HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rick Nash+S. Delisle+cond. 3rd to NYR for Dubinsky+Anisimov+Erixon+2013 1st (Part II)

Closed Thread

Old
07-23-2012, 11:23 PM
Gardner McKay
The NYR get...

vCash: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Oh please. I am getting quite sick of the anti-gaborik group here. Give it a rest.
He is anti-Nash. No mention of Gabs.

07-23-2012, 11:24 PM
NYRCNS39

vCash: 500
If the cap is lowered, dramatically or not, does anyone think the rangers would use the compliance buyout from the new CBA (if there is one) on Nash instead of Redden to try and get him signed to a more cap friendly hit?

Old
07-23-2012, 11:25 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRCNS39 View Post
If the cap is lowered, dramatically or not, does anyone think the rangers would use the compliance buyout from the new CBA (if there is one) on Nash instead of Redden to try and get him signed to a more cap friendly hit?
You can't buy someone out and re-sign them until the current contract runs out. That's basically restructuring the contract, which is not allowed under the current CBA, the CBA present when his contract was signed.

Old
07-23-2012, 11:26 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
If you buy a player out you can't turn around and re-sign him.

Anyway, the cap will NOT be lowered dramatically. It's just not going to happen. Perhaps there will be a slight drop (couple million or so max) but more likely there will be a cap freeze for a couple years until the owners get their increased share of revenue.

Old
07-23-2012, 11:26 PM
Leetch3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
I think JT Miller will end up on the 3rd line center position.
no doubt in my mind that is the long term plan, for miller to replace dubi/artie. but the question is when will he be ready.

Old
07-23-2012, 11:29 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
no doubt in my mind that is the long term plan, for miller to replace dubi/artie. but the question is when will he be ready.
Exactly. Hopefully he has one of those training camps where he makes it impossible for the organization to send him down. But more realistically I expect him to need at least another half season to round out his game. Worst case I think he makes the team out of camp in 2013.

Old
07-23-2012, 11:30 PM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

Anisimov's playing time dropped off in the playoffs each of the last two years. That stat said it all to me.

Old
07-23-2012, 11:32 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
That is the weirdest thing anyone has ever suggested on here. Not to mention illegal.

Old
07-23-2012, 11:33 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
The NHL extension to Glendale to close the deal currently runs through July 31st. If there's not a deal done (or reasonably close) by then, I believe the team could be moved at any time. The potential owners have to meet terms of the lease but there are no legal hurdles stopping them and the city executing the lease.

What's most troubling is that there's not been a public peep from Jamison's group. That of course could change any day but it's been very quiet here. Scary quiet.

I think Shane continues to do his due dilliegence and bides his time until the end of the month at a minimum. He's the kind of player there will always be a market for. Only rush for him is getting kids registered for school.
So Doan won't be choosing a new team (if he has to) until at least August 1st?

What are the odds in your opinion, that a deal gets done with Jamison?

Old
07-23-2012, 11:34 PM
Gardner McKay
The NYR get...

vCash: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
That is the weirdest thing anyone has ever suggested on here. Not to mention illegal.
Its illegal in a regular buy out. There are always loopholes, maybe using a compliance buy out wouldn't be illegal?

Old
07-23-2012, 11:35 PM
Muckr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexus Dog View Post
It really is.
No it's not troll err Larry Brooks.

Old
07-23-2012, 11:35 PM
KingWantsCup
Grinch who stole...

vCash: 350
I would love to get a Dubi/AA chant going when we play Columbus at home. I can't express how much I appreciated them.

Old
07-23-2012, 11:36 PM
Draft Guru

vCash: 920
I've been at work all day so I didn't get a chance to share my thoughts earlier. Also, I haven't read through the 50 pages or so already on here, so bare with me if some of what I say has been repeated.

First off, I'm on record saying I didn't want Nash. I think he is what he is. A 30-35 goal, 60-70 point player. I don't think he's worth the 7.8M contract that he has for the next 6 years. That's a lot of money for that amount of production. He's 28. I'm not sure how much better, if any, he can be. I'd be really surprised if he comes here and scores 80+ points/a point per game. I'd love to be proven wrong, but with the strict defensive style we play, I don't think we will see guys putting up crazy offensive numbers on this team. Unless of course the power play drastically improves, but that's talk for another day.

I am, however, generally surprised and pleased with what we had to surrender in this deal. Sather very rarely makes a terrible trade, and he has kept his promise that he will not trade kids. The players that we gave up certainly were expendable and can be replaced from within. We needed another scorer and as long as Nash continues to be a 30+/60+ player, he will help this team.

JT Miller is the obvious replacement for Dubinsky. I think Miller could step into the lineup this season and put up the 10 goals, 34 points that Dubinsky had last year. But we'll see how he looks in camp. Most likely he starts the season in Hartford, but he's a younger, cheaper version of Dubinsky.

I'm sad to see Dubi go. He's been a part of the organization for 8 years. We've watched him come up through the system and be a part of the core. I do think last season was an abberation. He's closer to the 20g, 45 pt player he has been in previous seasons, rather than the 10, 24 we got from him this past year. But in a cap world, players have to live up to their contracts. We can't afford to continue paying a player 4M+ for 34 points of production. I think Dubinsky would have had a bounce back season this year, but I can't blame Sather for getting out from under that contract right now. You have to move salary to take salary back.

I've always been a fan of Anisimov as well, but he's been maddeningly inconsistent. I'm still not sure what you have with him. Is he a winger or a center? A scorer, playmaker or a solid defensive forward who can chip in occassionally? Is he ever going to finally bulk up and get stronger? Can he keep his head up? Can he avoid the 15-20 game slumps that he always seems to go on? I think he was one of the guys Torts was referring to in his end of season address when he said he was worried about some guys. Torts cut his minutes in the playoffs as he disappeared for long stretches. His contract is up after next season and he's due for a raise, likely into the $3-4 million range. Two questions...Is he worth that much? And could the Rangers afford him at that price, considering Stepan, McDonagh, etc all are due raises at the same time? At the end of the day, he was expendable in a deal like this as you have to give to get.

Erixon is the wild card in the deal. Again, the question is what is he? A top 4, PP QB or a smooth skating, bottom pair guy who struggles to compete physically in his own zone? There were a few reports last season that the Rangers weren't happy with his development in Hartford. He was too weak physically and soft on the puck. Ran around a bit like a chicken with his head chopped off. Obviously it was a huge jump for him from the European ice to the smaller, more physical North American game. With the left side in NY locked up for a while (Staal is 25, McDonagh 22, and Del Zotto 21), Erixon was going to have a tough time to crack our lineup. I loved the acquisition of him from Calgary. Great asset management by Sather to add another blue chipper and more talent to the organization. But again, in a deal like this, he was expendable considering the depth we have on defense. I'm sure the Rangers preferred to keep McIlrath over Erixon due to the fact McIlrath is a right handed, right defenseman and the physical style that he brings. We don't have anyone like him in the organization.

The 1st round pick is not a big loss. We have done a tremendous job drafting, developing, trading for and signing young talent. The pick is likely to be in the bottom 8 of the 1st round. No biggie. We have a wealth of prospects in the pipeline.

At the end of the day, we lose Dubinsky and Anisimov from the roster and replace them with Nash, and potenially Miller or a signing such as Doan. That's a win. On paper, our team is better. We didn't have to give up Miller, Hagelin, Kreider, Stepan, McDonagh or Del Zotto. Sather got Nash on his terms. He won this game of poker with Howson and waited him out. Howson was hoping he could get the moon for Nash, but after the market dried up he finally had to come to his senses and deal Nash for what he could get. He wouldn't deal with Detroit. Philly was out of it after the move for Weber. San Jose was unwilling to include Couture and couldn't match the pieces we had to offer. He had to make a move before a new CBA came into play with possible significant decreases in the Cap and such. Sather stood pat and waited for Howson to come back to him and finally accept the offer that was probably on the table for months.

Will be interesting to see if there's another move Sather makes now, whether it be Doan or another forward.

Old
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
Its illegal in a regular buy out. There are always loopholes, maybe using a compliance buy out wouldn't be illegal?
If so, there is no way Nash would be tethered to the Rangers. You'd be taking it on good faith that he wouldn't just take the biggest offer available (14 years 110 million, if this years UFA crop is any indication)

No one in their right mind would ever do such a thing.

Old
Muckr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Pyatt plays both wing positions effectively.
Bobbop can you confirm?

In any event

So with the Nash trade the questions becomes what the depth chart is with and without Gaborik.

With my question is...can Pyatt play RW effectively as it would seem line 3 is
Hagelin-Boyle-Pyatt
and if not who is 3rd line RW?

Without Gaborik....can Kreider play RW so line 2 is
Hagelin-Stepan-Richards

and then who is line 3 RW?

Old
07-23-2012, 11:37 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
I would love to get a Dubi/AA chant going when we play Columbus at home. I can't express how much I appreciated them.
Too bad we don't know when that will be. We only play CBJ once a year. Next year we play in Columbus.

Old
07-23-2012, 11:39 PM
Swedish Fish
CONQUERED

Still in shock that Nash is a Ranger, kinda taking a while to set in.

Old
07-23-2012, 11:40 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

I'm going to Cosby's tomorrow. Any questions you guys want me to ask them for you regarding jerseys or anything?

Old
07-23-2012, 11:40 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
Columbus doesn't play in NY this year. I think we play there in early April.

Of course, there is always the possibility of a NY/CLB Cup Final

07-23-2012, 11:42 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreiders Underwear View Post
I'm going to Cosby's tomorrow. Any questions you guys want me to ask them for you regarding jerseys or anything?
Cost of Nash and McDonagh in white

Old
07-23-2012, 11:42 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Fish View Post
Still in shock that Nash is a Ranger, kinda taking a while to set in.
Never sinks in for me until I actually see the guy on the ice in uniform.

Old
07-23-2012, 11:43 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Cost of Nash and McDonagh in white
Alright.

Old
07-23-2012, 11:45 PM
mschmidt64

Quote:
http://www.hockey-reference.com/play...rder_by=points

Basically this is a list of players that increased their goal totals after age 28. It is a very elite and short list of 33. Only Hossa, Jagr, and Iginla did it post-lockout.

So it's a huge reality check for those of you that think Nash will be "reborn, rebirthed, born-again, motivated, etc, etc", and start scoring 40-50 (or even 35) goals. Unless you think he is that type of generational talent...

Don't expect anything more than 30 goals. Assists could go up, sure, because I'd like to think we have better forwards (and defensemen) than Columbus that could finish on his rebounds, passes, and secondary passes.

Nash is what he is. 60-70 point player, nothing more and for the love of all that is holy, I hope nothing less considering what we gave up.
I'm confused.

Marian Gaborik scored 40 goals only once while he was under 27 while with his original team. Now that he's joined the Rangers he's done it twice since hitting age 28.

Nash has scored 40 goals TWICE in his career, now he's joining the Rangers at the same age Gaborik arrived, basically. So I'm being told that Nash is incapable of scoring 40 again?

Gaborik just did it, dude. Same exact circumstances. I don't know what your list is measuring but it is surely twisting facts.

Old
07-23-2012, 11:47 PM
mschmidt64

Quote:
It really is.
It's really not.

Old
07-23-2012, 11:50 PM
Lexus Dog