HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Shaw up 12 pounds already ?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-23-2012, 03:32 PM
  #1
hawksfan50
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,829
vCash: 500
Shaw up 12 pounds already ?

Sun-times reported Shaw had worked on the weights and had already added 12 pounds (so now 192?) ..if camp started on time maybe he adds another 5-8 lbs by then and comes in at 200lbs! IF we get a delay i the season due to CBA lock-out for 2 months maybe he comes in at 210? Will such biffness slow him up (looss of agility?) --remember Patrick Kane came in buffed up lst year -and he regressed -not as we all expected that he would "progress" to a higher level...



The good news is that when Shaw hits opponents now-they will feel it a lot more ..should be fun to see..


Q wants us to be tougher to play against...I guess he should talk to Stan about signing Raffi Torres as a UFA...better Torres not do harm to OUR GUYS ...I know he is despicable but as I said logically better them than us if you know what I mean...(please do not threaten me with a moderator warning for advocating hurting any NHL'er,I never would do that-I'm just saying IF Bettman lets Torres play in the league--better them that get to suffer than us -and of course Bettman will let Torres play in the league--so why should our valuable stars be his targets? Better other teams stars as targets. Of course if Bettman would ban Torres forever I won't complain--but as long as he does let this menace play -better he menace others than our guys)..it is just logical... Now if we have a healthy Carcillo, a bigger Shaw and add a Torres,I do not think teams willbe taking libeties with our softy stars again ,will they?

hawksfan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:35 PM
  #2
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14,355
vCash: 500
He has a small frame, I don't know how effective he'd be near 200 lbs.

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:36 PM
  #3
Gootie
Thug of the Year
 
Gootie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chiraq
Country: United States
Posts: 25,243
vCash: 1868
He's probably motivated because of all the things present here that aren't in other organizations.

Gootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:37 PM
  #4
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
Sun-times reported Shaw had worked on the weights and had already added 12 pounds (so now 192?) ..if camp started on time maybe he adds another 5-8 lbs by then and comes in at 200lbs! IF we get a delay i the season due to CBA lock-out for 2 months maybe he comes in at 210? Will such biffness slow him up (looss of agility?) --remember Patrick Kane came in buffed up lst year -and he regressed -not as we all expected that he would "progress" to a higher level...



The good news is that when Shaw hits opponents now-they will feel it a lot more ..should be fun to see..


Q wants us to be tougher to play against...I guess he should talk to Stan about signing Raffi Torres as a UFA...better Torres not do harm to OUR GUYS ...I know he is despicable but as I said logically better them than us if you know what I mean...(please do not threaten me with a moderator warning for advocating hurting any NHL'er,I never would do that-I'm just saying IF Bettman lets Torres play in the league--better them that get to suffer than us -and of course Bettman will let Torres play in the league--so why should our valuable stars be his targets? Better other teams stars as targets. Of course if Bettman would ban Torres forever I won't complain--but as long as he does let this menace play -better he menace others than our guys)..it is just logical... Now if we have a healthy Carcillo, a bigger Shaw and add a Torres,I do not think teams willbe taking libeties with our softy stars again ,will they?
what a horrible idea.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:45 PM
  #5
Sevanston
Moderator
 
Sevanston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 10,572
vCash: 500
Rogers said that Kruger had also put on weight, but no numbers were given, and Kruger reportedly said something to the effect of "you can't add it all in one summer."

There. The perfect segue into a Kruger thread hijacking.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:48 PM
  #6
Blue Liner
Registered User
 
Blue Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 4,367
vCash: 500
If you train properly and maintain stretching and proper flexibility you don't lose any agility. It's not like he suddenly became a pre-competition Ronnie Coleman on skates because he put on 12 pounds.

Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:50 PM
  #7
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Rogers said that Kruger had also put on weight, but no numbers were given, and Kruger reportedly said something to the effect of "you can't add it all in one summer."

There. The perfect segue into a Kruger thread hijacking.
Ankle weights don't count.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 06:04 PM
  #8
EbonyRaptor
Registered User
 
EbonyRaptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Boonies
Country: United States
Posts: 2,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
Sun-times reported Shaw had worked on the weights and had already added 12 pounds (so now 192?) ..if camp started on time maybe he adds another 5-8 lbs by then and comes in at 200lbs! IF we get a delay i the season due to CBA lock-out for 2 months maybe he comes in at 210?
Holy jumpin (as Panger would say) - I think you're on to something. By the start of the 2013/14 season he could be 235-240. By 2014/15, 280-290. Jeez - by the end of the decade he could be closing in on half a grand. A virtual wrecking ball on skates. Yeah baby

EbonyRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 06:06 PM
  #9
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 12,448
vCash: 500
he's not putting on 8 lbs of muscle in 2 months without "help".

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 06:29 PM
  #10
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 21,595
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Mcdonalds helps put on weight plenty

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 06:41 PM
  #11
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte
 
MadhouseOnMadison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,520
vCash: 500
Dat dere cell-tech.

MadhouseOnMadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 06:43 PM
  #12
Gootie
Thug of the Year
 
Gootie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chiraq
Country: United States
Posts: 25,243
vCash: 1868
He needs to summer with Big Buff



They say the camera adds 10 pounds...I sure hope there were a lot of cameras

Gootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 06:48 PM
  #13
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 55,623
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
he's not putting on 8 lbs of muscle in 2 months without "help".
It can be done. It'd be difficult and take a lot of dedication, but he seems like a high motor and hard worker, so I could see it definitely being true.

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 06:55 PM
  #14
massivegoonery
Registered User
 
massivegoonery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 11,326
vCash: 500
dat biffness.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 06:56 PM
  #15
xX Hot Fuss
Registered User
 
xX Hot Fuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
he's not putting on 8 lbs of muscle in 2 months without "help".
It's the end of July so that's closer to 3 months. He's 20 and his body is changing from a young man's body into a grown man's body. A non-enhanced 8lbs isn't that out of the question for a young professional athlete

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 06:57 PM
  #16
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
he's not putting on 8 lbs of muscle in 2 months without "help".
It's just about one pound a week. If you hit the gym hard and eat right that's not an issue. Especially if they are new lifting and eating habits.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 06:58 PM
  #17
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootie View Post
He needs to summer with Big Buff



They say the camera adds 10 pounds...I sure hope there were a lot of cameras
Jesus Buff, is this from his court appearance?

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 06:58 PM
  #18
hockeydoug
Registered User
 
hockeydoug's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,585
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootie View Post
He needs to summer with Big Buff



They say the camera adds 10 pounds...I sure hope there were a lot of cameras
lol, when was that picture taken?

I was going to ask if it was 12lbs of Buff or Wellwood pounds of body building or 12 pounds of muscle.

hockeydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 07:05 PM
  #19
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14,355
vCash: 500
You can put on 8 lbs in 3 months but its not all muscle, some of that is water weight.

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 07:06 PM
  #20
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeydoug View Post
lol, when was that picture taken?

I was going to ask if it was 12lbs of Buff or Wellwood pounds of body building or 12 pounds of muscle.
I saw the video, it's from his court appearance today where all the charges were drop.

He looked big!

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 07:14 PM
  #21
MagicSlap*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,471
vCash: 500
You can definitely put on 12lbs in 3 months, I've done it myself during college for sports. It's tough and it's not all pure muscle but if you're eating right it's definitely good, solid mass.

Also, to whoever said you can maintain agility, you CAN, but it is quite difficult to, especially adding 12 pounds. It's just extremely difficult to do. He'd likely have stop trying to add weight in a month or so and then focus slowly on explosiveness until the season starts and spend a lot of time on the ice.

But yea, excited to see Shaw play.

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 07:20 PM
  #22
BobbyJet
Registered User
 
BobbyJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Dundas, Ontario. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
he's not putting on 8 lbs of muscle in 2 months without "help".


Having a bad day are we ... or are you just naturally bitter? Are you accusing Shaw of taking steroids?

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 07:29 PM
  #23
Rexy
Registered User
 
Rexy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadhouseOnMadison View Post
Dat dere cell-tech.


u mirin?

Rexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 07:54 PM
  #24
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 12,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
It can be done. It'd be difficult and take a lot of dedication, but he seems like a high motor and hard worker, so I could see it definitely being true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
It's the end of July so that's closer to 3 months. He's 20 and his body is changing from a young man's body into a grown man's body. A non-enhanced 8lbs isn't that out of the question for a young professional athlete
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
It's just about one pound a week. If you hit the gym hard and eat right that's not an issue. Especially if they are new lifting and eating habits.
1)I doubt either are true of shaw since he's been a pretty good size
2)8lbs in 2 months isn't that much, 8lbs of muscle in two months is a tall order

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Having a bad day are we ... or are you just naturally bitter? Are you accusing Shaw of taking steroids?
no, just stating facts. You're not putting on 8lbs of pure muscle in 2 months without roids. Unless of course you're either a late bloomer at 20 or still in puberty. Neither of which I'd say shaw is considering he's already pretty good sized. 8lbs in 2 months with a good diet and good lifting plan is easily attainable though.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 07:58 PM
  #25
Rexy
Registered User
 
Rexy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
no, just stating facts. You're not putting on 8lbs of pure muscle in 2 months without roids. Unless of course you're either a late bloomer at 20 or still in puberty. Neither of which I'd say shaw is considering he's already pretty good sized. 8lbs in 2 months with a good diet and good lifting plan is easily attainable though.
It's possible, but fact is, I doubt it's all muscle.

These guys have some of the best trainers in the world, so while it might not be possible for you or me to put on 4 pounds of good weight in a month, it could be with a new regime, hand fed dietitians who give you what to eat and when to eat at all times, etc. Plus, depending on how he was working out before, it could just be beginner lbs.

When I first started working out, I could put on a pound a week, but now I'm lucky if I can put on a pound of muscle in 2 months.

Rexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.