HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Championship Memorabilia

Old
07-22-2012, 11:59 PM
KOPITARRULEZ11

vCash: 500
team la doesnt have too much stuff left =(

KOPITARRULEZ11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 11:27 AM
WINNNING

Does anyone happen to know if any retailers like best buy, target..etc will have the DVD/blue-ray tomorrow? I lagged on preordering it and want to get it tomorrow after work if I can

WINNNING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 11:56 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

The new Beckett hockey is out with Anze Kopitar on the cover. Last issue had Quick. Last issue's top 25 hottest cards had a few Quick'sin the list. This issue the top 25 is dominated by Kings cards of Quick, Brown and Kopitar. Strangely there are no Doughty, Richards or Carter's.

I feel like hockey card mags have a lot of legitimacy because the fans vote with their dollars. The last time the Kings had the cover was in the 90s with Gretzky several times and once with Robitaille. Never have the Kings had back-to-back.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 02:33 PM
christhn

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINNNING View Post
Does anyone happen to know if any retailers like best buy, target..etc will have the DVD/blue-ray tomorrow? I lagged on preordering it and want to get it tomorrow after work if I can
Best Buy has it in their ad for $17 on DVD and $25 on Blu-Ray, or something like that. I heard that Fry's has it in their ad for $19.99 on Blu-Ray, but I can't find that ad anywhere.

If someone has the Fry's ad, could you please link us to it or scan it so that we can price match it? There isn't a Fry's within 30 minutes of me.

christhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:22 PM
Sybil227

Fry's ads are available directly off their homepage. frys.com/ads

Sybil227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 04:15 PM
Pucknut50

I wished they would have taken time and put something together that would be worthwhile to have as a keepsake. With it being out so soon you know its just a marketing thing by slapping it together and getting their $20.00 without much effort.

I love NFL films or HBO because they do such a great job at the production level of these types of films. The personal side of the game is what makes for great viewing not just a replay of highlights and a few interviews with a short clip of the parade.

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 04:47 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
I wished they would have taken time and put something together that would be worthwhile to have as a keepsake. With it being out so soon you know its just a marketing thing by slapping it together and getting their $20.00 without much effort.

I love NFL films or HBO because they do such a great job at the production level of these types of films. The personal side of the game is what makes for great viewing not just a replay of highlights and a few interviews with a short clip of the parade.
Well it isn't like this is their first rodeo. I'm pretty sure they had an idea they'd be putting one of these together for one of the teams when the playoffs start. Maybe it will suck but I'd hope that after doing these for every team, they'd have a good handle on doing it by now. I guess we'll all find out...

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:09 PM
christhn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybil227 View Post
Fry's ads are available directly off their homepage. frys.com/ads
I checked that, but I'm still not seeing the $19.99 for the Blu-Ray unless I'm missing something...

Old
07-23-2012, 05:30 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

I pre-ordered my BD from Amazon the same day the Kings won the Cup, but it looks like it won't be arriving until Thursday. I may just cancel it and buy it at Best Buy tomorrow.

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:41 PM
SLang

In the ad I saw there was clearly content we've (well, at least I've) never seen. I saw a quick shot of Penner in the locker room holding up a big Stanley Cup Playoffs poster-thing that had puck-sized holes in it that they were obviously filling up with a puck for each game they'd won.....stuff like that......can't wait.

I'll admit....last night I scanned through round 2 game 4, round 3 game 5, and Finals game 6 on the DVR, and I'm here to report, yes, it still never gets old.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 06:21 PM
Sybil227

Quote:
Originally Posted by christhn View Post
I checked that, but I'm still not seeing the $19.99 for the Blu-Ray unless I'm missing something...
Yeah, I didn't see anything, either. I was just providing the link.
The link provided by Face Wash on Tony's sneak-preview thread seems to be pretty good. I'm probably going to pick it up from Wal-Mart.

DVD
Blu-Ray

Sybil227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 08:27 PM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

Not sure if somebody posted these already but I am going to the market tonight to get me some milk.

Wildturkey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 08:39 PM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

Is there a championship book that I'm missing? I thought at first that LAT's "Crowning Glory" was the only one. I was lucky enough to stumble upon the other two books.

Found an error from Crowning Glory. Did anyone else notice this?

"Center Mike Richards reacts as Dustin Brown scores the game-winning goal in overtime of Game 5."

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 08:51 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Ordered my DVD today.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 09:12 PM
Twindad*
Father of Twins

Not sure if this was posted, too lazy to read entire thread but Luc Robitaille is going to be at Sports Chalet in Arcadia on the 25th from 7-8 PM signing DVD's only.

400 S. Baldwin Ave.
Arcadia

Twindad* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 09:17 PM
Scottkmlps

I really want one of those Bud Light bottles, but don't think they are available in Canada. Hell, they just started with the aluminum bottles up here about a month ago (in B.C. at least), but those are only available in Coors Light, Coors Light Iced Tea, and Molson Canadian.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 03:31 AM
christhn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybil227 View Post
Yeah, I didn't see anything, either. I was just providing the link.
The link provided by Face Wash on Tony's sneak-preview thread seems to be pretty good. I'm probably going to pick it up from Wal-Mart.

DVD
Blu-Ray
Found it!
http://offersanddeals.latimes.com/pl...ectronics.html

Old
07-24-2012, 04:56 AM
kingsholygrail
You Face Jaraxxus!

I might actually buy Bud if I find that at the store.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 11:13 AM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Seventyx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 12:58 PM
Shootmaster_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
I really want one of those Bud Light bottles, but don't think they are available in Canada. Hell, they just started with the aluminum bottles up here about a month ago (in B.C. at least), but those are only available in Coors Light, Coors Light Iced Tea, and Molson Canadian.
Are these bottles available nationwide? If so my parents are heading to Hawaii and I'd get them to bring me back a 6 pack. I don't really care for Bud Light (or lager in general), but I'd drink it to get the commorative bottle.

Since I can't get a refund on US bought bottles anyhow, if my parents can find one and I can clean it well enough so that it won't stink, I'd be willing to send out the other 5 bottles.

Any other commemorative bottles aside from the milk (which I assume is only available in Southern California)? I know that if a Canadian team would have won, Coke would have commemorative cans made. Anything like that my parents could find in Hawaii?

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 01:11 PM
Shootmaster_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
Is there a championship book that I'm missing? I thought at first that LAT's "Crowning Glory" was the only one. I was lucky enough to stumble upon the other two books.

As far as I know those are the only books that were produced. A few magazines had the Kings on the cover though. You might still be able to find The Hockey News with them on the cover. Sportsnet Magazine here in Canada had the Kings on the cover. I'm sure if you go to their website (http://www.sportsnet.ca/magazine/) and email their Customer Care people you might be able to order a back issue. I believe it was the July 1 issue that had the Kings on the cover.

Sports Illustrated had Lebron James and a Thunder player on the cover of the post-Cup issue and had a two page article about the Kings inside. Pretty poor coverage of it actually, since the article if I remember right was mostly about how a couple players lived during the series.

I never could track down Sporting News or ESPN Magazine, but I doubt either had much either. Also, as big as hockey is in Canada none of the general interest/news magazines had anything in them that I could find. However, I never did check MacLean's magazine, that one might have had a mention in it. I'll take a look on Friday at my Doctor's office (they usually have old magazines).

I read something somewhere about the Kings doing their own book too. I don't believe it has been released, but that is one other one to track down. Also, it always seems like every team has some author who just happened to decide at the beginning of the season to write a book about the team and 'lo and behold they won the Cup. I'm sure one of these will trickle out by January. I always have a hard time believing that just by chance an author decided to write a book about a team's season and they end up winning the Cup. I always figure they use that to promote the book, but really only wrote the book after the fact.

The hardest thing to track down, that I will really want is next year's media guide in hard copy. I know I could print the .pdf when the Kings post it, but having the real media guide in book form that the press gets would be a real collectors item. You can always find a few on EBay as the season wears on, some are super pricey and others can be had for $2 plus shipping. I collected all 30 MLB media guides, the Spring Training guide and the two League guides one year. I believe some cost me $30 or more and teams like the Royals were about $1. I think the Eastern teams' press gets a copy when they are playing the Kings and since they generally play them once during the season, they no longer need them after that game.

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 06:44 PM
123slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventyx7 View Post
Where'd you get that one? Looks different than the others.

123slam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 06:46 PM
123slam

Does anyone know a place in the San Fernando Valley that carries the Bud Lights? Would be awesome to have.

123slam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 07:01 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twindad View Post
Not sure if this was posted, too lazy to read entire thread but Luc Robitaille is going to be at Sports Chalet in Arcadia on the 25th from 7-8 PM signing DVD's only.

400 S. Baldwin Ave.
Arcadia
I'll be there. This one is in the Santa Anita fashion park mall, next to the food court and D&B.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 01:28 PM
nocturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post

Found an error from Crowning Glory. Did anyone else notice this?

"Center Mike Richards reacts as Dustin Brown scores the game-winning goal in overtime of Game 5."
You forgot the game 6 program.

nocturn is online now   Reply With Quote