2012-2013 Maritimes Division

Old
06-28-2012, 10:51 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Excited about this Alcade guy. 6'3 200 Pounds with offensive upside.
Pretty impressive for a 17 year old. One who played espoir.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 07:19 AM
welcometothebigshow2

Quote:
I doubt Warner makes the opening lineup. Maybe when MacKinnon (WJC), or injuries pop up in December than yea, but Lacroix-Courville seems like a better option.

Excited about this Alcade guy. 6'3 200 Pounds with offensive upside.
I put Warner in because Halifax needs some toughness on the 4th line, and both Warner and Alcalde bring that. Both can throw the body around and drop the mitts. And when I saw Alcalde play he looks more like 5'11" than 6'3". I might be wrong but he is definetly not 6'3" unless he grew 4 inches in half a year.

welcometothebigshow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 04:41 PM
welcometothebigshow2

if any fans from this division want to post their idea of their teams lines, go ahead!

Old
07-23-2012, 06:16 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Moncton Wildcats:

Dubeau
Thibeau

Downe Melindy
Emond Racine
Roussy Sweeney
Wood McGurty

Veilleux Saulnier Saulnier
Penny Barbashev Jaskin
Lalonde Robichaud Johnston
Tremaine Hodge Howe

Extra: Malone, Hrehoriak, Deruelle

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 06:39 PM
welcometothebigshow2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Moncton Wildcats:

Dubeau
Thibeau

Downe Melindy
Emond Racine
Roussy Sweeney
Wood McGurty

Penny Barbashev Jaskin
Tremaine Hodge Howe

I thought Roussy was having surgery? And I think if they're taking a kid from US who probably had at least some scholarship options he wouldn't be playing fourth line, but I will add what you say, because of course you are the Wildcats fan!

Old
07-23-2012, 06:45 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcometothebigshow2 View Post
I thought Roussy was having surgery? And I think if they're taking a kid from US who probably had at least some scholarship options he wouldn't be playing fourth line, but I will add what you say, because of course you are the Wildcats fan!
I think he could be a tougher kind of player. As far as scholarships , I can't say I know for a fact he dosn't have any, but from what I've heard he's a late bloomer and hasn't drawn must intrest because of that. Plus obviously he'll have to pay his dues like everyone else. Get 3rd and 4th line duties as an 18 this season and get a ton of ice time on #1-#2 lines next season as a 19 on a re-building squad. He would have an easier time on a checking line then our draft picks too because of his size , 6'4'' 200lbs..

Old
07-23-2012, 11:55 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Moncton Wildcats:

Dubeau
Thibeau

Downe Melindy
Emond Racine
Roussy Sweeney
Wood McGurty

Penny Barbashev Jaskin
Tremaine Hodge Howe

Is this as good as the Titan tho

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 07:58 AM
welcometothebigshow2

Quote:
Is this as good as the Titan tho
I know it's sarcasm, but looking at both line-ups, Moncton obviously has the advantage, but Bathurst really isn't too far behind. If Moncton adds another top six veteran forward, and somehow convinces Matheson to report, I would consider them ahead of Halifax. The Maritimes Division is looking pretty exciting already!

Old
07-24-2012, 08:00 AM
welcometothebigshow2

Quote:
I think he could be a tougher kind of player. As far as scholarships , I can't say I know for a fact he dosn't have any, but from what I've heard he's a late bloomer and hasn't drawn must intrest because of that. Plus obviously he'll have to pay his dues like everyone else. Get 3rd and 4th line duties as an 18 this season and get a ton of ice time on #1-#2 lines next season as a 19 on a re-building squad. He would have an easier time on a checking line then our draft picks too because of his size , 6'4'' 200lbs..
I just found out that he's former Wildcat, Tyler Howe's brother. That most likely impacted his decision.

Old
07-24-2012, 08:54 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcometothebigshow2 View Post
I just found out that he's former Wildcat, Tyler Howe's brother. That most likely impacted his decision.
I also heard that he's fairly larger than 6'4 200lbs. 6'5'' 220lbs and has a mean streak. Tough guy. Flynn has always added huge enforcers when he could.Tim Spencer, Jordan Lane, Tyler Howe

Old
07-24-2012, 11:36 AM
rocketfan

Heres my prediciton for the PEI ROCKET

Lagace(19)
Bibeau(18)

Oligny(19) Micallef(20)
Graves(17) Pavelka(19)
Trickett(17) Phaneuf/Lalibertie

Beran(19) Duffy(20) Laplante(17)
Pepin(16) Currie(20) Provencher(19)
Bursey(18) Venne(18) Marcotte(18)
Yetman(16) Ottereyes(18) Messenger(16)
Extras: Jodoin- Bent-Chenier also if Neil Robinson shows up I think he will make the team. not really sure what to expect out of the Rocket this year but hopefully the Dwyer effect will kick in.

rocketfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 02:00 PM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketfan View Post
Heres my prediciton for the PEI ROCKET

Lagace(19)
Bibeau(18)

Oligny(19) Micallef(20)
Graves(17) Pavelka(19)
Trickett(17) Phaneuf/Lalibertie

Beran(19) Duffy(20) Laplante(17)
Pepin(16) Currie(20) Provencher(19)
Bursey(18) Venne(18) Marcotte(18)
Yetman(16) Ottereyes(18) Messenger(16)
Extras: Jodoin- Bent-Chenier also if Neil Robinson shows up I think he will make the team. not really sure what to expect out of the Rocket this year but hopefully the Dwyer effect will kick in.
Intersting input!

I must admit this is looking like a much improved team over last season.

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 02:18 PM
CH4

What is to be expected from Marcotte this year?

any sign of offensive breakout?

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 02:19 PM
CH4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
Intersting input!

I must admit this is looking like a much improved team over last season.
yes it looks pretty solid.

this isn't a bottom 5 team...

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 03:18 PM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4 View Post

Getting Micalef will allow them to have a strong backend coupled to solid goaltending.

This Division will be very competitive as Cape-Breton also strnghtened their backend by getting Oligny and Hache plus they got Honzik who should be an upgrade on their goaltending of last season.
CB's offense is not solid gold but they should give problems to the top teams visiting them.

Imagine if SJ get Huberdeau back....

This will be very interesting hockey next Fall.

Old
07-27-2012, 03:30 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
Getting Micalef will allow them to have a strong backend coupled to solid goaltending.

This Division will be very competitive as Cape-Breton also strnghtened their backend by getting Oligny and Hache plus they got Honzik who should be an upgrade on their goaltending of last season.
CB's offense is not solid gold but they should give problems to the top teams visiting them.

Imagine if SJ get Huberdeau back....

This will be very interesting hockey next Fall.
If Huberdeau returned , he'd probably be moved mid season to a Quebec based team. Imagine SJ's return, he's going to fetch a massive amount. Similar to the Gormley trade in terms of assests plus some. That's best case scenerio for SaintJohn, it would fast track their re-build to a certain extent.

Old
07-27-2012, 07:33 PM
rocketfan

Marcotte is a hard working player I hope he has an offensive output this year and if he does he could be a top 6 fw I admit I think the Rocket will finnsih out of the bottom five this year but I have been dissapointed so many years would not be surprised to see them finish last they could finish as high as 4th in the division tho

Old
07-27-2012, 08:31 PM
rocketfan

and knowing our luck as Rocket fans luck Alexis Pepin will not report to the Rocket and we will be back to square 1.....Thats actually sounds more like it

Old
08-02-2012, 04:35 PM
bigguy245

Whith Lagacé signs with dallas stars,i really don't know why keeping Bibeau behind him and don't give him a chance to be a #1 with another team.Lagacé will probably have 90% of starts then if we trade bibeau,we will have a good choice or a good 3rd liner for him.What do you think?

bigguy245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 08:16 PM
rocketfan

or do we keep the younger Bibeau and trade Max I think we shop both at christmas and take the best offer

Old
08-02-2012, 08:46 PM
bigguy245

If the rocket wants to trade one of them at christmas period trade,they would have to give some starts to Bibeau because Lagacé will have big value and Bibeau less than him.And the rocket need to know if the younger is really able to take the pole and ready for our big year 2013-14 or 2014-2015.If Lagacé will trade at christmas trade period,we can receive 2-3 good players or choice.If Bibeau do the job next year,we will have a really good team to make a good run on the payoffs 2013-2014.

bigguy245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 03:55 PM
CHLFan6
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4 View Post

Looks like Josh Currie's cousin Connor is turning a few heads at camp, 18 year old and an ohl draft pick. Could be taking a younger veterans job in September

CHLFan6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 09:54 PM
welcometothebigshow2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLFan6 View Post
Looks like Josh Currie's cousin Connor is turning a few heads at camp, 18 year old and an ohl draft pick. Could be taking a younger veterans job in September
It does appear to be that way, Currie is a good two-way player who seems as if he could play any role on a team. Whether a secondary scorer or a good two-way depth player, he quietly gets it done. I like this kid.

Old
08-23-2012, 08:39 AM
chsb

Here is an expected Titan lineup:

Goals:
Brennan
McDonald

Defense:
Girard-Robert
Godin-Houle
Doucet-Gosslin
Groleau

Forwards:
Zdrahal-O'Brien-Bissonnette
Hynes-Lalancette-Banville
Salvail-Zboril-Lafontaine
Lyle-Stevens-Marois
Davis-Meredith-Gallant

The way I see it now:
1-Halifax is the team to beat in the Maritimes no doubt, but they still have defensive issues they will have to address.
2- Acadie-Bathurst got the most offensive output in this Division by at least 20 to 30goals except for Halifax.
They got 4 solid lines and plenty of help in case of injury.
3-Moncton: have a solid top-6 but very little in 3rd and 4th lines backup.
Their defense is very good.
4-PEI: with the addition of Micalef and Oligny on the backend, they improved quite a bit their balance.
5-Cape-Breton: Young team with alot of potential upside, but they will be stronger in 13-14
6- Saint-John will have a long season ahead of them....not much to chew for the fans.

Old
08-23-2012, 11:35 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Here's my updated roster/lines:

Dubeau
Thibeau

Downe Melindy
Racine Emond
Roussy McGurty
Sweeney Primeau/Wood

This is the position with the most depth on our team. I think we will see Flynn stick with 9 guys to start the season like last year. These 9 are all capable at this level and you can always play it safe in case of injuries. The top 5 are straight forward. Sweeney is going to be there. Some people have McGurty on the bubble but he was one of our best defenceman at the end of last season. He dosn't stand out but that cause of the style he plays. I think Brayden also deserves a spot , he too was very solid in his brief time here last season. He was one of our better +/- players and on a weaker second half team. Primeau came to camp ready and looks very good as well. Can't see him being sent home. Overall this is a pretty solid D core, we could use a top pairing offensize quarterback. We will probably see a trade at Christmas.

Deruelle Barbashev Jaskin
Penny Stephens Johnston
Whitlock Hodge Lalonde
Tremaine Robichaud Malone/Lund

Top line is almost a 100% guarantee. Top 6 looks good, I think we'll see players like Deruelle , Penny and Johnston getting a chance to play alongside Barbashev and Jaskin. Whoever gels the best with them will stick until at least Christmas where a trade for a top6 forward may happen. I think Deruelle and Penny have the best chances of sticking on the second line. We have alot of depth/ bottom 6 forwards. Hodge is a lock as is Johnston. That leaves Stephens , Whitlock , Lalonde , Tremaine , Robichaud , Malone and Lund rounding out the rest of the bottom 6. From what I hear Whitlock is a Flynn type player. He's a grinding , two-way forward. So I can see him being used. From what I've seen Lalonde , Tremaine and Robichaud havn't impressed me much in training camp but because it's a " go for it" year I think they'll have a step on the others because they already have a season of adjusting under their belts.

Needs:

1. Top pairing offensize Defenceman who can quarterback the PP
2. A top 6 winger to play on the left side of Barbashev on the second line
3. Could use a proven back up goaltender , things could get scary if Dubeau goes down