HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Satan to Islanders, Visnovsky maybe not

Old
07-23-2012, 05:44 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 0
the clause kicked in July 1st and he was traded at the draft

Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:45 PM
Dan-o16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
That none of us have any right to criticizing him for wanting his contract terms upheld. Whatever reasons he has, he obviously wants his terms upheld and some people like where they live and after making millions and playing for 15 years, maybe where he lives is worth more to him then money.

Just a thought
A deep thought. I bet most people who'll just say "I'll move!" don't have kids. And if they do, maybe they shouldn't. Overly ambitious people make crappy parents, because they'll do whatever it takes to make money, whether its good for their family or not.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:53 PM
isleskovalchuk

correct me if im wrong, but the trade went through on draft day. Everyone seems to be saying his NMC goes into effect on July 1. If so, whats the problem? Is there something I'm missing?

isleskovalchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:53 PM
CanseiDeSerBreakcore
'Charro Unchained'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
Okay. Imagine you're 64 years old. And you have recently accumulated something around 10 times more than you require to retire. And you've got really great kids and grandkids. Oh, and your work requires you to be in a different country than your native country. And then, your company wants you to move across country at 40% less pay pay than you made last year. Then they want to transfer you to help resuscitate a failing wing of the corp. Imagine also that you're also the sort of guy who has interests in other things.

The comparison isn't "'off to some'", it's plain silly.

Cheers,

Dan-o
Okay - well "verbally illustrated."

That being the case, I'd rather not take the hit of trading for a player that *suddenly decided* retiring is better than honoring a contract to it's completion - having gone the arbitration route, let the Islanders at least get the 2nd rounder back, and that way Visno gets to retire as a Duck. Void the trade, then he can retire.

CanseiDeSerBreakcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:55 PM
Isles Junkie

It's always something with this franchise.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 07:20 PM
startainfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeZebra View Post
I really don't think Lubo wants to play for us. Maybe we can package him with something to get another d-man
neither did nabby

he will probably show up to training camp and enjoy it and then sign an extension next off season

startainfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 07:40 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

he'll show up, he'll get through training camp and blow a hammy in week one...book it.

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 07:43 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Wow, tough days to be an Isles fan. Claim a guy on waivers, he refuses to play for you. Trade for a guy, he doesn't want to play for your. Free agent signings is a 37 y/o who had a rep of being a quitter when he was in his prime. Which just so happens to be the rep of the other UFA they signed. Meanwhile their own UFA left town... damn ...tough days!

I hope Wang doesn't screw the pooch when his young, high draft pick, players start hitting/nearing UFA age.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 08:00 PM
Nolanitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
I guess being dead last in attendance almost every year since the lockout shows how much the organization cares about icing a quality product.

A low salary is more important to the islanders than getting fans to show up.
It all ties into revenues coming in. The Isles need a new building desperately in order to make money. They are dead last in attendance because the fans do not believe the joke of an owner they have. It is really frustrating being an Isles fan, but so be it. Hopefully Wang sells soon, and a real owner shows up to clean up his mess. I do not believe a word this guy says (Wang) as he really should probably be in jail with his partner Kumar. And no politician in NY is going to trust him either. Mark my words that Bettman is going to have to step in and force Wang's hand, hopefully to sell!

Nolanitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 08:39 PM
parineum

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleskovalchuk View Post
correct me if im wrong, but the trade went through on draft day. Everyone seems to be saying his NMC goes into effect on July 1. If so, whats the problem? Is there something I'm missing?
When the Kings signed him to his current contract, it came with an NTC. The Kings traded him before the contract was in effect. This gave the Oilers the option of either honoring the NTC or not honoring it. If they honored it, once the contract kicks in with the NTC, the NTC will follow Visnovsky around.

The murky part of this situation is that nobody seems to know if the Oilers honored the NTC or not. Visnovsky seems to think so.

parineum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 08:43 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
There's no way Satan is coming back to Long Island.
This was my first thought, its hard to believe hes still playing....

JOHNBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 08:49 PM
isleskovalchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by parineum View Post
When the Kings signed him to his current contract, it came with an NTC. The Kings traded him before the contract was in effect. This gave the Oilers the option of either honoring the NTC or not honoring it. If they honored it, once the contract kicks in with the NTC, the NTC will follow Visnovsky around.

The murky part of this situation is that nobody seems to know if the Oilers honored the NTC or not. Visnovsky seems to think so.
Even if it was honored, the NTC didn't go into effect until year 5. Year 5 would have began on July 1

Old
07-23-2012, 09:05 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

I'd rather have seen Satan sign a 10-day deal with the Devils... best 10-day deal in Devils history.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 09:10 PM
isleskovalchuk

From an article Staple posted

The Islanders had no comment on the matter. They are not involved in the grievance, though they would be greatly affected by the outcome if Visnovsky wins and the deal is voided.
They could still try to make a deal with the Ducks for Visnovsky, who has told friends he would still be open to playing for the Islanders even if he wins his case.
"He's been very thankful for the attention he's received from the Islanders. He's impressed," Sheehy said. "This is not a New York Islanders issue."

Old
07-23-2012, 09:29 PM
Isles Junkie

Quote:

The Islanders had no comment on the matter. They are not involved in the grievance, though they would be greatly affected by the outcome if Visnovsky wins and the deal is voided.
They could still try to make a deal with the Ducks for Visnovsky, who has told friends he would still be open to playing for the Islanders even if he wins his case.
"He's been very thankful for the attention he's received from the Islanders. He's impressed," Sheehy said. "This is not a New York Islanders issue."
Then why file the grievance? If he has no problem playing for the Isles, then what is it he's looking to gain by going back to Anaheim & then being traded back to the Islanders? He's already here?

I think the most confusing part about all this is the NYI looking to bring back Satan.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 09:32 PM
isleskovalchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
Then why file the grievance? If he has no problem playing for the Isles, then what is it he's looking to gain by going back to Anaheim & then being traded back to the Islanders? He's already here?

I think the most confusing part about all this is the NYI looking to bring back Satan.
Maybe this is a CBA/ NHLPA issue that they want to make apparent during negotiations?

Old
07-23-2012, 09:51 PM
Tiranis

Quote:

It's an NHLPA/contract thing. GMs can't just ignore a player's NTC.

Tiranis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 10:01 PM
isleskovalchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
It's an NHLPA/contract thing. GMs can't just ignore a player's NTC.
I'm thinking either that, or Lubo is trying to clear his name just in case he loses. Not sure what to make of this situation anymore

Old
07-23-2012, 10:09 PM
jameswrjobe53

interesting about Ľubomír Višňovský

jameswrjobe53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 10:17 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 0
Quote:
It's always something with this franchise.
In this case it is the NHLPA IMO

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 10:53 PM
bland

Quote:

"No problem playing for the Islanders" but prefering to play elsewhere, as defined by the contract he negotiated, seems to be the issue.

Rumors late last season had Visnovsky considering retiring from the NHL and playing his remaining days in Europe. This is the weakest dollar year of his contract, and if it truly is his last in the NHL, playing for about half of what he had been making on the premium years of the deal for a suspect franchise with no hope of the post-season isn't exactly something to get all geeked out about.

bland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 11:12 PM
Original Rob

Quote:

Quote:

It's the principal of the thing. There's principalities here!

Original Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 11:15 PM
hatterson
Global Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to hatterson
Quote:
Maybe this is a CBA/ NHLPA issue that they want to make apparent during negotiations?
In addition, if it's upheld that his NTC was valid he now has it while he's on Long Island and the Isles couldn't deal him away at the trade deadline without his permission.

07-23-2012, 11:17 PM
De Montreal
help

Kaberle and Weber for Visnovsky?

edit: Tomas* Kaberle
edit2: Yannick* Weber
edit3: Lubomir* Visnovsky

De Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 11:24 PM
Kane One

vCash: 1000
So what if he wins this?

What will the Islanders get in return? Will Anaheim compensate them for that 2nd round pick?