HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Predators match offer sheet issued to Weber (Teams' releases are in post #335)

Closed Thread

Old
07-23-2012, 10:03 PM
Fresh34

vCash: 500
I wonder what our offer for Nash was if it was better than NYR's joke offer.

Old
07-23-2012, 10:05 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABEE View Post
Todd Cordell
"Dreger says here (about 9:20 - http://t.co/uG9W59Wa) that he doesn't think the Preds can or will match the offer sheet on Shea Weber #Flyers"

https://twitter.com/ToddCordell/stat...66268339855360

Dreger also said in this interview from earlier in the day that Flyers wanted both Nash and Weber and thought they had a better offer for Nash, but didn't meet requirement of including a center in the deal. Listen to interview in link above. He said Flyers are in on Doan too.
A better offer for Nash than what NYR offered: Meszaros + Voracek + Laughton.

That's got to tell me immediately that the Flyers have no real interest in "sweetening the pot" if they were still in on Nash this late into the game.

Old
07-23-2012, 10:13 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
A better offer for Nash than what NYR offered: Meszaros + Voracek + Laughton.

That's got to tell me immediately that the Flyers have no real interest in "sweetening the pot" if they were still in on Nash this late into the game.
Bet the back up plan is Ryan, if thats what Nash got we can offer that for Ryan and pull him in too.

Old
07-23-2012, 10:20 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Bet the back up plan is Ryan, if thats what Nash got we can offer that for Ryan and pull him in too.
Man what a coup if Preds just take the 4 picks and then we turn around and trade for Ryan.....but I suspect Holmgren will be snubbed for GM of the year and we will still hear about the Upshall trade....

Old
07-23-2012, 10:26 PM
GTopCheese

Quote:
Todd Cordell
"Dreger says here (about 9:20 - http://t.co/uG9W59Wa) that he doesn't think the Preds can or will match the offer sheet on Shea Weber #Flyers"

https://twitter.com/ToddCordell/stat...66268339855360

Dreger also said in this interview from earlier in the day that Flyers wanted both Nash and Weber and thought they had a better offer for Nash, but didn't meet requirement of including a center in the deal. Listen to interview in link above. He said Flyers are in on Doan too.
Don't see why that mattered considering Columbus got absolutely garbage minus Erixson for him.

Old
07-23-2012, 10:27 PM
Icedog2735

Quote:
Maybe this belongs in another thread but what do you think we would have to give up to get Ryan ASSUMING we get Weber for whatever package you think (4 1sts, a trade) and Ryan is the direction the Flyers want to go next

Old
07-23-2012, 10:29 PM
GTopCheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icedog2735 View Post
Maybe this belongs in another thread but what do you think we would have to give up to get Ryan ASSUMING we get Weber for whatever package you think (4 1sts, a trade) and Ryan is the direction the Flyers want to go next
Four 1sts to Nashville
Voracek + Mez to Anaheim

That's most likely the only way it's going to happen.

Old
07-23-2012, 10:31 PM
Larry44
10 - 88

Quote:
That was before the OS per Bill Meltzer.
I heard Dreger outline the initial Flyer offer on the radio tonight.

The Flyers offered "Matt Read, Meszaros, a 1st, 2 2nds, and a 3rd for Weber in a trade" and Nashville asked for Couts and Schenn.

We know from Weber's agent last week that they told Nashville they were going to sign an offer sheet unless the Flyers could arrange a trade for the rights.

They talked all day, then the Flyers finally said, here's the offer sheet.

I think the front-loading of bonuses caught the Preds off guard - also why Homer might be reluctant to add to that deal now.

Last edited by Larry44: 07-23-2012 at 10:51 PM. Reason: to clarify a point
Old
07-23-2012, 10:35 PM
PALE PWNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icedog2735 View Post
I'm assuming the offer above is accurate for Nash meaning we most likely arent trading anything to Nashville other then the compensatory picks. If its Voracek Mez Laughton for Ryan Im on board

Old
07-23-2012, 10:36 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
I'm assuming the offer above is accurate for Nash meaning we most likely arent trading anything to Nashville other then the compensatory picks. If its Voracek Mez Laughton for Ryan Im on board
I don't think Ryan is going anywhere right now.

Old
07-23-2012, 10:41 PM
PALE PWNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
I don't think Ryan is going anywhere right now.
Me neither fun to think about. It sound liek the Flyers are actively pursuing top line talent though

Old
07-23-2012, 10:46 PM
GTopCheese

Quote:
Too much. Columbus got a worse or relatively equal deal for Nash so I'm pretty sure it would lower the value.

Old
07-23-2012, 10:47 PM
FLYERMANIAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
I heard Dreger say this on the radio tonight.

Weber's agent told Nashville they were going to sign an offer sheet unless they could arrange a trade for the rights.

The Flyers offered "Matt Read, Meszaros, a 1st, 2 2nds, and a 3rd for Weber in a trade" and Nashville asked for Couts and Schenn.

They talked all day, then the Flyers finally said, here's the offer sheet.

I think the front-loading of bonuses caught the Preds off guard - also why Homer might be reluctant to add to that deal now.
...Funny Flyers give them away to save face and they throw it back in his face...lol...

Old
07-23-2012, 10:47 PM
Viller

If everything works out, they better use this when Holmgren walks to the stage at the press conference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9L8nsJLCHg

Old
07-23-2012, 10:50 PM
FLYERMANIAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by viller View Post
if everything works out, they better use this when holmgren walks to the stage at the press conference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9l8nsjlchg
...lmao...nice...

Old
07-23-2012, 10:55 PM
healthyscratch

vCash: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
I heard Dreger outline the initial Flyer offer on the radio tonight.
We know from Weber's agent last week that they told Nashville they were going to sign an offer sheet unless the Flyers could arrange a trade for the rights.
Wait, Webers agent was the one who informed Poile they were going to sign an OS?? Wow that changes things a bit IMO. That says he really wants out, and the player sought out the Flyers, not the other way around. Is there a link for this info?

Old
07-23-2012, 10:59 PM
CTU2fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTopCheese View Post
Too much. Columbus got a worse or relatively equal deal for Nash so I'm pretty sure it would lower the value.
Between Ryan being a "power forward" with a better cap hit and not making a gun-to-their-head trade demand I'd expect Anaheim to get a better package for Ryan than Columbus got for Nash.

Plus Howson being a moron...

Old
07-23-2012, 11:01 PM
PALE PWNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTopCheese View Post
Overpayment is what it would take. We have 7 defensemen signed without Weber, or the Kids Gus Bourdon. Who knows what Laughton does but if he can be packaged with an overpayed 3rd pairing D-man (on our team) and the position we are upgrading why not? I like Voracek and Mez in fact I don't want to move either, but there is no denying Ryan is a clear upgrade over Voracek and Mez will never be more then a 3rd pairing D on this team with a 4+ million dollar cap hit. Laughton is the best prospect we have automatically. you also need to remember Ryan counts a full 2.7 million less against the cap then Nash as well and provides similair numbers

Old
07-23-2012, 11:09 PM
laundryman

Wasn't there a report/tweet that said Doan was waiting for the Weber situation to resolve and that the Flyers were his second choice behind Phoenix? I forget where I heard that

Old
07-23-2012, 11:10 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laundryman View Post
Wasn't there a report/tweet that said Doan was waiting for the Weber situation to resolve and that the Flyers were his second choice behind Phoenix? I forget where I heard that
Didnt hear that but it would be awesome..

Old
07-23-2012, 11:14 PM
Jumping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
I hope they announce tomorrow..have a date Wed and now I am wanting to postpone so I can celebrate if we do get him and it comes down to the wire...
For God's sake go on your date. Who knows, either way you might get lucky.

Old
07-23-2012, 11:24 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quick hypothetical question, would Philly fans have accepted a trade of Read for Suter after the All Star Game?

Might have meant Suter was a rental, but at least you would have had Suter for the playoffs and exclusive negotiating rights.

Old
07-23-2012, 11:26 PM
PALE PWNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds19 View Post
Quick hypothetical question, would Philly fans have accepted a trade of Read for Suter after the All Star Game?

Might have meant Suter was a rental, but at least you would have had Suter for the playoffs and exclusive negotiating rights.
With the benefit of hindsight, no as he would not have signed here regaurdless. Idk how I would of felt about it at the time...

Old
07-23-2012, 11:26 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumping View Post
For God's sake go on your date. Who knows, either way you might get lucky.
Ha ha I know right..but still if I didn't have a date I would be glued to the net. Maybe I can engage in some Weber "smashing" in honor of his acquisition ...

Old
07-23-2012, 11:31 PM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

After this is all done, somebody in Hollywood should make a movie about this whole situation.

Closed Thread