HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Like the trade, don't like the trade

View Poll Results: Do you like the trade for Nash?
Yes 397 90.23%
No 43 9.77%
Voters: 440. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-23-2012, 04:49 PM
HometownHockey
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Sather pulled off another impressive deal!

HometownHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 04:53 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Going to miss AA. Favorite player since the AHL days, as some of you now. But I love the trade.

Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:00 PM
NYRangers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
I agree. I don't think this necessarily makes us a much better offensive team than we were yesterday.
There's this too...Nash is really not gonna suddenly be a different player than he was. If all we care about are the 30 goals couldnt we have traded for a guy with a 4-5m cap hit? 7.8m for 30 goals is just horrible. And let's face it, Dubi put up 50+ pts 2 years ago...right around where Nash was this year. Obviously Nash is the better offensive player, but 3.6m better? lol

NYRangers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:08 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen View Post
Going to miss AA. Favorite player since the AHL days, as some of you now. But I love the trade.
Same here.

Good trade IMO. Gives us a nice 1-2 punch and all we lost is 3rd liners.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:09 PM
Dr. Ogrodnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers16 View Post
There's this too...Nash is really not gonna suddenly be a different player than he was. If all we care about are the 30 goals couldnt we have traded for a guy with a 4-5m cap hit? 7.8m for 30 goals is just horrible. And let's face it, Dubi put up 50+ pts 2 years ago...right around where Nash was this year. Obviously Nash is the better offensive player, but 3.6m better? lol
Obviously the cap hit isn't ideal. But being the same player he was surrounded by other talent and other scorers that demand defensive attention might turn him into a 40 goal scorer. If Gaborik comes back healthy and Kreider can produce for a season the Rangers are suddenly a handful to deal with on offense.

Dr. Ogrodnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:10 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacUSNYR View Post
My Hockey Brain likes the trade. My Rangers heart is kinda sore.
agree i know Nash can offer things that none of the players in the deal can, but growing to love homegrown players its tough to part with guys like Dubi and Artie. I dont know i want those guys to do well nonethless, only time will tell. Happy we didnt trade Hagelin, but i would have like Del Zotto moved over one of the forwards esp Artie who is a big two way center not easy to find.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:12 PM
Dr. Ogrodnick

As good as a team the Rangers were last year, they had 1 legitimate sniper. Now the Rangers have 2, and that could turn quickly into 3 depending on Kreider's development.

Dr. Ogrodnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:14 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurHometown View Post
Sather pulled off another impressive deal!
I would not call it impressive Dubi was our best forward 2 years and anisimov is a legit two way center with continual uspide. than you have a first rounder with a top D prospect thats quite a bit for a 60 point guy.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers16 View Post
I don't think it is a coincidence that Nash had his best statistical season (2009) in the year Columbus made the playoffs. And if you look at their team offense & defense stats the reason they were competitive that year was defense and goaltending.

Winning breeds confidence, and confidence breeds success.

Oh and not having to be THE TOP AND ONLY TARGET when facing Suter, Weber (hopefully), Keith, Seabrook, and Lidstrom (not to mention Kronwall, Pietrangelo, etc) a combined 24 times a year should help too.

TankLarkin

Love it. Add Kreider and Nash to a first place line up. Dare I say it. Okay, I won't.

and maybe Doan?

TankLarkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:20 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

The Rangers moved parts that they could spare for a legit star, that said the gave up essentially 4 players and I really hate losing Erixon. That's a steep price!

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:21 PM
OverTheCap

I'm neutral about it.

Didn't want Nash in the first place but knew that a deal was inevitable, and on paper this is a deal that looks good. But, as a Rangers fan, I am well aware that although a team can look good on paper, it may not translate to on-ice success. We'll see what happens.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:24 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
I'm neutral about it.

Didn't want Nash in the first place but knew that a deal was inevitable, and on paper this is a deal that looks good. But, as a Rangers fan, I am well aware that although a team can look good on paper, it may not translate to on-ice success. We'll see what happens.
Too many deals like exactly what you've described lead the Rangers to their worst years since I've been a fan. That's why I don't like this deal.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:24 PM
RonGreschner

Just wished they could have held onto Erixon, but they didn't give up Miller Thomas or Fogerty and they restocked the D with this yrs draft I was hoping Sather could have given up Borque instead of Exrion. just hope this deal improves the PP and there
is a 2012-13 season.

RonGreschner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:26 PM
Killem Dafoe
k.

vCash: 50
How can you not like this trade?

We get Nash.

We traded less assets than we originally even offered for Nash which Howson rejected.

We get Nash.

Killem Dafoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
RonGreschner

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Too many deals like exactly what you've described lead the Rangers to their worst years since I've been a fan. That's why I don't like this deal.
I hope this turns into the second coming of Messier deal or at worst Barry Beck

RonGreschner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ALI

what do your guys line up loook like now

Kreider Richards Nash
Callahan Stephan Gaborik
? ? ?
? ? ?

? ?
? ?
? ?

ALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:27 PM
Killem Dafoe
k.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonGreschner View Post
Just wished they could have held onto Erixon, but they didn't give up Miller Thomas or Fogerty and they restocked the D with this yrs draft I was hoping Sather could have given up Borque instead of Exrion. just hope this deal improves the PP and there
is a 2012-13 season.
I'm urked by it as well, but if Howson didn't want Thomas and Sather didn't want to give up Miller, then I can get behind Erixon for a guy like Nash.

Killem Dafoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:34 PM
SpeedDemon

reasons to like it - ends the tension/distractions in Columbus.

reasons to hate it
- ONESIDED/UNFAIR VALUE (Rangers got a gold piece Jackets got nickels and dimes)
-REDUNDANT (Blueshirts got enough talent in their system to not have to do this )

I so liked what the Rangers did the Spring before the lockout.Getting rid of all their high paid players (Holik, Nedved, Leetch, etc) I guess "rebuild" is not really in their vocabulary. Buying sure is. so hopiong they bomb out this deal like they did with free agency spending in past years

SpeedDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:34 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
I like the package, but not the $7.8 per
that was a big concern for me but I didn't expect the cap to go up so much so the real concern now is what sort of shenanigans we'll see coming out of the CBA.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:47 PM
eco's bones

We don't know what the lines are going to be like but we do know that Torts likes to juggle players--especially when you things aren't going well.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:47 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1PredsFan1IslesFan View Post
I guess "rebuild" is not really in their vocabulary. Buying sure is. so hopiong they bomb out this deal like they did with free agency spending in past years
Actually, the Rangers did rebuild. They just did it while maintaining a competitive team. The rebuild is what allowed them to make this trade.

Tawnos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:54 PM
haveandare

Wish we didn't have to lose Erixon but I was crossing my fingers for Dubi, AA and a first, so adding Erixon doesn't ruin the deal although it stings a bit.

Lots of people are underrating Dubi and AA I think - neither of them is Nash, but they're not the garbage pieces that some people are making them out to be and Erixon could turn out to be a very nice piece on D.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:57 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
this trade can range anywhere from ok to good to great. it really depends on the new CBA and how it all shakes out. until we hear about those new restrictions etc., then the jury will still be out.

if you're looking at it as a straight hockey trade its a no brainer and you had to make it. you dont give up too much. welcome to broadway rick

trueblue9441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 06:00 PM
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

Love this deal...

We trade Dubinsky and Anisimov who are replaceable, Tim Erixon was really not needed due to the youth of our defense. I love this deal, I will miss Dubi though ;(

Tony D63 is offline   Reply With Quote