HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ownership Cluster**** Thread: This is the last one, Really!

Closed Thread

Old
07-22-2012, 10:59 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

vCash: 193
Breaking: I heard the Coyotes were bankrupt and are now owned by the NHL. Hope tat doesn't last too long. I hear talk of a potential ownership group named Ice Edge Holdings are front runners for taking over ownership.

Old
07-22-2012, 11:17 PM
doaner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZflyingPuck View Post
Breaking: I heard the Coyotes were bankrupt and are now owned by the NHL. Hope tat doesn't last too long. I hear talk of a potential ownership group named Ice Edge Holdings are front runners for taking over ownership.
I also heard 2 more weeks

Old
07-22-2012, 11:49 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

LOL remember when people had Blackberry guilt over this ****? Ken ****ing Klee was a Coyote the year this **** started.

Old
07-23-2012, 12:01 AM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
I also heard 2 more weeks
First I ever heard of that.

Old
07-23-2012, 01:03 AM
RemoAZ
Stugots

Lisa Halverstadt ‏@LisaHalverstadt
#Coyotes referendum organizer Ken Jones says his group won't sue #Glendale over rejection of petitions.

Old
07-23-2012, 01:37 AM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoAZ View Post
Lisa Halverstadt ‏@LisaHalverstadt
#Coyotes referendum organizer Ken Jones says his group won't sue #Glendale over rejection of petitions.
Oh YOU too

Old
07-23-2012, 12:09 PM
AZCOYOT

What's the problem with people reporting via tweets?

Old
07-23-2012, 12:20 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUCE BAUCE View Post
It is not "reporting via tweets" is the problem.

Its the following that is the problem.

People who go and try to break old news.
People who think their are a real journalist because they posted what they feel is newsworthy even though it isn't.
People at a message board who try too hard to be the 1st to bring in breaking news and causes a mess for the mods to deal with.

Old
07-23-2012, 12:37 PM
kihekah19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
Well, it doesn't just SEEM that way. It's a sad state in this town when the team spending money is the Cardinals
Interesting correlation between fans showing up and money being spent.

Old
07-23-2012, 12:40 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

The Cardinals are spending but they are not wise on who they spend their money on in most cases, especially when the face of the franchise is playing the role of the GM.

Old
07-23-2012, 01:57 PM
yotesreign

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZflyingPuck View Post
The above should just be quoted whenever someone hops on to say "I've been away for a [period of time less than 3 years]. Can someone update me on the new developments?"

Old
07-23-2012, 02:07 PM
AZCOYOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
It is not "reporting via tweets" is the problem.

Its the following that is the problem.

People who go and try to break old news.
People who think their are a real journalist because they posted what they feel is newsworthy even though it isn't.
People at a message board who try too hard to be the 1st to bring in breaking news and causes a mess for the mods to deal with.
Who cares??

Carrying on.. what is the deadline for Jones et all to file an appeal?

Old
07-23-2012, 02:27 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Who cares??
Ugh, lots of people do!

People don't want to be bothered by misinfomation or stuff that is irrevelent. That is just common sense!

Last edited by Colt45Blast: 07-23-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old
07-23-2012, 03:08 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

I believe today at 5pm is the deadline. He's said he's not going to appeal and he doesn't appear to have the money to do so (water bill problems, obviously), but let's see what happens in the next 4 hours.

Old
07-23-2012, 05:21 PM
AZCOYOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownquestion View Post
I believe today at 5pm is the deadline. He's said he's not going to appeal and he doesn't appear to have the money to do so (water bill problems, obviously), but let's see what happens in the next 4 hours.
Indeed, hopefully he isn't just bluffing us.

Old
07-23-2012, 05:28 PM
DesertDawg

His 15 minutes are up!

He knows he doesn't have a chance in court and he isn't about to throw his money away! It's not like the GWI will foot the bill. We all should have known this when they didn't get enough signatures, regardless what day they turn them in...

Old
07-23-2012, 05:59 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
He knows he doesn't have a chance in court and he isn't about to throw his money away! It's not like the GWI will foot the bill. We all should have known this when they didn't get enough signatures, regardless what day they turn them in...
... then what was the point of the exercise to begin with?. Why at 69 & 80yrs' of age would you put yourself through the physically taxing effort of doing this based on principal (as was their right) without first making absolutely certain you were on solid ground in terms of procedure in the first place? For the attention? Just tilting at windmills. Their own worst enemies. Modern day version of Cervantes' classic. Don Coyote'. And I mean no disrespect. Both gentleman seem to have lived full lives, solid citizens, intelligent, mindful & respectful.

Old
07-23-2012, 06:49 PM
mesamonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
... Hiya mesa, I see were going to have to start right off with another disagreement.

... sooo, why would the NHL be losing "another boatload of money" through the 12-13 season in Phoenix if theres a lockout/walkout?. Players dont get paid. You dont have the expenses of setting up the job 40-50+ X's over the course of the season. No charter flights, practice facilities, hotels, food per-diems, insurance premiums, printing, advertising, promotional, sales or marketing costs to be paid. Glendale still owes them about $6or7Mil from the 11-12 Arena Mgmnt Fees. That'll cover most of Neales, Maloneys, Tippets, a coupla scouts & admin types salaries, office space at the arena through the non-season. Savvy?

Second part ya, the NHL requires new owners to sign whats called a Consent Form which is basically a proof of bona-fides and agreement that you'll cover all losses and are capable of doing so for a period of no less than 5yrs. The NHL's By-Laws (and I believe Constitution) requires a 5yr notification of relocation 2 yrs thereafter (7th year) which requires BOG approval. Consent Forms are not capped, and you also waive your right to declare Bankruptcy. Unhuh, yepp thats right, yer screwed. No one gets out alive.

Those are the rules, however, special dispensations & accommodations can be made, negotiated, so I wouldnt call it hard & fast, and in some cases the Consent Form thrown right out the window, which I believe was the case with your man up in Minnesota there, that paragon of perscapacity, former owner of the Grand Ole' Opry & who made his money telemarketing outta Neenah Wisconsin, one Craig (no middle initial, his white trash parents couldnt afford one) Liepold. Howz that workin out for ya there in Pigs Eye Minnesota?. Dudes' whining about the CBA last winter, come spring he goes out & drops $198M on two players, while his former partners being cuffed, printed & photographed by the Justice Department & the FBI over SEC violations. Another frikin Cheesehead in the Land O' Lakes livin large huh?.
The Wild lost 40MM in the last lockout! I believe there are more fixed expenses than you think. Now i realize that the PHX club has cut back on many of those expenses, but even so that number may be as high as 20-30MM. That is money the owners will not be happy losing! BTW, so everyone who is a proponent of the team staying, lets see if there is a lockout what the city and its workers can do to make a go of it. Book some attractions etc. A lockout of any length given what proponents of the deal say will result in most of the vendors in Westgate baling out right? Or do you think that as the city learns some creativity they can actually survive and see that life after the Coyotes isn`t so bad after all.

As for Jamison, where is this guy and where is the money that everybody says he has?

Old
07-23-2012, 06:59 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesamonster View Post

As for Jamison, where is this guy and where is the money that everybody says he has?

He's not on HF Boards. Could be a lurker, though.

Old
07-23-2012, 07:08 PM
WantonAbandon

Quote:
... then what was the point of the exercise to begin with?. Why at 69 & 80yrs' of age would you put yourself through the physically taxing effort of doing this based on principal (as was their right) without first making absolutely certain you were on solid ground in terms of procedure in the first place? For the attention? Just tilting at windmills. Their own worst enemies. Modern day version of Cervantes' classic. Don Coyote'. And I mean no disrespect. Both gentleman seem to have lived full lives, solid citizens, intelligent, mindful & respectful.
Are you seriously asking why uninformed people are getting involved in the American political process?

Old
07-23-2012, 07:28 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
The notoriety with GWI representing them in court and then the attempt to see it threw. The windmills were too far in the west to chase in this heat. It is less vexing to sit outside the library in the shade and greet patrons as they stroll by.

Old
07-23-2012, 07:40 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Water Bill Guy wasn't getting enough attention just showing up at the council meetings and complaining about the water bill. This was his opportunity to "make a difference" and "get his voice heard." It wasn't going to change his water bill, but by golly he was going to put a wrench in the works of that dadgummed hockey team and their horrible thuggish fans!

Cobb is running for office. This was his chance to make a name for himself. He doesn't stand a chance running as a Libertarian, and his website is full of kookiness (a commodity we have plenty of already in the AZ legislature). So by putting up this valiant effort, he could have pointed at it as an accomplishment - "look how much money I saved the taxpayers of Glendale! And I'll fight for you if you send me to the legislature!" Then once it was clear that it wasn't going to happen, Cobb disappeared, never to be seen or heard from again....

It wasn't really an effort with much support behind it. Dare I say it...they were much, much, much less organized than the GlendaleFirst people. It was just two old guys hoping to sit in front of the library and let the signatures come to them. No big money to hire signature collectors, no big money to get legal advice. Just Ken and Joe and a folding table.

Now the deadline is passed and it turns out Ken is a man of his word - no legal paperwork was filed. And Joe still appears to be missing.

Old
07-23-2012, 08:24 PM
kihekah19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownquestion View Post
Water Bill Guy wasn't getting enough attention just showing up at the council meetings and complaining about the water bill. This was his opportunity to "make a difference" and "get his voice heard." It wasn't going to change his water bill, but by golly he was going to put a wrench in the works of that dadgummed hockey team and their horrible thuggish fans!

Cobb is running for office. This was his chance to make a name for himself. He doesn't stand a chance running as a Libertarian, and his website is full of kookiness (a commodity we have plenty of already in the AZ legislature). So by putting up this valiant effort, he could have pointed at it as an accomplishment - "look how much money I saved the taxpayers of Glendale! And I'll fight for you if you send me to the legislature!" Then once it was clear that it wasn't going to happen, Cobb disappeared, never to be seen or heard from again....

It wasn't really an effort with much support behind it. Dare I say it...they were much, much, much less organized than the GlendaleFirst people. It was just two old guys hoping to sit in front of the library and let the signatures come to them. No big money to hire signature collectors, no big money to get legal advice. Just Ken and Joe and a folding table.

Now the deadline is passed and it turns out Ken is a man of his word - no legal paperwork was filed. And Joe still appears to be missing.
While your humorous rendition is just that and for the most part on target, the ol' boys participated in due process (as they saw fit) and failed. The only thing wrong with that is that it was but another storm for this organization to weather.

Old
07-23-2012, 08:28 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesamonster View Post
The Wild lost 40MM in the last lockout! I believe there are more fixed expenses than you think. Now i realize that the PHX club has cut back on many of those expenses, but even so that number may be as high as 20-30MM. That is money the owners will not be happy losing! BTW, so everyone who is a proponent of the team staying, lets see if there is a lockout what the city and its workers can do to make a go of it. Book some attractions etc. A lockout of any length given what proponents of the deal say will result in most of the vendors in Westgate baling out right? Or do you think that as the city learns some creativity they can actually survive and see that life after the Coyotes isn`t so bad after all.

MLSE, the Habs, the Wild, all of them "lost money", they lost the profits they'd normally turn however as they didnt play the games all they really "lost" was the cost of basic overhead, admin, mgmnt & coaching staff etc. They also suddenly had 40+ open dates on their calendars, many filled with highly profitable concerts & special events. This "we lost $40M, $70M" or whatever trickery & creative accounting is just that, "trickery". Its utter nonsense. Playing with language, playing with numbers.

Again mesa; no players being paid bonuses, salaries etc. What was the Coyotes' payroll at over the 11-12 season?. No insurance premiums to be paid, no charters, no equipment costs, no set-up costs at the job, no printing & advertising costs. Nothing. All gone. Just the costs to pay the already bare bones off-ice staff, Maloney, his Asst, some Scouts, Tippett etc. As of right now, there are 10 events booked into the building through June 2013. How pathetic is that? Couldnt possibly be worse so ya, lets see the league in conjunction with AEG earn the $17M they'll likely receive from Glendale for the season & quadruple the number, earn their dough for a change.

Yep. Thatd be really refreshing, and this time they'll have no excuses not to do so. The vendors in & around Glendale along with the City itself waking up to the fact that hey, with increased events AND hockey this is a no-brainer & we can win this. Yes my friend. It will be good for the city & the franchise, this lockout or walkout, a time out to get er' done properly, a new CBA that strengthens the investment opportunities with challenged & smaller market franchises, a more equitable Arena Management Fee moving forward. Better Jamison should just keep stum until the tax petitions sorted, the CBA settled, a new administration installed at City Hall. No rush, no deadline, and nobodys back against the wall.

Old
07-23-2012, 08:38 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

Quote:
Nothing inherently. I was making fun of the HF mentality where EVERYONE has to come on HF and report the tweets first. Go to the trade board after a big trade and you'll see 8 posts of the same thing. They want to be first for whatever reason.

Closed Thread