HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

TSN: Rick Nash+S. Delisle+cond. 3rd to NYR for Dubinsky+Anisimov+Erixon+2013 1st

Closed Thread

Old
07-23-2012, 06:07 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
well Miller does have the potential to be much better than either Dubi or Artie, but no guarantees.
No way. I think Miller turns out to be a carbon copy of Dubi. Rugged, scrappy 2 way 50 point player.

07-23-2012, 06:07 PM
beastly115

vCash: 500
Probably already been answered but... where is Nash's natural position? Is he a natural LW?

Old
07-23-2012, 06:08 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
I don't know what was "mentally draining" about it. Sure he had a **** ton of reporters asking him but that couldn't be it.
Maybe that as much as he wanted to be traded to the Rangers, there was a part of him that still held emotion for the Jackets. I can see where its coming from.

Its like a relationship that is on the outs. There will always be a part of you that will care for another person and as much as you may want a change it is tough to move on. Sorry for the analogy its the best I have

Old
07-23-2012, 06:08 PM
hagsfan924

i don't think we need to add any more outside forwards...
id be happy if our lineup shakes up like this after gaborik returns...

nash-richards-callahan
kreider-stepan-gaborik
hagelin-miller/boyle-thomas/pyatt
boyle/pyatt-halpern-rupp/asham
extra rupp/asham/pyatt (rotate)

i don't think both miller AND thomas will be on the team to start the season, but i think one of them could potentially earn a spot and should be given the opportunity to do so. i also think guys like bourque, haley, newbury and yogan could see time up with the team this season. maybe a depth guy like arnott, winchester, or moore thats still available could be invited to training camp like feds was a few seasons ago.

on D...mcd, staal, girardi, del zotto, and stralman would be 5 of the 7 for me. bickel is presumably the 7th dman so that leaves one spot open. i think Colaiacovo or Huskins is someone they should look at for that last spot. maybe like a 2 year deal for around $4.5-5 mil total could get it done for cola or $1-2 mil for huskins?

Last edited by hagsfan924: 07-23-2012 at 06:13 PM. Reason: typo
Old
07-23-2012, 06:09 PM
MorrisWanchuk

LOL

TSN 'That's Hockey" have our 4th line center as Halpern/Mitchell.

Old
07-23-2012, 06:09 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Wound up giving arguably more value w/ 2 NHL roster players going the other way.

Thats fine if you were against it then, but to turn around and absolutely love it now is pretty strange.
Considering the rumors at the time were that Howson was asking for some combination of McDonough, Stepan, Kreider and/or Del Zotto, in a ddition to Dubinsky and a #1, it's fairly easy to see why fans at MSG were not willing to acquire Nash at that time.

Old
07-23-2012, 06:10 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastly115 View Post
Probably already been answered but... where is Nash's natural position? Is he a natural LW?
Yes, just started playing RW recently. I think out of need.

Old
07-23-2012, 06:10 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastly115 View Post
Yes I believe so.

07-23-2012, 06:11 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH2 View Post
Both Artie and Dubi should flourish at Colombus where they'll get all the ice time they want. Wouldn't be surprised if they were the Jackets two leading scorers next year.
Agree 100000%. I think they will put up career years and all those fans from around the league who are claiming this package was garbage will then say that it was a fleecing, that the Rangers overpaid, and that we are back to our old ways of buying players...

Oh wait they already started on that last part.

Old
07-23-2012, 06:11 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubifan924 View Post
i don't think we need to add any more outside forwards...
id be happy if our lineup shakes up like this after gaborik returns...

nash-richards-callahan
kreider-stepan-gaborik
hagelin-miller/boyle-thomas/pyatt
boyle/pyatt-halpern-rupp/asham
extra rupp/asham/pyatt (rotate)

i don't think both miller AND thomas will be on the team to start the season, but i think one of them could potentially earn a spot and should be given the opportunity to do so. i also think guys like bourque, haley, newbury and yogan could see time up with the team this season. maybe a depth guy like arnott, winchester, or moore thats still available could be invited to training camp like feds was a few seasons ago.

on D...mcd, staal, girardi, del zotto, and stralman would be 5 of the 7 for me. bickel is presumably the 7th dman so that leaves one spot open. i think Colaiacovo is someone they should look at for that last spot. maybe like a 2 year deal for around $7-7.5 mil could get it done?
Now that theyve got Nash, might as well push hard for a Doan deal. If the Rangers are unable to sign him, oh well.

Defense needs work. Sign MDZ, sign Stralman, and then go out and sign a right-handed depth guy. Get Roszival in here and throw him in a different jersey so the 400's don't recognize him.

Old
07-23-2012, 06:12 PM
Pizza

I feel really bad to see Dubi and Arty gone. Nash has not seen a 40 goal season in ten years, so I was very reluctant to pay this high a price for him.

That said,,,,What's done is done. Rick Nash is now a New York Ranger. I will root like hell for the guy from here on out.

Old
07-23-2012, 06:12 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

FRI APR 5, 2013 RANGERS @ BLUE JACKETS

Very interesting...

Old
07-23-2012, 06:13 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
How many goals has Dubinsky scored since his insane hot streak at the beginning of the 2010-2011 season? I don't see him putting up the numbers he did in 2010-2011 again, because while that hot streak to start the season can't be discounted, he also led the entire league in empty net goals with 5. I wouldn't be surprised if he never tops 20 goals again. Given his cap hit, there was a risk of him becoming an albatross.

I also didn't see Anisimov as a long term fit here, because although he's responsible defensively, he just lacks the tenacity to be an effective third line center in this system. I'm glad we kept Miller over him.

Erixon is the piece that I think ends up the most valuable, but his lack of aggressiveness/passion was similarly a concern. Given our depth at LD, of the likely prospects they'd want, it was better to move him than Miller or McIlrath (although I expect Erixon to be a better overall player, McIlrath should fill that 2nd to 3rd pairing RD slot much better).

There's still a risk that Nash's numbers weren't a product of a bad situation and he doesn't give us more than 30-35g, and 60-65p. However, given the potential that he could also be a 40+g, 75+p guy in a better system, it was well worth that risk.

Ultimately, the price was right.

It amazes me how many people get this wrong. Dubi bashers conveniently forget that in 2009-10, when he came back from the wrist injury, Dubi scored 17 goals in the last 51 games that year, a pace that would have netted him 27 goals over a full season. He had back-to-back 20 goal seasons, and the more impressive one was the year prior to the one everyone claims is his career year.

Old
07-23-2012, 06:15 PM
hagsfan924

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Now that theyve got Nash, might as well push hard for a Doan deal. If the Rangers are unable to sign him, oh well.

Defense needs work. Sign MDZ, sign Stralman, and then go out and sign a right-handed depth guy. Get Roszival in here and throw him in a different jersey so the 400's don't recognize him.
if the rangers sign doan for longer than one season, there will not be a spot for some of our talented prospects like miller, thomas, st. croix. our top nine would be pretty crowded then.

Old
07-23-2012, 06:15 PM
TriFF51
USA Hockey

Gonna miss Arty and Dubi, but im really excited to watch this team...we have a sick top 6 now...I hope Gabby comes back quick.

Old
07-23-2012, 06:16 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
if the rangers sign doan for longer than one season, there will not be a spot for some of our talented prospects like miller, thomas, st. croix. our top nine would be pretty crowded then.
It sounds like Doan definitely wants a multi-year deal so I don't like the chances of the Rangers getting him on a 1-year deal

Old
07-23-2012, 06:20 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
I am not thrilled about the idea of signing Shane Doan to a multiyear contract, but Michael St. Croix should not be a reason why.

Old
07-23-2012, 06:21 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

I all love the fact that it gives our too 6 options.

If we're desperate we can throw our 3 stars out there together. Look at some of The videos, Rick Nash is actually one hell of a playmaker. We could use last seasons chemistry and have Richards and Gabby together and throw Nash on the second line.

Or if a team is balanced defensively you could spread the 3 stars over 3 lines.

There are plenty of options to give opposing teams to consider.

07-23-2012, 06:22 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
It sounds like Doan definitely wants a multi-year deal so I don't like the chances of the Rangers getting him on a 1-year deal
Weren't people saying he wanted 5 years? Not a chance in hell do I want him for 5 years. 2 tops. If at all.

RANGERS =
Old
07-23-2012, 06:23 PM
azrok22

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
No way. I think Miller turns out to be a carbon copy of Dubi. Rugged, scrappy 2 way 50 point player.
And a carbon copy of Dubi on an ELC for the next 3 years, plus a likely reasonable cap hit due to RFA status after that, would be significantly more valuable than Dubinsky at more than $4m, imo.

Old
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreiders Underwear View Post

Very interesting...
He's going to get a LOUD standing ovation. That franchise is in love with him as he put his heart and soul there for him for 9 years. Some will be bitter but even after he asked for a trade he stayed classly about the whole situation. I don't see any animosity going towards him. They love him too much.

Old
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreiders Underwear View Post

Very interesting...
How long is the drive from NY to Columbus That would be fun to attend.

Old
RangerBlues

LMAO at Howsen!
He got ripped off!
Way to go Slats!

Old
hagsfan924

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Thats what everyone has pretty much said which is why I don't want the Rangers to sign him.
Richards, Gaborik, Callahan, Kreider, Hagelin, Nash and Stepan are locks for our top 9. Boyle is borderline. If we add Doan, it pretty much means the Rangers will not have a spot for any rookies to try and step into. Miller and Thomas are close if not yet ready for the NHL and could really help like Hagelin did last year. Id like to see them compete for a spot.

Old
07-23-2012, 06:24 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

1000 posts.

New thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1235475

Closed Thread