HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

Dany Hately (fify, amirite?)

Old
07-23-2012, 05:34 PM
Wildfish

vCash: 500
For a decent return I'd love to see him and his huge cap hit off the Wild's books.

Wildfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:35 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfish View Post
For a decent return I'd love to see him and his huge cap hit off the Wild's books.
What kind of return exactly?

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:46 PM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
What kind of return exactly?
Maybe a top 4 d-man but it would be tough to get a young guy with how old Heatley is and his declining value and huge cap hit. Hopefully he can have a bounce back year this year to up his value and we can make a move next year when our kids have matured more and are hopefully ready to take his spot in the roster. So I would rather just keep him for this year and ship him out the next. That is unless we think he would re-sign for a much more reasonable contract.

Randy BoBandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:48 PM
Dee Oh Cee

He was basically the team's MVP last season and with the additions I see his job getting much easier. i really think he'll thrive this season.

Dee Oh Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:49 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patp14 View Post
Maybe a top 4 d-man but it would be tough to get a young guy with how old Heatley is and his declining value and huge cap hit. Hopefully he can have a bounce back year this year to up his value and we can make a move next year when our kids have matured more and are hopefully ready to take his spot in the roster. So I would rather just keep him for this year and ship him out the next. That is unless we think he would re-sign for a much more reasonable contract.
I think people are seriously underestimating how much value Heatley has to this organization...and I think his numbers WILL increase this year with a healthy Mikko Koivu and Zach Parise as linemates.

Personally, if it works out like I'm anticipating, I'd like to see GMCF re-sign Heatley to a new deal when he is up for UFA...something about 3-4 years and between $4-$5 million/AAV.

MuckOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:55 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckOG View Post
I think people are seriously underestimating how much value Heatley has to this organization...and I think his numbers WILL increase this year with a healthy Mikko Koivu and Zach Parise as linemates.

Personally, if it works out like I'm anticipating, I'd like to see GMCF re-sign Heatley to a new deal when he is up for UFA...something about 3-4 years and between $4-$5 million/AAV.
Agreed. He was one of the few reliable pieces of last year. Was pretty shocked at his 2-way abilities too. Plus, he was well liked in the locker room. He'd be a great teacher for some of the kids.

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:58 PM
TZM
Par too easy

He'll get $5-$6 million or gets traded. I don't see how his salary would decrease more then that, or then he'd really want to stay in Minnesota.

E: The CBA ofcourse has its role in this.

TZM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 06:06 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:

3 years @ $4m per would be ideal for me. That way he can settle on the 3rd line (if necessary) and it wouldn't be quite as much of a salary burden.

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 06:07 PM
geowild
Mostly Harmless

His NTC clause window may have already closed anyway.

Yeo loves him. Not saying he couldn't be had for the right deal, but I don't see it happening this year.

Besides, Heater says the wheels are feeling better now than anytime in the last 5 years after a recent minor-ish knee surgery to clean up some junk. Give him a chance to show it, and what he can do with Zach as a threat on the other side. I think that line is going to be very balanced now, and a real handful for the opposition.

geowild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 06:13 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by geowild View Post
His NTC clause window may have already closed anyway.

Yeo loves him. Not saying he couldn't be had for the right deal, but I don't see it happening this year.

Besides, Heater says the wheels are feeling better now than anytime in the last 5 years after a recent minor-ish knee surgery to clean up some junk. Give him a chance to show it, and what he can do with Zach as a threat on the other side. I think that line is going to be very balanced now, and a real handful for the opposition.
TBH, that's what I'm excited about. Really curious to see how that goes.

Old
07-23-2012, 06:15 PM
SphinX
#Whytake7whenyouget3

I am VERY interested in seeing what a whole season of Parise - Koivu - Heatley can do.

So unless the piece coming back is pure awesomeness, then nah..

SphinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 06:16 PM
geowild
Mostly Harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
Well. . . one does need to remember that aging athletes have on occassion been noted to be a little too "rosy scenario" with that kind of thing. . . but, yeah, if there's a reasonable chance of "the Old Heater" and not just "an older Heater" showing up to camp, I'm up for a look-see before doing anything rash. He's not *that* old. It's a reasonable possibility.

Old
07-23-2012, 06:19 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:
Well. . . one does need to remember that aging athletes have on occassion been noted to be a little too "rosy scenario" with that kind of thing. . . but, yeah, if there's a reasonable chance of "the Old Heater" and not just "an older Heater" showing up to camp, I'm up for a look-see before doing anything rash. He's not *that* old. It's a reasonable possibility.
He's only 31...if healthy, he should have another 3-5 productive seasons ahead of him at least.

MuckOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 06:21 PM
SphinX
#Whytake7whenyouget3

Quote:
He's only 31...if healthy, he should have another 3-5 productive seasons ahead of him at least.
Agree..

If the chemistry between him Captain and Zach is good i could see him getting back on his scoring-track and netting maybe 40 a season.

He knows how to do it, he just need the guys around him.

Old
07-23-2012, 06:28 PM
geowild
Mostly Harmless

Quote:
Oh, I agree. I think there'd been some head-scratching around about how he could have slowed down that much on the ice at his (not that old) age. . . now, maybe, we know; and it --maybe-- has been corrected.

Old
07-23-2012, 06:33 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
We're still not gonna get the Atlanta/Ottawa Heater, but he's far from old. Although, I saw a couple Nucks' fans saying that Richards and Gabby are aging fast and past their primes, so......................

Old
07-23-2012, 06:51 PM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
The f*&^%$n All Star stays.

This team has a hard enough time scoring as it is.

Surly Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 06:56 PM
BigT2002

NO. He stays

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 06:56 PM
geowild
Mostly Harmless

Quote:
We're still not gonna get the Atlanta/Ottawa Heater, but he's far from old. Although, I saw a couple Nucks' fans saying that Richards and Gabby are aging fast and past their primes, so......................
I think some of these guys. . . they get drafted at 18 and everyone is carping on them to bulk up, bulk up, bulk up . . . and eventually they get not too fat, but still too heavy and immobile. When I look at Heater, I think he could stand to lose 10 lbs, even if it is muscle. But, still hopeful and cautiously optimistic about significant improvement from getting the knee cleaned up!

Old
07-23-2012, 07:13 PM
Vashanesh
My best outfit

Quote:
Then what are the Sedin's? They're in between Gabs and Richards in age if I remember right.....

Man, some fans are just plain blind...

Vashanesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 08:40 PM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
Parise helps big-time, but this team is still a bit short on pure goal scoring talent. Heater and Gooch are the only other guys who fit the profile of goal-scoring wing.

Hopefully Zucker will join the ranks one day, or Coyle if he stays at wing, but it is still a pretty thin slice, organizationally speaking.

With Big Bear gone, we need all the scorers we can get.

Surly Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 08:50 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashanesh View Post
Then what are the Sedin's? They're in between Gabs and Richards in age if I remember right.....

Man, some fans are just plain blind...
Richards (May 1980)
Gabby (February 1982)
Sedins (Sept. 1980)

If Gabby and Richards are aging, then the Sedins are right there with them.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:01 PM
SphinX
#Whytake7whenyouget3

Quote:
We're still not gonna get the Atlanta/Ottawa Heater, but he's far from old.:

If your refering to 50 goals a season Heater then; no.. 40 on the other hand, should be possible.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:16 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SphinX View Post
If your refering to 50 goals a season Heater then; no.. 40 on the other hand, should be possible.
Heck, we should be celebrating if we can get a guy to score 30 on this team.

Old
07-23-2012, 10:23 PM
P10p

Quote:
Link please?

P10p is offline   Reply With Quote