HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rick Nash+S. Delisle+cond. 3rd to NYR for Dubinsky+Anisimov+Erixon+2013 1st (Part II)

Closed Thread

Old
07-23-2012, 08:28 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
Is it the teeth?
The teeth are definitely part of it. Similar facial hair too. And I think their heads might be similarly shaped.

Old
07-23-2012, 08:30 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Fraudland keeps tweeting this...

Can they pony up the 26 mil or so in the 1st year? That seemed to be the biggest issue. Personally I hope they do for the sake of their franchise and more so screwing over the Flyers.

This could backfire on Holmgren. If the Weber offer sheet pushed Howson to cave knowing that his other suitors for Nash are down to zilch, and Holmgren doesn't get Weber, he might as well go buy new underwear if Nashville matches because.... His defense without Pronger is suspect, his goaltending is as good as a larger than normal traffic cone, and his offense took a hit losing Jagr and not getting Parise.
good analysis.

Old
07-23-2012, 08:32 PM
Skrimpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
It's funny. I sit here most of the year and I'm one of a handful of people with a generally positive outlook on Sather and the way things are running on the team. Today, just about everyone is celebrating. Meanwhile, I'm unsmiling and trying to get through the sticker shock and not worry too much about depth issues and potential chemistry problems.
not sure there will be chemistry problems. He wants to play and win. He doesn't have to worry about being a capt anymore. Sticker shock, yes. Making two/potentially three holes to fill one? Not sure about that. Can he stand up to the pressure? We will see. I'm happy with the trade but disappointed that Erixon is gone. If his development had gone as planned and *hopefully* Sauer returns, it would have made for one bad ass d-corps with two roster problems solved. Gee Torts, who do we play tonight? Stralman, Bickel or Eminger? Don't have to decide. Have three top lines.

Girardi/Staal
McDonagh/Sauer
Erixon/DelZotto

I was really looking forward to watching that...and watching a power play that had at least one puck moving D-man on each unit.

Plus, I am very fearful that he will flop after a year or two. Doesn't that always seem to be the case with the big trades/signings?

Old
07-23-2012, 08:36 PM
Killem Dafoe
give me the formuoli

vCash: 50
Quote:
The teeth are definitely part of it. Similar facial hair too. And I think their heads might be similarly shaped.
If its about the Teeth add Staal.

Old
07-23-2012, 08:38 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

McD--Girardi
Staal--Sauer
MDZ--McIlrath

Being totally optimistic.

Old
07-23-2012, 08:40 PM
Skrimpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
I pray that they match
I do too. That would be so awesome.

Old
07-23-2012, 08:46 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
McD--Girardi
Staal--Sauer
MDZ--McIlrath

Being totally optimistic.
My God I wish Schultz was in this team. He would have slotted beautifully into that second line spot.

07-23-2012, 08:47 PM
Levitate

The thing with trading Erixon is that we all knew the Rangers would have to trade/lose a defenseman or two in coming years. If not him, then Del Zotto, or Staal, or Girardi (not necessarily in this trade but at some point)

I think Del Zottos bounce back year also really helped the org decide to keep him

Old
07-23-2012, 08:53 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
it's going to be adorable, i'm not even kidding either they'll all sit around smiling and Dubinsky will softly blurt out, "I'm the best ****ing player on the team right now." They all keep staring straight ahead in silence for a second before Prospal calmly says, "Yeah you are.."
you sure you're in the right forum?

Old
07-23-2012, 08:54 PM
Gardner McKay
The NYR get...

vCash: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
The thing with trading Erixon is that we all knew the Rangers would have to trade/lose a defenseman or two in coming years. If not him, then Del Zotto, or Staal, or Girardi (not necessarily in this trade but at some point)

I think Del Zottos bounce back year also really helped the org decide to keep him
Well said, and to be honest if Del Zotto didn't have such an off year I wonder if we even make the trade for Erixon. At the time I can see how it was a win-win but still.

07-23-2012, 08:55 PM
Lexus Dog

http://www.hockey-reference.com/play...rder_by=points

Basically this is a list of players that increased their goal totals after age 28. It is a very elite and short list of 33. Only Hossa, Jagr, and Iginla did it post-lockout.

So it's a huge reality check for those of you that think Nash will be "reborn, rebirthed, born-again, motivated, etc, etc", and start scoring 40-50 (or even 35) goals. Unless you think he is that type of generational talent...

Don't expect anything more than 30 goals. Assists could go up, sure, because I'd like to think we have better forwards (and defensemen) than Columbus that could finish on his rebounds, passes, and secondary passes.

Nash is what he is. 60-70 point player, nothing more and for the love of all that is holy, I hope nothing less considering what we gave up.

Old
07-23-2012, 08:56 PM
Killem Dafoe
give me the formuoli

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
you sure you're in the right forum?
hah im not sure i understand what you're getting at mister.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:01 PM
h0ckeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexus Dog View Post

Basically this is a list of players that increased their goal totals after age 28. It is a very elite and short list of 33. Only Hossa, Jagr, and Iginla did it post-lockout.

So it's a huge reality check for those of you that think Nash will be "reborn, rebirthed, born-again, motivated, etc, etc", and start scoring 40-50 (or even 35) goals. Unless you think he is that type of generational talent...

Don't expect anything more than 30 goals. Assists could go up, sure, because I'd like to think we have better forwards (and defensemen) than Columbus that could finish on his rebounds, passes, and secondary passes.

Nash is what he is. 60-70 point player, nothing more and for the love of all that is holy, I hope nothing less considering what we gave up.
Interesting, but I really do believe that these are very different and special circumstances. Nash has never played with similar or even close to the talent he can play with on NYR.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:07 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
It's funny. I sit here most of the year and I'm one of a handful of people with a generally positive outlook on Sather and the way things are running on the team. Today, just about everyone is celebrating. Meanwhile, I'm unsmiling and trying to get through the sticker shock and not worry too much about depth issues and potential chemistry problems.
Not sure why you would worry considering none of our forwards had chemistry in the first place.

Callahan-Dubinsky-Anisimov had zero chemistry. A few solid games and people fell in love because it was a totally homegrown line.

I'll glowingly rave about our defense and goaltending for hours on end, but our forward group these past few seasons has been laughably bad, and while we outscored a bunch of other teams, we moved the puck better then none of them. Nash will not be ruining anything special, we had nothing special.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:08 PM
ltsthinaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
No MDZ, no McDonagh, no Stepan. Good deal.

Time will tell the cap rammifications in the future (longterm).
My thoughts exactly - they were going to get Nash come hell or high water, so getting him without giving up a first-line player is all one can expect. Going to miss Dubinsky, but I doubt Anisimov will ever really develop, and while I think Erixon has a lot of potential, we have lots of good young defenseman, especially if Sauer ever comes back healthy.

This trade also will have some likely good unforseen consequences, as having a star like Nash will take some of the defensive pressure off Hagelin and Stepan and allow them to score much more.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:09 PM
SouthJerseyRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
Interesting, but I really do believe that these are very different and special circumstances. Nash has never played with similar or even close to the talent he can play with on NYR.
Not only does Nash have a chance to play with a talent like Stepan or Richards; he'll be on a team where there are other big scoring threats in Gaborik, Kreider, and Callahan (but especially Gabby).

I see no reason that Nash can't pot 35-40 goals with the tremendous increase in talent around him.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:10 PM
Greg in MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
"Yeah absolutely, I'm excited about the value we got today. I wasn't going to make the trade unless I was happy about the value coming back and today was that day."

more or less what Howson said. haha yeah like that value and then some wasn't staring you in the fact since day one when the value you wanted was one of Kreider or Stepan and one of MDZ or McD...
What else was he going to say? "Yea well it was either this offer or a bag of pucks ... "

Old
07-23-2012, 09:12 PM
Gardner McKay
The NYR get...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthJerseyRanger View Post
Not only does Nash have a chance to play with a talent like Stepan or Richards; he'll be on a team where there are other big scoring threats in Gaborik, Kreider, and Callahan (but especially Gabby).

I see no reason that Nash can't pot 35-40 goals with the tremendous increase in talent around him.
People were clamoring that Jagr would have a 130 point year again playing with Gomez. Some said Gaborik would hit 60 with Richards. Look how close reality was.

Nash is what Nash is, nothing else. I applaud you for sticking with reasonable #'s and not saying that he will score 50.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:12 PM
Lexus Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
Is it really that special of a circumstance? Of all the players that have played the game, yet only 33? Other players haven't had similar circumstances?

Also, remember it took Nash over 300 shots to score 30 goals this season. Yikes. Will he get 300 shots next season with us? That's the thought that wakes me up in the middle of the night.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:13 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Well said, and to be honest if Del Zotto didn't have such an off year I wonder if we even make the trade for Erixon. At the time I can see how it was a win-win but still.
true but when you can hose the other team like that with opportunistic trading, it's good asset management to go for it! cost us 2 2nds and Horak IIRC.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:14 PM
Lexus Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthJerseyRanger View Post
Nope:

Old
07-23-2012, 09:14 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
People were clamoring that Jagr would have a 130 point year again playing with Gomez. Some said Gaborik would hit 60 with Richards. Look how close reality was.

Nash is what Nash is, nothing else. I applaud you for sticking with reasonable #'s and not saying that he will score 50.
Gomez is not Brad Richards, Derek Stepan, Ryan Callahan, Marian Gaborik, and Chris Kreider. Hell, he's not even Brad Richards.

Who ever said Gaborik would hit 60 is ****ing ******** and needs their head examined.

Nash getting 35-40 goals on this NYR team is not far fetched at all.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:15 PM
Rangerfan4life90

I personally see Nash scoring 35-40 goals. Not at all unreasonable cause he has the talent to do so and he'll be coming to a much more talented team than the CBJ.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:16 PM
Lexus Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreiders Underwear View Post

It really is.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:17 PM
Gardner McKay
The NYR get...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreiders Underwear View Post
Gomez is not Brad Richards, Derek Stepan, Ryan Callahan, Marian Gaborik, and Chris Kreider. Hell, he's not even Brad Richards.

Who ever said Gaborik would hit 60 is ****ing ******** and needs their head examined.

Where did I say it was far fetched? I was saying I applaud the guy for not jumping to stupid expectations like some here do and that they were REASONABLE numbers.

Closed Thread