HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rick Nash+S. Delisle+cond. 3rd to NYR for Dubinsky+Anisimov+Erixon+2013 1st (Part II)

Closed Thread

Old
07-23-2012, 09:18 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexus Dog View Post
It really is.
No, not because of what 1 article says. Him going over 40 goals is somewhat unreasonable. 35 goals is completely within reason.

07-23-2012, 09:18 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
It really is.
I would love to hear why you think it's farfetched.

07-23-2012, 09:19 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Is it really that special of a circumstance? Of all the players that have played the game, yet only 33? Other players haven't had similar circumstances?

Also, remember it took Nash over 300 shots to score 30 goals this season. Yikes. Will he get 300 shots next season with us? That's the thought that wakes me up in the middle of the night.
Not really fair though to consider his 300 shots on the BJs to 300 shots on the Rangers. He was by far their best scoring threat. No doubt his teammates were forcing him the puck and making him shoot it. Not saying his shooting percentage will double...but I would think something in the neighborhood of 15% is more likely. His scoring chances should definitely be better.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:19 PM
Lexus Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
I personally see Nash scoring 35-40 goals. Not at all unreasonable cause he has the talent to do so and he'll be coming to a much more talented team than the CBJ.
That's actually a big reason why he won't. It took him over 300 shots to score 30 with Columbus. A bad Columbus team. Now, he got to take those shots because he was by far and away the best player. He was the guy.

Here? 1st in the East, made the ECF, and have other star players. We were a very good team. He won't be getting 300 shots, which is scary, because that makes 30 goals (much less 35, 40) that much more unlikely.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:20 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
Where did I say it was far fetched? I was saying I applaud the guy for not jumping to stupid expectations like some here do and that they were REASONABLE numbers.
I'm adding on to you, not balling you out lol. Don't worry, I read the threads.

07-23-2012, 09:20 PM
Rangerfan4life90

Quote:
That's actually a big reason why he won't. It took him over 300 shots to score 30 with Columbus. A bad Columbus team. Now, he got to take those shots because he was by far and away the best player. He was the guy.

Here? 1st in the East, made the ECF, and have other star players. We were a very good team. He won't be getting 300 shots, which is scary, because that makes 30 goals (much less 35, 40) that much more unlikely.
Different teams, circumstances, players, etc.

I predict 35-40 goals easily. Anyone saying 45 or over is unrealistic.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:21 PM
Synergy27

Quote:
Is it really that special of a circumstance? Of all the players that have played the game, yet only 33? Other players haven't had similar circumstances?

Also, remember it took Nash over 300 shots to score 30 goals this season. Yikes. Will he get 300 shots next season with us? That's the thought that wakes me up in the middle of the night.
I'm not all-in on the Nash bandwagon by any means, but you really do need to factor in the guy's situation. If you think Nash isn't going to get better looks at the back of the net on this team than he ever has in Columbus, you're kidding yourself. I'd venture to guess that the 300 shots he took last season were mostly from the outside and/or with one or two players draped all over him - again, not going to happen on this team and if it does there will be other guys on the ice to take advantage of the space.

If this team can stay healthy, they definitely have the ability to match last season's result if not improve on it. If the injury bug hits, they might be in some trouble because this trade definitely took away a good chunk of depth.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:22 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline
#CBJ C Brandon Dubinsky tells Dispatch: "It's one of those things where I knew if it was going to happen, I'd be a part of it. But even if you expect it, you're still kind of shocked. For me, it's the first time I've ever been traded. It's a tough day but I'm already looking forward. My focus is going to be on helping my new team win games. I'm not going to be looking back wondering what would have happened with the Rangers. I want to be part of the group of guys that get Columbus where it wants to go."

Love Dubis attitutude. Hopefully he scores some goals in CBJ

Old
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:

I think your severely underestimating Nash. Just because he needed 300 shots to score 30 doesn't mean it will be the same in NY -- He will be with other players who can give him better feeds and put him in a better position to get quality shots.

Not to mention players will be looking to set him up so I don't see why he can't reach a similar shot total.

Old
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Nash will get 62 pts IMO. Hopefully he ups his game in the playoffs.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:23 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:

He will be playing on the 1st line and the PP. How is that any different than in CLB?

Old
07-23-2012, 09:23 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
I think your severely underestimating Nash. Just because he needed 300 shots to score 30 doesn't mean it will be the same in NY -- He will be with other players who can give him better feeds and put him in a better position to get quality shots.

Not to mention players will be looking to set him up so I don't see why he can't reach a similar shot total.
This. How many of those 300 were quality shots?

You can score 30 on 300 and you can also score 30 on 200. And who's to say with better teammates, he won't get more shots because his team will be able to get him more shots. Stop using stats Lexus. They don't apply at all.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:24 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreiders Underwear View Post
I'm adding on to you, not balling you out lol. Don't worry, I read the threads.
Good deal

Shouldn't your new name be Nash's underwear?

Old
07-23-2012, 09:24 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg in MA View Post
What else was he going to say? "Yea well it was either this offer or a bag of pucks ... "
Would have been nice to see him just be honest like that. lol

Old
07-23-2012, 09:26 PM
Lexus Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
I would love to hear why you think it's farfetched.
Just the history (link I posted) of the very short list of players increasing goal totals after age 28. And what I'm looking at now, his shots.

Now, his shooting percentage. That's arguable. The past two seasons it has been horrendous, posting last year an atrocious 9.8. I can understand him forcing it. The season before: 10.5. The only two times he got 40 goals he posted an identical 15.2% (269 shots and 263 shots).

Old
07-23-2012, 09:26 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Good deal

Shouldn't your new name be Nash's underwear?
Does he wear a good luck Rangers thong?

Old
07-23-2012, 09:27 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
No, not because of what 1 article says. Him going over 40 goals is somewhat unreasonable. 35 goals is completely within reason.
If he puts up a solid 60-65 pts and Gabby gets back to pot 30, Richards pots 25-30 and Cally, Krieder, Hags flirt with 20- 25 goals this team will be taking a step forward.

It all looks good on paper. That's where it starts. Now they have to play.

I love that this deal keeps some key chemistry from last year intact.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:27 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

I fail to see how it's unreasonable to say that Nash could put up 35 on this team when he'll be playing with Richards or Stepan, two guys that are better than just about anyone he played with in Columbus in his entire career.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:28 PM
Lexus Dog

Quote:
He will be playing on the 1st line and the PP. How is that any different than in CLB?
It's different because our players are of higher quality and may want to shoot too?
Quote:
Stop using stats Lexus. .

Old
07-23-2012, 09:29 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Just the history (link I posted) of the very short list of players increasing goal totals after age 28. And what I'm looking at now, his shots.

Now, his shooting percentage. That's arguable. The past two seasons it has been horrendous, posting last year an atrocious 9.8. I can understand him forcing it. The season before: 10.5. The only two times he got 40 goals he posted an identical 15.2% (269 shots and 263 shots).
You make some good points. But if ever there was an elite player wasting away on perennial loser, ready to flower late... Nash is the guy.

and if not... he's still better than Dubi

Old
07-23-2012, 09:30 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
It's different because our players are of higher quality and may want to shoot too?
Our players? Wanting to shoot? You must be new to the Rangers.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:32 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
I fail to see how it's unreasonable to say that Nash could put up 35 on this team when he'll be playing with Richards or Stepan, two guys that are better than just about anyone he played with in Columbus in his entire career.
The thing is , he doesn't really have to. Yea it would be nice but this team, assuming it plays healthy, is stacking up a lot of grade A talent.

The strategy remains the same. GET LUNDQVIST THE LEAD.

I think we are in better shape today then yesterday in this regard.

Old
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:

No wonder why CLB finished last. Nash was the only one to take a shot all season. Thats why Carter wanted out of CLB, Nash never let him shoot!

Old
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Our players? Wanting to shoot? You must be new to the Rangers.

lol

so true

Old
07-23-2012, 09:33 PM
Lexus Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Chariot View Post
You make some good points. But if ever there was an elite player wasting away on perennial loser, ready to flower late... Nash is the guy.

and if not... he's still better than Dubi
Believe me...I hope he'll be one of those outliers.

Even if he doesn't bring the stats at the very least he'll open up some ice for us, especially in the playoffs. That is my rationalization.

Closed Thread