HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal-Detroit

Old
07-23-2012, 05:03 PM
zeeto

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
About more plausible: The ones that have seen him play a flat flavored style of hockey for 38 games. If Montreal can swap Bourque for a more manageable contract, fans will be nothing but happy about it.
Yes, get rid of him when his value is lowest. Then if he picks up his game, those same people clamoring for his exit will be the ones screaming at bad asset management. He played half a season on a last place team with a head coach who was in over his head.

zeeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 06:06 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
While it won't be popular with the fan base, MTL has at least another year where they can let their current roster play and prove themselves before the crop of blue-chippers are ready to make the jump.

Best scenario = team plays well and makes the playoffs where anything can happen.

Worst case scenario = They get another high end draft pick in a deep draft.

At the end of the day, MTL has cap space especially with the almost certainty of Gomez on the way out, with nothing to spend it on this season. There is zero point in downgrading or taking flyers for the sake of saving cap this season.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 06:09 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
While it won't be popular with the fan base, MTL has at least another year where they can let their current roster play and prove themselves before the crop of blue-chippers are ready to make the jump.

Best scenario = team plays well and makes the playoffs where anything can happen.

Worst case scenario = They get another high end draft pick in a deep draft.

At the end of the day, MTL has cap space especially with the almost certainty of Gomez on the way out, with nothing to spend it on this season. There is zero point in downgrading or taking flyers for the sake of saving cap this season.
What?

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 06:18 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
What?
Gomez = gone? And even if he isn't gone MTL isn't up against the cap even after they sign Subban.

With Subban signed they'll have 24 players with 1 way contracts, so I can't see MB making trades unless it's too alleviate a roster spot not take one on or remain at 24.

Old
07-23-2012, 06:24 PM
Dekar

Quote:
Gomez = gone? And even if he isn't gone MTL isn't up against the cap even after they sign Subban.

With Subban signed they'll have 24 players with 1 way contracts, so I can't see MB making trades unless it's too alleviate a roster spot not take one on or remain at 24.
Montreal will have no more than 2 million to play with after Subban signs, so unless Gomez gets sent down, dumped, or traded, there's room for next to nothing. And Bergevin has already come out and said he hasn't given up on Gomez and that he will play for us this season, so the likelihood of him being demoted or shipped out unless the offer is really good (for a salary dump), is probably close to zero.

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 06:27 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:

Gomez won't be gone. We will have room for subban too. Just little room for moves.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 06:31 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Gomez won't be gone. We will have room for subban too. Just little room for moves.
We have 24 on the roster with 1 way contracts after Subban signs. That means one has to go, and it will most likely be a defenseman. I know that doesn't add that much more money but it does add some cap space. But I don't really see anything for it to spent on, and if something big does come along I doubt Scotty being a nice guy is going to save him from being shipped to Hamilton to make room.

I don't know, I just don't see how Bourques contract would affect the team enough to not give him a legit shot this year. From there on, it's anybody's guess.

Old
07-23-2012, 07:14 PM
Sawyer
Wheeeee

OK, I guess I'll have to speak for the Wings fans and say "NO"
We'll keep Abdelkader and you guys can keep a couple of under performing players
Seasons aren't built on possibilities of bouncing back, we'd rather keep a roster spot open on D for a younger player from the A than to have kaberle use up developmental time

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote