HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo XXV - *Important Mod Warning #15*

Closed Thread

Old
07-23-2012, 04:09 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 50
Luongo XXV - *Important Mod Warning #15*

Gillis was on team1040 for two hours this morning, Here is some of the news on the luongo front.

Gillis suggested more activity could percolate in mid-August.
Quote:
“As you get closer to the season, things begin to pick up as teams see their needs.”
On the market for Luongo, there have been real deals on the table. Gillis hasn’t been motivated to move, though he suggested that could evolve with time.

Quote:
“We’ve been given solid offers. Nothing we would do today. We’re going to continue the process with the teams that are interested.”
Gillis on Luongo:
Quote:
"If and when we trade Roberto we are going to trade him for players that are going to make us a better team."

Old
07-23-2012, 04:10 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Need to get through 5 more threads to get to XXX.

Old
07-23-2012, 04:11 PM
Alexander Baigle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
I lost interest after the final James Bond movie title.

Old
07-23-2012, 04:23 PM
racerjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
I think there is three of those movies too.

As I said before I really don't think much will happen until the new CBA is signed. Don't expect Luongo or Ryan or Na... oh what he moved. Well I know little.

Old
07-23-2012, 08:08 PM
alpine4life

Now that that Nash value have been established. What you guys believe is Luongo's value?

Old
07-23-2012, 08:11 PM
CommonMeans*

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine4life View Post
Now that that Nash value have been established. What you guys believe is Luongo's value?
I don't see the correlation.

Old
07-23-2012, 08:14 PM
Ched Brosky

Quote:
Gillis is a much better GM than Howson. On top of that the 3 main GMs Gillis has been talking to regarding Luongo are not as trade savy as Sather. Sather always seems to get a steal of a deal anytime he makes a major trade.

Old
07-23-2012, 08:14 PM
Evil Edler
HFBoards Sponsor

This isn't new at all, the same arguments will spring from this. Thread should still be locked until news of substance comes forth.

Old
07-23-2012, 08:16 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Gillis was on team1040 for two hours this morning, Here is some of the news on the luongo front.

Gillis suggested more activity could percolate in mid-August.

On the market for Luongo, there have been real deals on the table. Gillis hasnít been motivated to move, though he suggested that could evolve with time.

Gillis on Luongo:
I call ********. Luongo wants out -- even though Gillis denied it. It's so widely known now that he's talking about offers. My how things change. Sure Gillis asked for top prospects from FLA and T.O. but they laughed and hung up.

Seriously, I'm looking forward to Luongo sucking in October, like he does every year and the pending soap opera that develops with him on the bench. Offers will open up -- for sure. With Luo's GAA 6 in October he'll be lucky to give him away.

Keep waiting Gillis. If Gillis is going to hold his cards that long perhaps he should enroll in the WSOP like Luongo.

Old
07-23-2012, 08:20 PM
Scurr

Quote:
I'd take that package for Luongo, if that's what you mean.

Old
07-23-2012, 08:23 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
I call ********. Luongo wants out -- even though Gillis denied it. It's so widely known now that he's talking about offers. My how things change. Sure Gillis asked for top prospects from FLA and T.O. but they laughed and hung up.

Seriously, I'm looking forward to Luongo sucking in October, like he does every year and the pending soap opera that develops with him on the bench. Offers will open up -- for sure. With Luo's GAA 6 in October he'll be lucky to give him away.

Keep waiting Gillis. If Gillis is going to hold his cards that long perhaps he should enroll in the WSOP like Luongo.
? huh ...

Old
07-23-2012, 08:37 PM
The Pucks

Quote:

Stay classy TO fan, stay classy.

Old
07-23-2012, 08:46 PM
LeftCoast

Quote:

Old
07-23-2012, 08:53 PM
Szechwan
Plug Life.

Quote:

This man is mad. About what, I am not sure.

Old
07-23-2012, 08:55 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Please note - I closed the last thread due to the consistent flaming and OT posts. If this goes back to the same thing, you will be banned from this board and the same will occur. There will be zero warnings.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:00 PM
ProstheticConscience
Seeing is believing

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
Please note - I closed the last thread due to the consistent flaming and OT posts. If this goes back to the same thing, you will be banned from this board and the same will occur. There will be zero warnings.
Not to step on any moderating toes, but it took a whopping big nine posts for the first troll to show up, and there's still no actual news about Luongo. Just putting that out there.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:04 PM
ChillyPalmer

All though Nash does have more value then Luongo, Gillis isn't Howson.

I think he'll take the risk of having an unhappy Lu into training camp, and trading him at or slightly before the deadline.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:07 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
Not to step on any moderating toes, but it took a whopping big nine posts for the first troll to show up, and there's still no actual news about Luongo. Just putting that out there.
but the problem is that people have their opinions and get rather scruffy and go fighting when someone has a different opinion.

For me that math is simple--it is the leafs or some team that we have never heard of. the Panthers have their goalie of the future already in their system and wont give up much to get Luongo. Tallon is patient and will build the team properly.

With Leafs and canucks the math is also simple--two fan bases one fan base wants the moon in return and the other base willing to give up scrubs because of the contract. Arguements will happen. Personally I see the leafs getting benier from LA and that will reduce the teams that will have pressure on them to get Luongo.

With little or no news--fans get frustrated. The longer this drags on the more fighting that will happen.--they should just call the next thread MOD WARNING and that is it.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:09 PM
leaffansince1961

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonMeans View Post
I don't see the correlation.
I'm not trying to be flaming....I'm just trying to identify what I think the value of Luongo is.

I don't see the correlation either. Nash had a much better contract to absorb.

Nash - 28 yrs old, 6 yrs and $47.4M left on the contract and he'll be 34 at the end of it. A little high but not really a bad contract.

Luongo - 33 yrs old, 10 yrs and $47.3M left on the contract and he'll be 43 at the end of it.

Gillis must be very dissappointed with the Nash trade. I thought CBJ could have gotten a bit more but not incredibly more. This is what happens when you are dealing from a weakened position. This should give perspective on the value of long term expensive contracts to players on the downside of their career considering that Nash isn't on the downside yet.

Last edited by leaffansince1961: 07-23-2012 at 09:14 PM. Reason: spelling
Old
07-23-2012, 09:10 PM
medhatcanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillyPalmer View Post
All though Nash does have more value then Luongo, Gillis isn't Howson.

I think he'll take the risk of having an unhappy Lu into training camp, and trading him at or slightly before the deadline.
i don't see a reason. Gillis has stated he has solid offers (Not 100% sure, just basing off what was said above).

Just take one of those solid offers worst case scenerio before training camp. Or add a player from the Vancouver side.

ease peasy.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:10 PM
mstad101

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
Choosing to kill the thread isnt the way to go.
Something needs to be done about the individual trolls Instead.

To the idea of the Lu deal being held up by the CBA negotiations is kind of off base IMHO. Don Fehr has come out and said that at the rate they are going and to come up with the best possible solution, is to have the extension of the CBA to be for this coming season so no games are missed and a long term plan come up with.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:18 PM
ProstheticConscience
Seeing is believing

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
Choosing to kill the thread isnt the way to go.
Something needs to be done about the individual trolls Instead.

To the idea of the Lu deal being held up by the CBA negotiations is kind of off base IMHO. Don Fehr has come out and said that at the rate they are going and to come up with the best possible solution, is to have the extension of the CBA to be for this coming season so no games are missed and a long term plan come up with.
Okay, no offence, but did you happen to see any of the other 24 Luongo threads here? And the kicker is: There still is no bloody news. Nothing is new. No new information, no updates, no nothing but MG saying roughly the same thing he's been saying all along.

Anyway, carry on.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:20 PM
CommonMeans*

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaffansince1961 View Post
I'm not trying to be flaming....I'm just trying to identify what I think the value of Luongo is.

I don't see the correlation either. Nash had a much better contract to absorb.

Nash - 28 yrs old, 6 yrs and $47.4M left on the contract and he'll be 34 at the end of it. A little high but not really a bad contract.

Luongo - 33 yrs old, 10 yrs and $47.3M left on the contract and he'll be 43 at the end of it.

Gillis must be very dissappointed with the Nash trade. I thought CBJ could have gotten a bit more but not incredibly more. This is what happens when you are dealing from a weakened position. This should give perspective on the value of long term expensive contracts to players on the downside of their career considering that Nash isn't on the downside yet.
If you don't see the correlation then how could you assert that Gillis was dissappointed with the trade? Wouldn't that imply that there was a correlation between Nash's value and Luongo's?

Old
07-23-2012, 09:24 PM
palindrom

Dont you think Luongo is more needed in Vancouver than Florida?

Without Luongo Florida have Theodore, Clemmensen and Marstrom. (They had their best season in the last decade with this lineup)

Without Luongo Vancouver have a still not proven as a starter Schneider and a goalie with no NHL experience in Lack.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:25 PM
number72

I think the problem here is they (Gillis and especially Luongo) let the cat out of the bag that Luongo was on the way out. As easy as hfboarders make it out to be, you can't just not trade him. Luongo will be dealt - there is not Schneider/Luongo tandem at the start of season.

Closed Thread