HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo XXV - *Important Mod Warning #15*

Closed Thread

Old
07-23-2012, 09:27 PM
leaffansince1961

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonMeans View Post
If you don't see the correlation then how could you assert that Gillis was dissappointed with the trade? Wouldn't that imply that there was a correlation between Nash's value and Luongo's?
I was trying to be funny and point out that Luongo's value is less than Nash. Sorry.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:28 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
I think the problem here is they (Gillis and especially Luongo) let the cat out of the bag that Luongo was on the way out. As easy as hfboarders make it out to be, you can't just not trade him. Luongo will be dealt - there is not Schneider/Luongo tandem at the start of season.
Why not?

Time, time and time again Vancouver fans told me deep goaltending was the key of their success in the past 2 seasons.

I didnt count how many time i have been told Schneider and Luongo go along well together.

And Gillis told the media it was the leading possibility to bring both back.

Last edited by palindrom: 07-23-2012 at 09:34 PM.
Old
07-23-2012, 09:38 PM
Bleach Clean

I think they bring both back to start the year.

Then, hopefully a new market opens up with teams realizing that they actually have goaltending deficiencies. Only now, their season is on the line (in a more acute sense).

After that, negotiations are bound to pick up steam. Until such time, no need to hurry, even if it's not ideal. MG pretty much said as much today on the radio.

Long wait ahead peoples.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:38 PM
number72

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
Why not?

Time, time and time again Vancouver fans told me deep goaltending was the key of their success in the past 2 seasons.

I didnt count how many time i have been told Schneider and Luongo go along well together.

And Gillis told the media it was the leading possibility to bring both back.
Because Luongo confirmed the trade in the press. Rumours are one thing - they happen to all teams but Luongo wants out and he is not staying.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:40 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Because Luongo confirmed the trade in the press. Rumours are one thing - they happen to all teams but Luongo wants out and he is not staying.

Time to move on = yes.

When exactly to move on = no.

MG remarked on the less than ideal situation of bringing Lu back. He has not shut the door as a possibility. Remarked that both are professionals, and have co-existed in the past. Doesn't see a problem with the scenario.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:48 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 1850
As an outside I think no matter how hard Gilis tries to sell the Hodgson for Kassien deal--he is bitten by the fans and media for not getting enough for the kid and Kassien being a non-factor in the playoffs--he will try to hold out for what he wants with Luongo. He is aiming for the moon. I think he will get players of value at the end of the day, but not the blue chippers he wants

Old
07-23-2012, 09:49 PM
palindrom

Quote:
So its up to him?

What if at the end of the day Luongo face the only option to accept a trade to Colombus, or play with the Chicago wolves?

Would he rather stay in Vancouver or still want out?

Last edited by palindrom: 07-23-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Old
07-23-2012, 10:03 PM
number72

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
So its up to him?

What if at the end of the day Luongo face the only option to accept a trade to Colombus, or play with the Chicago wolves?

Would he rather stay in Vancouver or still want out?
That is really a question for Luongo.

Personally I think he will be traded to Panthers and Gillis will get him there. Chicago and Toronto are simply a distraction to get the Panthers to trade their farm to the Canucks. And Gillis is not going to risk damaging the locker room with a professional but disappointed Lugono

Old
07-23-2012, 10:06 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback91 View Post
Gillis is a much better GM than Howson. On top of that the 3 main GMs Gillis has been talking to regarding Luongo are not as trade savy as Sather. Sather always seems to get a steal of a deal anytime he makes a major trade.
Really? Sather >>> tallon?

Old
07-23-2012, 10:09 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
I think they bring both back to start the year.

Then, hopefully a new market opens up with teams realizing that they actually have goaltending deficiencies. Only now, their season is on the line (in a more acute sense).

After that, negotiations are bound to pick up steam. Until such time, no need to hurry, even if it's not ideal. MG pretty much said as much today on the radio.

Long wait ahead peoples.
Good luck with that locker room...

And if Roberto has his typical October, his value will diminish even more.

Which is why this will be done before training camp.

Old
07-23-2012, 10:22 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

1. The Fans want CS
2. The Coach has more faith in CS
3. Luongo has publicly stated he wants out.
4. CS much cheaper than Luongo
5. Repeat 1, 2, 3 and 4 over and over.

Look Bobby Lou is going somewhere. Personally I would be more comfortable giving up a package for Schneider, but this is a unique situation.

Due to team confidence, price, age, etc. Luongo has to go. His Age and Contract are huge detractors.

In my eyes Kipper has almost the same value simply because he comes off the books next year.

Who wants to anchor their team to an expensive player already past his prime who is signed for the next decade?

With Nash's deal, I am thinking Luongo's value took another hit. I said before I would offer nothing more than a 2nd to take the contract, and I think I am still there. God bless MG if he can get more. If I am a GM I am not in the business of doing favours for my rivals. So let Vancouver rot with the two goalies and two cap hits. The longer they pay their back-up 6M the longer they have will holes in their lineup. This is a team on the cusp of a CUP. They have to move a goalie, and it appears Luongo is the one.

If MG can get 1/2 of what Nash brought CBJ he is a winner.

Old
07-23-2012, 10:26 PM
arsmaster

Yup.

Lock up this flame fest.

'let Vancouver rot' with the goalies responsible for back to back presidents trophies, a trip to game 7 of the finals, and a Jennings.

Nothing new has been said since April.

Old
07-23-2012, 10:30 PM
Scurr

The Canucks should be able to get half of what Nash got, at the very least. That's basically Dubi/Erixon or Anisimov/1st.

Old
07-23-2012, 10:42 PM
Andy Dufresne

Quote:
I must of missed the press conference announcing Luongo as the new GM of the Vancouver Canucks

or are you saying he's going to hold out and give up aprox. 80,000$ dollars a game? Heck 1 million dollars a month isn't that much money to give up in the name of pride, and he's already a rich man anway!

Old
07-23-2012, 10:44 PM
ChillyPalmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
The Canucks should be able to get half of what Nash got, at the very least. That's basically Dubi/Erixon or Anisimov/1st.
The Rangers first is basically a 2nd for most teams.

Nash also had 5 teams HE was willing to talk to. I think his value was much higher then Lu's.

Old
07-23-2012, 10:51 PM
Scurr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillyPalmer View Post
I think his value was much higher then Lu's.
More than double? Realistically, Nash had one place to go. SanJose doesn't have the cap room or assets, Detroit was a no go. Also, regardless what you think of Lu's deal, it's easier to fit in than Nash's.

The Rangers 1st isn't as valuable as the Leafs, I'll give you that. I'd trade Lu for Anisimov and the Leafs second. Unfortunately, you don't have Anisimov

Old
07-23-2012, 10:51 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillyPalmer View Post
The Rangers first is basically a 2nd for most teams.

Nash also had 5 teams HE was willing to talk to. I think his value was much higher then Lu's.
And a lot of people feel CBJ didn't get good value.

Old
07-23-2012, 10:55 PM
Scurr

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
People say that every time a star gets traded. You just can't get "value" out of those deals unless you hit on a prospect or two. Columbus has a shot to do that with the deal they got.

Old
07-23-2012, 10:56 PM
number72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Dufresne View Post
I must of missed the press conference announcing Luongo as the new GM of the Vancouver Canucks

or are you saying he's going to hold out and give up aprox. 80,000$ dollars a game? Heck 1 million dollars a month isn't that much money to give up in the name of pride, and he's already a rich man anway!
There were a few media events you evidently missed. Look for Luongo recent radio interview.

Sure Gillis can refuse to trade him though I don't think Gillis is stubborn enough risking the impact of having a player in the locker room that doesn't want to be there.

Old
07-23-2012, 10:56 PM
ChillyPalmer

Quote:
More than double? Realistically, Nash had one place to go. SanJose doesn't have the cap room or assets, Detroit was a no go. Also, regardless what you think of Lu's deal, it's easier to fit in than Nash's.

The Rangers 1st isn't as valuable as the Leafs, I'll give you that. I'd trade Lu for Anisimov and the Leafs second. Unfortunately, you don't have Anisimov
Just saying there was more then 5 teams interested in Nash. Lu has what? 3-4 tops?

Not saying it's fair or anything, just that goalies are worth less then goalscorers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
They didn't. When a player asks to be moved and has a NTC, the value will never be fair.

Old
07-23-2012, 10:59 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
People say that every time a star gets traded. You just can't get "value" out of those deals unless you hit on a prospect or two. Columbus has a shot to do that with the deal they got.
I think they did well.

Just pointing out that perceptions are different.

Old
07-23-2012, 11:03 PM
DJOpus

Quote:
I'd take Dubi+Erixon but I'm pretty high on Erixon still.

What is that realistically, Bolland + Saad + pick?

Old
07-23-2012, 11:04 PM
kongt

I thought all Luongo discussions are banished to team forum discussion no?

Old
07-23-2012, 11:07 PM
LUUUUUIS
¿Qué bolá, Tallón?

Quote:
That is really a question for Luongo.

Personally I think he will be traded to Panthers and Gillis will get him there. Chicago and Toronto are simply a distraction to get the Panthers to trade their farm to the Canucks. And Gillis is not going to risk damaging the locker room with a professional but disappointed Lugono
Doubtful. I'll eat my hat and post the video on YouTube if Tallon trades anyone in our top 5 prospects as part of a deal for Luongo.

Old
07-23-2012, 11:12 PM
Boltsfan2029

vCash: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
MG remarked on the less than ideal situation of bringing Lu back. He has not shut the door as a possibility. Remarked that both are professionals, and have co-existed in the past. Doesn't see a problem with the scenario.
Hmmm. I wonder what else he would say in this situation?

Closed Thread