07-23-2012, 09:58 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
UFC in Calgary

I gotta ask

1: Were any of you there?
2: Why was there so much booing going on?
(I realize that the fighters didn't engage each and land as many hits as we would've liked, but they've got to respect each other's abilities and stick to their game plan. With the Kongo fight I would've been booing if I were there and I really think they need to take points off for people who're standing while touching the floor just to stop the other fighter from landing a knee or kick to the head. I've never seen that done so much from a standing position. Embarrassing. Pretty sad that Kongo couldn't finish him, as well.)

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 11:12 AM
Haatley

vCash: 681
why was there so much booing?
cause it was a snoozefest. i literally fell asleep during the faber fight watching it at home. but tbh, it was that ****** lombard/boesch fight that had me ready for bed.

Haatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 12:51 PM
tfong

Dana white said it sucked lol.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 01:20 PM
Sen Sational

It actually wasn't a bad show from top to bottom. There were maybe 2 or 3 fights on the main card that the fighters seemed hesitant to engage which seemed strange... especially for Lombard.

I really didn't get the fan reaction to the main event. The problem with MMA cards in general is that you have a large portion of the fans in attendance only there to see knock outs and finishes. The Faber/Barao fight was actually very technical and fun to watch. Barao did a great job of getting the better end of almost every exchange with Faber. He kept him at bay with solid leg kicks and punished him all fight long. Faber is a terrific fighter and the fact that Barao was able to neutralize him to such a great extent really speaks to how skilled this guy is.

I am never a fan of booing fighters. At the end of the day it is there job to go in there and win by any means necessary. I don't understand the argument that fighters should try to make fights exciting for the casual fan.

Sen Sational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 02:58 PM
papaphilly

vCash: 633
Main Event didn't deserve the Boo's, it was very technical. Faber/ Barao was extactly what I expected it to be. It was the Kongo/Jordan fight that made it a snooze-fest. Two brawlers clinching agianst the fence for 15 minutes is brutal. I can't blame Lombard for having the UFC jitters. Boetsch didn't have to get excited, just had to counter whatever Lombard through at him, and keep his distance. Riddle fight was great. Standing arm-bar to the ground was a great submission.

And we all can agree the prelims were amazing. Nick Ring got really lucky there. All in all it was a decent card with what the UFC had to work with, especially after all the injuries.

People get very impatient when they see KO's & Submissions in the prelims, and everybody else going the distance in the main card.

I'm pumped to be going to UFC 152 in T.O. That is shaping up to be a sick card.

papaphilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 07:30 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

I was disappointed that I couldn't go because I had to work, but I'm glad now that I didn't go. Wasn't worth the $.

I'll very likely go to their next PP here, though.

Also, I agree that the Main Event didn't deserve the boos. Glad Ring and Barao won.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote