HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Like the trade, don't like the trade

View Poll Results: Do you like the trade for Nash?
Yes 397 90.23%
No 43 9.77%
Voters: 440. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-23-2012, 05:05 PM
RonGreschner

vCash: 500
After seeing the Rangers got a 3rd rounder and another minor leaguer I love this deal. they got another player with leadership and I hate losing Dubi and Exrion but Dubi wasn't the same player after they bypassed him for a alternate captain postion.

RonGreschner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:08 PM
HockeyStickHomicide
Registered Abuser

Good deal. Dubinsky could go either way this season. Artie was a fan favorite, he was spotty through out last season. Probably miss Erixon the most.

HockeyStickHomicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:13 PM
KingJet*
Welcome Back

Now they should sign Doan

KingJet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:14 PM
Captain Monglobster

They wanted Kreider or Hagelin or DZ or Stepan or McD and they gone NONE of them.

Bad contract? Parise is making 7.5. Nash has never been on a GOOD team.....oh yea except TEAM CANADA. He will be a player for us.

Dubinsky I don't think will ever be a consistent hockey player. Anisimov is young and I really liked the kid, hell of a wrist shot that we barely ever saw.

Erixon...our D is fine without him in the pipeline.

You have to give to get. The Jackets got two top 6 players a blue chip prospect and a low 1st rounder. From a Rangers point of view they got a big skilled forward that was sorely lacking, a PP boost, and a very impressive 1st line no matter who will be on it..Nash with Richards? Jesus Christ.

I just can't not like this trade, it is literally exactly who I wished the Rangers could trade for Nash. Sather is the ****ing man.

Captain Monglobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:15 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

This will probably sound a little crazy, but I feel a whole lot better about this deal after listening to Tortorella. Not sold on it by any means, but no longer quite so despondent.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:23 PM
bubba5

If He gets only like 2 goals
In the first 15-20 games and is struggling, if I hear one person say he needs a year to get adjusted and learn the system blah blah blah, I'm going to throw up.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:27 PM
Captain Monglobster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
In the first 15-20 games and is struggling, if I hear one person say he needs a year to get adjusted and learn the system blah blah blah, I'm going to throw up.
Is 2 goals an exaggeration? If he has 8 goals in that time I'm not jumping off a bridge. Columbus Ohio to Manhattan? Thats culture shock.

Captain Monglobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:31 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Yea that Richards character really set the world on fire the first 15-20 games. It's not like once he got acclimated or anything he started to tear it up. These skilled guys should be able to completely change their life around and start producing instantly. Forget learning new teammates, a new system, and basically a whole new world. 25 goals in his first 10 games or bust!

07-23-2012, 05:33 PM
bubba5

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Yea that Richards character really set the world on fire the first 15-20 games. It's not like once he got acclimated or anything he started to tear it up. These skilled guys should be able to completely change their life around and start producing instantly. Forget learning new teammates, a new system, and basically a whole new world. 25 goals in his first 10 games or bust!
Boy I will laugh when Dubby out scores Nash and we all bash sather

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:36 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Dune couldn't score playing with great playmakers like Richards and Stepan. Who's going to give him the puck in CBJ? brassard? LOL. I hope Dubie knows wraparounds don't work in Columbus either.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:37 PM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

Like the trade.

Kept the core in place.

McDonagh, Stepan, Kreider, Del Zotto, Hagelin.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:40 PM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

vCash: 50
One moment I will always remember of Anisimov is this:

We are on the powerplay for a penalty by Jagr, when Anisimov gets a pass from Girardi. He gets hooked by Bourdon, juggles free, shoots, scores and gets hit by a high stick from Kubina. Result:

- A powerplay goal
- 3-0 up against the Flyers in Philly
- Bourdon 2 min. for the hooking call
- Kubina doulbe minor (4 minutes) for the high stick

Giving us a 5-on-3 powerplay that turns to a Callahan goal for the 4-0 lead still in the 1st period. We won the match 5-3, but this was my Anisimov moment for his time with the Rangers.

Amazing Kreiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:41 PM
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man

Just want to give big shootout to Sather for trading Erixon to Columbus.

Yes, I love it.

TherapyforGlencross is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:42 PM
Dantes19

I think this trade is much closer than many people recognize. It's easy to get enamored with the shiny new toy (as skilled as Nash is), but that new toy carries with it some potential risk. I think it's way too early to be calling this a huge win for the Rangers.

I don't think you can effectively evaluate a trade like this on the day it takes place. Let's see what Nash's production looks like on his new team; let's see if/how team chemistry is affected by a deal like this; let's see the type of numbers Dubinsky, Anisimov, & Erixon put up over the next few years.

If Dubinsky rebounds and scores 20+ goals next year while Anisimov is around 17-20, that makes the deal much closer, IMO. If you have Dubinsky and Anisimov combining for 40 goals while Nash scores 25-30, the deal starts to look a little different. If Nash puts up 35-40 while Dubinsky & AA stay around this year's figures, then the deal looks much better.

Another tidbit is that Nash's NMC expires at the end of the 2014-2015 season. I know the 'bury salary in the minors' loophole may get closed in this CBA (and we really hope it wouldn't be needed), but that option is there as a potential safety net in a few years.

Long story short: I hope Nash comes here and is a galvanizing offensive force. I think the guy has the ability to score 40 goals here. But, at this point, I also think it's much too soon to conclusively evaluate the trade. It's easy to say a deal looks great on paper today; let's see what the on-ice product looks like before making a final evaluation.

Dantes19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:50 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

I'll miss the hell out of Dubi, but the trade was theft in our favor.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:55 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

Love the trade.

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:56 PM
Dantes19

I also wanted to add that I think the 3rd line is still in need of a little help. Boyle+Pyatt there doesn't really impress me all that much. I'd ideally like to see a bit more scoring talent on that third line, and I don't really believe that Boyle will have a significant offensive rebound. I'd love to see a player be added that allows either Boyle or Pyatt to shift to the 4th line.

I've read a few people on here suggesting that Miller may come in and take the 3rd line C spot, but that seems like a pretty big reach to me.

Any thoughts?

Old
07-23-2012, 06:03 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Rangers get their upgrade to the top 6 without giving up Stepan, Hagelin, MDZ, McDonaugh, Krieder, Staal, Girardi

?

Yea that's good news from the Rangers perspective. They had to shed $$$ to make room for Nash and Dubi was the fat.

10 goals last year, and he held out of training camp last contract.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 06:04 PM
Graves94

Quote:
Let me start off by saying that I really liked Dubi and Artie, but this is a really good trade for us in the short and long term, since he's only 28 and entering his prime. The only concern is his salary with the new CBA, but we have to trust the organization on this matter.

Since 2003-2004, Nash has scored 272 goals, which ranks fifth in the league over that time (behind Ilya Kovalchuk, Alex Ovechkin, Jarome Iginla and Dany Heatley).

We gave up none of our top young players/prospects except Erixon, and held on to our top producing and young roster players, How could you not like this deal...

Graves94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 06:11 PM
Giacomin

Wow I am surprised at a lot of the responces. All during the playoffs I kept hearing that the Rangers need someone to score goals. We go get a premier goal scorer for a few secondary players and don,t give up Kreider, Mcdonagh, Stepan or MDZ.
This Trade is a steal!

Giacomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 06:15 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes19 View Post
I also wanted to add that I think the 3rd line is still in need of a little help. Boyle+Pyatt there doesn't really impress me all that much. I'd ideally like to see a bit more scoring talent on that third line, and I don't really believe that Boyle will have a significant offensive rebound. I'd love to see a player be added that allows either Boyle or Pyatt to shift to the 4th line.

I've read a few people on here suggesting that Miller may come in and take the 3rd line C spot, but that seems like a pretty big reach to me.

Any thoughts?
Not to you specifically, but I see a bunch of people complaining about this trade because it kills our forward depth.

To those people all I have to say is that it's a hell of a lot easier to find a 3rd-4th line guy who can put up points then it is to find someone of Nash's caliber.

Hopefully this trade addressed our biggest need. I don't think Boyle and Pyatt will be on our 3rd line and I think Glen could rather easily find someone to trade for to slot into a 3rd line RW spot. I would go ask about Stafford, or Downie. Someone along the lines of that ilk. Not that expensive both in salary and most likely cost to acquire and will add more depth.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 06:19 PM
MyersMagic57*

I think Nash will be a big addition for you guys. He is definitely a good all around player who will finally be playing on a good team and will likely flourish with the change of scenery. Just a question. I haven't looked at what wings they play on, but do you guys expect Nash on the top line with Richards and Gaborik?

MyersMagic57* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 06:21 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyersMagic57 View Post
I think Nash will be a big addition for you guys. He is definitely a good all around player who will finally be playing on a good team and will likely flourish with the change of scenery. Just a question. I haven't looked at what wings they play on, but do you guys expect Nash on the top line with Richards and Gaborik?
Probably not.

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 06:22 PM
Dantes19

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Not to you specifically, but I see a bunch of people complaining about this trade because it kills our forward depth.

To those people all I have to say is that it's a hell of a lot easier to find a 3rd-4th line guy who can put up points then it is to find someone of Nash's caliber.

Hopefully this trade addressed our biggest need. I don't think Boyle and Pyatt will be on our 3rd line and I think Glen could rather easily find someone to trade for to slot into a 3rd line RW spot. I would go ask about Stafford, or Downie. Someone along the lines of that ilk. Not that expensive both in salary and most likely cost to acquire and will add more depth.

No offense taken. I'm not complaining about the trade at all; my major point is that I think it's much too early to call this trade a 'huge win' for the Rangers like many have been doing.

I agree with you about it being easier to find a decent 3rd line wing compared to a 1st line talent. I also agree that I don't think Sather is necessarily done modifying the team. That said, though, I do think that the 3rd line needs a little more scoring pop added. That's not a complaint about the Nash trade, just a reflection on current roster.

Old
07-23-2012, 06:24 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Nash is only 28 and has more skill than Dubi and Anisimov combined. $7.8 cap hit is high, he has 40 goal potential. Now that Nash is around skilled players, he should produce plenty. Instead of being around guys like RJ Umberger, Antoine Vermette and Fedor Tytuin, he's around Brad Richards, Marian Gaborik and Ryan McDonagh now.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote