HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Shaw up 12 pounds already ?

Old
07-23-2012, 03:32 PM
hawksfan50

vCash: 500
Shaw up 12 pounds already ?

Sun-times reported Shaw had worked on the weights and had already added 12 pounds (so now 192?) ..if camp started on time maybe he adds another 5-8 lbs by then and comes in at 200lbs! IF we get a delay i the season due to CBA lock-out for 2 months maybe he comes in at 210? Will such biffness slow him up (looss of agility?) --remember Patrick Kane came in buffed up lst year -and he regressed -not as we all expected that he would "progress" to a higher level...

The good news is that when Shaw hits opponents now-they will feel it a lot more ..should be fun to see..

Q wants us to be tougher to play against...I guess he should talk to Stan about signing Raffi Torres as a UFA...better Torres not do harm to OUR GUYS ...I know he is despicable but as I said logically better them than us if you know what I mean...(please do not threaten me with a moderator warning for advocating hurting any NHL'er,I never would do that-I'm just saying IF Bettman lets Torres play in the league--better them that get to suffer than us -and of course Bettman will let Torres play in the league--so why should our valuable stars be his targets? Better other teams stars as targets. Of course if Bettman would ban Torres forever I won't complain--but as long as he does let this menace play -better he menace others than our guys)..it is just logical... Now if we have a healthy Carcillo, a bigger Shaw and add a Torres,I do not think teams willbe taking libeties with our softy stars again ,will they?

hawksfan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:35 PM
Illinihockey

He has a small frame, I don't know how effective he'd be near 200 lbs.

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:36 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

vCash: 1868
He's probably motivated because of all the things present here that aren't in other organizations.

Gootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:37 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
Sun-times reported Shaw had worked on the weights and had already added 12 pounds (so now 192?) ..if camp started on time maybe he adds another 5-8 lbs by then and comes in at 200lbs! IF we get a delay i the season due to CBA lock-out for 2 months maybe he comes in at 210? Will such biffness slow him up (looss of agility?) --remember Patrick Kane came in buffed up lst year -and he regressed -not as we all expected that he would "progress" to a higher level...

The good news is that when Shaw hits opponents now-they will feel it a lot more ..should be fun to see..

Q wants us to be tougher to play against...I guess he should talk to Stan about signing Raffi Torres as a UFA...better Torres not do harm to OUR GUYS ...I know he is despicable but as I said logically better them than us if you know what I mean...(please do not threaten me with a moderator warning for advocating hurting any NHL'er,I never would do that-I'm just saying IF Bettman lets Torres play in the league--better them that get to suffer than us -and of course Bettman will let Torres play in the league--so why should our valuable stars be his targets? Better other teams stars as targets. Of course if Bettman would ban Torres forever I won't complain--but as long as he does let this menace play -better he menace others than our guys)..it is just logical... Now if we have a healthy Carcillo, a bigger Shaw and add a Torres,I do not think teams willbe taking libeties with our softy stars again ,will they?
what a horrible idea.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:45 PM
Sevanston

Rogers said that Kruger had also put on weight, but no numbers were given, and Kruger reportedly said something to the effect of "you can't add it all in one summer."

There. The perfect segue into a Kruger thread hijacking.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:48 PM
Blue Liner

If you train properly and maintain stretching and proper flexibility you don't lose any agility. It's not like he suddenly became a pre-competition Ronnie Coleman on skates because he put on 12 pounds.

Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:50 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Rogers said that Kruger had also put on weight, but no numbers were given, and Kruger reportedly said something to the effect of "you can't add it all in one summer."

There. The perfect segue into a Kruger thread hijacking.
Ankle weights don't count.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 06:04 PM
EbonyRaptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
Sun-times reported Shaw had worked on the weights and had already added 12 pounds (so now 192?) ..if camp started on time maybe he adds another 5-8 lbs by then and comes in at 200lbs! IF we get a delay i the season due to CBA lock-out for 2 months maybe he comes in at 210?
Holy jumpin (as Panger would say) - I think you're on to something. By the start of the 2013/14 season he could be 235-240. By 2014/15, 280-290. Jeez - by the end of the decade he could be closing in on half a grand. A virtual wrecking ball on skates. Yeah baby

EbonyRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 06:06 PM
madgoat33

he's not putting on 8 lbs of muscle in 2 months without "help".

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 06:29 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Mcdonalds helps put on weight plenty

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 06:41 PM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

Dat dere cell-tech.

MadhouseOnMadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 06:43 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

vCash: 1868
He needs to summer with Big Buff

They say the camera adds 10 pounds...I sure hope there were a lot of cameras

Gootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 06:48 PM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
It can be done. It'd be difficult and take a lot of dedication, but he seems like a high motor and hard worker, so I could see it definitely being true.

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 06:55 PM
massivegoonery

dat biffness.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 06:56 PM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
It's the end of July so that's closer to 3 months. He's 20 and his body is changing from a young man's body into a grown man's body. A non-enhanced 8lbs isn't that out of the question for a young professional athlete

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 06:57 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
It's just about one pound a week. If you hit the gym hard and eat right that's not an issue. Especially if they are new lifting and eating habits.

Old
07-23-2012, 06:58 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootie View Post

Jesus Buff, is this from his court appearance?

Old
07-23-2012, 06:58 PM
hockeydoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootie View Post

lol, when was that picture taken?

I was going to ask if it was 12lbs of Buff or Wellwood pounds of body building or 12 pounds of muscle.

hockeydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 07:05 PM
Illinihockey

You can put on 8 lbs in 3 months but its not all muscle, some of that is water weight.

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 07:06 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeydoug View Post
lol, when was that picture taken?

I was going to ask if it was 12lbs of Buff or Wellwood pounds of body building or 12 pounds of muscle.
I saw the video, it's from his court appearance today where all the charges were drop.

He looked big!

Old
07-23-2012, 07:14 PM
MagicSlap*

You can definitely put on 12lbs in 3 months, I've done it myself during college for sports. It's tough and it's not all pure muscle but if you're eating right it's definitely good, solid mass.

Also, to whoever said you can maintain agility, you CAN, but it is quite difficult to, especially adding 12 pounds. It's just extremely difficult to do. He'd likely have stop trying to add weight in a month or so and then focus slowly on explosiveness until the season starts and spend a lot of time on the ice.

But yea, excited to see Shaw play.

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 07:20 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:

Having a bad day are we ... or are you just naturally bitter? Are you accusing Shaw of taking steroids?

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 07:29 PM
Rexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadhouseOnMadison View Post
Dat dere cell-tech.

u mirin?

Rexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 07:54 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
It can be done. It'd be difficult and take a lot of dedication, but he seems like a high motor and hard worker, so I could see it definitely being true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
It's the end of July so that's closer to 3 months. He's 20 and his body is changing from a young man's body into a grown man's body. A non-enhanced 8lbs isn't that out of the question for a young professional athlete
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
It's just about one pound a week. If you hit the gym hard and eat right that's not an issue. Especially if they are new lifting and eating habits.
1)I doubt either are true of shaw since he's been a pretty good size
2)8lbs in 2 months isn't that much, 8lbs of muscle in two months is a tall order

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Having a bad day are we ... or are you just naturally bitter? Are you accusing Shaw of taking steroids?
no, just stating facts. You're not putting on 8lbs of pure muscle in 2 months without roids. Unless of course you're either a late bloomer at 20 or still in puberty. Neither of which I'd say shaw is considering he's already pretty good sized. 8lbs in 2 months with a good diet and good lifting plan is easily attainable though.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 07:58 PM
Rexy

Quote:
no, just stating facts. You're not putting on 8lbs of pure muscle in 2 months without roids. Unless of course you're either a late bloomer at 20 or still in puberty. Neither of which I'd say shaw is considering he's already pretty good sized. 8lbs in 2 months with a good diet and good lifting plan is easily attainable though.
It's possible, but fact is, I doubt it's all muscle.

These guys have some of the best trainers in the world, so while it might not be possible for you or me to put on 4 pounds of good weight in a month, it could be with a new regime, hand fed dietitians who give you what to eat and when to eat at all times, etc. Plus, depending on how he was working out before, it could just be beginner lbs.

When I first started working out, I could put on a pound a week, but now I'm lucky if I can put on a pound of muscle in 2 months.

Rexy is offline   Reply With Quote