HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TSN: Rick Nash+S. Delisle+cond. 3rd to NYR for Dubinsky+Anisimov+Erixon+2013 1st

Closed Thread

Old
07-23-2012, 06:12 PM
Vidic15

vCash: 500
Yikes! Torts didn't watch a second of the final. I hope Sullivan took notes.

Old
mschmidt64

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Chariot View Post
Pretty close....

Actually losing Erixon is the only real sting in this deal for NYR
... and it's at a position where the top 4 are really already filled out.

Old
Kershaw

Yankees acquire Ichiro!

Old
07-23-2012, 06:14 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Ichiro is done.

Old
07-23-2012, 06:14 PM
MPJohnny5

Prust was promised some things by Montreal Torts says and I told him to be careful of that. Must be playing time

Old
07-23-2012, 06:15 PM
Lundsanity30

why do I get the feeling Nash wanted the Rangers all along?

Old
07-23-2012, 06:18 PM
MPJohnny5

DEF his first choice, best chance to win NOW

Old
07-23-2012, 06:20 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPJohnny5 View Post
Prust was promised some things by Montreal Torts says and I told him to be careful of that. Must be playing time
Probably a factor in too as to why we didn't land Schultz.

Old
Thunderhead

Good trade , love it .

Old
Janerixon

Quote:
As much as I like Prust... going to the Habs is going to be a huge fail for him. He fit the style of play of this team and filled a role nicely. We have seen players who have looked great here on the bottom lines go elsewhere and sink into oblivion

Ortmeyer
Betts
Orr

Prust in Montreal will be like Orr in Toronto, he will not be able to do what he did here there. He will fight, but some players are just built for certain teams and don't translate well. All we have to do is think of Kotalik for a recent example.

I really do wish Prust the best and hope he proves me wrong, but the Habs are a very different team, under immense pressure, and play a different style of hockey than the Rangers.

Old
Ola

I gotta say this, this is the biggest off-season moment ever for me as a Rangerfan. I was never that excited for Gomez and Drury. Jagr and Bure was big, but we were just a mess back than and I couldn't stand our 80's coaching approch and basically knew we were never going anywhere.

Pittsburg, Boston and Philly are still great teams, and in no way does this guarantee that we will beat those teams and get to the SCF's. But Rick Nash might possibly be -- IMHO -- the biggest talent (Messier was as much as a talent about his intaglibles), in his prime, that we ever brought to NY. That sounds extreme, but he is really special. He doesn't have the pedigree of someone like Messier or the history of Jagr. But he isn't 30 y/o. Or 34 y/o. He is in his prime.

John Tortorella is probably the absoulte best possible coach for him. And the team we have in NY will be great for him.

And it happend. Deals like this never happens.

Old
07-23-2012, 06:22 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
As much as I like Prust... going to the Habs is going to be a huge fail for him. He fit the style of play of this team and filled a role nicely. We have seen players who have looked great here on the bottom lines go elsewhere and sink into oblivion

Ortmeyer
Betts
Orr

Prust in Montreal will be like Orr in Toronto, he will not be able to do what he did here there. He will fight, but some players are just built for certain teams and don't translate well. All we have to do is think of Kotalik for a recent example.

I really do wish Prust the best and hope he proves me wrong, but the Habs are a very different team, under immense pressure, and play a different style of hockey than the Rangers.
So his financial security shouldnt play a role in his decision?

Old
07-23-2012, 06:23 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
#NYR Howson said this was pretty much deal him and Sather discussed Fri night. A bit more negotiating today on what CBJ would add in w/Nash
Quote:
#NYR Howson: "The Rangers were the team that showed the most interest in Rick, consistently."
https://twitter.com/KatieStrangESPN

Old
MPJohnny5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post

Ortmeyer
Betts
Orr

Exactly what I thought, I just dont see the fit for him there with there speed and less grinding. Good for him tho well see what happens

Old
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
Everyone chanted, "We don't want you!"
Oh yea. That. Forgot about that

****ing ******* idiots.

Old
07-23-2012, 06:25 PM
Captain Monglobster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I gotta say this, this is the biggest off-season moment ever for me as a Rangerfan. I was never that excited for Gomez and Drury. Jagr and Bure was big, but we were just a mess back than and I couldn't stand our 80's coaching approch and basically knew we were never going anywhere.

Pittsburg, Boston and Philly are still great teams, and in no way does this guarantee that we will beat those teams and get to the SCF's. But Rick Nash might possibly be -- IMHO -- the biggest talent (Messier was as much as a talent about his intaglibles), in his prime, that we ever brought to NY. That sounds extreme, but he is really special. He doesn't have the pedigree of someone like Messier or the history of Jagr. But he isn't 30 y/o. Or 34 y/o. He is in his prime.

John Tortorella is probably the absoulte best possible coach for him. And the team we have in NY will be great for him.

And it happend. Deals like this never happens.
This is exactly how I feel, I have goosebumps thinking about it. The fact that they didn't destroy the core of the team, its too good to be true.

Old
07-23-2012, 06:27 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
So his financial security shouldnt play a role in his decision?
It clearly did, but you have to look at how successful and how happy you are going to be. Have you ever worked a job that wasn't what you thought it would be? Have you ever moved for work and that job happened to be in the biggest market with the highest expectations?

Prust took the money, I don't have a problem with that. However, he was in a perfect fit on a team that played his style... The Canadians are not the Rangers and are not going to change how they play because Brandon Prust is there. The odds are much more likely of him becoming the throw in player he was in Calgary than the fan favorite who did everything except score like he did for the Rangers.

Time will tell

Old
07-23-2012, 06:27 PM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey

Old
07-23-2012, 06:28 PM
ThisYearsModel

Quote:
Free French lessons?

Old
07-23-2012, 06:28 PM
The Perfect Paradox
Beyond Good and Evil

The only thing that concerns me about the trade is the lack of depth on the third line. The thought of having Boyle out against other speedy third lines makes me cringe. Once Gaborik is healthy, one of Hagelin, Kreider or Callahan will be on the third line; but, the lack of a third line center is what concerns me the most. IMO, center is the most important offensive position and not having a capable third line center may be a bigger problem than originally thought.

I would be ecstatic if Slats signed one of Hecht, Arnott or Langkow as a stop gap until a prospect can take over the responsibilities. In this market, it might be difficult to snag one of them on a cheap 1/2 year deal but considering our situation, it would definitely be worth a try.

Old
07-23-2012, 06:32 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Hookers and blow

Old
07-23-2012, 06:35 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
why do I get the feeling Nash wanted the Rangers all along?
Because the NY Rangers look like A CONTENDER.

07-23-2012, 06:36 PM
adam94
BU Terriers

Very pleased with this deal. So much respect for Slats being patient and bringing Howson back to earth. This is exactly the kind of deal I was expecting/hoping.

It's a shame we had to lose Dubi, but it was necessary for this deal to take place. Best of luck to him as well as Anisimov and Erixon.

Old
07-23-2012, 06:36 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henrik 30 View Post
The only thing that concerns me about the trade is the lack of depth on the third line.
Ha Torts will have Gabby, Krieder and Nash on different lines... which come to think of it will be pretty scarey

Old
07-23-2012, 06:37 PM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

One moment I will always remember of Anisimov is this:

We are on the powerplay for a penalty by Jagr, when Anisimov gets a pass from Girardi. He gets hooked by Bourdon, juggles free, shoots, scores and gets hit by a high stick from Kubina. Result:

- A powerplay goal
- 3-0 up against the Flyers in Philly
- Bourdon 2 min. for the hooking call
- Kubina doulbe minor (4 minutes) for the high stick

Giving us a 5-on-3 powerplay that turns to a Callahan goal for the 4-0 lead still in the 1st period. We won the match 5-3, but this was my Anisimov moment for his time with the Rangers.

Closed Thread