of pride and I don't see him repeating the lower performance he put up last year.

As for Anisimov, another guy you're gonna love. Occasionaly shows incredible stick handling and is a fantastic 3C. Both Dubi and AA and great PK guys as well.

Erixon was our top defensive prospect. He was soft when he got his cup of tea with the Rangers early in '11-'12, but he really has a good head on his shoulders. Obviously it's buyer beware with him because he forced a trade before, but even if he tries to pull the same crap with you guys you can get a decent return for him. You could probably turn him into a second rounder if that's the case.

The first will be low in all liklihood, but it's supposed to be a deep draft in '13.

Overall this was not the package most of you were probably expecting, but make no mistake, these guys WILL help you! Best of luck to your team in the future.

Old
redsfanhere*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Glover View Post
We didn't get enough.

I am hoping for a long work stoppage, that way I won't have to watch the garbage that has become CBJ hockey
I hoping fans goes down to arena with their signs again obviously they didnt listen 1st time get howson out

Old
07-23-2012, 02:30 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

I see a lot of sad reactions? Don't you guys want a fresh start with some new players that are pretty good? It may seem bad, but you guys weren't going anywhere with Nash. Maybe this isn't so bad as it is. I think its actually good to have new faces/ talent in your roster. Could jump start.

Old
07-23-2012, 02:31 PM
Bobcat110

Quote:
Originally Posted by *********** View Post
Don't take this the wong way but you're not seeing this right. The rangers gave up nothing of consequence to them.

Erixon was not making the team this year, Aisimov was totaly expendable and Dubinsky had played his way down in the line-up.
Which makes us wonder "Why Now?" What happened that Howson woke up this morning and said "F it! Hey NY give us 3 expendable players and a draft pick" when he could've done that in February.

Old
07-23-2012, 02:31 PM
ClevelandJacketFan
Awesome Mascots!

From all the people that have come here, it seems we traded Nash for two RJ Umberger's and maybe someday a top pairing defenseman.

Still, that's a large MEH.

Old
07-23-2012, 02:32 PM
hawksfan50

If anything the CBJ's are quite well sized now at centre:

NICK FOLIGNO 6'0 208
BRANDON DUBINSKY 6'1 210
ATREM ANISIMOV 6'4 200

Already had:

R.J. UMBERGER 6'2 220
RYAN JOHANSEN 6'3 192
DERRICK BRASSARD 6'1 199 (though he is always thought of as small)
VINNY PROSPAL 6'2 195
COLTON GILLIES 6'4 208
CODY BASS 6'0 205
DARRYL BOYCE 6'0 200
all these are listed as centres but with such a logjam Foligno probably plays LW and other centres willneed to take a wing spot to stay--you can only play 4 centres...
----------------------------------------------
In addition they have other centres:

Mark Letestu 5'11 195
Andrew Joudrey 5'11 185
Derek McKenzie 5'11 178
Ryan Russell 5'10 180

obviously these smaller centres are in tough to try to keep a spot now--certainly not at centre..

Old
07-23-2012, 02:33 PM
DJAnimosity
the ol knifey moloko

Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
CapGeek ‏@capgeek
Cap hits of Dubinsky, Anisimov and Erixon: $7.825M. Cap hit of Nash: $7.8M

Old
07-23-2012, 02:33 PM
Nordique

Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe View Post
All I wanted was ONE piece that would make me feel good. Instead, it's two that are kinda sorta ok and one I'm highly skeptical of. Pick is a pick, good to have, never felt it was necessarily necessary given the other pieces.

Edit: AND we gave up pieces the other way.
Yep, pretty much sums up my thoughts on the matter. Now we have a glut of defensemen and 2nd liners and as far as I can tell, not a legit 1st line skater on the roster...and of course there is that problem in net.

A Bobby Ryan deal would be welcome news.

Old
07-23-2012, 02:34 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
The Defensemen going the other way is Steve Delisle.

07-23-2012, 02:35 PM
Skraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
I see a lot of sad reactions? Don't you guys want a fresh start with some new players that are pretty good? It may seem bad, but you guys weren't going anywhere with Nash. Maybe this isn't so bad as it is. I think its actually good to have new faces/ talent in your roster. Could jump start.
It's a combination of it being hard to say goodbye to the "face of the franchise" combined with unrealistic expectations many had for what the return would be.

Even if you know the kick is coming, it still hurts when the foot hits you in the nuts.

Closed Thread