HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Satan to Islanders, Visnovsky maybe not

Old
07-23-2012, 02:14 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
Tomorrow at work your boss tells you that you have been traded to a company in Japan. All the moving fees are paid for so money is not an issue, how do you feel about it?
If I was making three million for the next year? I'd start brushing up on my Japanese.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 02:19 PM
CanseiDeSerBreakcore
'Charro Unchained'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Ritchey View Post
If I was making three million for the next year? I'd start brushing up on my Japanese.

All these people making excuses for this mess on the basis that "well, it's the Islanders" need to come off it. You're playing a game.....for more money than most folks never see in a life time. Suck it up, get your big boy pants on and report. It's not hard.

CanseiDeSerBreakcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 02:20 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Snow gave up nothing for Nabby as he was an internationally inbound waiver pick-up. The WC's also provided Nabby incentive to be a good soldier - they negotiated like gentlemen after the initial cold reception and came to fair terms. In the end, he liked it enough and played well enough to warrant an extension. More ground there for a gentleman's handshake of an agreement.
Nabokov was an unhappy as Vis is, when he found out he was a NYI.
He also tried to wiggle out of his contract.

Tolling his contract gave him zero opportunity to go elsewhere. He had little choice but to act professionally IF he wanted to play ion the NHL. It's great that he came to like the team and wanted an extension, but let's not forget that his comments and actions were as embarrassing, as Vis current comments and actions.

Quote:
Visno was acquired for a pick. He had a poor year last year, having lost a friend in Pavol Demitra (from what I heard, it hit him pretty hard), was struggling through injuries and doesn't seem to want the responsibility to be the #2 d-man for a young team.
I don't think the isles need him to be their #2 d-man. He improves the Isles defense if he is just playing on the 2nd pairing.

Vis is a quality,top 4 defenseman, who fits into Snow's tight budget. I think a 2nd for one yr of Vis was a very good price.

Quote:
I think the Isles could be better served finding him someplace to go he won't dispute or getting that pick back and using it on someone different.
Snow had his Erhoff contract rejected in June 2011. The market to acquire an affordable upgrade in the top 4,was such a bad market for buyers, that Snow couldn't find a deal he liked until roughly a yr later.

I think Snow likes both the phanton cap hit and the offense Vis can bring to the pp.

Quote:
Also, Nabby threated retirement before he & his family started digging Long Island. Visnovsky has been rumored to contemplte retirement while still in Anaheim. Nabby wanted to win both internationally and in the NHL, and has the chance to do so, as he can still get flipped at the '13 deadline as long as his #'s are strong. Nabokov comes off as noticably more driven, while Visno seems to have been contemplating hanging up the skates seriously for a little longer.
If Vis did not want to play in the NHL, he'd sign with a European team. He wouldn't be trying to get his trade from Anaheim voided.

I think Vis wants to play in the NHL, just not for the isles. Too bad . Suck it up Vis.
I hope the contract stands and Snow tells Vis that if he wants to play in th NHL, it'll be for the isles.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 02:21 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
It only moots it if you are dealt before the contract kicks in, which is the case here.

AKA Ryan Smyth, was dealt from COL to LA, but his NMC was still valid that he forced DL's hands to deal him to Edmonton.
Smyth had a clause that kicked in 2010 July 1st, being traded doesn't moot a clause that kicks in at a later date in his contract.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:01 PM
Noreaster96

Quote:
Tomorrow at work your boss tells you that you have been traded to a company in Japan. All the moving fees are paid for so money is not an issue, how do you feel about it?
Am I getting paid millions of dollars to work around 6 months a year playing a game I love while having the ability to live wherever else I wanted for te other 6 months and get to retire with financial security for me and my family and their families as well? If so then heck yeah, sign me up... Yeah your comparison doesn't hold water

Noreaster96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:32 PM
LetsGoIslanders

Rangers get Nash, and Visnovsky tries to back out of a trade to the Isles.

Another wonderful day in Isles country.

LetsGoIslanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:44 PM
HockeyShack

vCash: 50
Feel bad he was traded, but he should go play for the Isles. They'll be a good team this year.

HockeyShack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:45 PM
IslesNorway

Quote:
I grin and bear it.

Long Island isn't like moving to Japan, but if I was being paid $5 million a year to do my job then I'd accept it.

Do you think Dubinksy or Anisimov are happy today at being traded to Columbus? Hell no. But will they complain publicly about it? Nope.yer told me I'd have to move to another branch of the company, maybe I wouldn't be too happy but I'd accept it to keep getting paid.

IslesNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:46 PM
The Last Baron*

Can't blame him - it's in his contract.

The Last Baron* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:49 PM
IslesNorway

Quote:
double post. sorry

IslesNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:55 PM
Dan-o16

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesNorway View Post
Do you think Dubinksy or Anisimov are happy today at being traded to Columbus? Hell no. But will they complain publicly about it? Nope.yer told me I'd have to move to another branch of the company, maybe I wouldn't be too happy but I'd accept it to keep getting paid.

These comparisons people make between themselves and pro-athletes at the end of their career are pretty silly when you actually stop and think about it.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 04:16 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
There's no way Satan is coming back to Long Island.
Satan is already here.......his name is WANG

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 04:21 PM
CanseiDeSerBreakcore
'Charro Unchained'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post

These comparisons people make between themselves and pro-athletes at the end of their career are pretty silly when you actually stop and think about it.

Cheers,

Dan-o
Please elaborate. While the initial comparison may be 'off' to some, if Visno truly does have an NTC, I could see that as valid and the trade getting reversed, but people move to where the money is all the time.

I'd like to see if the trade gets invalidated by the league first before I assign too much blame, though if he's balking at playing on Long Island, the circumstances that swung Nabby into our corner aren't there for Visno, and I'd sooner see him moved for someone willing to buy in for a year or more.....I'm not sure if Anaheim dropped the ball or Visnovsky did, but regardless I don't like the egg on the face of my favorite team. Again. For the fifth time I can think of in 4 seconds. Visno, Linden, Muller, Smyth, Nabokov. I only count two people who could "man up & can up" in that list, maybe three depending on how this progresses.

Old
07-23-2012, 04:21 PM
CanseiDeSerBreakcore
'Charro Unchained'

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
Satan is already here.......his name is WANG
Um......WIN.

/

Old
07-23-2012, 04:36 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoIslanders View Post
Rangers get Nash, and Visnovsky tries to back out of a trade to the Isles.

Another wonderful day in Isles country.
Rangers should trade for Visnovsky.

Need a player like him to play alongside Marc Staal.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 04:45 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Rangers should trade for Visnovsky.

Need a player like him to play alongside Marc Staal.
Only if the deal is ruled invalid and Vis is declared an Anaheim Duck.Then the Ducks would probably trade him.

I can't see Snow trading Vis.

Old
07-23-2012, 04:45 PM
Cu Culann

Quote:
Silly comparison, not even changing countries or languages. Also, for 3 million bucks, at the tail end of a contract that already paid much more than that. Also, Japan is awesome anyways. What is the point again...?

Cu Culann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 04:52 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Helene Elliott ‏@helenenothelen
nhlpa confirms that it field a grievance over Visnovsky trade to NY Islanders. Grievance was filed June 30.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Gliff
Wild Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cu Culann View Post
Silly comparison, not even changing countries or languages. Also, for 3 million bucks, at the tail end of a contract that already paid much more than that. Also, Japan is awesome anyways. What is the point again...?
That none of us have any right to criticizing him for wanting his contract terms upheld. Whatever reasons he has, he obviously wants his terms upheld and some people like where they live and after making millions and playing for 15 years, maybe where he lives is worth more to him then money.

Just a thought

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:07 PM
Noreaster96

Quote:
That none of us have any right to criticizing him for wanting his contract terms upheld. Whatever reasons he has, he obviously wants his terms upheld and some people like where they live and after making millions and playing for 15 years, maybe where he lives is worth more to him then money.

Just a thought
Doesn't change the fact that your argument was mularkey... The way I look at it is if its actually a legitimite gripe, then yeah send him back and penalize the ducks for violating it. If not then he stays with the Isles, not much to do about it

Noreaster96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:18 PM
Shinsuke Nakamura
King of Strong Style

Quote:
I'd feel great. I love Japanese culture. I'd also keep my job and the moving expenses are paid for? Count me in.

Shinsuke Nakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:31 PM
Monarchist

Can someone confirm whether or not he submitted a list of teams?

Let's say the clause was alive when the Oilers traded him, and the Ducks didn't say they weren't honoring it, and Lubo didn't submit a list of teams. What then? Does the wording of the standard contract clause say it is the team's responsibility to ask for it or the player's to give it?

Monarchist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:34 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Helene Elliott ‏@helenenothelen
nhlpa confirms that it field a grievance over Visnovsky trade to NY Islanders. Grievance was filed June 30.
Filed over 3 weeks ago.

When is the grievance going before arbitration ?

Old
07-23-2012, 05:41 PM
Dan-o16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Acrostic View Post
Please elaborate. While the initial comparison may be 'off' to some, if Visno truly does have an NTC, I could see that as valid and the trade getting reversed, but people move to where the money is all the time.
Okay. Imagine you're 64 years old. And you have recently accumulated something around 10 times more than you require to retire. And you've got really great kids and grandkids. Oh, and your work requires you to be in a different country than your native country. And then, your company wants you to move across country at 40% less pay pay than you made last year. Then they want to transfer you to help resuscitate a failing wing of the corp. Imagine also that you're also the sort of guy who has interests in other things.

The comparison isn't "'off to some'", it's plain silly.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:43 PM
isles31
Poster Excellont

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Filed over 3 weeks ago.

When is the grievance going before arbitration ?
i feel like a trade grievance would be a top priority, especially considering the isles have gone 3 weeks thinking they got a top 4 dman when that may not be the case...and they could use the past few weeks getting(trying) to get someone else.

isles31 is offline   Reply With Quote